How Many Of You Remaining Plan To Buy Mw5?

103 replies to this topic

#21 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 02 October 2019 - 03:36 PM

View PostTLBFestus, on 02 October 2019 - 08:54 AM, said:

I don't even come around here much anymore, but I'd just like to acknowledge your signature quote;

"I feel like the only thing we really do, outside of our main feature development, is listen to the community.
-Russ Bullock
March 2, 2018."

Holy poop on a stick.....the guys got balls doesn't he?!!

No, you just missed the punchline:

"outside our main feature development"

They don't listen to the community for their main feature development...to such a degree that there is no main feature development.

#22 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,703 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 02 October 2019 - 04:07 PM

Posted Image

#23 MadcatX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 02 October 2019 - 04:21 PM

View PostY E O N N E, on 02 October 2019 - 03:36 PM, said:

No, you just missed the punchline:

"outside our main feature development"

They don't listen to the community for their main feature development...to such a degree that there is no main feature development.

That's will always be my main grievance regarding MW:O. They did have main features they worked on and loved to tell you what they were working on: "UI overhall!", "Faction Play (on numerous occasions)", "information warfare". It would get released, there would be issues, they'd leave some staff to work on the really big bugs or whatnot but it felt that they would immediately change their focus to another "main feature" instead of focusing on ensuring the feature they had just come out with was in the best shape it could be before moving on to something else.

#24 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 02 October 2019 - 05:15 PM

It's worse than that.

Almost all "feature development" to the actual gameplay of MWO amounted to so many different attempts at re-arranging the same deck of cards. The only new gameplay feature they ever produced that was decent was the Training Academy, and that's not even the core game. The three or four game modes they produced were all universally panned, and mostly used recycled mechanics anyway. All of the Civil War tech is also recycling various mechanics, which is why none of the equipment that would require even marginally more work than copy+pasting an existing item and tweaking its stats were actually included. Solaris was always going to be a horrendous waste of resources because only a fleetingly small portion of the community actually wanted it in the first place. The icing on that sh*t cake is that the various infrastructure mechanics they put in place for Solaris could have been built and extended into the core game years ago and would have done a better job of match-making, building immersion, etc.

But no.

Edited by Y E O N N E, 02 October 2019 - 05:18 PM.

#25 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,783 posts

Posted 02 October 2019 - 06:18 PM

pgi didn't want to develop the game beyond the mechpack racket. any other developments were just a shell game. to provide the illusion of development.

#26 Mister Glitchdragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 431 posts

Posted 02 October 2019 - 06:42 PM

No preorder. Maybe later. I'd really like to see what kind of modding community (if any) crops up and what they come up with.

#27 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 02 October 2019 - 07:09 PM

I pre-ordered it and I didn't go for the refund.

#28 ingramli

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 554 posts

Posted 02 October 2019 - 07:22 PM

Pre-ordered, refunded. May pick that up after one year of epic exclusive period provided that,

1. It is listed in steam/GoG;
2. Reviews suggest that it is an (at least) decent game; AND
3. It is on big discount, i can pick it up for 5 bucks or so.

#29 ShiverMeRivets

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 520 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 12:19 AM

I never preorder anything. If it is good, I will buy it.

Also don’t give a smelly excrement if it is on steam or epic. To tell the truth, I kind if enjoy seeing the people here flipping out because it is epic exclusive. This will not make me buy it, but it’s entertainment in the mean time.

The good thing about MW5 is that it is single player. In my opinion the worst thing about MWO is the community. The amount of salt and bile on this forum and in the game is disgusting. This community has such a bad rep for whining that it kept me from trying this game for years - I didn’t experience it because I was not in the game, but every independent review mentioned it, and a quick browse of the forums gave the same impression.

I don’t need faith in PGI, or ridiculous loyalty to game distribution platform, or righteous rage about the name Epic.
If it is good, I’ll buy.

#30 Znozoic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 133 posts
  • Locationin the *** of the world, literally (argentina)

Posted 03 October 2019 - 03:10 AM

I pre-ordered twice, once from the page, once from epic (it is very cheap in the country where I live)

#31 MadcatX

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 05:18 AM

View PostShiverMeRivets, on 03 October 2019 - 12:19 AM, said:

The good thing about MW5 is that it is single player. In my opinion the worst thing about MWO is the community. The amount of salt and bile on this forum and in the game is disgusting. This community has such a bad rep for whining that it kept me from trying this game for years - I didn’t experience it because I was not in the game, but every independent review mentioned it, and a quick browse of the forums gave the same impression.

