Trial Mech Challenges Event And Sale

155 replies to this topic

#101 Quandoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 220 posts

Posted 01 February 2020 - 02:37 AM

This event suxx. It makes people rush from mech to mech, wiping themselves as soon as they have the required numbers. The overall game quality dropped even more.

Edited by Quandoo, 01 February 2020 - 02:37 AM.

#102 Horrus

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 February 2020 - 02:41 AM

Now the event is fun thx ;)

#103 Alan Hicks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 414 posts

Posted 01 February 2020 - 03:58 AM

Yes, I was irrational and played 3 matches with some of those unskilled strange trial mechs. I mean, the event kind of motivates you because there is something different to do, play with trials ! Posted Image

Experienced the same NASCAR BS as always, and piloting really slow assaults I got what I deserved. Really? 16 kills or KMMD with those? Yet another event designed to hold the dying population of MWO, Bye and until the next event.

If you want people to stay playing, please correct the game (matchmaker and tier system, first priority) Good events designs are commonly ruined by that, all the time Posted Image !

No MC for me this time. That's mainly the only reason I log in during events. New people might like c-bills or premium time, but that's not my case.

Congrats to those with patience or talent who already finished or are on their way to complete the event.

#104 Grenderos

• Pip
  • The Fearless
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 February 2020 - 05:03 AM

Hello,

I do like this event a lot! Did the clan part yesterday and had a ton of fun. Those clan trials were surprisingly good, did expect much worse. :D

One point: everyone can do all the challenges - since all the mechs are open for everyone! Thumbs up for that, too.

And when dropped that solo kill requirement, they are on the easy side also.

#105 Goldo7

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 February 2020 - 05:05 AM

I was a bit hesitant to begin with and since I own most mech varients, just not the champs, I dreaded the challenges.

but

I had a lot of fun trying to make some of these mechs work :D

More people were talking which is always a good thing.

Especially for the IS side the only mech I had to take out more then once was the panther.

#106 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 513 posts

Posted 01 February 2020 - 06:18 AM

View PostMatt Newman, on 30 January 2020 - 09:51 AM, said:

Ok so I really regret Saying Try hards, Sorry not my best form.

I am listening to the feedback and I do want to make the events as fun as possible for everyone.
I got a well thought out DM and have realized that I should not have used Solo Kill as a Key metric for each of those mechs.
I did try to keep the requirements reasonable and give ample time.
Unfortunately the issue with Trials load outs (champion mechs) won't be changing.
I will do my best to not repeat this type of event in the future.

Just my opinion, or more a feeling, you are the last of the staff who actually cares about this game and the community, cause you listen to us and, more important, you talk to us. Thanks for doing all these events.
Solo kill was a bit too much, 1 kill would have been hard, 1 kill or KMDD is still challenging. I like this event and the idea of promoting the trial mechs. But why can´t you change the loadouts? I´m sure there are enough highly skilled mechwarriors here, who would help you with actual meta loadouts. It´s those trial mechs which can help to keep new players in the game.

#107 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 01 February 2020 - 07:12 AM

View PostWishmast3r, on 01 February 2020 - 06:18 AM, said:

I´m sure there are enough highly skilled mechwarriors here, who would help you with actual meta loadouts. It´s those trial mechs which can help to keep new players in the game.

I like that. All the mechs should have their default loadouts altered a little bit. I'm not saying that they should go to Grim Mechs and copy their loadouts but keeping what some mechs have now is just terrible.

#108 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 513 posts

Posted 01 February 2020 - 08:36 AM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 01 February 2020 - 07:12 AM, said:

I like that. All the mechs should have their default loadouts altered a little bit. I'm not saying that they should go to Grim Mechs and copy their loadouts but keeping what some mechs have now is just terrible.

