64 replies to this topic

#61 InfinityBall

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 405 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 05:52 PM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 24 October 2019 - 01:54 AM, said:

But thats just natural. Obviously there are less top-tier pilots than an average skilled ones, so obviously top comp units are gonna have less people. Plus, since comp scene was never more than 12v12 there was never any point to have more than 15-30 people on your top tier unit roster. Game needs both types tho, because bigger units were where newer players learned basic teamplay. Its where people for your top tier units came from.

Just like there hundreds of times as many players on high school basketball teams than NBA teams, right?

Wait, no, there are just many more of them, and the team sizes are similar

#62 Curccu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,615 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 11:48 PM

View PostEatit, on 24 October 2019 - 06:57 AM, said:

Which of these sounds better to you?

I'm at the top of this game filled with trash players.

I'm at the top of this game filled with dedicated, skilled players.

2nd one sounds better ofc but that isn't the truth.
I'm well aware that I'm pretty good at game that most of it's players are not.
And that is the reason I have enjoyed player run competitive leagues of the game where I can find more good players to play with and play against them instead of just stomping potatoes.
The best games I have ever played in this game have been against equally good or better players... like SJR, Lords, BSMC, EON and so on...

View PostEatit, on 24 October 2019 - 07:48 AM, said:

None of you have disputed a single word I have said. It is obvious that Vxheous' statement is indefensible. There is no way to make him look better. People will read what he and I have written and decide for themselves.

Let's not lead him down the path of bad. Let's try to help boy out. Give him good advice and not make excuses for him.

Why would we dispute truth? Defend what? It's just truth and as we can see truth hurts sometimes...if you read this thread you can see that most of the players agree more with with him than you.
And don't know him, he is US player I'm EU player so not many encounters between us.

View PostInatu Elimor, on 24 October 2019 - 11:08 AM, said:

Once proud member of the NS. What broke up the unit was not PGI but competitive members. Sad.

But that is how it works not matter which game... Better, winning hungry players get annoyed within huge bloated units because most of the players in those units are not as good at playing as they are and/or do not even care to be.
And in longer run that is just better:
"Casuals" will get annoyed because "tryhards" are trying to force them to play better, and they don't want to.
"Tryhards" will get annoyed because "casuals" are... well casuals and do not want to evolve their playing skills.

#63 Asym

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 25 October 2019 - 03:30 PM

What killed the game was PGI's attempt to make it a simpler arcade shooter when their original efforts for Faction Play and large teams started to fail....

The Skill Tree Change and the nerf's that followed over the following 8 months killed the game. Entire units were leaving FP because it ceased to be "any fun"....

So, PGI in it's infinite wisdom tried to sell the concept of Individual Superiority (Solaris) and wasted even more money because most players wanted teams !!!!

What killed the game was a lack of vision and most importantly, resolve to achieve the game's original intent: conflict between opposing ideologies across the mapped Universe: on planet at a time.....

Good grief.

#64 Burning2nd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 984 posts

Posted 26 October 2019 - 08:12 AM

lol,, Ive seen this story before

#65 technopredator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 09 March 2020 - 01:51 PM

View PostAsym, on 25 October 2019 - 03:30 PM, said:

What killed the game was PGI's attempt to make it a simpler arcade shooter when their original efforts for Faction Play and large teams started to fail....

The Skill Tree Change and the nerf's that followed over the following 8 months killed the game. Entire units were leaving FP because it ceased to be "any fun"....

So, PGI in it's infinite wisdom tried to sell the concept of Individual Superiority (Solaris) and wasted even more money because most players wanted teams !!!!

What killed the game was a lack of vision and most importantly, resolve to achieve the game's original intent: conflict between opposing ideologies across the mapped Universe: on planet at a time.....

Good grief.

Exactly my sentiments; I don't know who are the morons designing the game, but pretty much they suck at it and probably don't even play it, if they do, they have a very simplistic way of playing an online game, like it was offline; point is: they don't have a clue about:
1) what an online game is
2) what an online community wants
3) what the previous 2 become over time
4) and what this gae should be

They wanted to recreate the game Exactly, at least in the Events of the Offline storyline, but they failed, as circumstances are not even close the same.

IMO Best bet would have been make CW/Faction War, to be on Hexes like in Planetside 2, make each planet a big mesh of maps, where 12vs12 from each faction will deploy and if the match is won, the Hex is taken, and so a more logical war than the very confusing GUI of the current CW, that for me is still impossible to understand fully.

Too bad this game designers are focused in the least effort for the most profit, not in the game developing in a fair, sustainable and fun game-play. I'll never play Solaris 7, what a moronic idea, more individualism for the decaying player base, boring, simplistic and meaningless, a fail attempt at resurrecting this game.

PGI went exactly the other way others and I suggested so many time on the forums, among them changing to Unreal Game Engine, lighter, faster, efficient, but I digress; they went the other way and this is the result: selfish oriented horrible MWO, instead of Community fun MWO, I came back to see if predictions were as expected and they were, unfortunately.

Well I guess I'll play until PGI announces unsustainability and finally this online game closing for good. Enjoy it while it lasts, because it won't last long apparently.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users