#41 Kodyn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 30 January 2020 - 09:56 AM

View PostMatt Newman, on 30 January 2020 - 09:51 AM, said:

Ok so I really regret Saying Try hards, Sorry not my best form.

I am listening to the feedback and I do want to make the events as fun as possible for everyone.
I got a well thought out DM and have realized that I should not have used Solo Kill as a Key metric for each of those mechs.
I did try to keep the requirements reasonable and give ample time.
Unfortunately the issue with Trials load outs (champion mechs) won't be changing.
I will do my best to not repeat this type of event in the future.

This is why you're everyone's favorite Matt. Yeah, it's definitely the solo kills, and at least you're addressing that and plan to take it into consideration for the future, which is all we ask.

#42 K O Z A K

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 30 January 2020 - 09:57 AM

It's ok, screw those tryhards, lol. I think this is a terrible idea, but w/e, if some people can have fun with it, why not, it's just for the duration of the event. Should have called it "Tank with your back armor event"

I really don't understand why after all this time the trial mechs are as bad as they are though. These are meant to introduce new players to the game who can't afford their own mechs yet, so ffs make them good mechs, if not skilled out at least give them proper loadouts and armor allocation. You're just hurting the new player experience because they not only have to overcome their lack of skill, but also you forcing them into using bad loadouts

#43 Tranderas

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 74 posts

Posted 30 January 2020 - 10:01 AM

View PostMatt Newman, on 30 January 2020 - 09:51 AM, said:

I will do my best to not repeat this type of event in the future.

Just like you "tried' not to do TAG events after your little Twitter stunt?

#44 D U N E

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 131 posts

Posted 30 January 2020 - 10:03 AM

Out of intrigue - why can't you guys release new champion mechs (Masters Mechs?) with up to date meta and then put them into the trial pool?
Surely that would be another mech in the store for people to buy and collect - help new players that are going to build their first mech see what a better depiction of meta - and overall give new players a more enjoyable experience.

#45 n00biwan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 147 posts
  • LocationSomerset, UK...

Posted 30 January 2020 - 10:08 AM

Or we could just, embrace the challenge, suck up the handicap and all be in the same boat... dreading certain trials, losing Jarlscore, all hating on the (c)s but doing it anyway. Putting up a good score in a bad mech is satisfying as hell also. :D

At least it's just not another event of everyone fielding their top meta (or lurm) mechs for kmdd and "damage with heavy mech" or whatever.

Not an FP friendly event however. :D

#46 D U N E

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 131 posts

Posted 30 January 2020 - 10:10 AM

To be fair, so long as you have a champion mech, you should in theory be able to play it for the event.
So mist-lynx should be complete able rather easily by taking a the champion lynx with the G build.

#47 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 30 January 2020 - 10:22 AM

Hi Again,

I have go through and I am reducing the requirements on all challenges as well as changing the final "the full set" challenge from Solo Kill to Kill or KMDD.

I'm sorry for my ****** attitude earlier sometimes i get more attached to my ideas than i should and take is personally when folks don't like them! Posted Image But hey I'm only human right? ... guys? Posted Image

#48 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,576 posts

Posted 30 January 2020 - 10:27 AM

View PostMatt Newman, on 30 January 2020 - 08:28 AM, said:

For the Trial Mechs Load outs. The Trial Mechs are all Champion Mechs and the loadouts where set at the time the Champion mech came out. The load outs are not altered after they are created and sold for MC as it would change the value after others have purchased them. (I didn't design the load outs either)

Matt?

Loadouts of Champions/Trial 'Mechs have been changed after their initial release.

I remember that the Champion/Trial Kintaro used to have a pair of MPLs and five LRM-5s. Now it is offered with ER Large Laser, TAG and LRMs, i.e. with a different loadout.

#49 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 30 January 2020 - 10:29 AM

View Postmartian, on 30 January 2020 - 10:27 AM, said:

Matt? Loadouts of Champions/Trial 'Mechs have been changed after their initial release. I remember that the Champion/Trial Kintaro used to have a pair of MPLs and five LRM-5s. Now it is offered with ER Large Laser, TAG and LRMs, i.e. with a different loadout.

For Real? Jeez I had no Idea... Fail #3 for today. Can i go back to bed now or what?Posted Image

#50 The Man with the Plan

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 30 January 2020 - 10:37 AM

Ty Matt for changing the Solo kill to kill or kmdd, that makes a big difference to me Posted Image

Update: Much better, now I am enjoying this!

Edited by The Man with the Plan, 30 January 2020 - 10:57 AM.

