Any Theories On Why Anti Nascar Is So Effective?

80 replies to this topic

#61 Dauntless Blint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 408 posts
  • LocationPlaying other games.

Posted 24 March 2020 - 12:28 AM

In my opinion it's not what it used to be, as heat nerfs and armor buff killed assaults ability to be scary. I used to pride myself on spearheading anti rotation with assaults. No one shepards assaults anymore and the firepower can't buy your way out of 1v1's fast enough, the dakka/heat-management isn't up to it anymore.
When coupled with small maps it breaks slow assaults outright, not to mention the heat bug.

I don't enjoy my favourite IS assault mechs anymore. I just casual my way along and try and prove builds that don't work as intended. I don't mind giving metrics. It might help future games.

#62 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 24 March 2020 - 01:02 AM

View PostDauntless Blint, on 24 March 2020 - 12:28 AM, said:

In my opinion it's not what it used to be, as heat nerfs and armor buff killed assaults ability to be scary. I used to pride myself on spearheading anti rotation with assaults. No one shepards assaults anymore and the firepower can't buy your way out of 1v1's fast enough, the dakka/heat-management isn't up to it anymore.
When coupled with small maps it breaks slow assaults outright, not to mention the heat bug.

I don't enjoy my favourite IS assault mechs anymore. I just casual my way along and try and prove builds that don't work as intended. I don't mind giving metrics. It might help future games.

^^ Guy puts 4 RAC2s on a Sleipnir and shoots em all at once. Then complains about dakka/heat-management not being up to it. That boys and girls is the best possible example of the word "clueless".

#63 Dauntless Blint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 408 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 01:18 AM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 24 March 2020 - 01:02 AM, said:

^^ Guy puts 4 RAC2s on a Sleipnir and shoots em all at once. Then complains about dakka/heat-management not being up to it. That boys and girls is the best possible example of the word "clueless".

Looks at account: I don't even own a Sleipnir

I used to run KGC with XL360 and half armor and 4xUac5's + LPL and (8) ? tons ammo and get like 1800 damage games. 11kills in quick match being my best.
Please don't make **** up ...you "clueless" monkey.
A lot has changed in 5 years.

Edited by Dauntless Blint, 24 March 2020 - 01:23 AM.

#64 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 01:34 AM

View PostDauntless Blint, on 24 March 2020 - 01:18 AM, said:

I used to run KGC with XL360 and half armor and 4xUac5's + LPL and (8) ? tons ammo and get like 1800 damage games. 11kills in quick match being my best.
Please don't make **** up ...you "clueless" monkey.

Ironic really. But please do continue to make a fool of yourself further.

#65 Dauntless Blint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 408 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 01:40 AM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 24 March 2020 - 01:34 AM, said:

Ironic really. But please do continue to make a fool of yourself further.

Because your full of ****? and making up stories? you assume I am too? that's not how it works.

#66 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 01:55 AM

View PostDauntless Blint, on 24 March 2020 - 01:40 AM, said:

Because your full of ****? and making up stories? you assume I am too? that's not how it works.

Guy with an average match score of 200 claims he got 11(!) kills and multiple(!) 1800 dmg games in an XL(!) KingCrab.
Classic really.
As to who is full of ****, I'll let you decide dear audience.

#67 Dauntless Blint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 408 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 02:03 AM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 24 March 2020 - 01:55 AM, said:

Guy with an average match score of 200 claims he got 11(!) kills and multiple(!) 1800 dmg games in an XL(!) KingCrab.
Classic really.

Good I win,"I'll let you decide dear audience"<< what a bum licker. I stopped playing for a few years. My old name was CorditeJunkie and I did that all the time, it was the only mech I played really. you forgot to add: half armor. My best game I think was around 2400 damage. But really it would be 800-1200 damage +1-3 kills on average back then.
Were you ever that good with fatties? Did you discover that assaults were glass cannons and inversely lights were tanks too?

Kira, PainGod, TheBEEF, there were assault pilots that did it all the time it's not like it was hard if you had the nack average 800-1200+damage games all the time.
I miss that meta. When the Dire Wolf and KGC were something to fear head on.

Polaris, Red, Axe, Niko Cortez, Nemesis? Snow? forget it's been so long but they'd be my witness.

Edited by Dauntless Blint, 24 March 2020 - 03:08 AM.

