Dont waste your time arguing him.. hes the master he knows everything lol

#22 Curccu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,615 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 06:13 AM

View PostEatit, on 24 October 2019 - 05:12 AM, said:

I'm not sure why you would defend someone who called that largest majority of players in this game "absolute trash". I don't think that is defensible.

"absolute trash (at playing the game)" is what he said and that is just the truth.
Yes some people who think they are good players tend get butthurt when they are told that they suck at this game.

#23 KhanBhacKeD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 280 posts
  • LocationDans les branches du skill tree

Posted 24 October 2019 - 06:23 AM

View PostEatit, on 24 October 2019 - 05:48 AM, said:

How many new players were allowed to join any of those Elitist units you mentioned?

No newcomer were allowed to join the units i mentionned but they were always welcome to drop with them when possible and learn. That’s how I get where I am now.

#24 Eatit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 286 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 06:23 AM

View PostCurccu, on 24 October 2019 - 06:13 AM, said:

"absolute trash (at playing the game)" is what he said and that is just the truth.
Yes some people who think they are good players tend get butthurt when they are told that they suck at this game.

If you consider that helping others to learn how to play a game "absolute trash" then you are no better. There is more to playing a game than getting the high score. The most important part of playing a game is having fun.

Being at the top of the game doesn't give you the right to call the rest of the players "absolute trash". This should be redacted by the mods and he should be punished for it.

You agree with him? You think most of the players are trash? You think that what the majority contributed to this game was garbage? If those are the values you stand behind you should be ashamed.

#25 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 24 October 2019 - 06:30 AM

View PostEatit, on 24 October 2019 - 06:23 AM, said:

If you consider that helping others to learn how to play a game "absolute trash" then you are no better. There is more to playing a game than getting the high score. The most important part of playing a game is having fun.

Being at the top of the game doesn't give you the right to call the rest of the players "absolute trash". This should be redacted by the mods and he should be punished for it.

You agree with him? You think most of the players are trash? You think that what the majority contributed to this game was garbage? If those are the values you stand behind you should be ashamed.

Yeah, the majority of the players that play/played this game is absolute trash at playing it. BTW, I was in a big unit back in those days, and yeah, it was trash. The best units for training players were the smaller competent ones, ranging in the 30-50ish active player range. Units like NS, ISEN, they had enough players at a certain skill level that can at least teach and pass on good knowledge. Just because those other massive units took in anyone and everyone, did not mean they could teach them properly.

You ended up seeing that as time went on, and smaller groups of players would break off from these massive units because the big units were trash.

Edited by Vxheous, 24 October 2019 - 07:01 PM.

#26 Eatit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 286 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 06:39 AM

Your lack of shame and open disdain for others expose you for the quality of your character.

#27 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 24 October 2019 - 06:41 AM

View PostEatit, on 24 October 2019 - 06:39 AM, said:

Your lack of shame and open disdain for others expose you for the quality of your character.

LOL, like I give a f**k what you think of me

#28 Eatit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 286 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 06:50 AM

You could have corrected what you said. You could have said that you thought the contribution of the majority was worthwhile. You could have just said you didn't mean to call all those 1000s of people trash. You could have. But you didn't. You confirmed your statement instead.

Speaks volumes to the quality of your character.

#29 Eatit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 286 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 06:57 AM

Which of these sounds better to you?

I'm at the top of this game filled with trash players.

I'm at the top of this game filled with dedicated, skilled players.

Diminishing others does not improve your standing.

#30 Red Potato Standing By

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 144 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 07:27 AM

I think you are reading too much into this, he is saying the majority of people’s ability to play this game is trash( at least compared to his level of ability) not that the players themselves are trash. There is nothing wrong with not sugarcoating things.

#31 thievingmagpi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 07:33 AM

View PostEatit, on 24 October 2019 - 04:46 AM, said:

You're suggesting that I was wrong in my statement that E-Sports is one of the factors that killed this game? I think that is a true statement.

