Trash Teams

280 replies to this topic

#1 RePlayBoy101

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 408 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 09:38 AM

did PGI murge the tiers?

teams right now are utter garbage and filled with utter ******** randomness ... something is not right becouse this is just pure idiotism

#2 Willard Phule

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 13 August 2019 - 09:41 AM

No longer enough population for the matchmaker to do it's job. The changes to FP recently did their job of driving people away far better than hoped for.

#3 Gagis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 09:45 AM

FP is more active now than It has been in ages.

Quick Play on the other hand suffers from everyone and their dog having reached Tier 1 and matchmaker dividing them by tonnage alone. The matchmaker literally does not and can not take player statistics into account, because it sees everyone as the same. This results in massive variation with top players having to carry extra hard and everyone running the risk of getting completely dead weight on their team. Many Tier 1 players nowadays are clearly worse than Tier 2 or 3 players.

#4 HammerMaster

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 13 August 2019 - 09:46 AM

It's the crappiest crap shoot you will ever crap. Or shoot.

#5 RePlayBoy101

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 408 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 09:50 AM

well RIP MWO i guess ... i wont be playing this crapfest for much longer XD

#6 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 13 August 2019 - 12:32 PM

View PostRePlayBoy101, on 13 August 2019 - 09:50 AM, said:

well RIP MWO i guess ... i wont be playing this crapfest for much longer XD

which is why qp games turned to crap, most people that could play left the game, many don't want anything to do with qp and stick to fp and comp, where because you can pick your teammates the level of stupidity is much lower

and as others mentioned out of players that are left all the bad pilots tiered up, so basically there is no matchmaker anymore

plan to run around in circles and expect absolutely nothing that makes any sense from your team and the enemy, if you can accept that you can have fun in qp I suppose, otherwise it's just a way to get frustrated

#7 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,066 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 13 August 2019 - 12:57 PM

Yep. The population in dive mode long ago with fp/cw or whatever it's called started with long tom. What fun that was. No development on mwo since the mw5 announcement with none planed post 2020. Qp is do whatever and f every one else mode. There are millions of team based and gene based games we could play better than mwo but mwo's core loop is fun.

#8 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 01:26 PM

Why teams are bad is not due to pop, it's due to this

https://mwomercs.com...thread-we-need/

#9 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,642 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 13 August 2019 - 02:30 PM

View PostRePlayBoy101, on 13 August 2019 - 09:38 AM, said:

did PGI murge the tiers?

teams right now are utter garbage and filled with utter ******** randomness ... something is not right becouse this is just pure idiotism

MM itself is not the issue, it is how PGI has MM setup to use only Tier and mech class, while PSR itself is setup to move people through the tiers by doing a bare minimum, and an attempt to separate the new players/low MS score players from the vets.

One can only use Jarl's list to generate an avg history but until a search is down on the forums, to see if their Tier is click on/off, one can only guess. But after doing that very thing, I found several players who are doing the bare minimum, the necessary threshold and be listed as a Tier 2 and Tier 1 player. So when a player complains about the valves opening up due to how a game turned out... It has no need to open up the valves, or opened it up very little to include the next tier, which may have better players available, players who simply had not played enough games yet to move up into the next tier.

Tier 1/2 is simply a minversion of the T1-T5. Players in Tier 1 and 2 will have an average MS score of 600+ MS to a low of 170+ MS score... That player with the avg 170 MS may have played 5-10x as many games than the highest scoring player, doing JUST enough to hit the low threshold points in the PSR to move up in Tiers.

Nightbird has a thread on how it could be done, but we are talking about PGI and their minimum viable product.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 13 August 2019 - 02:39 PM.

#10 Feral Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 915 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 02:39 PM

Looks like you play a lot of assaults and not much else. Cool as you seem to do really well at it.

I suggest though that if you go down to fast mediums and lights you may find the current conditions more bearable. Proper positioning these days doesn't mean much when you team is likely to be running away from you.

Other thing you could try is call matches. Would be nice to have guys do this who actually know what they're doing. Most drop commanders these days are bad. Wish more like you would do it and the 23 percenter's give it a rest.

#11 East Indy

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,207 posts
  • LocationPacifica Training School, waiting for BakPhar shares to rise

Posted 13 August 2019 - 05:56 PM

Dumb luck is dangerous. Teams fall apart before I can get a carry going. It's been really, really unfun the last few days.

#12 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 10:13 PM

did PGI murge the tiers?

The tiers aren't a sign of talent or skill... the tiers are game xp bars meant to encourage players to keep grinding the game thinking they were going to be ranked higher and that they were getting better. Of the I think its six others showing Tier 1 to have replied (myself included) to you thus far only Nightbird is even more talented/skilled than you. East Indy is roughly equal, then I'm ranked next and everyone else (with a tier 1 showed) are below me. And of the ones who don't show their tiers, one of them is one of the worst skilled/talented in the game still actually playing, one has barely played quick play at all in the past 3 years and one that now shows "retired" on jarl's is actually the highest ranked in the thread.

