#1 Paul Inouye

Lead Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,815 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 20 September 2019 - 05:00 PM

Hey folks,

The long awaited Loyalist patch is going up next Tuesday.

As you may have seen in the patch notes, the LP gain system is fully in place as well as the CtA system for calling out to people to fill any short sided issues in the FP match maker.

What you may have also noticed is the absence of two things. They fell out of scope in terms of the amount of work required to get the features in properly. These are the leaderboards and the looping rewards for Loyalist Ranks beyond level 20.

The looping reward system had functionality that was far more reaching through the back end than what was expected. It is however being worked on for the October patch as it was part of the initial pitch and will not fall off the radar for MWO development.

The leaderboards were only dropped because of the time pressure for the LP gain system, these too however are being worked on for the October patch.

The engineering team has assured me that it is very reasonable to get these done for the October patch and I will update you all if anything goes awry.

So here's the link to the patch notes where you can see the details of what is going into the upcoming September patch: https://mwomercs.com...42160-24sep2019

Thanks for your patience on this.

-Paul

#2 Sjorpha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,472 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 20 September 2019 - 05:06 PM

Have you seen all the posts about conquest mode beeing overseeded in the game mode distribution? There actually seems to be something wrong with the randomization.

And also pretty much everyone who plays FP wants the ticket count increased to 1750.
Also pretty much everyone is asking for a higher rate of siege matches, and for siege to be in every phase.

I would say these requests are clearly in much higher demand than changes to loyalty systems or leaderboards.

Please adress the actual gameplay first and foremost.

Thanks for still spending some time on Faction Play though.

Edited by Sjorpha, 20 September 2019 - 05:07 PM.

#3 Kuaron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 20 September 2019 - 05:20 PM

Alright, thanks for explaining. Glad you picked loyalist measures as a priority over leaderboard or something.

Are there also any gameplay improvements planned?

#4 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 20 September 2019 - 06:11 PM

No I am only for increasing conquest tickets to 1500.

It's the only game-mode, where you can win, by not only shooting and killing the enemies.
All these people only want shooty, shotty, and killiy, killy. But no objectives.

#5 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,731 posts

Posted 20 September 2019 - 11:28 PM

1500 works. 1750 might also work. but eventually you get to the point where the limit is sufficiently high you can just ignore capping and kill mechs instead, essentially turning the only mode that isnt skirmish into skirmish. with 1250 i find the match comes to a conclusion somewhere around your second or third mech in most games and with plenty of time on the clock. id like to see what 1500 looks like before pushing it further.

#6 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 20 September 2019 - 11:29 PM

Each cap is worth 1 points per second so that's 5 points per second after the first ~3 minutes.

22 minutes at 5 points per second is worth 6600 points.

So you could squeeze over 3000 points in there and still win objective.

#7 Sigmar Sich

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kyiv

Posted 21 September 2019 - 03:19 AM

Paul, thank you for communicating, but please do it more often. This long september silence was very discouraging. Even if you don't have good news, silence is worse.

Please consider the following tasks:

1) Fix Conquest ticket count. It is not fun when FP match ends as fast as QP one.
Domination may require this too, people stepping off the circle to continue fighting. Maybe enlarge the domination circle twice, to allow more maneuvers, and increase the counter like two or three times?

2) Incursion. In or out. But don't ignore it. If you have any resources available, please consider adding protective walls to base objectives, preventing them from being sniped.
Change turrets to quad SSRM6 turrets, maybe add more turrets.or quirk them for rapid fire.
Change the conditions to count total objects destroyed, not their hitpoints.
Or, remove the mode.

3) When you roll out hero ranks for loyalists, please update the normal rank rewards. They were okay in early years, but now, with so much giveaways, they are a joke.
Please consider adding mechs as rewards too. I wrote it all down for you:
https://mwomercs.com...-faction-ranks/
Also do drop deck rewards in there.

4) Thanks for the FP event, but please keep them coming. For new match maker to shine, we need FP population increase.
Also, maybe consider increased rewards for FP games? Some people only play QP because it is more profitable per hour. Bump C-bills and XP to give more profit per hour in FP.
Also, please do Tukayyid. You need to use the nuclear option.
Here's the suggestion:
https://mwomercs.com...ses-and-events/

Posted Image

There is no better time for it than Oktoberfest.

Edited by Sigmar Sich, 21 September 2019 - 03:20 AM.

#8 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,882 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 21 September 2019 - 04:40 AM

Timing is everything. This seems to be a bit (like years) too late.

