Loyalty Rewards Announcement In 10 Days?

46 replies to this topic

#1 Jormunrek

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 56 posts

Posted 18 August 2019 - 08:14 PM

So, think we will get the Loyalty rewards announcement on the 28th of August?

Since coming back from my hiatus I have been in a holding pattern on cash purchases because of statements/rumors of MWO now in "maintenance mode".

I figure if they are still doing the Loyalty rewards then maybe MWO isn't quite in maint. mode.
But we'll see I guess.

Jorm

#2 Prototelis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 18 August 2019 - 08:32 PM

I don't think there will be loyalty rewards.

#3 GoatHILL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 399 posts
  • LocationA dark corner

Posted 18 August 2019 - 09:21 PM

LOL

#4 GeminiWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 743 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 August 2019 - 09:22 PM

Why would they give out Loyalty mechs? Every time they do people complain that it's not the mech they wanted or how worthless it is.

#5 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,066 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 18 August 2019 - 10:19 PM

Loyalty implies you bought a qualifying mech pack. Pgi decides which mech pack that is. Since packs haven't been making mwo money and a lot of the released mechs have been meh a lot of people haven't bothered to buy them since the mechs suck.

#6 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 18 August 2019 - 11:27 PM

View PostJediPanther, on 18 August 2019 - 10:19 PM, said:

Loyalty implies you bought a qualifying mech pack. Pgi decides which mech pack that is. Since packs haven't been making mwo money and a lot of the released mechs have been meh a lot of people haven't bothered to buy them since the mechs suck.

the whole point of loyalty rewards is to encourage players to buy qualifying mech packs retroactively in order to get the loyalty rewards.

PGI could still do loyalty rewards they just need to release a decent mechpack first. Im sure IS omnimechs would sell as well as could be expected if they would fix the idiocy surrounding ISXL.

An IS omnimech pack with loyalty reward variants would be ideal.

Edited by Khobai, 18 August 2019 - 11:35 PM.

#7 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 18 August 2019 - 11:59 PM

Loyalty Rewards can be for Dropship sales that we had as well as the mech packs. Or just spending money on MWO for many things like during the Bonus MC sale.

#8 jjm1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hell Fork
  • Hell Fork
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 02:19 AM

I have been quite disloyal.

#9 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,882 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 19 August 2019 - 03:47 AM

View PostJediPanther, on 18 August 2019 - 10:19 PM, said:

I don’t recall Russ’s precise phrasing, but when he announced the effective end of mech packs, didn’t he say something along the lines of “we still have one more special mech release in the works”, or something like that? Perhaps he is referring to the final, yet to be announced, round of loyalty mechs? And as bad as many of the mech packs this year have been, perhaps if they offer some truly OP/unique loyalty variants, that might be just the ticket to entice some marks to go back and buy the dreaded collector packs. More I think about it, the more I think this is likely.

#10 Random Carnage

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 946 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 19 August 2019 - 04:06 AM

The game is dead, it just hasn't stopped twitching yet. QP is just an exercise in frustration these days. So damned random - it's like herding cats in there.

#11 Armored Yokai

• IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 1,949 posts
  • LocationHouston,TX

Posted 19 August 2019 - 04:28 AM

View PostBud Crue, on 19 August 2019 - 03:47 AM, said:

I don’t recall Russ’s precise phrasing, but when he announced the effective end of mech packs, didn’t he say something along the lines of “we still have one more special mech release in the works”, or something like that? Perhaps he is referring to the final, yet to be announced, round of loyalty mechs? And as bad as many of the mech packs this year have been, perhaps if they offer some truly OP/unique loyalty variants, that might be just the ticket to entice some marks to go back and buy the dreaded collector packs. More I think about it, the more I think this is likely.