#13 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 August 2019 - 10:28 PM

also, you basically have to play mechs that are borderline OP or everything meta only as you have to carry almost each battle, doing literally everything on your own while the rest of the team just follows (if it doesnt spread like wet sh't before that).

#14 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,610 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 11:06 PM

did PGI murge the tiers?

No mocking intended in this post... well except mocking PGIs tier system.

https://leaderboard....arch?u=Davegt27
Player who plays as much as him and normal season percentile being below 50 and still being tier1. Now what is lowest percentile tier2 and 3 player in the game?

No merges required if 60-80% of whole games population is within tier1-3.

#15 crazytimes

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 12:46 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 13 August 2019 - 10:13 PM, said:

The tiers aren't a sign of talent or skill... the tiers are game xp bars

This is true. Look at me, I'm a 0.8kd and about the same w/l. Still got there in less than a year. Makes no difference now, you will always get the same people in matches.

As long as we're having fun, that's all that matters. If you're not, just play another game.

#16 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 14 August 2019 - 02:38 AM

Sometimes when I get on Twitch, I see Ash and Yondu doing FP at a very convenient time for me. Maybe I'll see if they'll take a pepega with them Posted Image

#17 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 August 2019 - 05:48 AM

Posted Image

relatable to MWO'S population.

#18 Foxwalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 962 posts
  • LocationLost on Thunder Rift

Posted 14 August 2019 - 08:48 AM

Matches for me seem to fall into 2 or 3 different categories.
1. Match starts, no one says a word, everyone doing their own thing. If they stick together, and are aggressive, it is more often a win. Like 60/40

2. Match starts, no one says a word, everyone doing their own thing. If they all go different directions, and die one after the next. Usually a loss. Like maybe 20/80

3. Best scenario. Someone says lets all go here. Targets are called and the team is aggressive, this is almost always a win. But, even when you don't win these you feel like it was a good effort. Like maybe 80/20.

The question, RePlay, is did you try to get a better outcome by suggesting a strategy or location? Did you call targets?
I am curious about what Trash is defined by?

Yes people complain about the matchmaker but, I notice that working as a team really goes a long way into evening that stuff out. Nightbird's thread aside, I am not sure how much you can quantify having fun at least trying to work together.

Thanks.

#19 lichx

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • LocationTx

Posted 14 August 2019 - 11:44 PM

This is the expected result when you throw new people(T4-T5) in with people that have played for months or even years(T3-T1). Instead of complaining try taking command and directing your team. Otherwise your just as guilty as the rest of your team for not working together. As of now the winning team is determined by 2 factors: A commander to direct the team and the side with the most vets. One can be fixed the other can be countered by the first.

#20 Feral Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 915 posts

Posted 15 August 2019 - 12:09 AM

View PostFoxwalker, on 14 August 2019 - 08:48 AM, said:

Matches for me seem to fall into 2 or 3 different categories.
1. Match starts, no one says a word, everyone doing their own thing. If they stick together, and are aggressive, it is more often a win. Like 60/40

2. Match starts, no one says a word, everyone doing their own thing. If they all go different directions, and die one after the next. Usually a loss. Like maybe 20/80

3. Best scenario. Someone says lets all go here. Targets are called and the team is aggressive, this is almost always a win. But, even when you don't win these you feel like it was a good effort. Like maybe 80/20.

The question, RePlay, is did you try to get a better outcome by suggesting a strategy or location? Did you call targets?
I am curious about what Trash is defined by?

Yes people complain about the matchmaker but, I notice that working as a team really goes a long way into evening that stuff out. Nightbird's thread aside, I am not sure how much you can quantify having fun at least trying to work together.

Thanks.

View Postlichx, on 14 August 2019 - 11:44 PM, said:

This is the expected result when you throw new people(T4-T5) in with people that have played for months or even years(T3-T1). Instead of complaining try taking command and directing your team. Otherwise your just as guilty as the rest of your team for not working together. As of now the winning team is determined by 2 factors: A commander to direct the team and the side with the most vets. One can be fixed the other can be countered by the first.

My experience by a far margin is that the vast majority of people taking up drop calling are terrible players and get people to go to stupid places. They generally are slow assaults or lurm boats trying to get people to play static and go where they think they can be effective.

Couple days ago a 32 percenter said he didn't like centre on Terra so we're going echo six and everybody followed....0-12 later I said for people to learn and not listen to a guy with a .76 wlr but got called toxic for daring to suggest it's kinda important to be at least decent before taking the reins.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users