#9 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,472 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 21 September 2019 - 08:24 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 20 September 2019 - 11:28 PM, said:

1500 works. 1750 might also work. but eventually you get to the point where the limit is sufficiently high you can just ignore capping and kill mechs instead, essentially turning the only mode that isnt skirmish into skirmish. with 1250 i find the match comes to a conclusion somewhere around your second or third mech in most games and with plenty of time on the clock. id like to see what 1500 looks like before pushing it further.

I'm not sure exactly what the correct number is, I agree it shouldn't be so high that conquest games start getting decided by kills. Playing the cap game should still be 100% necessary to win a conquest game, I just want it to get closer to the full 30 min and into the 4th wave of mechs before ending. Maybe 1500 is the right number, maybe 1750, maybe 2000, just start increasing it and monitor the average match length and stop increasing it when the average conquest match is 20+ minutes.

Edited by Sjorpha, 21 September 2019 - 08:26 AM.

#10 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 21 September 2019 - 09:06 PM

Can we be allowed to play siege? .......please?

#11 tacorodwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 200 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationWexford, Ireland

Posted 22 September 2019 - 02:06 AM

Please fix conquest ticket count. also Why is there are 2 game modes available and if conquest is one of them it will be the game you play 85% of the time?

#12 Kuaron

• Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 22 September 2019 - 02:45 PM

I just had my first siege battle since months.
Attack on boreal reach with pugs vs. Clans.
Not.
Fun.

#13 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 01:55 PM

View PostSigmar Sich, on 21 September 2019 - 03:19 AM, said:

1) Fix Conquest ticket count. It is not fun when FP match ends as fast as QP one.
Domination may require this too, people stepping off the circle to continue fighting. Maybe enlarge the domination circle twice, to allow more maneuvers, and increase the counter like two or three times?

2) Incursion. In or out. But don't ignore it. If you have any resources available, please consider adding protective walls to base objectives, preventing them from being sniped.
Change turrets to quad SSRM6 turrets, maybe add more turrets.or quirk them for rapid fire.
Change the conditions to count total objects destroyed, not their hitpoints.
Or, remove the mode.

Remove Incursion ?!

I would rather see Domination getting removed! ;)

#14 Charles Sennet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 387 posts
  • LocationCurrently obscured by ECM

Posted 24 September 2019 - 09:22 AM

View PostRoodkapje, on 23 September 2019 - 01:55 PM, said:

Remove Incursion ?!

I would rather see Domination getting removed! Posted Image

Both need to die for different reasons.

#15 Charles Sennet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 387 posts

Posted 24 September 2019 - 10:32 AM

Thanks for the update Paul. FP is headed to a good place. As others have said, if we could get some attention to the game mode rotation, that's the biggest problem atm. The FP challenges have been great for activity so more of those are welcome.

#16 Paul Inouye

Lead Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,815 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 24 September 2019 - 06:34 PM

Looking into what it will take to get the Conquest win threshold to 1750. Let's aim high and scale back on this one if needed (like to the 1500 suggestion).

Conquest itself is being reduced heavily in game mode rotation effective immediately.

#17 L057FUNC710N

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 95 posts

Posted 24 September 2019 - 11:31 PM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 24 September 2019 - 06:34 PM, said:

Looking into what it will take to get the Conquest win threshold to 1750. Let's aim high and scale back on this one if needed (like to the 1500 suggestion).

Conquest itself is being reduced heavily in game mode rotation effective immediately.

Thank you for your response.

I hope though that you do take into consideration those of us that are still around playing the mode the most are very, very interested in siege being offered a lot more. A good deal of us still here are the old timers of faction play and that is the mode that we enjoy the most.

#18 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,472 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 25 September 2019 - 02:26 AM

That's awesome.

Conquest is not a bad game mode for FP, it's actually quite good. It shouldn't come up less often than other modes, it's just there seems to have been something going on where a game mode in each phase got heavily over seeded, so maybe look into the distribution of game modes generally being equal as it should be?

Also like others I wouldn't mind seige being a bit more common than the other modes. Something like 40% seige and even distribution between the rest.

#19 Pain G0D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • Sho-ko
  • 617 posts

Posted 25 September 2019 - 02:30 AM

Its good see the call to arms banner again .Posted Image

#20 Charles Sennet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 387 posts

Posted 25 September 2019 - 03:32 PM

View PostSjorpha, on 25 September 2019 - 02:26 AM, said:

That's awesome.

Conquest is not a bad game mode for FP, it's actually quite good. It shouldn't come up less often than other modes, it's just there seems to have been something going on where a game mode in each phase got heavily over seeded, so maybe look into the distribution of game modes generally being equal as it should be?

Also like others I wouldn't mind seige being a bit more common than the other modes. Something like 40% seige and even distribution between the rest.

Thank you!!!

Thank you!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users