Got to admit, when MW:O launched I too would have preferred MW5, MW:O was the first time I played any MW game online. Got some enjoyment out of it nonetheless so can't complain.

I always considered the it's reputation for having an overall toxic community a bit undeserved. The forums could get nasty, no question. Although that's kind of universal of forums of any games that are part of a franchise. Even from the beta days until now there isn't that much toxicity in-game beyond the dead folks telling the alive folks that they're noobs and whatnot. Sometimes you'd have folks go off on a rant on comms. I havn't played enough FP to be able to say how toxic that scene is overall.

#32 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,366 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 08:27 AM

When it comes to Steam/GoG and i like what i watched on Youtube so far...

Edited by Thorqemada, 03 October 2019 - 08:27 AM.

#33 Brenden

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,603 posts
  • LocationIS News Flash Breaking [:::]___[:::] News: at morning /(__)\ a patrol unit has (:)=\_ ¤_/=(:) seen the never /)(\ before witnessed [] . . [] strange designed /¥\ . /¥\ 'Mech

Posted 03 October 2019 - 08:35 AM

I'll wait a week. If after that my friends have declared it something on par with MW2 or MW4, then I'll get it. Otherwise I might wait a while.

#34 Asym

• Nova Captain
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 08:47 AM

View PostJediPanther, on 02 October 2019 - 01:56 PM, said:

Not until its on steam with full steam workshop support or mod support from a community like nexus mods on a sale on steam or though gog games. That is half my required condition to buy the game, the other half is how well the co-op works as I really wanted to get multiple copies of the game for the family. Russ decided otherwise thus far for me about spending my money on mw5 with their bait and switch exclusivity bs.

I might even "acquire" it before the epic exclusivity not spending a single penny to pgi. As far as a paying customer I won't buy from pgi,russ or paul no matter what studio they make or rename in the future. I'll play mwo til the end.

Well said and where I am as well.

I will wait till the reviews come is as well.... Fool me once.....not twice.

#35 Tom Sawyer

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationOn your 6

Posted 03 October 2019 - 10:53 AM

I confess to breaking down and using epic to get my paws on the Untitled Goose Game for myself and daughter. There is just something about being an obnoxious goose with an agenda.

Oh wait, MW5? Not with PGI at the helm.

#36 The Blood God

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 233 posts
  • Locationchester england

Posted 03 October 2019 - 01:36 PM

got ma pre-order just want to play it so bored of waiting

#37 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 12:39 AM

I've never had intrest in MW5. Yeah long time ago I enjoyed MW4 and MW3 and maybe I've played MW2(hard to remember).But nowadays I don't intrest that much of singleplayer games. Some yes.

There's just so much of games. Constantly games coming out, nonstop. Big titles, well made.(well, many other types too :) ) I find it difficult to be intrested in them. Like Borderlands 3, or Outerworlds. Im sure they are intresting games I might like, but just don't feel like trying.

#38 Honeybadgers

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 76 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 01:01 AM

Honestly, yes. I am. I didn't cancel my ultimate preorder, because I view PGI as an indie developer who isn't just using the big daddy epic bucks to pad Russ's pockets, but rather guarantee the game will be a financial success, keep the lights on and food on the table of the employees. Epic is pretty awful, but I only blame major devs like gearbox who take the deals just to pad their bottom line.

People canceling are just, in my eyes, jumping blindly on the hate bandwagon.

Am I thrilled to be forced to use the epic launcher? No.

But I honestly don't hate PGI like so many of this game's absolutely poisonous fanbase seem to, and I want to support them, I've got nearly 10,000 hours into this game according to steam (shut up I don't have a problem) and I spend money on it because I'm having fun, I don't feel pressured to do so, I skip mech packs I don't want right away but still would be considered a "whale." I dont' love the price the mech packs were, but if that's what they had to charge to keep things afloat, I was willing to suffer it to support the game.

However, I do hope that when the EPIC deal ends and PGI can put MW5 on steam, they offer the same collector edition with all the in-game perks, because I'll happily buy it again just to have it on the better platform.

#39 Pain G0D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • Sho-ko
  • 617 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 06:10 AM

I kept my preorder . Technically i just did it for all the MWO bonus goodies so i already got what i wanted and i did not feel betrayed to demand any refund .

I dont mind waiting extra months if it means they are working out all glitches and improving the game .

I been playing Fortnite since October last year so i already have an epic games launcher .

Edited by Pain G0D, 04 October 2019 - 06:49 AM.

#40 process

• Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 07:26 AM

I pre-ordered when it was first announced and cancelled when the Epic deal was revealed. I fully anticipate that I'll re-order it when it's on Steam, provided it doesn't turn out to be hot garbage.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users