fp dead? random pug ololo?

#43 CHAOS Ward

• PipPip
  • The Deputy
  • The Deputy
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 October 2019 - 06:51 AM

View PostAppogee, on 05 October 2019 - 05:33 AM, said:

But sadly, once again, the FP Conflict has failed to commence at the time the event started Posted Image

3rd time this has happened in recent months.

View PostMatt Newman, on 04 October 2019 - 11:14 AM, said:

OK I updated the Start time of the Challenges to today 5 PM PDT (00:00 UTC)

The Faction play conflicts start and end times will remain the same

#44 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 05 October 2019 - 08:38 AM

View PostCHAOS Ward, on 05 October 2019 - 06:51 AM, said:

(quote from Matt that we already saw and read)

That's not the issue. There is literally no FP conflict running at the moment, and there hasn't been for more than 3 hours.

#45 Bravado

• PipPipPip
  • Colonel
  • Colonel
  • 56 posts

Posted 05 October 2019 - 09:21 AM

View PostAppogee, on 05 October 2019 - 08:38 AM, said:

That's not the issue. There is literally no FP conflict running at the moment, and there hasn't been for more than 3 hours.

PEACE! FINALLY WE HAVE PEACE!!! Who has the Booze?

#46 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 05 October 2019 - 10:45 AM

PGI logic: You can use the mechs in FP, therefore it´s a FP event. Posted Image
Doing the event in FP would at least double the time to complete it. Posted Image
Why do i even bother stating the obvious? Posted Image

#47 Heavy Metal Machine

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 October 2019 - 10:48 AM

This is most enjoyable event I've ever played Posted Image

Edited by Heavy Metal Machine, 05 October 2019 - 11:23 PM.

#48 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 05 October 2019 - 11:53 AM

First account finished, had to use 14 of the trial mechs, and all done in quick play.

#49 Rebel Ace Fryslan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 439 posts
  • LocationAd Astra

Posted 05 October 2019 - 01:14 PM

SO much POTATO, Games suck with these events.

#50 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 05 October 2019 - 01:35 PM

View PostBravado, on 05 October 2019 - 09:21 AM, said:

PEACE! FINALLY WE HAVE PEACE!!! Who has the Booze?

Cheers! buddy :D

Posted Image

#51 crazytimes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 05 October 2019 - 02:04 PM

Now I am not an expert on faction play... but how optimal for a team is it if half your team has dropped with 4 trial mechs?

I did it in QP with the mechs I had, about half of them. No interest in FP, especially with trial mechs thanks.

#52 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 05 October 2019 - 02:15 PM

4 hours and i´m done with 50% of the event (clan mechs) in QP. Now you show me how you do that in FP. Posted Image

#53 Appogee

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts

Posted 05 October 2019 - 04:52 PM

View Postcrazytimes, on 05 October 2019 - 02:04 PM, said:

Now I am not an expert on faction play... but how optimal for a team is it if half your team has dropped with 4 trial mechs?

Not at all. Just as it's not optimal for a QP team to have people in Trial Mechs.

In any case, most of us who play FP regularly own all the required Mechs.

Edited by Appogee, 05 October 2019 - 05:11 PM.

#54 Appogee

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts

Posted 05 October 2019 - 05:14 PM

View PostWishmast3r, on 05 October 2019 - 02:15 PM, said:

4 hours and i´m done with 50% of the event (clan mechs) in QP. Now you show me how you do that in FP. Posted Image

Hold my beer ;)

In QP you can progress a single Mech per average 7 minute match. In FP I can progress 4 Mechs in parallel per average 20 minute match. And I can even progress the same Mech twice in a match, if I want or need to.

But It depends on the queues of course. If it's a quiet period in FP then the wait time for a match will tip the balance the other way.

But anyway, let's all do it whichever way we each prefer. Personally, I will continue to avoid the Potato Nascar of QP whenever possible ;)

Edit: For info, completed all the Clan Challeges in 6 matches.

Edited by Appogee, 05 October 2019 - 08:55 PM.

#55 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 05 October 2019 - 07:22 PM

Depends on how good a player you are to start with and the map you end up using for a FW game. If you're a competent player and it ends up being siege defense on boreal or emerald for example, then a clan trial deck is going to be better due to the lack of medium to long range builds available for the Inner Sphere side. The clans have six of their eight trial mech options being optimal out to at least 540 meters. The IS side has only 1 mech to respond at that range. If its a domination HPG then the IS, then it ends up playing out like any QP game would there except for respawns, and the seven of eight IS trial mechs being short range brawlers works to the advantage.

Of course if you're the sort of player that is crap regardless of what mech you are in, and even resort to trying to P2W with Hero mechs while you're also still a total **** with dismal stats for thousands of matches... then its not actually going to be any worse or better to be in trial mechs. You're still going to be a player who has to be carried by the team, except now they have to carry you four times in 20 mins instead of hopefully just once. So if you're that sort of player... stick to quick play please.

Of course there's also been a long standing bug in FW matches where simply "spotting" a target gets you a kill assist... so you can easily achieve all your assists for each mech in one match, irregardless of whether or not you ever fire your weapons and manage the 500 damage and 5 kill/kmdd's.

Edited by Dee Eight, 05 October 2019 - 09:27 PM.

#56 Renzor the Red

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 325 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSol 3

Posted 07 October 2019 - 11:36 AM

That was fun. I'm mostly done. The only mech I haven't done is the Raven. I don't have one. I might try doing the trial mech, haha.

The rewards were great. So many c-bills. I actually bought my first Zeus for the IS side with part of my Clan side winnings. GSP and MC and cockpit items were also great rewards altogether, especially the warhorns.

One cool thing about this event was that it forced me to get more familiar with certain mechs. The Mist Lynx and Orion IIC slowed me down a lot, I had a reason to rock it with that trial HGN-IIC-C again (that thing is awesome--going to buy one when assaults go on sale again) and I'd never played a Zeus or a Griffin before. Good stuff.

Thanks, PGI. Looking forward to the next one.

#57 it comes with a cup holder

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 October 2019 - 01:07 PM

it would make sense to put the mechs required to complete the challenge on sale PGI...

#58 LTC Kilgore

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 07 October 2019 - 02:00 PM

"Failed Diplomacy"

Was this event named for Russ' AMA's and any other time he tried to address the playerbase?

#59 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 07 October 2019 - 11:15 PM

Second account I needed to buy four chassis (but with a dozen empty bays and 145 million cbills that wasn't in any way a problem) in order to avoid repeating time on trial builds I didn't like the first time. Now onto the third account (which is this one) which I lack two chassis on. Might take the hero for one of them as one of my already qualified for loyalty rewards. Debating on the other, whether to buy one or sKip the category.

Edited by Dee Eight, 07 October 2019 - 11:32 PM.

#60 CycKath

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,574 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 07 October 2019 - 11:59 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 05 October 2019 - 07:22 PM, said:

Of course if you're the sort of player that is crap regardless of what mech you are in, and even resort to trying to P2W with Hero mechs while you're also still a total **** with dismal stats for thousands of matches... then its not actually going to be any worse or better to be in trial mechs. You're still going to be a player who has to be carried by the team, except now they have to carry you four times in 20 mins instead of hopefully just once. So if you're that sort of player... stick to quick play please.

Hey! But yeah, there is a reason I skip FP, along with the wait driving me mental as a non-comms solo pugger...

Anyway, finished yesterday morning via QP with 4 days plus to spare.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users