Is Pgi Trying To Kill Units To End Game?

Gameplay General Metagame

118 replies to this topic

#41 Feral Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 915 posts

Posted 23 August 2019 - 01:49 AM

View PostPrototelis, on 23 August 2019 - 01:43 AM, said:

Honestly, they should let solos opt into GQ.

This MAY help ease those issues (probably not)

But they should NEVER allow groups in solo. We done tried that. We done tried it with limited group sizes. The result was not fun.

Might be fun for some of us though. In CW we went from generally a few good matches a day against good opponents, to maybe a few decent matches a week, to only getting a challenge if there were like six or less of us.

Why can't I have a wlr over 12 in quick play too?

#42 Prototelis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 23 August 2019 - 03:57 AM

Because **** you, thats why. <3

#43 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,655 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 23 August 2019 - 05:01 AM

View PostPrototelis, on 23 August 2019 - 01:43 AM, said:

Honestly, they should let solos opt into GQ.

This MAY help ease those issues (probably not)

But they should NEVER allow groups in solo. We done tried that. We done tried it with limited group sizes. The result was not fun.

Limit 3 pugs per team in GQ, or else we will almost be back to where we were when there was only one queue with too many unknowns. At least there's now VOIP.

And the previous groups in the mixed drops was not restrictive enough, using of avg Elo instead of highest Elo, NO ingame VOIP with the still crappy chat system, not even a combat wheel. VOIP was the major advantage grouped players had over pugs. And it did take PGI 3 years to get it added. And there were various group sizes, at times where one side might not even had grouped players on one side.

#44 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,871 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 23 August 2019 - 08:39 AM

I think a thread was made a while back where we were talking about allowing Solo droppers to choose to play Solo as well as GQ just like choosing a server. Being able to randomly get into a group is one way for new players to introduce themselves in-game and also bring their friends in. Just merge both of the queues together. It's time already.

#45 CygnusX7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,803 posts
  • LocationA desolate moon circling a desolate planet

Posted 23 August 2019 - 09:08 AM

Vroom Vroom.

#46 Alloh

• PipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 August 2019 - 09:15 AM

View PostGeminiWolf, on 22 August 2019 - 08:11 PM, said:

So let me get this straight, its PGI's fault that players choose not to play Group Play?

No, it's PGI's fault that players who want to Group Play cannot find matches, and that can be easily fixed.

Also it's PGI's fault that UNITs lost the CONTRACTs we could have a few patches ago.

And also PGI's fault that TIER system is no longer efficient, and last change in MatchMaker made things worse, while there are simple solutions.

View PostFeral Clown, on 23 August 2019 - 01:41 AM, said:

Sure....no problem for me most of my friends are in the 98th or above percentile. How's that going to go for you though??? Since our lovely PSR system thinks all tier one's are equal????

That's written there: SORT by recent STATS, instead of long-term TIER. Then split them.
Just check K/D + W/L ratios for the players you know, and it will make sense.
And that's half of proposal... the other is merge solo/group queues.

It just ocurred to me that it would be also usefull to use UNIT's "rank" for groups, instead of individual players.

#47 Ssamout

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • LocationPihalla

Posted 23 August 2019 - 09:35 AM

View PostAlloh, on 23 August 2019 - 09:15 AM, said:

No, it's PGI's fault that players who want to Group Play cannot find matches, and that can be easily fixed.

Also it's PGI's fault that UNITs lost the CONTRACTs we could have a few patches ago.

And also PGI's fault that TIER system is no longer efficient, and last change in MatchMaker made things worse, while there are simple solutions.

You are quite efficiently mixing qp, gq and fw.

Tier based matchmaker works only in qp. That matchmaker hasnt had anything done to it. Working as god wanted.

FW got the new matchmaker, not much of a difference to past. Groups go before pugs. Also what CONTRACTs? You mean loyalty pledge? Just take a knee, I think they perhaps have it working again.. lol.

And if your group is the only one queuing in group queue, you want pgi to summon some potatoes for you or whats the easy fix?

#48 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 23 August 2019 - 09:44 AM

View PostAlloh, on 22 August 2019 - 04:39 AM, said:

So, is PGI trying to KILL UNITS?