#51 Neckomimi

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 January 2020 - 10:39 AM

View PostHazeclaw, on 30 January 2020 - 09:57 AM, said:

...why after all this time the trial mechs are as bad as they are though. These are meant to introduce new players to the game who can't afford their own mechs yet, so ffs make them good mechs, if not skilled out at least give them proper loadouts and armor allocation. You're just hurting the new player experience because they not only have to overcome their lack of skill, but also you forcing them into using bad loadouts

this

#52 SATAN 666

• PipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • 42 posts

Posted 30 January 2020 - 10:49 AM

thanks

View PostMatt Newman, on 30 January 2020 - 10:22 AM, said:

Hi Again,

I have go through and I am reducing the requirements on all challenges as well as changing the final "the full set" challenge from Solo Kill to Kill or KMDD.

I'm sorry for my ****** attitude earlier sometimes i get more attached to my ideas than i should and take is personally when folks don't like them! Posted Image But hey I'm only human right? ... guys? Posted Image

Thanks, thats totally doable now.Even "kill 2 mechs" wouldn't be that hard in my opinopn

#53 Handley Page

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 24 posts

Posted 30 January 2020 - 11:03 AM

So what was the rational behind making the event for the champion variants and not just the chassis? Previous events that included trial mechs didn't force you to either run the champion or trial mech, if you owned the mech you could just run it.

#54 denAirwalkerrr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 30 January 2020 - 11:13 AM

5-7 year old bracketbuild trials chosen by whoever agitated more people to vote for it was/are/most likely will be until servers are shut down one of major contributors to how horrible NPE in MWO is.

Edited by denAirwalkerrr, 30 January 2020 - 11:13 AM.

#55 Renzor the Red

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 325 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSol 3

Posted 30 January 2020 - 11:15 AM

Hi Again,

Oh good god, I was dreading playing match after match with a Spider 5K trying to get a solo kill, lol, but that's so much better. :)

You know what would be even better? Requiring a headshot from each of those mechs.
(JK)

It must be hard for you guys to deal with all of those "way to go, another stupid thing by PGI!" posts and other entitled BS complaining. Tough business to be in. o7

I'll be keeping an eye out for mastery bundles to go on sale in the online store again.

#56 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 30 January 2020 - 11:17 AM

View PostBeen doing this for four years, on 30 January 2020 - 11:03 AM, said:

So what was the rational behind making the event for the champion variants and not just the chassis? Previous events that included trial mechs didn't force you to either run the champion or trial mech, if you owned the mech you could just run it.

OK! New account, 1st post, with the Name "Been doing this for 4 years".
Is this your throw away account so you can tell me how you really feel? ... Lemme have it

My Flawed Logic:
  • The Trial Mechs had recently changed
  • I needed to create an event
  • I have had positive feedback in the past about players enjoying using Mechs and or Weapons that they hadn't otherwise
  • Events where I required using weapons players suggested i used weapons equipped on trial mechs so players wouldn't have to purchase them,
  • the possibility of new/or old players trying more or different chassis
  • Changing up the events to keep them from all being the same
  • Goes with the Champion Sale.
I suppose I could have used just the Arctic Cheetah instead of the Arctic Cheetah trial/Champion and I have in the past but this was how it was done this time.

I have already altered the Event...

Posted Image

#57 -Winter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 156 posts

Posted 30 January 2020 - 11:20 AM

I'm not going to complain. I was dreading the 16 solo kills especially that trial mist lynx. KMDD is doable. It's good to hear from the dev team. You guys should do it more often, might raise moral :)

#58 Simos The Greek

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 30 January 2020 - 11:24 AM

View PostCycKath, on 30 January 2020 - 03:44 AM, said:

"I can't do this in Trials, I guess I'll have to buy Champions then!"

Yeah naaaaaah....

You got me twice. I am not pro like you, and i will never buy Champion mech.
Even Matt (t4) cant do this event, thats why he is tryning to fix it.
He cant afford Champion mechs!

Matt, i wish there were more people like you. Needs guts to admit mistakes.
You have my respect.

#59 Bravado

• PipPipPip
  • Colonel
  • Colonel
  • 56 posts

Posted 30 January 2020 - 11:38 AM

Hi Again,

Personally i wasn't all too thrilled with the Requirements but the Intention was good. So thx for that.

Still not sure on the Human Part though Posted Image

#60 Mumuharra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 30 January 2020 - 12:00 PM

Wow, the best event since a long time.
I 100% enjoy playing mechs I never would buy.
And as C-mechs they are well equipped and good to play.
Not the typical garbage trial mechs.

This reminds me the time when we had the rule-of-three and had to master many different mechs.
Some of the "garbage" became my favorites.

Well, after a short time in mw5 its good to be back.
So much more fun and challenging.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users