97 replies to this topic

#41 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,700 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 12:34 AM

View PostCold Soul, on 25 March 2020 - 12:09 AM, said:

But you know of course it is, why be so coy?

You have accused a significant part of MWO playerbase of cheating ("there are a lot of cheaters out there.").

So I am asking you to show us what you are basing your cheating accusations upon.

I am sure that you have a lot of screenshots showing cheaters in action, stats, etc. Surely you have an archive full of such proofs of cheating, especially recent ones.

Is it so difficult to support your accusations with some proofs?

#42 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 25 March 2020 - 12:37 AM

What is "Recon and tactical" ?

Is it the legendary "take a stealth locust with 3 small lasers, run around and not shoot the enemy for the whole match" strategy?

#43 Bows3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 229 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • Location3 time World Champion

Posted 25 March 2020 - 01:18 AM

View PostCold Soul, on 25 March 2020 - 12:09 AM, said:

Remember if unhappy in your current unit, think about joining us. Just remember we don't tolerate cheating in any form, otherwise come join our jolly lil team.

Hello, how can I join your unit? I would like to join, if you would have me.

#44 Adrianone211

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 01:43 AM

Big claim about there being lots of cheaters out there cold. Lots of people worried you have proof asking to see it. Lol

#45 denAirwalkerrr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 02:14 AM

@OP

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/394905200

Posted Image

#46 Adrianone211

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 02:32 AM

Confess Left one out

#47 Temporary Axis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 117 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 02:33 AM

View PostBows3r, on 25 March 2020 - 01:18 AM, said:

Hello, how can I join your unit? I would like to join, if you would have me.

Don't do it.

This guy is a renown cheater that uses the hacks called 'skill' and 'meta'.

This is directly in contradiction with NWRT's core beliefs of not improving as you play the game. Please refer to your member players stats to confirm.

Keep the faith and remember.... It is the players who are wrong.

#48 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 25 March 2020 - 04:04 AM

View PostRWTumbleWeed, on 24 March 2020 - 08:27 AM, said:

Challenging Cold-Soul to produce "evidence" of cheating seems again, shallow and somewhat of a cop-out.

HAHAHAHAHHAA

Yeah cause asking for proof of "cheating" is a cop-out.

Do you know in 3 years of seeing people claim others are "cheating" on a weekly basis. I am yet to see one SINGLE shred of evidence to back up ANY of the claims which would be in the 1,000s by now without a doubt.

How about you just stop misleading players in your NWRT unit. How anyone can be in a unit that actively sabotages and works to LOWER player abilities... I'll never understand.

View PostCold Soul, on 24 March 2020 - 11:04 PM, said:

I'll reply to this post that accuses me of not knowing how to play a slower mech, even though there has been a few that mention this. I run a Linebacker morons, what makes you assume I run a slow mech. NASCAR is a CANCER of team spirit and support, with 104kph I could NASCAR with the best of them, I choose not to.

You don't know though?

Your match score put your in the BOTTOM 30% of the playerbase. That is well, well below average.

So no - you do not have any idea how to play a slower mech, let alone MWO.

#49 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 25 March 2020 - 04:06 AM

View PostNavid A1, on 25 March 2020 - 12:37 AM, said:

What is "Recon and tactical" ?

Is it the legendary "take a stealth locust with 3 small lasers, run around and not shoot the enemy for the whole match" strategy?

And not receive recognition for the work you did spotting for your Lrm assaults who scored all the damage and kills.

View PostAdrianone211, on 25 March 2020 - 01:43 AM, said:

Big claim about there being lots of cheaters out there cold. Lots of people worried you have proof asking to see it. Lol

I might be one of those proofs. I normally spam something in chat at the beginning of match, something about nascar or a song about how clanners suck, you know, a bit of preamble. But sometimes I post things like this:

|||Blast_processing "0"|||
|||Mode_7 "Enabled"|||

#50 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 25 March 2020 - 05:12 AM

Those users have been banned and there is no footage there that isn't over 3 years old.

So actually refute my comment, please?

I mean there hasn't been a SINGLE clip or video I've seen posted anywhere - and trust me when I say I have seen plenty - that has had any actual hacking in it.

