• Knight Errant
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 11:50 AM

>less content than mechwarrior online
>no clan tech
>no civil war era weapons
>no clan mechs
>only half of the is mechs in mwo
>mechlab is dog ****, you can only equip weapons of the same or lower slot size, you can't shove say 3 ac 2's in a hunchback 4G's shoulder anymore just a single 1 or an ac20
>no engine refits in mechlab
>no ferro or endo in mechlab
>can't play as a tank jet or helicopter
>can't have tanks jets or helicopters deploy with you
>only a single lance of 4 which sucks **** hard when you get to later missions
>missions are literally all the same including the campaign missions your supposed to care about
>all the maps are the same including the campaign missions because its all meme rng map generation because piggy is too **** to make actual maps
>enemy spawning in maps is ******* garbage and unfun, they literally just spawn around you and on top of you regardless of position and objective status
>enemy dropships literally dropping full lances 300m behind you while your fighting, even in non story missions
>this negates any kind of creativity when building a mech because you are forced into try hard mwo meta builds, but you can't make half of those builds because the mechlab is so ******* bare bones and dog ****
>allied ai is absolutely garbage probably worse than mechwarrior 4, with the added bonus of them getting stuck on the terrain in any map with rocks bigger than your feet
>huge world map, basically the whole intersphere, but you can only fight in baby's first combat zones that the developers pregenerated and do not move
>you can't join any factions
>your fighting in combat zones doesn't progress or detract from an ongoing war >you can't capture any territory and wipe out space china
>80% of the worlds are worthless, you can't even repair or buy **** on most of them because they aren't "industrial worlds"
>game has black markets in systems but its completely ******* worthless
>weapons have different quality which is ******* ********
>epic game store exclusive
>no mod support for at least 3 months because epic game store has no mod support yet

I can't believe russ ******** and piggy think they are going to sell 1 million copys of this joke of a game, especially after screwing over the community with egs. This is a massive joke.

Edited by Nacho Man Randy Snackage, 15 December 2019 - 11:53 AM.

#2 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 15 December 2019 - 12:04 PM

View PostNacho Man Randy Snackage, on 15 December 2019 - 11:50 AM, said:

Not defending MW5 here, but the only official BT game to allow this is Mechassault 2. As such it's not really fair to use this as a standard of judgement for the game.

#3 Jackal Noble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 15 December 2019 - 12:07 PM

Doesn't understand why the game is the way it is...... rages instead.

I think I know who this is.

MW4 comparison post is a dead giveaway bud.

#4 Nacho Man Randy Snackage

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 12:09 PM

View PostFupDup, on 15 December 2019 - 12:04 PM, said:

Not defending MW5 here, but the only official BT game to allow this is Mechassault 2. As such it's not really fair to use this as a standard of judgement for the game.

a bunch of modders were able to make tanks and aircraft playable in mechwarrior living legends on an older engine with a smaller and arguably less seasoned staff. There is no excuse that the game is missing so much content. But thats ok the same 50 people that still play mechwarrior online like ******* noble above me will defend piggy tooth and nail even when they ruin a game just so they can sell dlc.

#5 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 15 December 2019 - 12:14 PM

You really have no idea what you are talking about, please continue.

#6 Nacho Man Randy Snackage

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 12:17 PM

View PostJackal Noble, on 15 December 2019 - 12:14 PM, said:

You really have no idea what you are talking about, please continue.

You have added nothing of value to the conversation but mindlessly praise piggy games. You have refuted 0 points, you have made 0 points. You are either a piggy employee on an alt account or you are a ******** troll who is upset someone dared to insult the company that you based your life and personality around.

#7 Ilfi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 12:21 PM

This is a massive joke.
Jokes are supposed to be funny.

#8 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,066 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 15 December 2019 - 12:24 PM

Someone didn't see what pgi's done from 2013-2016. GL egs ever getting mods. I'll wait til full steam release and workshop support spending maybe $15 at most for mw5 on sale 2021.