Please provide a quote of what I said that could be considered throwing dirt on anyone other than Vxheous.

What in his post had anything to do with the original topic "The Death of Units" that would make his post logical as you suggest.

Nothing about MWO is e-sports. Some wishful statements and a half assed attempt at an arena by the devs don't make it so.

Facilitating a competitive side didn't "kill MWO". Comp existed despite everything the devs (and to some extent, portions of the community) did trying to bury it. Comp exists now as a player run entity. The existence of good players didn't kill MWO. Good players stuck around despite concerted attempt to drive them away.

Having another layer of play really had nothing to do with the mass exodus of players. If anything it extended the lifespan of the product. Giving players somewhere they could compete in something resembling a leaderboard ranking really doesn't affect those who don't. It also gives players something to strive for. Casual players can very easily turn into comp players, regardless of their actual skill. Even intramural sports have rankings and competitions. The existence of those events don't turn people off from just going out and tossing a ball around.

Generally I also don't understand any of your points. Comp =/= group queue or FP. Why do you keep griping about "comp players" when your main problem is the disappearance of large units in Group Queue?

(Join ISMO)

Edited by thievingmagpi, 24 October 2019 - 07:46 AM.

#32 Eatit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 286 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 07:35 AM

View Postthievingmagpi, on 24 October 2019 - 07:33 AM, said:

Nothing about MWO is e-sports. Some wishful statements and a half assed attempt at an arena by the devs don't make it so.

Facilitating a competitive side didn't "kill MWO". Comp existed despite everything the devs (and to some extent, portions of the community) did trying to bury it. Comp exists now as a player run entity. The existence of good players didn't kill MWO. Good players stuck around despite concerted attempt to drive them away.

Having another layer of play really had nothing to do with the mass exodus of players. If anything it extended the lifespan of the product. Giving players somewhere they could compete in something resembling a leaderboard ranking really doesn't affect those who don't. It also gives players something to strive for. Casual players can very easily turn into comp players, regardless of their actual skill. Even intramural sports have rankings and competitions. The existence of those events don't turn people off from just going out and tossing a ball around.

Generally I also don't understand any of your points. Comp =/= group queue or FP. Why do you keep griping about "comp players" when your main problem is the disappearance of large units in Group Queue?

(join ISMO)

Please quote the one time I used comp. I didn't you are trying to distract from the Heinous behavior of what I assume is your buddy.

You also want to go on record saying you agree that the majority of players are "absolute trash"?

#33 Ssamout

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • LocationPihalla

Posted 24 October 2019 - 07:38 AM

View PostEatit, on 24 October 2019 - 06:50 AM, said:

You confirmed your statement instead.

Cos he is right. Nothing more to it. Trash is trash and its ok to suck.
It would be a lie to claim that this game if full of dedicated, skilled players.

Death of mwo and units began before the release of CW, during that 90 days when people started to get fed up with the bullshittt coming from pgi-igp.
So many bad features and broken promises patch after patch.. All the long toms, skill trees and engine desyncs etc were just nails to the coffin.

At the time of fap phase 3-4 most of the skilled and dedicated players had left the game or just played comp. There are some good players logging on still now and then, but the vigour has gone long time ago.

There was a time when even dropping in qp would give you at least a lance of killers on both sides. When the tier system came there was like 2-4 months of really good qp matches. Random divA&B comp players tossed to both sides and good calls all around.. Then its been diluting for years and years to the pile manure it is today.

Had a quite good qp the otherday though, did at least 3½ laps in canyon. Noob numbers I'm sure but still made my head spin!

Edited by Ssamout, 24 October 2019 - 07:38 AM.

#34 Eatit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 286 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 07:42 AM

View PostSsamout, on 24 October 2019 - 07:38 AM, said:

Cos he is right. Nothing more to it. Trash is trash and its ok to suck.
It would be a lie to claim that this game if full of dedicated, skilled players.

