23 replies to this topic

#1 Reza Malin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 617 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 29 November 2019 - 04:22 PM

Haven't played for a while, wondering if its worth reinstalling? Is the game still alive?

Noticed devs haven't posted **** for ages.

#2 Ilfi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 29 November 2019 - 04:34 PM

Essentially on maintenance mode until further notice.

#3 Prototelis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 29 November 2019 - 04:34 PM

Up for the time being; all hands on deck for MW5.

This game probably won't stick around if the other one doesn't sell.

#4 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,066 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 29 November 2019 - 04:44 PM

Technically still alive as you can still log in and play the game. Not that you'd have much reason incentive to do so.

#5 ShiverMeRivets

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 520 posts

Posted 30 November 2019 - 10:04 PM

The game is alive and is probably as good as it ever was. Population is lower so matches often mix players from a wider spread of tiers, and group queue is mostly empty during off hours.

The main problem is old players that don’t play anymore yet keep posting salt on this forum and tell everyone else how much this or that sucks. The game is still free to play and quick to install - just try it again and see how you like it. Uninstalling is also a quick operation if you don’t like what you see.

We’ll probably get some news about MWO’s future after MW5 releases.

#6 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 30 November 2019 - 10:16 PM

View PostShiverMeRivets, on 30 November 2019 - 10:04 PM, said:

The game is alive and is probably as good as it ever was. Population is lower so matches often mix players from a wider spread of tiers,

UHG. No. There is a TWO TIER DIFFERENTIAL.

Matches are bad because PSR is ******** and lets anyone float up.

#7 Stormpaw

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 66 posts

Posted 30 November 2019 - 11:13 PM

quick play is terrible, group que is dead, faction play is very playable (though best enjoyed with at least 2)

#8 CFC Conky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,738 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 01 December 2019 - 08:35 AM

The game is alive and is probably as good as it ever was. Population is lower so matches often mix players from a wider spread of tiers, and group queue is mostly empty during off hours.

The main problem is old players that don’t play anymore yet keep posting salt on this forum and tell everyone else how much this or that sucks. The game is still free to play and quick to install - just try it again and see how you like it. Uninstalling is also a quick operation if you don’t like what you see.

We’ll probably get some news about MWO’s future after MW5 releases.

^
This.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

#9 Lucky Strongarm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 112 posts
  • LocationOrlando, FL

Posted 01 December 2019 - 12:32 PM

I just reinstalled the client after being away for several years. This game is still a lot of fun and competitive. There are new armaments and features that were not in the game when I last stopped, and I'm having to learn all of that. All in all, it's as fun as it was when it launched, in my opinion.

#10 Quandoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 220 posts

Posted 01 December 2019 - 01:58 PM

The problem with MWO is, it's old. I expected MW5 Mulitplayer to be the new MWO.
But nooo... Posted Image

And MWO is a huge pay2win game. After 1200hours I know which the best mechs are :>

Edited by Quandoo, 01 December 2019 - 02:00 PM.

#11 Whiskiz

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 30 posts
  • LocationSTRAYA

Posted 01 December 2019 - 08:25 PM

Are you still heavily penalized for engaging with the multiplayer in this multiplayer game? Through massive weight penalties when going to play with your friends and clan?

I keep looking to come back and then remember why i left last time - when i was only able to play Lights and Mediums in clan groups and anything other than PUGS - not having access to half the mechs and weight classes because everyone needs to be so heavily penalized because you must be pros with competition level communication and coordination if you're grouping up.

No really, is it still like that from like 3 years ago? have the weight penalties changed semi recently at all, for better or worse?

Or should i just go play LoL or anything else more multiplayer friendly when i've had enough of the PUG life.

Edited by Whiskiz, 01 December 2019 - 08:46 PM.

#12 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 01 December 2019 - 08:47 PM

I assume most of the above types fit visiting here to whine in between facebook stalking their exes.

#13 ShiverMeRivets

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 520 posts

Posted 02 December 2019 - 12:33 AM

View PostQuandoo, on 01 December 2019 - 01:58 PM, said:

And MWO is a huge pay2win game. After 1200hours I know which the best mechs are :>

What? Absolutely NO.
Please don’t post BS, potential new players are reading this **** and believe it.

This is one of the least pay2win games I ever played. There are plenty of ‘meta’ mechs available for in-game CBills.
The Hero mechs are marginally better if at all. And if you strongly believe that the reason you are getting stumped upon is that you must have some hero mech, PGI are spreading so many MC rewards in in-game events that I think something is wrong with them - you can buy an expensive hero like Slepnier or Deathstrike after only a couple of such events from the rewards alone. There are youtubers that ran a F2P account and ended up with multiple hero mechs after a year.

Having said that - pay something if you do like the game. This is how this brand of economy works - show your appreciation by buying something occasionally. The cheapest is a 6$ MC that you can buy sometimes and this, beyond keeping the game alive and being developed, will also get you the mech bays or heros you “need”.

#14 Burning2nd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 984 posts

Posted 02 December 2019 - 12:49 AM

games still active.. all the regulars still play...

all the weirdos left though lol

#15 Unleashed3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 525 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 December 2019 - 12:50 AM

The problem with MWO is, it's old. I expected MW5 Mulitplayer to be the new MWO.
But nooo... Posted Image

Wow... just wow, MW:O is P2W?!?

You seriously have no clue, I guess you are just not smart enough to play with cbill-variants...

1200hrs and haven't learned a bit, that doesnt show much brain at all.... *facepalm*

IF you claim such BS, how about you bring some examples? Posted Image

And if you expected MW5 to be the next MP-MW, 1kg **** is smarter, it was NEVER advertised as new multiplayer game… better call a doctor and let him check if you have serious problems… Posted Image

Edited by Unleashed3k, 02 December 2019 - 12:53 AM.

#16 Gagis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 02 December 2019 - 12:52 AM

Sarcasm is hard?

#17 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 02 December 2019 - 02:41 AM

On the off chance that this wasn't sarcasm, you are wrong. MWO is on of the very few online games with little to no pay2win at all.
Also, 1200 hour? You filthy casual.

#18 Papaspud

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 636 posts
  • LocationIdaho, USA

Posted 02 December 2019 - 03:31 AM

But nooo... Posted Image

you have no idea what you are talking about- are you still tier 5?
.... I've never seen you.

#19 Ilfi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 02 December 2019 - 03:41 AM

MWO's biggest problem is that 80% of Mechs are utter trash, and the weapon selection, while more balanced, leaves plenty of room for mistakes. A newbie is never going to figure out what's good without blowing several dozen million C-Bills on notorious shitmechs.

If you know what you're doing already, then sure you can pop into a brand new account and acquire a meta Mech with just the cadet bonus, but by then it's kind of pointless isn't it?

#20 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 02 December 2019 - 03:57 AM

View PostUnleashed3k, on 02 December 2019 - 12:50 AM, said:

Wow... just wow, MW:O is P2W?!?

You seriously have no clue, I guess you are just not smart enough to play with cbill-variants...

1200hrs and haven't learned a bit, that doesnt show much brain at all.... *facepalm*

So my newest smurf account... in three months its up to 9 mechs, two of which are hero / {S) mechs, i have 3 extra free mech bays, own a couple premium colors, about 1600MC, and a surplus of cockpit items... oh and about 40million cbills banked so far. I've spent ZERO real dollars on it. Its all just event prizes and just normal game play payouts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users