Nooo.

#163 OneTeamPlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 399 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 09:19 AM

View PostSergeant Destroy, on 30 June 2020 - 09:12 AM, said:

Heyyy everyone t3 now...

How can you tell, my install says servers are still on maintenance. I can't even download the patch as of yet.

#164 Goose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThat flattop, up the well, overhead

Posted 30 June 2020 - 09:20 AM

Just log in, and let the tide roll out …

#165 MOBAjobg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 09:22 AM

View PostOneTeamPlayer, on 30 June 2020 - 09:19 AM, said:

How can you tell, my install says servers are still on maintenance. I can't even download the patch as of yet.

Click on Profile and then, Publicly Display Tier.

#166 Rain Dark Sky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 179 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 09:26 AM

After a year of playing I was mere days away from hitting tier 1...

Posted Image

Great timing!

lol

#167 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 10:04 AM

oh look im back where i belong.

#168 spannerturner

• PipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 48 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 11:19 AM

Curious to see where I end up leveling out at... Never for a minute believed I should be Tier 1. Also curious, in the next couple of months or so when everything settles out, how the matches turn out.

#169 Sergeant Destroy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 201 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 12:11 PM

Sooo how long are u supposed to be in a certain Tier? So far i have not seen the "xp-bar" move in any direction, while the tendency should be upwards. Or is is the bar disabled? (Couldnt be arsed to look for my tape measure)

#170 Zirconium Kaze

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 92 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 01:14 PM

Time to get tier 1 again.

#171 Trifakt

• Pip
  • Hell Fork
  • Hell Fork
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 01:40 PM

View PostSergeant Destroy, on 30 June 2020 - 12:11 PM, said:

Sooo how long are u supposed to be in a certain Tier? So far i have not seen the "xp-bar" move in any direction, while the tendency should be upwards. Or is is the bar disabled? (Couldnt be arsed to look for my tape measure)

it is not. I am already close to a full bar

btw there is no "upwards tendency": Its zero sum now. You only move up if you perform better than the others.

Edit: I am Tier 2 now.

Edited by Trifakt, 30 June 2020 - 02:31 PM.

#172 Eurystheus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 131 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 02:06 PM

Would it be possible to put the numerical result of the PSR change calculation in either the player stats or the team stats at the end of a match?

#173 LesleySchultze

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 12 posts
  • LocationUK, Devon

Posted 30 June 2020 - 02:25 PM

Why not give fixed amount of points for all activity - quickplay, clan war and scouting, for example:
damage x 10 = 1 point
kill = 50 points
assist = 10 points
KMDD = 50 points
and so on, so with 4 mechs in a clan war you may get a 2000 point match for a 2500 damage game, as opposed to a 500 point game for a thousand damage in solo play.
Make it all add up.

Currently getting a 500 point quick play is easy, but with 4 mechs in clan war is harder and takes 4 times as long.

Sort it out - promote clan war more, nobody really likes quick play....

#174 Nearly Dead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 274 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 04:15 PM

Solo players pay the bills. Everything else is niche content.

Like a mall with a Great Clips, a GameStop and a Mexican restaurant but no Walmart. Not going to last long.

#175 OneTeamPlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 399 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 05:39 PM

View PostLesleySchultze, on 30 June 2020 - 02:25 PM, said:

Sort it out - promote clan war more, nobody really likes quick play....

People dislike quickplay so much that it's literally the only game-mode that has never been depopulated outlasting Original Group, Faction War (all versions), and Solaris.

In fact the only thing that really put a pin in solo queue was the final straw of adding groups into what used to be a somewhat balanced experience.

As someone mentioned in another thread, people pushed for group to go into solo queue and aren't even around because they were bored of the stomping right quickly.

Meanwhile the solo players who had been happily hanging on month after month started a mass exodus which is still seen to this day.

Groups, not satisfied with killing all the queues specifically catering to them went for the coup de grace and want to do the same to solo thereby ending MWO for good.

Worst idea i've seen in quite some time was mixing the two groups of players.

#176 Squibert

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 07:54 PM

So what do we work towards now? If most people are not likely to advance to T1. What is the goal that we all should be work toward? What are we supposed to do to get a felling of accomplishment for?

#177 Brauer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 08:02 PM

View PostSquibert, on 30 June 2020 - 07:54 PM, said:

So what do we work towards now? If most people are not likely to advance to T1. What is the goal that we all should be work toward? What are we supposed to do to get a felling of accomplishment for?

Focus on getting better, play in MWO player-run competitions, push for ranks in FW. There are a few options.

#178 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,642 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 30 June 2020 - 08:13 PM

View PostSquibert, on 30 June 2020 - 07:54 PM, said:

KMDD !! wait.. that isnt part of the stats.. W/L!! Avg MS!! Have fun!! For many moving up Tiers was a goal because it was introduced that way.. move up as you gain experience and that would have been fine, provided the MM did not use said Tier as primary component, or that the PSR which determined movement, was not bias to moving people up into Tier 1.

Maybe PGI should change Tiers to something more militaristic or battletech-wise and less sport related.

Elite
Veteran
Regular
Militia
Greens

Since there will be players who would be in Tier 5 but no new players/cadets, am split on the militia and green. calling Tier 5 Cadets would not seem right, or something along that line. I got it!!
  • Elite
  • Veteran
  • Regular
  • Green
  • Basic

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 01 July 2020 - 06:40 AM.

#179 Trifakt

• Pip
  • Hell Fork
  • Hell Fork
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 08:59 PM

View PostOneTeamPlayer, on 30 June 2020 - 05:39 PM, said:

People dislike quickplay so much that it's literally the only game-mode that has never been depopulated outlasting Original Group, Faction War (all versions), and Solaris.

In fact the only thing that really put a pin in solo queue was the final straw of adding groups into what used to be a somewhat balanced experience.

As someone mentioned in another thread, people pushed for group to go into solo queue and aren't even around because they were bored of the stomping right quickly.

Meanwhile the solo players who had been happily hanging on month after month started a mass exodus which is still seen to this day.

Groups, not satisfied with killing all the queues specifically catering to them went for the coup de grace and want to do the same to solo thereby ending MWO for good.

Worst idea i've seen in quite some time was mixing the two groups of players.

TBH with over 500 games played last month, most of them solo, I dont really see that stomps are exlusivley occuring when groups are present (assuming most of the groups have the same clan tag). I was actually playing solo quick play since the game was released and I have the feeling that stomps always happend. I think they are more related to the dynamics on the battlefield and as long as not all 12 players are in the same discord there is always a risk that people dont care about the others. I always observe stomps for example when individual mistakes are made such as lights dying in the front or assaults runing directly into the enemy. And I truely believe that this will also happen within the new tier 1.
Regarding new players: the first time in many years I could actually convince one of my friends to start new with this game only because it is now possible to play together. And even he was dragged to tier1 games because of me we had plenty of fun. His K/D is still < 0.5 but his W/L is actually around 1.1.
I think now I would rather quit MWO than stop playing with my friend. Its a great experience after so many years of playing solo

#180 GrandpaMuenster

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 10:50 PM

Anyone else having trouble patching their software - CRAPPY SUBSTANDARD RELEASE NOTES AND INSTRUCTIONS. THERE I SAID IT!!!! FIX YOUR DAM SOFTWARE. REALLY CRAPPY PATCHING MECHANISM. All of the sudden install started downloading? Huh? Confused by this update and it's shenanigans.

Edited by GrandpaMuenster, 30 June 2020 - 10:56 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users