#9 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,576 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 12:34 PM

>no clan tech
>no clan mechs
>mechlab is dog ****, you can only equip weapons of the same or lower slot size, you can't shove say 3 ac 2's in a hunchback 4G's shoulder anymore just a single 1 or an ac20
>missions are literally all the same including the campaign missions your supposed to care about
>all the maps are the same including the campaign missions because its all meme rng map generation because piggy is too **** to make actual maps
>enemy spawning in maps is ******* garbage and unfun, they literally just spawn around you and on top of you regardless of position and objective status
>enemy dropships literally dropping full lances 300m behind you while your fighting, even in non story missions
>this negates any kind of creativity when building a mech because you are forced into try hard mwo meta builds, but you can't make half of those builds because the mechlab is so ******* bare bones and dog ****
>allied ai is absolutely garbage probably worse than mechwarrior 4, with the added bonus of them getting stuck on the terrain in any map with rocks bigger than your feet
>huge world map, basically the whole intersphere, but you can only fight in baby's first combat zones that the developers pregenerated and do not move
>your fighting in combat zones doesn't progress or detract from an ongoing war >you can't capture any territory and wipe out space china
>80% of the worlds are worthless, you can't even repair or buy **** on most of them because they aren't "industrial worlds"
>no mod support for at least 3 months because epic game store has no mod support yet

I can't believe russ ******** and piggy think they are going to sell 1 million copys of this joke of a game, especially after screwing over the community with egs. This is a massive joke.

Just a few words, if I may ...
  • The game takes place during the Succession Wars. You can not expect to see modern 'Mechs from the FedCom Civil War era. Complaining that you can not buy for example the Thanatos (design year 3061), the Hellspawn (design year 3062) or the Fafnir (design year 3063) in 3015 is like complaining that you can not use F-14 Tomcat during the Battle of Midway in 1942.
  • Ditto for the Civil War weapons and equipment.
  • Ditto for Endo-steel and Ferro-fibrous armor. In 3015 you can use standard plating and standard structure until a slow technological renaissance in 3030s and 3040s.
  • The Operation Revival - the first big contact between the Clans and the Inner Sphere - begun in 3049/3050. Therefore, you can not obtain the Mad Cat, the Ryoken or the Thor in 3015, three decades before those OmniMechs have shown up in the Inner Sphere.
  • In BattleTech and in MW5Mercs BattleMechs are not totally customizable. As a rule of thumb, you can replace one weapon with an other weapon of a same class and type or smaller.
  • If I remember correctly, MechWarrior 4 did not let you pilot a helicopter or drive a tank.
  • All friendly or enemy tanks in MechWarrior 4 were commanded by AI or followed scripted paths, you did not command them.
  • Yes, I agree that having one lance is not ideal.
  • Yes, I agree that spawning enemies the way it is arranged is not ideal.
  • You can not join factions because the game is named "Mercenaries", not "Great House Soldiers". By the way, MechWarrior 4 did not let you join House armies too. You either were affiliated with one side (Vengeance, Black Knight) or worked for one side as mercenary (Mercenaries). Sometimes you switched sides.
  • Yes, many Inner Sphere worlds are not as developed as some major industrial worlds. Imagine landing with your F-22 in Mogadishu. Can you imagine getting spare parts for your avionics? Replenishing AMRAAMS there? Buying that special surface coating?
  • I believe that PGI offered refund for early buyers, if you are one of those. As for now, you do not have to buy the game, if you do not want to.
In my humble opinion, not everything on MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries is bad. And I am willing to give PGI a chance. After all, they have already patched the game and some future patches are in sight.

#10 Trackblock

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 12:37 PM

I agree with most of your comments, the gameplay is good...it's just the mechbay/customization & campaign are so awful it really ruins the game. I got frustrated & downloaded a trainer...just to try to 'complete' it. The mob number, spawn range & position is ridiculously absurd and turned it into some arcade nonsense.

It seems their criteria for a campaign was: make it difficult, make it grindy, make it long...without considering any other factors...including end-user enjoyment.