You can´t use Grim Mechs anyway, cause the trial mechs don´t have a skill tree, not even a coolshot. And most of the mechs aren´t meta and thus can´t be found on Grim Mechs.
PGI could improve the trial mechs, aka champion variants, themselvses, it´s not a big deal. All it would take is 1 person, who knows the game, and 2-3 days of work.
The Stormcrow with 5 MPLs for example. Due to constant, counterclockwise nascar in QP, first component that gets shot of is the left arm, containing 2 MPLs. So you loose 40% of your firepower early in the game. All you have to do is switch the right arm to the B variant, put the 2 MPLs from the left arm into the right arm, swap the TC1 for another DHS and switch the left arm to the B or C variant, cause they have an 8+ armor quirk. The mech gets cooler and tankier, perfect for a trial mech.
Or the Highlander 733C, still uses a standard engine. Go from ferro to light ferro armor, equip a 325 LE, add another DHS and 1t of ammo and max out the armor.
This isn´t quantum physics, it´s bascis for every good mechwarrior.

Edited by Wishmast3r, 01 February 2020 - 08:37 AM.

#109 Mr_Breaker

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 February 2020 - 12:23 PM

View PostQuandoo, on 01 February 2020 - 02:37 AM, said:

This event suxx. It makes people rush from mech to mech, wiping themselves as soon as they have the required numbers. The overall game quality dropped even more.

I do not fully agree; the parameters set are forcing players to perform which is good, but stock mechs yeah it's meh.

#110 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 01 February 2020 - 01:54 PM

View PostWishmast3r, on 01 February 2020 - 08:36 AM, said:

The Stormcrow with 5 MPLs for example. Due to constant, counterclockwise nascar in QP, first component that gets shot of is the left arm, containing 2 MPLs. So you loose 40% of your firepower early in the game. All you have to do is switch the right arm to the B variant, put the 2 MPLs from the left arm into the right arm, swap the TC1 for another DHS and switch the left arm to the B or C variant, cause they have an 8+ armor quirk. The mech gets cooler and tankier, perfect for a trial mech.

I've found the Stormcrow to be one of the more serviceable mechs amongst the generally ****** trials.

#111 Valdarion Silarius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationWubbing and dakkaing everyone in best jellyfish mech

Posted 01 February 2020 - 04:34 PM

View PostBowelhacker, on 01 February 2020 - 01:54 PM, said:

I've found the Stormcrow to be one of the more serviceable mechs amongst the generally ****** trials.

The Stormcrow is decent enough. I've completed the event, but the two mechs I was having the most hang ups on were the god awful XL engine Enforcer and the Timberwolf. Arguably the Timberwolf got easier when I assigned the weapon groups to alpha strike, it doesn't help that the mech got hit hard by PGI and is extremely fragile.

I'd say if they do this event again, ditch any mech that has god awful hitboxes, awkward hardpoint geometry, and ignore any IS XL stock engine loadouts. I thought the event was overall fun despite those hiccups.

#112 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 01 February 2020 - 06:22 PM

Maybe it's time to bring in the GSP sale soon. After that, a Dropship Sale and discount on Mech Packs.....

#113 Bolo Atari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 259 posts
  • LocationGlengarry

Posted 01 February 2020 - 07:14 PM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 01 February 2020 - 06:22 PM, said:

Maybe it's time to bring in the GSP sale soon. After that, a Dropship Sale and discount on Mech Packs.....

Awww gawd no, I have bills to pay and food to eat!

But I agree :P

#114 Renzor the Red

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 326 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSol 3

Posted 01 February 2020 - 09:21 PM

I had the hardest time with the Panther and the Ebon Jag, which both had DPS issues and it was hard to dish out enough damage, or even steal kills in the case of the Panther. The Ebon Jag's LPL's are nice, but the mech is so squishy that it was hard to get enough face time to poke with gauss and LPL's on a single target enough for a KMDD. I'm not very good at Gauss or PPC's, though.

The Mist Lynx was awful. 4 SPL's were just so underpowered, but got it done.

