122 replies to this topic

#41 Sardauker Legion

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 152 posts
  • LocationDropship Litany of Fury, Draconis Combinate, covert ops

Posted 11 December 2019 - 07:37 AM

Played it for 2 and a half hour before my first campain problem - frozen screen during my first assassination mission.

Considering that it can be played in coop:
- why no ingame VOIP?
- why no target designation? Lot of turrets, tanks, choppers, how am i supposed to give targets to other players?
- no UAV?
- no screenshots? (I cannot believe it! No screenshots!)
- Starmap: is it limited to the Davion-Cappella part or how can i go to the Kurita-Steiner part?
- considering that this is the MWO page: will we have a forum on the MW5 page?

#42 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 07:44 AM

for screenshots, see https://static.mw5me...ra_Controls.pdf
for VoIP, they went for discord and set up distinct 4-man chatrooms there
for starmap, fly

#43 madbw

Rookie

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 08:15 AM

Seems that all salvage ( or at least mechs) are lost on loading of auto save for mission complete. Lost salvaged mech several times due to loading of autosave.

#44 Cypherdrene

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 96 posts
  • LocationCabo

Posted 11 December 2019 - 09:41 AM

I think I understand what PGI was aiming for, this is a modders game (when mod-able), that way PGI doesn't have to work on up to date textures or decent UI/mech customization or a less cringy campaign story!; totally makes sense now.

Smart move PGI, you're learning from EA.

Edited by Cypherdrene, 11 December 2019 - 09:41 AM.

#45 overheal

• PipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • 52 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 10:13 AM

View PostEd Steele, on 10 December 2019 - 10:15 PM, said:

They say that Titanfall II is a better MECH game, so right there the author proves that they have no idea what a good MECH game is. I understand that it is the writer's opinion, so they are entitled to not be exited about the game though. I have not been able to play it yet, but it looks to me like it is going to be a FPS version of HBS BATTLETECH, which is fine with me and I will judge for myself if the story is even close to as good and the characters as interesting as the story and characters in HBS BATTLETECH.

Titanfall IS a good mech game.

Fight me broh.

Totally different beast to Battletech though.

#46 Battle-mage

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 10:38 AM

How about a MWO event to celebrate the launch of MW5. Some folks may want some PVP action after killing bots.

#47 Wing Gundam Zero Custom

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 38 posts
  • LocationPlanet Dirt

Posted 11 December 2019 - 01:06 PM

SIGH... man oh man I regret ever playing and getting invested in MWO and even dropping some money on it. Coming by to check and see this **** as well as the continued sham of the game being out kill any urge to play MWO or ever by MW5... Though I'll likely forget it even exists or will be playing even better stuff a year from now. Looks bad compared to battletech and both are **** IS instead of Clan anyhow. My interest in the MW universe is now at a all time low

#48 mad kat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 11 December 2019 - 01:39 PM

If you want a laugh I've got it running (albiet with comically bad graphics) with a i3-4130 3.4ghz and a And R7 260x with 12gb.

A few fps potholes but actually runs better than i thought it would

#49 Scanz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 783 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 01:53 PM

Any plans for renew UI ?

#50 Alreech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,649 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 02:18 PM

View Postcx5, on 10 December 2019 - 10:47 PM, said:

Howdy,

Need help and advice to make the LEGs turn left or right using the Throttle's RUDDER.

i.e. I used Thrustmaster HOTAS throttle's rudder successfully as well as TWCS to turn the leg.

But can't find RUDDER in settings in MW5. Only see joystick axis 1,2,3,4,5, throttle axis 1,2,3,4,5 and I tried them all, not working on LEG.

The torso keep turning left or right when I use the throttle's RUDDER. Which is duplicated with the mouse. i.e. the mouse already turn the torso left or right, hence we could use the throttle's RUDDER to turn the legs.

Anyone knows how to solve? thanks so much in advance.

I saw this chrome-extension://oemmndcbldboiebfnladdacbdfmadadm/https://static.mw5mercs.com/docs/MW5HotasRemappingDocumentation.pdf

and noticed this suspected as the RUDDER, Axis:InAxis=RZAxis

but how to code it in properly? need help with this. An example line please? thanks.

Maybe it is easier to use a mapping tool to "emulate" a X-Box Controller with the joystick.
https://parithi.com/...al-1436f89bf8e0

It's seems also that is is impossible to map Buttons like the "Mouse Wheel Button" via the options. Posted Image
Looks like the new Unreal Engine Coders for Mechwarrior 5 are even worse than the Cry Engine Coders for MWO... Posted Image

#51 LorDGuilhotinA

• PipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 50 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 03:30 PM

theres a patch today, any patch notes?

#52 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 11 December 2019 - 04:09 PM

Does this mean we can finally start reversing the PotatoWarrior changes that have come about of late and go back to having an exciting, competitive PvP game?

#53 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,643 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 11 December 2019 - 05:59 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 11 December 2019 - 04:09 PM, said:

Does this mean we can finally start reversing the PotatoWarrior changes that have come about of late and go back to having an exciting, competitive PvP game?

Posted Image

#54 Tiantara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 815 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 06:01 PM

- That feel of Mechcommander 2, Battetech, MW3, much better damage texture and environment which you can destroy into pieces... I love it. Yeap, game have some strange things which need to fix in near future (like strange things with key bindings). Sometimes on high level of video settings game dropping FPS, but in overall - it awesome. Even custom battle (on one of them game freezes a little and enemy kill me), are really good and really customized. Its a great start. There still no alternative in mech games and MW5 are good game with huge potential to become even better and one day - replace MWO as MWO 2.
Also - I was really happy to see that game and play it.

#55 MCHamster1989

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 09:26 PM

How to skip tutorial

Šo annoing

#56 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 11 December 2019 - 09:43 PM

View PostRacerxintegra2k, on 11 December 2019 - 05:41 AM, said:

I’m in shock. Why didn’t PGI just add bots to MWO. MW5 is a complete lateral if not slightly downward move. Very disappointed

Well, I hope that MW5 is successful enough that we will see MWO get ported to Unreal 4 eventually.

#57 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 10:35 PM

View PostLorDGuilhotinA, on 11 December 2019 - 03:30 PM, said:

theres a patch today, any patch notes?

https://mw5mercs.com/

#58 Dai San

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 40 posts
  • LocationTelford, UK

Posted 12 December 2019 - 03:23 AM

More specifically https://mw5mercs.com...5-mercs-hot-fix

#59 Tiantara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 815 posts

Posted 12 December 2019 - 04:54 AM

- Owww... Now I miss that [you in minimum range] message in MWO... That thing so usefull for many weapon with minimum range. And also good to have such possibility to attack or destroy some control towers in MWO for some mission objectives. Anyway - with minor fixes (like responding to change which gamer could make in keybinding or other setting) and some strange texture movements - it great game to play!

#60 Roelstra

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 December 2019 - 06:29 AM

I'm sorry, but no. Between screwing the preorder crowd and making MW5 an epic store exclusive my interest in this game has pretty much died. I might pick it up eventually when/if it makes it to Steam. And is on sale. For 90% off. Maybe.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users