#11 Nacho Man Randy Snackage

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 12:52 PM

View Postmartian, on 15 December 2019 - 12:34 PM, said:

Just a few words, if I may ...
  • The game takes place during the Succession Wars. You can not expect to see modern 'Mechs from the FedCom Civil War era. Complaining that you can not buy for example the Thanatos (design year 3061), the Hellspawn (design year 3062) or the Fafnir (design year 3063) in 3015 is like complaining that you can not use F-14 Tomcat during the Battle of Midway in 1942.
  • Ditto for the Civil War weapons and equipment.
  • Ditto for Endo-steel and Ferro-fibrous armor. In 3015 you can use standard plating and standard structure until a slow technological renaissance in 3030s and 3040s.
  • The Operation Revival - the first big contact between the Clans and the Inner Sphere - begun in 3049/3050. Therefore, you can not obtain the Mad Cat, the Ryoken or the Thor in 3015, three decades before those OmniMechs have shown up in the Inner Sphere.
  • In BattleTech and in MW5Mercs BattleMechs are not totally customizable. As a rule of thumb, you can replace one weapon with an other weapon of a same class and type or smaller.
  • If I remember correctly, MechWarrior 4 did not let you pilot a helicopter or drive a tank.

I would love to agree with you because i like games that do stick to lore, but not this time. Piggy has used lore as a shield to protect them from being yelled at for scumbag business practices. The reason for the timeline was soley to sell mech packs and expansion passes with minimal content for maximum profit, while hamstringing the initial experience so that players feel obligated to pay for the additional content to actually have a completed game. I have seen this kind of behavior from companies multiple times over in this industry, and everytime they hide behind "lore" as a shield for their ****** practices. I don't care about the timeline, and i don't care about that god ******* aweful battletech game. A game is based around its gameplay not its story or some other element, and the fact of the matter is that the gameplay was hamstrung because one piggy wanted to squeeze as much money out of the playerbase as possible, and two they were lazy and didn't want to actually do the work required to make this a stand out title amongst the mechwarrior series.
also on the topic of piggy deliberately hamstringing the game to sell more dlc, i know multiple people are going to come back and tell me i'm just upset at piggy games, and i am, but the precedent for this kind of behavior has been showen multiple times over mechwarrior onlines lifetime. Does anyone remember the 50$ clan mechs? or how about the fact that new mechs are still unplayable for the majority of the player base for months or even years after they release unless you pay real money for them.
Frankly i wish literally any other developer had this IP. Crytech should have backed the mechwarrior living legends team instead of piggy games to make them a mech title.

#12 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 12:57 PM

>no clan tech
>no clan mechs

Spoiler... that isn't really one considering the very first pre-alpha demo.
There are. Both have names related to the first non-tutorial level, too. (Anything more would be a major spoiler).

(Also the CW era... there are. and some mechs.)

Fair enough, but most of them don't exist in MW5's timeline.
Some of the ones actually available in MW5 are also beyond MW5's timeline, with some of those available going out to 3059, 10 years beyond MW5's supposed timeline.

Fair.

Considering the start of the game you're in 3015 these don't exist.
They wouldn't exist until pretty close to about 3040 before they'd be somewhat available to the public, so you'd have nine years to play with them. And even then, changing a mehc from scratch is a process that the last time I did it cost me 19 million cbills to do to a Jenner in 3036 on tabletop, and in 3 times, once the tech stole it because he wasn't getting paid enough. Once I ran out of money and it still wasn't done. And then once with the 19 million rather than the smaller amount I had, we got it done. In the end I had a paperweight because the leg lower actuator got fused, so it was a Jenner that could not walk or run. And I did this with all the bonuses of doing the work in a factory that builds them.

So Fahad couldn't do it.

As stated below, it's never been a mechwarrior game trait. This is MW, not BT.

MW games never had this either. Realistically as the one travelling you wouldn't have helicopters anyway they have to be tuned to the specific environment and that isn't cost effective. There's no jets here. Where would you put the tanks and considering that they're cannon fodder, why would you use them? This said only MechCommander 2 really had this feature.

Pretty much identical to any MW game, you'd only have command of one lance. Pretty sure that's including MW4.

Fair.

Solution to this bug until PGI fixes it.
The game doesn't allow them to spawn until you are NOT looking.
Problem is as you approach their positions you count as looking, regardless of obstacles in line of sight.
Simply look away, watch the birds fly, stare at the sun, pretend you're paranoid, admire the scenery.
They'll pop out as far as 900 meters away.

You're welcome.

Still surprised the dropships don't attack you in the process. Its another "look away" and they'll do it sooner and further away fiasco.

The spawning close syndrome? Fair enough, but solution above.