Quite simply hacking/cheating is less than 0.1% in this game.

#51 Brauer

• 1,066 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 05:15 AM

[Removed post]

[Redacted]

Maybe share some recent evidence of someone cheating rather than trotting out examples from several years ago where the perpetrators were banned. Nobody has said MWO is hack-proof or that players haven't cheated in the past. The argument against these poorly informed hackusations as I see it is actually that 1) a lot of bad players make hackusations because they are bad and can't (or refuse to) recognize the difference between competent or high level play and cheating, 2) cheating is not common and the number of players actually cheating is far lower than the number who are accused of cheating, and 3) that when people make hackusations they need to offer some proof to back up their claims.

EDIT:
You should also recognize that the examples you provided prove the opposite of your point! Those players were BANNED for cheating. If Eglar was still an active account it would help your argument, instead it shows that PGI took action against a cheater and actually supports the argument that cheating is not a large problem in this game and that hackusations are massively more common than they should be.

#52 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 25 March 2020 - 05:25 AM

Funny the THREE USERS trying to claim, falsely, there are hacks / cheats and all associated are common etc.

I'll give you a hint - the common factor isn't cheating/exploiting.

The common factor is extreme low skill users just have no concept or idea what is going on.

#53 Kodyn

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 25 March 2020 - 05:34 AM

View PostCold Soul, on 24 March 2020 - 11:04 PM, said:

I'll reply to this post that accuses me of not knowing how to play a slower mech, even though there has been a few that mention this. I run a Linebacker morons, what makes you assume I run a slow mech. NASCAR is a CANCER of team spirit and support, with 104kph I could NASCAR with the best of them, I choose not to.

I assumed you run a slow mech because 99% of threads complaining about Nascar are filled with potatoes that think 48-52 kph is too slow to keep up. You also made an idiotic thread ranting about really stupid drivel and keep reinforcing that, so we naturally assume the worst about you in general. One of the only real reasons we need mods around here is to lock trash like this thread that's obviously just designed to bait a debate the OP is never going to win, except within their own mind.

#54 Polish Hammer

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5 posts
  • LocationPoland duuuuh :P

Posted 25 March 2020 - 06:12 AM

Seriously.
You are arguing with Tumbleweed and what's left of NWRT after whoever was sane there left that unit? (Seriously - ask TW about number of ACTIVE players.... Not people who logged last time in 2015)

I'm new to this game, proudly having fun in tier 5 and not willing to go up. But it seems that I have more wisdom than most of PRO players out here.... Posted Image

I saw aimbot once in action, and once I saw cheat with cooldown times (both reported). For few hundred drops that I did in my short time it's miniscule amount (for comparison - every second match in TF2 had an aimbotting sniper - even with vac banning and strict valve security).

And yet PRO players argue with a tinfoil hat wearing bush and his sect..... Oh boy. What a time to live in.

Edited by Polish Hammer, 25 March 2020 - 06:13 AM.

#55 Bistrorider

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 273 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 06:30 AM

Little appeal for assaults pilots in QP. There is always option to do things little different. You see NASCAR is coming or team is moving fast and spreading out? Stay together as a LANCE. Don't try to keep up. Take some good position at the beginning of the match, somewhere near where the fight will go, and hold and cover your ***sses. With little luck and some skills assaults lance can overcome almost anything. Imo the problem is also in assaults pilots behavior and I think it sometimes goes for all of us. When playing assaults many desperately try to keep up, get into a fight to help the team, do some decent damage. Imo the assaults are the worst organized lance from all mech types. Also I think that teams which spreading to much from the beginning of the match are the ones that are mostly unsuccessful. And that spreading is one of the things that impose NASCAR

Edited by Bistrorider, 25 March 2020 - 07:23 AM.

#56 MechWarrior319123

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 06:40 AM

View PostCold Soul, on 24 March 2020 - 05:53 AM, said:

Some form of constant or near constant checking of game files for cheat corruption is in order as well, sadly there are a lot of cheaters out there.

YEA dude! You are 39 percentile because cheaters are ruining the game!

LOL

please, keep writing!!