Death of mwo and units began before the release of CW, during that 90 days when people started to get fed up with the bullshittt coming from pgi-igp.
So many bad features and broken promises patch after patch.. All the long toms, skill trees and engine desyncs etc were just nails to the coffin.

At the time of fap phase 3-4 most of the skilled and dedicated players had left the game or just played comp. There are some good players logging on still now and then, but the vigour has gone long time ago.

There was a time when even dropping in qp would give you at least a lance of killers on both sides. When the tier system came there was like 2-4 months of really good qp matches. Random divA&B comp players tossed to both sides and good calls all around.. Then its been diluting for years and years to the pile manure it is today.

Had a quite good qp the otherday though, did at least 3½ laps in canyon. Noob numbers I'm sure but still made my head spin!

More friends trying to distract from the bad behavior of their buddy. I haven't used the word comp in any of my statements other than to say I haven't used it.

You also want to go on record saying that the majority of players are "absolute trash" the same as Vxheous has stated?

#35 thievingmagpi

• 1,577 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 07:45 AM

View PostEatit, on 24 October 2019 - 07:35 AM, said:

Please quote the one time I used comp. I didn't you are trying to distract from the Heinous behavior of what I assume is your buddy.

So then you just seem incapable of making a cogent thesis. You don't seem to have much of a point beyond:

1) getting mad you get farmed by better players

2) being mad that there is no group queue left

And you've made the rather poor conclusion that the existence of skilled players "killed the game".

View PostEatit, on 24 October 2019 - 07:35 AM, said:

You also want to go on record saying you agree that the majority of players are "absolute trash"?

Yes.

Me and my extremely average skillset and my extremely average unit (RIP Jive) sort of got tired of rolling units drop after drop.

And what happened when we'd run into the Tier Up/Reckless night crew and get wiped? Back to private matches to practice skills or scrim with other units to try to git gud (never got gud tho LUL)

Whatever in the world you are griping about is just that, empty griping. The crazy thing that you refuse to realize is that all those players left, even the ones you see as mean tryhard boogeymen actually agree with your overall conclusion- that the mass player exodus was really, really ******. There were some phenomenally fun times in the "good ol' days".

But the "tryhards" aren't to blame. That's laughable.

#36 Ssamout

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • LocationPihalla

Posted 24 October 2019 - 07:47 AM

View PostEatit, on 24 October 2019 - 07:42 AM, said:

More friends trying to distract from the bad behavior of their buddy. I haven't used the word comp in any of my statements other than to say I haven't used it.

You also want to go on record saying that the majority of players are "absolute trash" the same as Vxheous has stated?

I dont know Vxheous and only time we have been on the same side in a match is some FP/CW games in years past, so I dont know where you pulled that buddy out of.

And majority of players that are playing this game are absolute trash in it.

#37 Eatit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 286 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 07:48 AM

None of you have disputed a single word I have said. It is obvious that Vxheous' statement is indefensible. There is no way to make him look better. People will read what he and I have written and decide for themselves.

Quality of character doesn't mean much in the virtual world. I'm sure his quality extends to the real world and has an impact on his daily life. Whether he understands that or not. People will be judging him on that character. His success in life will be changed by the quality of his character, for good or bad.

Let's not lead him down the path of bad. Let's try to help boy out. Give him good advice and not make excuses for him.

#38 thievingmagpi

• 1,577 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 07:50 AM

Posted Image

#39 Ssamout

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • LocationPihalla

Posted 24 October 2019 - 07:52 AM

View PostEatit, on 24 October 2019 - 07:48 AM, said:

None of you have disputed a single word I have said.

Cos u sound dumb as a door nail if you dont understand how low is the skill that an average mwo player exhibits in mwo.

#40 Eatit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 286 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 07:54 AM

View PostSsamout, on 24 October 2019 - 07:52 AM, said:

Cos u sound dumb as a door nail if you dont understand how low is the skill that an average mwo player exhibits in mwo.

The grammar/spelling in this sentence is what? It's ironic.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users