Change orders to unstick them.
If truly stuck, abandon them and then tell them to "attack my target" in your next fight. They will teleport to your position at somewhat under 2000 meters away.

Pretty much the staple of every Mechwarrior game ever that featured the map, including HBS' BT.

You're a mercenary. Not a soldier looking for a permanent job as fodder. Pretty sure you couldn't do that in MW 4 Mercs either.

You're a tiny unit with a single dropship in conflicts where planet battles that tip the scales of a planet have thousands of mechs in the field. How would you have any affect?

Should be 70% to be realistic to the source material. Not every planet has **** to sell that'd be useful. Repairs using their planets makes sense, but you should be able to repair in your bay wherever you are provided you have the materials.

No opinion here.

In the context of how PGI did it, I agree.
In the context of different quality by manufacturer but still fitting in the established ratings.. Disagree.

The issue is PGI uses the obligatory "my tier is better than your tier", and my "Tier 5 burst fire ballistic weapon" AC/20 does 42 damage per volley.

There are cheap weapons, ancient weapons, etc.. But if it's rated as a Class 5 autocannon, that means it should be able to comparable to any other class 5 autocannon, or it isn't a class 5 autocannon.

Considering the financial reasons, incomplete game, and the struggles PGI had which required engine support (since the engine use is free to a certain point, you don't get support by default. PGI didn't have much choice and even then, it's incomplete. The amount of infantry combat animations, etc. in the game showed that they had much higher ambitions but couldn't follow through for a number of reasons included in my mod thread).

Wonder if this is why the game files and **** are locked. Three months?
FFS.

I suspect they didn't think they would. Part of the epic store deal is if 1 million isn't sold, Epic would pay the difference to the developer.

View Postmartian, on 15 December 2019 - 12:34 PM, said:

Bold is in the game.

Edit.
WAS in the game.
Now it's just a reference. In the beta it's in the game files a bit more so than here.
Posted Image
There's a number of other mechs too.
Seems the 3059 stuff has placeholders now rather than actual content, since they didn't actually belong in there quite yet. Seems PGI still has plans for MW5 beyond maintenance.

Steel your expectations, but... this I find more interesting.
Posted Image
Given the reasons I put up on my mod page for why they probably haven't done it yet after someone with a bushy tail (if you know the reference you know what I mean if you don't then you don't) informed me of a conversation that they wanted to put in infantry but ran into performance issues, and I go on to explain to someone else that didn't understand what the performance issues could be exactly what they were and ways I had planned to overcome it and possibly use these resources to do it.

Edited by Koniving, 15 December 2019 - 01:06 PM.

#13 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 15 December 2019 - 01:19 PM

sigh. here we go. this i know is a massive waste of time, but can't help to think if i answer 4 or 5 of your nonsensical complaints, you will calm down...

I know better, considering you threw together an account so you could come on here and try to instigate others.

fuggit

Nacho Sandy ***** Rage wrote
define content. MWO has a boat load of mechs from years of accumulation - if you count mechs as content then sure. Clan and Civil war tech does not exist yet. The majority of those mechs and or weapons do not fit within the timeline of the game. One might see that as a convenient excuse for not including 'aaaallll' the mechs of MWO but it absolutely makes sense from a game design perspective.
MW5 has a campaign where the player can travel to any of the planets across the IS and engage in context sensitive battles - ie, you are in Kurita/Liao border territory, you will be fighting for or against those forces.
MW5 has a different mech lab design
MW5 has hirable pilots, with bios and an entire weapon/mech skill system that improves as those pilots actually shoot things with the related weapons. AI mech has only missiles, that pilot will only improve on missile skill from kills.
MW5 has a weapon/mech market system.
MW5 has some new weapons MWO does not - burst fire ACs, Stream LRMs(basically MWO Clan LRMs) and solid slug LBx10
MW5 every weapon's behavior, characteristics are different from MWO weapons.
etc etc etc.

>no clan tech
Clans don't happen until Clan invasion. MW5 takes place in 3015. MWO has changed it's timeline throughout the games life cycle (over 7-8 years) and is 3057, 42 years after the initial setting of MW5.
At the point of the games (MW5) story line, the Inner-sphere has no clue about the Clans. They don't exist.

