#61 VonBruinwald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 25 March 2020 - 08:08 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 25 March 2020 - 05:12 AM, said:

Those users have been banned and there is no footage there that isn't over 3 years old.

I mean there hasn't been a SINGLE clip or video I've seen posted anywhere - and trust me when I say I have seen plenty - that has had any actual hacking in it.

Quite simply hacking/cheating is less than 0.1% in this game.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying cheating/hacking is rampant, but it has happened (as I evidenced), and only a fool would believe it can't happen again. The argument only bad players encounter them is also rather foolish. If you think about it, a player in T5/4/3 is more likely to encounter a hacker because everyone starts in T5; including the hackers, the odds of climbing to T1 without being noticed are quite slim if people are reporting and PGI are doing their job (lol).

Really though, PGI are in the best position to tell us if there's hacks currently in use and it's their policy not to discuss this subject. You are far more likely to get a response from them than me given your previous private meetings with them. Could you perhaps ask them to post something publicly on the matter to clarify the subject for everyone, accusers and defenders?

#62 MechWarrior319123

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 08:11 AM

View PostRickySpanish, on 25 March 2020 - 08:06 AM, said:

In seriousness, do a forum search for Nascar, there was a fairly detailed thread about it not long ago (it did turn into nonsense eventually). The key takeaway is that many factors encourage it, and it's unlikely to change short of someone drop calling in a very charismatic way. Until then, the best strategy is to know where your team is moving to and to stay a step ahead if you are in a slow 'Mech. It's definitely possible.

Yea, pleanty of chitchat "callers" with no clue.... this is sad, it seems that the less a player understands the game, the more he wants to call.

It's the reason why my VOIP is off.

#63 Brauer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 08:17 AM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 25 March 2020 - 08:08 AM, said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying cheating/hacking is rampant, but it has happened (as I evidenced), and only a fool would believe it can't happen again. The argument only bad players encounter them is also rather foolish. If you think about it, a player in T5/4/3 is more likely to encounter a hacker because everyone starts in T5; including the hackers, the odds of climbing to T1 without being noticed are quite slim if people are reporting and PGI are doing their job (lol).

Really though, PGI are in the best position to tell us if there's hacks currently in use and it's their policy not to discuss this subject. You are far more likely to get a response from them than me given your previous private meetings with them. Could you perhaps ask them to post something publicly on the matter to clarify the subject for everyone, accusers and defenders?

The reason bad players "encounter cheats" is that they can't distinguish competent or high level play from cheating. This is an issue with community members making false accusations all the time, much more than it is an issue of people using hacks. A very small percentage of people MIGHT use hacks, but there is no evidence that cheating is going on in any meaningful volume, much less to the degree that poor-performing players claim.

#64 BeCause

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 08:31 AM

One thing to keep in mind, OPs unit is run by Tumbleweed, who after 40 thousand mathes, is still in Tier 5. Dude is a professional potato.

#65 Kodyn

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 25 March 2020 - 08:37 AM

Is Jarl's even updated yet? Last I checked it was a season behind, making me appear even more tatery than I am normally.

You're arguing with someone that, love or hate, is a well-known upper tier player, in public, and acting like anyone is going to take your side. You're receiving the same arguments from Ash all the way down to tater tots. Instead of assuming conspiracy, blaming the community, thinking that you and your unit are somehow onto something that no one else has caught- maybe take a look in the mirror. Most of us have seen little to no cheating over the course of more than half a decade in this game. Most of us play the game certain ways for certain reasons. If you can't or refuse to understand the basics of MWO, that doesn't make you a revolutionary, that just makes you ignorant and isolated.

If you enjoy role-playing some tactical recon genius who really gets what's going on in the MWO community, has seen behind the curtain and found rampant cheating that no one else has, and who will stubbornly argue any point no matter how wrong- then I guess enjoy, "do you" man.

#66 Brauer

• 1,066 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 08:57 AM

View PostKodyn, on 25 March 2020 - 08:37 AM, said:

Is Jarl's even updated yet? Last I checked it was a season behind, making me appear even more tatery than I am normally.