I actually liked the Enforcer. Good torso twisting made it pretty XL-safe, and it had a pretty good loadout. I got pretty much everything done in one match except for the Panther, Ebon Jag, and Mist Lynx. (I did 1200 PPC damage in that Panther before I was able to get a kill)

All done. Nice challenge. SO Many c-bills. :)

#115 Mumuharra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 02 February 2020 - 04:11 AM

I struggle most with the dreaded Mist Lynx and the Stormcrow.
The rest was realy fun to play.
And the Enforcer realy became one of my new favorites.
But I dont buy him.

Edit:
I dont know but I had a KMDD with the Lynx.
So my little friend. i will never ever touch you.

Edited by Mumuharra, 02 February 2020 - 04:33 AM.

#116 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 02 February 2020 - 04:15 AM

I was starting to wonder who I'd have to **** to get a kill with the Spider, but luckily I'm not reduced to prostituting myself after some glorious gameplay.

#117 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 513 posts

Posted 02 February 2020 - 05:34 AM

View PostBowelhacker, on 02 February 2020 - 04:15 AM, said:

I was starting to wonder who I'd have to **** to get a kill with the Spider, but luckily I'm not reduced to prostituting myself after some glorious gameplay.

You don´t have to get the kill, just focus 1 enemy, do as much damage as you can to him and get the KMDD.

The event was fun. I even changed the loadout on my Enforcer to the trial loadout, after a game with 4 kills and 2 solo kills in the trial variant. Fun little mech.
Sad that the only Bolt-On i´m interested in, knuckles for the Panther, don´t fit the only Panther in my storage, the hero variant.

#118 Bistrorider

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 273 posts

Posted 02 February 2020 - 06:25 AM

View PostGannycus, on 31 January 2020 - 01:56 AM, said:

Weapon progress is not bound with the mech you use to achieve it.

Ok, I get it. Did IS trials as fast as I could (took me few hours, had some problems with Panther. With Spider had little luck. And I stucked with Phoenix for few rounds cause the reds were playing realy good. Tried to play like standard teamplay. Great that I could try some old metas and get some pay of it. Some matches were hilarious (been in a big Panther war) but I stopped bother after few and enjoyed the chaos. Enforcer was cool. Battlemaster still have decent power.

Edited by Bistrorider, 02 February 2020 - 06:32 AM.

#119 Bistrorider

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 273 posts

Posted 02 February 2020 - 10:05 AM

View PostMatt Newman, on 30 January 2020 - 11:17 AM, said:

OK! New account, 1st post, with the Name "Been doing this for 4 years".
Is this your throw away account so you can tell me how you really feel? ... Lemme have it

My Flawed Logic:
  • The Trial Mechs had recently changed
  • I needed to create an event
  • I have had positive feedback in the past about players enjoying using Mechs and or Weapons that they hadn't otherwise
  • Events where I required using weapons players suggested i used weapons equipped on trial mechs so players wouldn't have to purchase them,
  • the possibility of new/or old players trying more or different chassis
  • Changing up the events to keep them from all being the same
  • Goes with the Champion Sale.
I suppose I could have used just the Arctic Cheetah instead of the Arctic Cheetah trial/Champion and I have in the past but this was how it was done this time.

I have already altered the Event...

Posted Image

How about some players contest for a challenge? Create a topic (maybe only with propositions? no chit-chat, cause they might be too much spamming in that topic). PGI staff will choose the best and most coherent challenge proposed and then we gonna play it. Or best 3 (first, second and third place). Players can express their opinion about this or that proposition by "like this post" click to give you some clue about what they like. Or other option. Challenge post with most likes wins. Or we can merge it. PGI will choose one challenge. Players will choose one too. Prizes are obvious. Some mech, MC's etc.

Edited by Bistrorider, 02 February 2020 - 10:46 AM.

#120 Quandoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 220 posts

Posted 02 February 2020 - 10:17 AM

It needs to be something you work on for days, on a single task, which at the end will make you a better player.
Like 1200 dmg with assault, 800 with heavy/medium, 600 with light in one QP game without using LRM.

Nothing where you have to rush around to kill steal to get events done.

Edited by Quandoo, 02 February 2020 - 10:22 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users