I got a lot of popcorn!

View Postletir, on 24 March 2020 - 01:12 PM, said:

Maybe because you can actually circle faster than enemies, because you using inner circle? And top team also have big advantage in poking/poptarting, while bottom team forced to use narrow ramps for attack?

Middle structure on Mining Collective also have simlar advantages of big, covered platfrom which allow for better poking positions against most of the map.

But ppl to afraid to take shots from enemy to advance and engage on this positions. Better to go round around rosie in the hope of seeing enemy back, assaults be damned.

why bottom team IS FORCED to go up into the ramp?

Because noobs can aim only at 100m range?

#57 MechWarrior319123

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 06:44 AM

View PostPurplePuke, on 24 March 2020 - 07:09 PM, said:

New players shouldn't drive assault mechs.

You made a point here.
As assaults require positioning, and new players have no clue about it :D

#58 Valdarion Silarius

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationWubbing and dakkaing everyone in best jellyfish mech

Posted 25 March 2020 - 07:31 AM

I run a 54 kmph and a 63 Rifleman IIC for most of my solo que games. Positioning is key to staying alive if room temperature IQ team mates decide to Nascar. I definitely feel your pain OP, but there are things that you can do to stay alive if you get left behind. A good tactic is to shut down and hide in a spot, until your potato team mates regroup with you on the other side of the Nascar chase. If you die due to Nascar and don't want to conform to playing 81kmph+ mechs in QP, I recommend buying multiple versions of the same mech and re-que until you find a better team willing to coordinate with each other.

#59 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 25 March 2020 - 07:45 AM

View PostCold Soul, on 25 March 2020 - 06:31 AM, said:

MWAHAHAHA
Man you are arrogant, I can check Jarls List as well, you played 53 games this Feb, none in QP and your BRAYING to the wind you know it all. That there are no cheats in MWO ,that its unhackable, well prove that dearest, its as much pissing into the wind as what you ask me to do. My opinion still stand, that there are cheats in MWO.

Absolutely I'm arrogant. I'm also far above your level it's almost sad. I'm one of the best players still playing - I'm also one of the players that understands this game to the most tiny of details. You don't even know how the data pull works????

I played 53 games in Feb, in Quick Play. Do you not understand how to read the public data API? How can you claim I played "none in Quickplay" when that is all the API reports on - QUICK PLAY?

Once again you are showing your absolutely disgracefully low level of understanding when it comes to ANYTHING to do with MWO.

That there are no cheats in MWO ,that its unhackable, well prove that dearest, its as much pissing into the wind as what you ask me to do. My opinion still stand, that there are cheats in MWO.

I never said it was unhackable. I said that no one was actively using cheats/hacks.

You have claimed this. Therefore the onus is on YOU to prove/back up your claim. Thus far you're just making everything up.

I played 380 games in QP in the same period and had fun in every game, won, lost or routed. I bet you played with your lips pursed like you just sucked a lemon in each of your 53 games, IMO.

I played 53 games. Won 6.5 games for every 1 lost. I assure you had plenty of fun. The stats I produce is what most players can only dream of.

I glad I'm such an unskilled *******, rolling along an have a great time, wouldn't swap places with you for billions buddy. IMO your a dried up, pursed lipped old stick, who plays faction games when a suitable bad team can be found to play against. Now admittedly its in my imagination, so being a ******* I maybe wrong. Me I'm just rolling thru tier 2 like a ******** puppy with an overly big drooly tongue hanging out, see you in tier 1 shortly if your there

So you really do think Jarls List records Faction Games...

lol. It only records QUICK PLAY. There is no API for Faction Play data.

The more you type the dumber you make yourself out to be.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 25 March 2020 - 07:48 AM.

#60 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 25 March 2020 - 08:06 AM

[Removed post]

In seriousness, do a forum search for Nascar, there was a fairly detailed thread about it not long ago (it did turn into nonsense eventually). The key takeaway is that many factors encourage it, and it's unlikely to change short of someone drop calling in a very charismatic way. Until then, the best strategy is to know where your team is moving to and to stay a step ahead if you are in a slow 'Mech. It's definitely possible.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users