Jarl's always pulls data at the end of a season. It generally updates the day a season ends.

Edited by Brauer, 25 March 2020 - 09:05 AM.

#67 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 25 March 2020 - 09:18 AM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 25 March 2020 - 08:08 AM, said:

Really? Tier 5 users are more likely to encounter a hacker?

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

It is not a season behind Posted Image

The monthly stats are current. First season was 2 months, in then API, that's the issue there.

#68 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 25 March 2020 - 09:33 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 25 March 2020 - 09:18 AM, said:

It is not a season behind Posted Image

The monthly stats are current. First season was 2 months, in then API, that's the issue there.

I think what he's referring to is the stats for the current season.

Jarl's only displays the results for completed seasons. That means March's progress won't be posted until April.

#69 denAirwalkerrr

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 09:43 AM

View PostBeCause, on 25 March 2020 - 08:31 AM, said:

One thing to keep in mind, OPs unit is run by Tumbleweed, who after 40 thousand mathes, is still in Tier 5. Dude is a professional potato.

Oh that clarifies a few things. Wonder if op tries running into enemy teams to drop UAV as assault and then play pocket Napoleon.

Edited by denAirwalkerrr, 25 March 2020 - 09:44 AM.

#70 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 25 March 2020 - 09:46 AM

Last season you scored 72% which is your highest rated season since Jun '18 (79%). Your tattery goodness is nothing to be ashamed of.

#71 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,511 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 25 March 2020 - 10:03 AM

View PostdenAirwalkerrr, on 25 March 2020 - 09:38 AM, said:

4 years into MWO still hilarious how many mechdads playing the game can't embrace a simple fact that they are ******* trash in the game and proceed hackusating with absolutely 0 sources that aren't 3-4 years old.

Posted Image

Oi, I'm a new Mechdad and all I have noticed is that I have a little bit more empathy and patience. My stats have actually improved since my child was born... Also one day, we'll aaaall be Mechdads my friend ;)

#72 denAirwalkerrr

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 10:13 AM

View PostRickySpanish, on 25 March 2020 - 10:03 AM, said:

Oi, I'm a new Mechdad and all I have noticed is that I have a little bit more empathy and patience. My stats have actually improved since my child was born... Also one day, we'll aaaall be Mechdads my friend Posted Image

I have no issues with majority who just simply play the game and enjoy themselves with no crap attached.

#73 Black Caiman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Thumper
  • The Thumper
  • 101 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 10:17 AM

View PostdenAirwalkerrr, on 25 March 2020 - 10:13 AM, said:

I have no issues with majority who just simply play the game and enjoy themselves with no crap attached.

Yep for those who just want to go shoot, explode, repeat their is quickplay. For those who want to shoot, explode, but also use some tactics their is faction. For those who want to try and be the best and prove it their is comp play. Something for everyone here!

#74 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,511 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 10:48 AM

View PostdenAirwalkerrr, on 25 March 2020 - 10:13 AM, said:

Of course, I was just pulling your leg =)

#75 Stormpaw

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 66 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 11:18 AM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 25 March 2020 - 11:15 AM, said:

Feel free to continue being wrong mr. liar.

lol, why don't you turn your tier on for a day and prove to him he's wrong? it would take less time than writing your last post

#76 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 25 March 2020 - 11:56 AM

View PostStormpaw, on 25 March 2020 - 11:18 AM, said:

lol, why don't you turn your tier on for a day and prove to him he's wrong?

I did consider that but there's several reasons not to.

I could make the argument of principles, that tier, rank and stats has no merit on a persons character, I don't display my rank because I don't think it matters, just like I don't care much for my stats. PFire is a different breed of players. He sees rank and stats as the endgame. If his stats are higher then he's right and you're wrong. I've got no illusion about PFire either, even if I choose to prove him wrong he's not going to apologies, nor will he go back and strike his prior accusations, nor will it make anything I say in the future of more importance or automatically correct. If anything he'll just try and find something else to accuse me of.

