#1 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 26 January 2020 - 08:11 PM

Ok...

Guys I need help... Can someone please explain these "tactics".
  • Sit outside the gates for 15mins, when game mode is attack - Confusing Tactics 1
  • When on defense, run OUT the gate, do a full lap IN and then OUT the gate again... Then realise you need to defend your gens? Confusing Tactics 2

I legit need someone to explain how this works to me. My brain just cannot comprehend these tactics...

They almost seem as if they are designed to deliberately lose?

Edited by justcallme A S H, 26 January 2020 - 08:14 PM.

#2 Daidachi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 461 posts
  • LocationThe Andromeda Initiative

Posted 26 January 2020 - 08:12 PM

600 IQ strat

#3 Prototelis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 26 January 2020 - 08:13 PM

lol

#4 SneekiBreeki

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 358 posts
  • LocationI came here to laugh at you.(^・ω・^)

Posted 26 January 2020 - 08:17 PM

Ohnonononononono

Content too spicy, aneurysm too stronk.

Posted Image

Edited by SneekiBreeki, 26 January 2020 - 08:22 PM.

#5 Ragnar Stormfang

• Pip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 January 2020 - 08:31 PM

first game hold gates on attack, defense team pushes out and wipes the floor?
second game same map open one gate push in get face rekted from YOLO then defense pushes out and screws the rest of them
ok seriously if HHOD want a semi decent drop caller im happy to call a match or two to help out

Edited by Black Templars Raptors, 26 January 2020 - 08:32 PM.

#6 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 26 January 2020 - 09:06 PM

I honestly think they need to revisit some of the fundamentals, especially mechlab.

And I know they think I'm just being ******, and I know about the meme with the juggalo throwing me in the guillotine, but I wish they'd just accept some of the help they've been offered instead of going all double down on the dumb.

Seems like there's just 2-3 really loud people over there that don't know what they're talking about really hurting things.

#7 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 26 January 2020 - 10:42 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 26 January 2020 - 08:11 PM, said:

Ok...

• Sit outside the gates for 15mins, when game mode is attack - Confusing Tactics 1
  • When on defense, run OUT the gate, do a full lap IN and then OUT the gate again... Then realise you need to defend your gens? Confusing Tactics 2

I legit need someone to explain how this works to me. My brain just cannot comprehend these tactics...

That's thinking in 3D, man. Mortals can't get it.

#8 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,578 posts

Posted 26 January 2020 - 11:27 PM

Ok...

“The whole secret lies in confusing the enemy, so that he cannot fathom our real intent.”

― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

#9 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 26 January 2020 - 11:59 PM

I rly hoped to see boreal attack in the first match. There it can happen, that your team doesnt manage to open the gates and only trade from the ramps. But this...

#10 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 27 January 2020 - 01:24 AM

They weren't shooting the gates...?

Can't have been MW5 players, then.

Edited by Appogee, 27 January 2020 - 02:08 AM.

#11 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 27 January 2020 - 02:07 AM

Start with "armchair military expert" and "strategizing by cargo cult", then work your way from there.
They're doing things because the manual says they're supposed to, but the reason why has been either lost or miscommunicated so many times they no longer understand it.

Edited by Horseman, 27 January 2020 - 02:31 AM.

#12 Aivazovsky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 27 January 2020 - 03:14 AM

When on defense, run OUT the gate, do a full lap IN and then OUT the gate again... Then realise you need to defend your gens? Confusing Tactics 2
It's simple. HHoD Posted Image The worst thing: i play often for IS, and they teach me how to play /o\

#13 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,952 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 27 January 2020 - 04:22 AM

the first one is a throw back to old CW
it takes two forms
1)
the idea was to tie up a good team for the duration ( a bit of a jerk move) so they cant get win after win and push the planetary win marker
2) out of frustration teams would refuse to engage (heard a ton of players quit the game saying they would not be back, but that was back in 2015)

the second link I had not seen that one but not surprising
the main idea is to stay in a tight group (murder ball)

one time back in old CW we attacked Hellebore Springs and marched around omega shooting Mechs --pretty crazy

Posted Image

HTHs

#14 n00biwan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 147 posts
  • LocationSomerset, UK...