#68 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 03:17 AM

View PostDauntless Blint, on 24 March 2020 - 02:03 AM, said:

Good I win, I stopped playing for a few years. My old name was CorditeJunkie and I did that all the time, it was the only mech I played really. you forgot to add: half armor. My best game I think was around 2400 damage. But really it would be 800-1200 damage +1 kill on average back then.
Were you ever that good? Did you discover that assaults were glass cannons and inversely lights were tanks too?

Kira, PainGod, TheBEEF, there were assault pilots that did it all the time ...average 800-1200+damage games.
I miss that meta.

Polaris, Red, Axe, Niko Cortez, Snow? forget it's been so long.

Its so classical its not even fun ...

Of course he had a name change. And of course he stopped playing. And obviously he averaged 1000k dmg. In a mech with half the armor no less.

And of course (unlike pretty much every actually good player) he somehow couldn't get his "groove" back.
And of course (even though he came back in January 19') he didn't have the time (4000+ matches played) to re-learn and adapt (like you know, actually good players do), or at the very least get himself out of sub-mediocrity.

And surely assaults (statistically the best performing class of all) are glass cannons.
And surely lights are unkillable tanks (for those with potatoe aim).
And surely the most recent heat changes (that increased heat dissipation rates thus increasing sustained DPS, i.e. more dakka) have made your dakka worse.
And surely thats the reason why you can't "buy your way out of a 1v1" (whatever that means) in an assault (THE best performing, THE most dangerous mech class) and why assaults (again, THE best performing, THE most dangerous mech class) aren't "scary".

And somehow a list of randomly thrown names nobody heard of plus TheBEEF is supposed to make it ... plausible? lol

Sadly, none of them are/were top tier players, not even TheBEEF. Even sadder (for you) is that not even the toppest top players are averaging 1k dmg per match. Like ... nope. Naa-ah.

Me? I'm not a top tier player, not anymore. But even though I've stopped caring about my performance all that much since about 5 years ago, I still somehow (must be haxx) manage to average nearly double what you do while consitently remaining a 98%+ percentile player. Regardless of any nerfs and changes. And regardless of a played mech class.

And unlike you, my dear formerly-elite (in your own head) player, I still manage to significantly increase my team's winning chances, not decrease them. It just might have something to do with not trying to shoot four RACs at once.

So thanks on behalf of the forum for your potatoe stories fun minute. Its been much less fun than we'd hoped for since it checked pretty much every potatoe stereotype box and introduced little new. But hey, one can't be picky these days.

#69 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,608 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 03:26 AM

I had a quick laugh at least

Posted Image

#70 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 24 March 2020 - 04:29 AM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 24 March 2020 - 01:55 AM, said:

Posted Image

Edited by VonBruinwald, 24 March 2020 - 04:37 AM.

#71 Brauer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 04:50 AM

View PostDauntless Blint, on 24 March 2020 - 12:28 AM, said:

There are a lot of scary assaults and dakka is the meta. See the Sleipnir, Annihilator, Blood Asp, and Mad Cat Mk II. Assaults are, as always, the highest performing class.

Obviously you shouldn't yolo into the enemy team, but if you position well a decent assault can swing games fairly easily.

#72 Kubernetes

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 11:15 AM

Anyone want to take a bet that the same galaxy brains who whine about nascar also quote Sun Tzu in their daily lives?

#73 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 24 March 2020 - 11:29 AM

View PostKubernetes, on 24 March 2020 - 11:15 AM, said:

Anyone want to take a bet that the same galaxy brains who whine about nascar also quote Sun Tzu in their daily lives?

The superior man is satisfied and composed; the mean man is always full of distress.

#74 Dauntless Blint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 408 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 12:50 AM

View PostBrauer, on 24 March 2020 - 04:50 AM, said:

There are a lot of scary assaults and dakka is the meta. See the Sleipnir, Annihilator, Blood Asp, and Mad Cat Mk II. Assaults are, as always, the highest performing class.

Obviously you shouldn't yolo into the enemy team, but if you position well a decent assault can swing games fairly easily.

I agree, (I feel dirty using them sometimes) but since the skill tree was released specifically my favorite the KGC is not what it used to be. With armor increase across the board burst and sustained damage was effectively reduced. Plus the loss from the old way we used to buy skill modules for heat efficiency, cooldown and range etc.
It's still not the same power to break a rotation as we had back then.