I made the half-joke "What's in it for me?", and there isn't really an incentive.

#77 Stormpaw

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 66 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 12:31 PM

I see :)

what was in it for you to write that paragraph as a response? you could have literally turned it on in your settings in that time and shown him and everyone else he was wrong, not that it makes any difference whatsoever

the idea that tier today shows much of anything regarding a players performance is a joke but you continuing to not do something so easy, while writing responses as to why you don't do it just makes it look like he's right and you're lying

#78 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 25 March 2020 - 02:34 PM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 25 March 2020 - 11:56 AM, said:

I did consider that but there's several reasons not to

Such as the fact there are players in 36th percentile who are in Tier 1 anyway despite being worse than half the playerbase.

View PostAlan Hicks, on 24 March 2020 - 08:29 AM, said:

Still if no one says nothing, nascar seems to be the "automatic trend", specially on some maps.
Nascar is a result of faster mechs trying to flank (which is reasonable) and overweight sheep following them instead of holding position (which generally is not). About a minute later they can no longer AFFORD to stop because if they did the entire team would be badly outflanked - and the same is true of the opfor.

View PostRWTumbleWeed, on 24 March 2020 - 08:27 AM, said:

Leaving your Charlie lance out to dry while perusing personal ambitions of "event-farming" or "tier-upping" is not what in my honest opinion, PGI has in mind for the Quick-Play battlefield environment.
It's not what is happening. Pugs are just often going every man for himself rather than making deliberate tactical decisions to screw over their heaviest lance.

TBH I've often enough seen Charlie lance screw over itself and the rest of their team through sheer mind-boggling stupidity.
Going on sightseeing trips halfway around the map, "trying to hold the line" on their lonesome against THE ENTIRE ENEMY TEAM PUSHING IN THEIR DIRECTION (srsly ppl, when someone tells you to GET A F***ING MOVE ON try to listen next time), AFKing a good three minutes into the match despite multiple calls on comms, capping Sigma on Grim Conquest in a DWF... the list goes on.

Abandoning your team-mates to your friends on the enemy team, so that you can take turns "stat-padding" each-other for two-hour meta-gaming sessions,
And that isn't what is happening either. See above - if Charlie can squeeze out some coordination with the rest of the team, there's no issue. Nobody's going to babysit deadweights - better losing one deadweight clown than that AND a mediocre-to-decent player together.

again, is not in my view, the game developers' vision of "proper" game-play conduct...
In any PvP game there are two sides.
One can either skill up and have good odds to be the one who delivers the beating or to forever remain bleating.

Challenging Cold-Soul to produce "evidence" of cheating seems again, shallow and somewhat of a cop-out.
If he makes an assertion, the onus is on him to provide evidence that backs his claim. That's how burden of proof works. I would hope we've learned that after the Spanish Inquisition, Salem Witch Trials and numerous other "guilty until proven innocent" approaches.

I'd like to suggest "participating" in the discussion, rather than dissecting someone's post to subsequently shoot it down...
Participating in a discussion is not equivalent to unconditionally agreeing with the OP. Dissecting their claims to shoot them down is absolutely a valid form of participation.

Edited by Horseman, 25 March 2020 - 11:10 PM.

#79 R Valentine

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 06:25 PM

Everyone claims they hate NASCAR, but then HPG or Mining Collective comes up and you guys can't vote for it fast enough. Don't pretend to hate NASCAR. You just hate it when you're the team who loses.

#80 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,511 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 06:48 PM

View PostKiran Yagami, on 25 March 2020 - 06:25 PM, said:

Everyone claims they hate NASCAR, but then HPG or Mining Collective comes up and you guys can't vote for it fast enough. Don't pretend to hate NASCAR. You just hate it when you're the team who loses.

I used to hate it, but then I thought about why it happens and realised it was the logical conclusion of years of playing a game that has level and game mode design essentially built to encourage it. We have no objectives worth taking compared to knocking out the opposing team, and maps with central structures to rotate around. Don't hate the player(s), as they say.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users