Sunder, Avatar, Strider, Owens - Bombast's favorite list.
Thunderhawk, Flashman, Komodo, Hermes - Very strong mechs if implemented and designed correctly!
Longbow, Crusader, Valkyrie/Stinger/Wasp - F U Harmony gold. (Specials are very shiny and come with cockpit lights)

It started with the Atlas and should end with the Atlas II
"These 'Mechs are prized by the Clans when they were found." Just imagine how I.S warriors felt when they managed to get a hold of one.

MWO's final mech should be the

Atlas II (Zero)
50% CDR on LBX10
Armor total of Atlas RS

Edited by Armored Yokai, 19 August 2019 - 04:28 AM.

#12 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 04:30 AM

MWOs final mech should be the Mackie.

#13 Armored Yokai

• IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 1,949 posts
  • LocationHouston,TX

Posted 19 August 2019 - 04:32 AM

View PostPrototelis, on 19 August 2019 - 04:30 AM, said:

MWOs final mech should be the Mackie.

Me when Mackie gets released before the Atlas II

Edited by Armored Yokai, 19 August 2019 - 04:32 AM.

#14 Verilligo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 789 posts
  • LocationPodunk, U.S.A.

Posted 19 August 2019 - 05:41 AM

I don’t recall Russ’s precise phrasing, but when he announced the effective end of mech packs, didn’t he say something along the lines of “we still have one more special mech release in the works”, or something like that?

His phrasing was that they might, in the future, release another mech pack. Not that they have one in the works or that they promised they would be releasing another, only that they might consider a future release. If they did, it would need to be something particularly special or popular or bring a new feature to the game. Technically IS Omnis would satisfy these criteria, except for the fact it would require developing more than just one mech. If they have difficulty justifying releasing even a single new design, the idea of releasing more than one across the weight range is even more unlikely.

I've mostly written it off as business speak to keep people engaged without actually having to release anything. There's a very good chance there will never be another mech pack, in other words.

#15 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,882 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 19 August 2019 - 06:35 AM

View PostVerilligo, on 19 August 2019 - 05:41 AM, said:

His phrasing was that they might, in the future, release another mech pack. Not that they have one in the works or that they promised they would be releasing another, only that they might consider a future release.

Oh well. So much for that.

#16 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 19 August 2019 - 06:54 AM

I don’t recall Russ’s precise phrasing, but when he announced the effective end of mech packs, didn’t he say something along the lines of “we still have one more special mech release in the works”, or something like that?

No, he said they might at some future point release a special Mech Pack.

In other words: they have no plan to release any more Mech Packs... but in classic PGI style, he didn't want to just come out and bluntly say that.

Long time observers of PGI will recognise this is their standard obfuscation when someone asks for a feature or change they have no intention of delivering. It's the 'string them along, keep giving them hope' approach to customer retention.

#17 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,066 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 19 August 2019 - 07:33 AM

View PostAppogee, on 19 August 2019 - 06:54 AM, said:

No, he said they might at some future point release a special Mech Pack.

In other words: they have no plan to release any more Mech Packs... but in classic PGI style, he didn't want to just come out and bluntly say that.

Long time observers of PGI will recognise this is their standard obfuscation when someone asks for a feature or change they have no intention of delivering. It's the 'string them along, keep giving them hope' approach to customer retention.

In some countries speaking russ-an is entire university class. You either have to have c3po and google working on an wtf did he say translation or be the same level of drunk as russ to know what is going on. In an alternate reality pgi is russ-less and the game is the mwo everyone wanted lasting longer than wow,eve, and lol becoming a new global past time with accounts like Founders handed down to future family members with the log in details kept more secret than the ufo at area 51.

#18 Sigmar Sich

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kyiv

Posted 19 August 2019 - 10:13 AM

Loyalty rewards for this year?

*Glancing through July and August patch notes*

Unlikely.

#19 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 August 2019 - 10:16 AM

they should hand out loyalty stuff for people actually playing MWO after all.
if you did a certain amount of battles get a special mech for example.
thats the only way i can see loyalty working as there are no mechpacks anymore.

#20 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 19 August 2019 - 10:21 AM

If they're smart, they'll do loyalty rewards for something in MW5.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users