PGI is bringing back Loyalism to FP, which means they are bringing hardcore Faction based units back to FP... although at the full expense of "anything goes" softcore units, I guess.

Thing is, although I agree and will personally benefit from bringing back Loyalist units to MWO for roleplay reasons, I believe this move will only make FP become even more hardcore then it already is, in a game that's already plenty hardcore enough, to the point of chasing out too many casual players for it's own good.

So the quality will raise, but the quantity will drop, and that's a bad business model for an MMO.

Just guessing.

#49 GeminiWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 743 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 August 2019 - 12:09 PM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 23 August 2019 - 12:33 AM, said:

Its PGI's fault that 98% of initial player population - hardcore BT/MW fans at that - abandoned the game. So yes, it is their fault.

No, PGI did not ban them, they decided to quit. I didn't quit because I liked how the game was so again not PGI's fault they do not control the players.

#50 GeminiWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 743 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 August 2019 - 12:14 PM

That's written there: SORT by recent STATS, instead of long-term TIER. Then split them.

It just ocurred to me that it would be also usefull to use UNIT's "rank" for groups, instead of individual players.

Actually its not PGI's fault for anything you stated. Group play is dead because most of the players want to play QP, including me. PGI took the contracts because players asked them too, whether you personally agree with that or not again player choice to continue to play or not. Tier system does not have the player population to work, again players choosing to move on from a game that's been around for 5 plus years. PGI has no mind control. Do I agree with stuff PGI has done or does, not specifically, is it enough for me to stop permanently playing, no, but again that's my choice. PGI does not control me, and no I do not want what you want in the game. So is my choice more important than yours or your choices more important than mine, nope.

#51 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 23 August 2019 - 01:31 PM

View PostGeminiWolf, on 23 August 2019 - 12:09 PM, said:

No, PGI did not ban them, they decided to quit. I didn't quit because I liked how the game was so again not PGI's fault they do not control the players.

LOL ... yeah right. PGI sold them one thing, never delivered and then told em to go **** themselves on an IslandTM and then just proceeded with fail after fail and lie after lie for 7 years. Naaah, totally decided to quit themselves, for no apparent reason whatsoever.

Effin snowflakes.

#52 Feral Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 915 posts

Posted 23 August 2019 - 04:55 PM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 23 August 2019 - 05:01 AM, said:

Limit 3 pugs per team in GQ, or else we will almost be back to where we were when there was only one queue with too many unknowns. At least there's now VOIP.

And the previous groups in the mixed drops was not restrictive enough, using of avg Elo instead of highest Elo, NO ingame VOIP with the still crappy chat system, not even a combat wheel. VOIP was the major advantage grouped players had over pugs. And it did take PGI 3 years to get it added. And there were various group sizes, at times where one side might not even had grouped players on one side.

What?

We still have a broken PSR and tier system. So even if limited to three, in a group, one group per side, there's still massive probability that three mans in quick play would be horrible for stomps and many other players experience would be much worse than it is now.

But by all mean try and rally the troups and get PGI to do this, and I'll group up with Ash, McGoat, Reckless, Nightbird, Merciless, Fusion, Hazeclaw or whatever monster in this game I know is available. Then we can start placing bets how long it takes me to get over 12 wlr in that queue....

#53 Feral Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 915 posts

Posted 23 August 2019 - 05:00 PM

Um....

How do you not get that wouldn't work at all? It'd put guys that are new but getting decent results in tier five up against guys doing well in tier one that have been playing forever and some them being some of the best players in the game.

Trust me, you don't want groups in solo queue. It would need to be accompanied by a complete overhaul of current PSR system. Not just people recent record.

#54 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,871 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 23 August 2019 - 06:11 PM

View PostFeral Clown, on 23 August 2019 - 04:55 PM, said:

But by all mean try and rally the troups and get PGI to do this, and I'll group up with Ash, McGoat, Reckless, Nightbird, Merciless, Fusion, Hazeclaw or whatever monster in this game I know is available. Then we can start placing bets how long it takes me to get over 12 wlr in that queue....