Happened after Clan invasion. see above.

>no clan mechs
See above

Spelled out, they don't exist yet.

This is an opinion
The HBK-4G only has one ballistic slot in it's RT.
It's called a rule, you might (most definitely will) find that stupid but the game by design was trying to get away from the boating circus that is MWO and bring back some old-school.

3015 mech techs can't do that. Again, by design for the single player campaign. I don't expect you to agree with this, but this is not a new PGI concept. It's sticking to how the tech should be at that point in time.

See the previous two points. Some special mechs in the game do have endo/ferro. It's a rarity in 3015.

This would be cool and might happen in the future, but then why are you playing a mech game and not a helicopter or tank game. They do exist.

In some missions, you do have tanks and helicopters deploy with you, not just on defense missions. Would it be a cool feature to also have the ability to have some of your owned armed forces to deploy along with mechs. Yes, absolutely.

Oh ya? how is it in later missions? How far have you gotten and what level are your pilots/ mech types?

This is funny. Ironically enough, Mechwarrior is about blowing up **** and mechs.

>all the maps are the same including the campaign missions because its all meme rng map generation because piggy is too **** to make actual map
You are referring to biomes.
Which biome is your favorite?
The actual proc gen maps are pretty damn well done. Yes, more map biomes would be great, along with improvements to shrubbery.

At this point, as if it's not obvious enough you compiled every thing that your pin ***** eyes has seen over reddit the last week and without forethought barfed it onto here, because you thought what better place to take a dump than on MWO forums. That is of course after you made your troll user profile.

>enemy dropships literally dropping full lances 300m behind you while your fighting, even in non story mission
self explanatory
IT'S A ******* DROPSHIP

......................................... I can't even....no....your logic.....it's so painful.

this is comedy gold.

wut.
see title of game. You are a merc. Yes would this be cool, sure for a spinoff.

You are a tiny merc company in all of the IS where these giant factions are battling. Not to mention, the history of how it plays out is already done. The point of your company is to just take advantage of others situations.
Again, would it be neat to have the ability to completely wipe out a faction? ya.

80% huh? that's an interesting number to arrive at.
This is false. You can absolutely mechs and weapons/ammo at non-industrail planets. You can by mechs in conflict zones. You can buy mechs outside of conflict zones
>game has black markets in systems but its completely ******* worthless?
The point of the black market is for you to be able to buy/restock weapons/mechs while in a conflict zone, and always has better selection thanother planets in a conflict zone
not even touching this. Hard to say, but definitely not because ******* ******** or ***** but possibly it's the ****** interfering with ***********. ******** lives matter.

It's a game store. get over it. you can launch the game offline.

Hopefully that's enough time for modders to make some really cool ****. I'll be ready, but that's not going to stop me from enjoying the base game.

You need help.

Edited by Jackal Noble, 15 December 2019 - 01:32 PM.

#14 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 01:29 PM

View PostJackal Noble, on 15 December 2019 - 01:19 PM, said:

Hopefully that's enough time for modders to make some really cool ****. I'll be ready, but that's not going to stop me from enjoying the base game.

Jackal.
We can't make ANYTHING... until that 3 months is up.
The whole thing is locked down.

In fact they improved the lock, I can't even make text edits and slip them in anymore.

So we can't work on mods into the engine until then.

Posted Image
3 months soon™. :(

#15 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 15 December 2019 - 01:31 PM

View PostKoniving, on 15 December 2019 - 01:29 PM, said:

Jackal.
We can't make ANYTHING... until that 3 months is up.
The whole thing is locked down.

In fact they improved the lock, I can't even make text edits and slip them in anymore.

So we can't work on mods into the engine until then.

3 months soon™. Posted Image

Kon, you are doing it again. Posting weird **** from Half-life 2 etc.
Where did you get 3 months other than from some rager with a troll account?

#16 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 01:33 PM

View PostJackal Noble, on 15 December 2019 - 01:31 PM, said:

Kon, you are doing it again. Posting weird **** from Half-life 2 etc.
Where did you get 3 months other than from some rager with a troll account?

You're in the wrong thread.