Posted 27 January 2020 - 06:57 AM

I've been part of several "push out of one gate, back in through the other" type actions over the years of CW... mostly vs reluctant or disorganised enemies, I think mostly boreal/emerald... places where the gap between on the outside isn't huge. I think they pretty much all ended in wins. It made sense at the time though...

#15 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 27 January 2020 - 07:54 AM

tbh, I was expecting to see a totally different unit-tag there; erLL-sniping from outside the gate till the last second, never ever setting foot inside just to screw their "pugs" out of victory.. rhymes with [redacted] ;)

I miss 2016, when we still had units with w-keys in the game, most of the time on both sides of the match. Posted Image

#16 Marquis De Lafayette

• CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 27 January 2020 - 08:12 AM

When I have seen people “call” this kind of nonsense it is generally a weird form of protest. A semi-pug or much lesser skilled team runs into what they consider to be a stacked or super-stacked team. Get upset (because the other team is “ruining the mode for regular joes”) and tries to reduce or ruin the fun of the stacked side (when defenders avoid contact, they are basically daring the defenders to take the objectives....knowing that the attackers probably won’t want to). The result is everyone’s time gets wasted as salt flows.
It’s a childish move. One can legitimately debate how good for the mode running a stacked 12-man in the low population environment MWO is in these days (it tends to empty queues for the mode....but idk even how much it happens now as I haven’t played FW regularly in a couple of months) without pulling this kind of nonsense. If the other side isn’t stacked....it would be all the more idiotic....Whatever the reasoning might be it’s just dumb.

#17 Brauer

• 1,066 posts

Posted 27 January 2020 - 10:17 AM

View PostMarquis De Lafayette, on 27 January 2020 - 08:12 AM, said:

When I have seen people “call” this kind of nonsense it is generally a weird form of protest. A semi-pug or much lesser skilled team runs into what they consider to be a stacked or super-stacked team. Get upset (because the other team is “ruining the mode for regular joes”) and tries to reduce or ruin the fun of the stacked side (when defenders avoid contact, they are basically daring the defenders to take the objectives....knowing that the attackers probably won’t want to). The result is everyone’s time gets wasted as salt flows.
It’s a childish move. One can legitimately debate how good for the mode running a stacked 12-man in the low population environment MWO is in these days (it tends to empty queues for the mode....but idk even how much it happens now as I haven’t played FW regularly in a couple of months) without pulling this kind of nonsense. If the other side isn’t stacked....it would be all the more idiotic....Whatever the reasoning might be it’s just dumb.

Most of the 12 man teams I have seen lately have been relatively weak groups. Most of them likely beat PUGs more often than not, some probably do so consistently. The teams I consider to be really strong typically run smaller groups from what I remember, and when a larger group is formed it's usually with players of somewhat mixed skill. From my experience it's rare for us to have more than 4-6 MJ12s in a group and we will break a bigger group up at times. With that in mind we also aren't the Final Boss or anything.

#18 Rustyhammer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationSydney, AU

Posted 27 January 2020 - 12:42 PM

As explained by the leader himself:
Posted Image

#19 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 27 January 2020 - 12:44 PM

View PostDavegt27, on 27 January 2020 - 04:22 AM, said:

one time back in old CW we attacked Hellebore Springs and marched around omega shooting Mechs --pretty crazy

doing a circle around the gun is one thing...

Running outside the very gates you are defending (to shoot at nothing), then run back in, then OUT again...

I dunno, I'm still confused as to this.

#20 The Jewce Iz Loose

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2022 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 111 posts

Posted 27 January 2020 - 01:22 PM

View PostRustyhammer, on 27 January 2020 - 12:42 PM, said:

As explained by the leader himself:
Posted Image

Them boys here to shoot stuff that doesn't move or shoot back

1 user(s) are reading this topic