Not if I slip something in your Discord drinks and you all end up shooting each other Posted Image

I think what the people like me, who want Solo and GQ to be merged, are trying to say is that, just like how someone can choose to pick a server that they want to play on, let them choose to drop in GQ and SQ. When you group up and start stomping, you'll be stomping some of the solos who decided to drop into both queues. It isn't purely about merging both the buckets straight away but rather, give the option for players instead of just making someone wait for 20 mins to get a game.

So, if there are 12 people making 6-man group each, the MM will pick some solos who chose to drop into GQ as well to fill up the GQ slots and give you games. Then, if there is enough traffic like this, more people will end up making groups and you lot will have new faces to stomp on. Posted Image

#55 Feral Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 915 posts

Posted 23 August 2019 - 06:35 PM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 23 August 2019 - 06:11 PM, said:

Not if I slip something in your Discord drinks and you all end up shooting each other Posted Image

I think what the people like me, who want Solo and GQ to be merged, are trying to say is that, just like how someone can choose to pick a server that they want to play on, let them choose to drop in GQ and SQ. When you group up and start stomping, you'll be stomping some of the solos who decided to drop into both queues. It isn't purely about merging both the buckets straight away but rather, give the option for players instead of just making someone wait for 20 mins to get a game.

So, if there are 12 people making 6-man group each, the MM will pick some solos who chose to drop into GQ as well to fill up the GQ slots and give you games. Then, if there is enough traffic like this, more people will end up making groups and you lot will have new faces to stomp on. Posted Image

Are you asking that solos be able to drop in group queue or are you asking to allow groups into solo queue?

#56 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,871 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 23 August 2019 - 07:13 PM

Allow solos to be able to drop into GQ. Not the other way around.

#57 Feral Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 915 posts

Posted 23 August 2019 - 07:57 PM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 23 August 2019 - 07:13 PM, said:

Allow solos to be able to drop into GQ. Not the other way around.

Yeah I have no problem with that but waaay back PGI's Paul said there was some sort of issue on their end doing it, but then again they've said a lot of things. Sorry I can't find the link to what I am referring to.

#58 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,871 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 23 August 2019 - 08:22 PM

View PostFeral Clown, on 23 August 2019 - 07:57 PM, said:

Yeah I have no problem with that but waaay back PGI's Paul said there was some sort of issue on their end doing it, but then again they've said a lot of things. Sorry I can't find the link to what I am referring to.

That's ok. But yeah, since solos are just looking for a game, let them choose to play solo queue or drop into GQ and see if the MM will hook them up with a group as fillers. Both sides would be happy this way.

#59 Feral Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 915 posts

Posted 23 August 2019 - 08:26 PM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 23 August 2019 - 08:22 PM, said:

That's ok. But yeah, since solos are just looking for a game, let them choose to play solo queue or drop into GQ and see if the MM will hook them up with a group as fillers. Both sides would be happy this way.

CW used to be like this. You form a group of 2-11 and pugs will fill in the difference or a mix of smaller group, pugs whatever. Guess it still sort of is like this but mismatched groups really screw things up... I digress. People have been asking to let solo players drop in group queue for as long as I have been around and PGI has never relented thus far. With this low of a population perhaps now it has a shot.

#60 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,655 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 23 August 2019 - 09:08 PM

View PostFeral Clown, on 23 August 2019 - 04:55 PM, said:

What?

We still have a broken PSR and tier system. So even if limited to three, in a group, one group per side, there's still massive probability that three mans in quick play would be horrible for stomps and many other players experience would be much worse than it is now.

You misunderstand. In Solo queue max duo and only one per side (some other restrictions). In the GQ the max 3 solo pugs simply to ensure that it is not a heavy solo pug team vs an all group team.

And even with duos, it would not be really any different than it is now with the sync dropping, but with a duo attempting to sync drop with other team mates.. duos would not be able to opt out of the group queue, they could only opt-in the normal queue. And my setup they also would not be able to take the same weight class and use the highest Tier (or MS if PGI were to make adjustments to what MM uses to generate groups).

Tis still wishful thinking though with MWO in maintenance mode...

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 23 August 2019 - 09:18 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users