#17 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

View PostKoniving, on 15 December 2019 - 01:33 PM, said:

You're in the wrong thread.

hahaha true dat

#18 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Also you asked in that other thread for examples of a Better AI.
Thus the half life 2 stuff.
One that demonstrated the things that were missing from MW5 that made MW5's AI look bad.
Teamwork.
Recognizing others as more than obstacles to shoot through.
Actively NOT shooting at teammates by holding fire when a teammate crosses their path.
Retreating when unable to fight any longer.
Coordinating flanking attacks when they do not have line of sight to attack you from multiple angles (intentionally and not by a fluke).
And then the overwatch tidbit is also sharing the improvements I would need to do to run infantry as well as generally improve them, by having another AI coordinate them.

Edited by Koniving, 15 December 2019 - 01:36 PM.

#19 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,576 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 01:34 PM

View PostNacho Man Randy Snackage, on 15 December 2019 - 12:52 PM, said:

I would love to agree with you because i like games that do stick to lore, but not this time. Piggy has used lore as a shield to protect them from being yelled at for scumbag business practices. The reason for the timeline was soley to sell mech packs and expansion passes with minimal content for maximum profit, while hamstringing the initial experience so that players feel obligated to pay for the additional content to actually have a completed game. I have seen this kind of behavior from companies multiple times over in this industry, and everytime they hide behind "lore" as a shield for their ****** practices.

You are talking as if PGI has done something unheard of. However, previous MechWarrior / MechCommander / BattleTech titles produced by FASA / Microsoft / Harebrained Schemes did exactly the same. See some examples:
  • MechWarrior 3 included 'Mechs and technology of 3050s. The Pirate's Moon expansion pack added FedCom Civil War weapons and equipment such as X-Pulse lasers, Thunderbolt missiles or Light Gauss Rifles.
  • MechWarrior 4: Vengeance had a basic selection of 'Mechs and weapons. The Black Knight expansion pack added new 'Mechs (Wolfhound, Black Knight, etc) and weapons.
  • MechCommander had basic selection of IS and Clan 'Mechs from 3050s.The Desperate Measures expansion pack added FedCom Civil War weapons and equipment such as X-Pulse lasers, Thunderbolt missiles or Light Gauss Rifles. New 'Mechs such as the Stiletto, the Turkina or the Shadow Cat were welcome addition too.
  • BattleTech by HBS ditto. Quite recently they offered new expansion packs Urban Warfare, Flashpoint and Heavy Metal. All of them contain additional 'Mechs and equipment (Crab, Hatchetman or Cyclops).

I don't care about the timeline, and i don't care about that god ******* aweful battletech game. A game is based around its gameplay not its story or some other element, and the fact of the matter is that the gameplay was hamstrung because one piggy wanted to squeeze as much money out of the playerbase as possible, and two they were lazy and didn't want to actually do the work required to make this a stand out title amongst the mechwarrior series.
also on the topic of piggy deliberately hamstringing the game to sell more dlc, i know multiple people are going to come back and tell me i'm just upset at piggy games, and i am, but the precedent for this kind of behavior has been showen multiple times over mechwarrior onlines lifetime.

Well, I would say that MechWarrior Online is the right game for you. Timeline has practically no importance for MWO.

What was the point of buying MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries, if you knew that the storyline was going to play a significant part in it?

And if you have had a bad experience with PGI in particular and MechWarrior series in general, why did you spend money on MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries?

Pardon me my honesty, but it seems to me that the only person to blame are yourself. You are like a man who dislikes food in his local restaurant and yet he still comes there day after day and gives them money.

Does anyone remember the 50$ clan mechs? or how about the fact that new mechs are still unplayable for the majority of the player base for months or even years after they release unless you pay real money for them.

Yes, I remember those. I believe that the decision was made by the now-bankrupt Infinite Games Publishing, publisher of MechWarrior Online.

Frankly i wish literally any other developer had this IP. Crytech should have backed the mechwarrior living legends team instead of piggy games to make them a mech title.

I have a bad news for you: When it comes to BattleTech IP, Microsoft owns all rights to electronic games such as MechWarrior / MechCommander / BattleTech. It never sells those rights, just licences them.

#20 Khobai

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 01:34 PM

View PostFupDup, on 15 December 2019 - 12:04 PM, said:

you cant play as a dinosaur either thats BS wtf PGI

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users