Edit: I don't build for ammo capacity at the cost of armor today, interesting to see that dude lose his ****. I don't even build to win, I just build for fun.
The puritans would crucify me for putting more than 2-3 weapon types on a build for instance and call it stupid. It's not stupid if you already understand your breaking synergy for complexity: because fun.
Heat bug and damage reg alone... that's where I left off.

Edited by Dauntless Blint, 25 March 2020 - 01:13 AM.

#75 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 25 March 2020 - 01:33 AM

View PostDauntless Blint, on 24 March 2020 - 02:03 AM, said:

Good I win,"I'll let you decide dear audience"<< what a bum licker. I stopped playing for a few years. My old name was CorditeJunkie and I did that all the time, it was the only mech I played really. you forgot to add: half armor. My best game I think was around 2400 damage. But really it would be 800-1200 damage +1-3 kills on average back then.
Were you ever that good with fatties? Did you discover that assaults were glass cannons and inversely lights were tanks too?

Are you talking about QP or FW? Also, an easy way to fix your inaccuracy here is for you to play Commando or something that "just can't be killed" and see where you line up in Jarl's.

#76 Dauntless Blint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 408 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 02:21 AM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 25 March 2020 - 01:33 AM, said:

Are you talking about QP or FW? Also, an easy way to fix your inaccuracy here is for you to play Commando or something that "just can't be killed" and see where you line up in Jarl's.

QP no joke. It would have been 12 but the only other surviving player (a Raven) on our team put one? medium laser into the cherry red CT of the last guy and killed him while me and him were both shutdown in clutch both CT cherry red. I can remember people commenting on how I didn't blow up at the young guy for nabbing the killing blow. I was so ecstatic about the game it wasn't until later and right now too for instance that it sucks, So close but so far and I can't slap "DeathStar" on there for vanity to shut PhoenixFire55 up. If the Tier system worked I would have been a legitimate Tier 2 contender back then. Could only get that sort of damage if you forgo armor for ammo on the old KGC. It did get nerfed, maybe it was OP and a crutch. I'm pretty sure Uac5's have been nerfed since then too. I loved ballistic builds. I aimed to time my shot's in the 75th percentile of the cooldown to maintain high sustain damage. It's redundant,defunct knowledge now.

To play that hard I might start to develop a bad attitude like Phoenix? and I'm admittedly garbage at lights, always have been. I've always played assaults and then sometimes the other stuff I've got in my small inventory.
To be fair lag shield and the faster speed times of circa pre skill tree is what I was referring to but the logic still stands, missed shots are 100% damage mitigation. That's just conveying my game theory. I saw a guy "ArcherRus" cause over 2000 damage in a Flea once over the ridge of the Old Caustic map by himself against the entire enemy team while we sat for a few seconds potatoing. He'd (over) heated the entire enemy team We rallied and surged over the ridge to win and he survived the match best play I've ever seen. You can't say an assault could do that much damage mitigation. I owe that lesson to him.

Edited by Dauntless Blint, 27 March 2020 - 07:37 PM.

#77 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 25 March 2020 - 03:49 AM

View PostDauntless Blint, on 25 March 2020 - 02:21 AM, said:

To play that hard I might start to develop a bad attitude like Phoenix?

He's normally not so bad. I'm guessing he's under quarantine and going a little stir crazy so don't take anything he says personal.

View PostDauntless Blint, on 25 March 2020 - 02:21 AM, said:

You can't say an assault could do that much damage mitigation.

The correct term is health pooling Posted Image

#78 JadePanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 967 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 09:51 AM

Posted Image

Just my theory

#79 MrXanthios

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 186 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 03:12 PM

Is it though? I had plenty of teams that anti nascared and were brutalized.

#80 Peace2U

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 04:44 PM

View PostMrXanthios, on 26 March 2020 - 03:12 PM, said:

Is it though? I had plenty of teams that anti nascared and were brutalized.

I have on occasion as well, MrX, but I found that if the team commits to clockwise rotation the highest percentage of the time it culminates in a win.
It appears that the folks that automatically turn right and rotate to the left are accustomed to running at top speed trying to catch up with some slow assaults that were left behind by the opposing team (doing the same thing), but are surprised to run into assaults and heavies facing them and having to eat some laser vomit and daka while they disperse.
By the time their heavy hitters catch up, enough damage was done to turn the tide to the opposing team.

Again, this only works with team commitment.
If half the team goes one way and half the other, the results are far less favorable.
Peace.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users