Ok.. ready? Zombie Apocalypse: Which Mech or Battle Armor do you take?

330 replies to this topic

#21 BlueDog

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 29 December 2011 - 09:54 AM

Great thread ;) I think I'm in the Firestarter camp. Sweep and clear, no need for precise aim. Or, maybe something heavier with a flamer equipped.

#22 Slyck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 29 December 2011 - 10:06 AM

Charger, it'll be the first time it's really useful.

#23 Grayson Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 334 posts
  • LocationGermany Erfurt

Posted 29 December 2011 - 10:53 AM

I would choose the Locust!

->Most thrill because even teh zombies can penetrate your armor with their hands!

#24 Zakatak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,673 posts
  • LocationCanadastan

Posted 29 December 2011 - 07:46 PM

MM-1 MiningMech with Drill and Chainsaw

#25 Mason Grimm

Com Guard / Technician

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 30 December 2011 - 11:10 AM

Ok, I'll bite.....

You guys are serious with the flammer thing? I think there is a quote from a "SyFy Original Movie" that says something like "A flamthrower? Are you kidding? So now instead of zombies attacking you now you have flamming zombies attacking you?" Zombies are undead. Flames will take too long to consume them and when they swarm you they will overheat your mech and shut you down. Once you are shut down they will continue coming and either starve you out or burn you out.

MAD-3D for me. Removes the need for ammo, adds a few more heat sinks and is all energy based. I don't HAVE to use the Large Laser as I'm sure the PPCs and MLASERs will be more than adaquet for zombie killing goodness!

#26 Skwisgaar Skwigelf

• 1,136 posts
  • LocationMordhaus

Posted 30 December 2011 - 01:08 PM

Goliath.

Four stompin feet have to be better than two.

#27 PelinalWhitestrake

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 144 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 30 December 2011 - 01:33 PM

Warhammer

Streak SRM6, ERPPC's and a good pack of Laz0r's

#28 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 30 December 2011 - 01:41 PM

View PostMason Grimm, on 30 December 2011 - 11:10 AM, said:

MAD-3D for me. Removes the need for ammo, adds a few more heat sinks and is all energy based. I don't HAVE to use the Large Laser as I'm sure the PPCs and MLASERs will be more than adaquet for zombie killing goodness!

But you ain't got no hands! How are you going to drag your crates of pelts, hardtack and salted beef back to the ol' fort after your raids? How are you going to build a fort?

Let me guess, you'll just blast one out of a mountainside...

#29 PelinalWhitestrake

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 144 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 30 December 2011 - 01:46 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 30 December 2011 - 01:41 PM, said:

But you ain't got no hands! How are you going to drag your crates of pelts, hardtack and salted beef back to the ol' fort after your raids? How are you going to build a fort?

Let me guess, you'll just blast one out of a mountainside...

if this are the classic dumb zombies its fine

#30 SeDevri

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 97 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 02:30 PM

Battlemaster BLR-3M

Why? Big enough to fend off other mechs, good speed for its size, primarily energy armament but with enough variety to give you options, enough DHSs for sustained fire and of course hands. I would say this is the perfect mech for this situation, the only thing your left wanting for is jump jets, which isn't too big an issue.

#31 Woodstock

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationKrakow

Posted 30 December 2011 - 03:25 PM

Purifier adaptive battle armour.

small enough to go anywhere i want.

Battle claw for crushing zombie heads.

er small laser - no ammo.

adaptive camo for salvaging stuff unseen.

:huh:

#32 Zerik

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 158 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 30 December 2011 - 06:24 PM

Timber Wolf with an all laser loadout, and the missile boxes converted for food storage. Also for when I need to do inside raids, laser rifle with laser pistol stashed with me in the cockpit, while at all times wearing PAL armor.

#33 GreyGriffin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts
  • LocationQuatre Belle (originally from Lum)

Posted 30 December 2011 - 06:34 PM

Important question - can Zombies make Swarm attacks? What's their anti-mech skill?

But seriously, I'd actually be really tempted to take an Adder if I could score a hand actuator for it. Omnimech for easy refitting and resupply, and a huge flat surface to camp on and strap cargo to.

Edited by GreyGriffin, 30 December 2011 - 06:43 PM.

#34 TransparenT

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 06:44 PM

I agree with GreyGriffin, What can the zombies do? Depending on that would change alot of choices for people. :|

If it's normal slow, human zombehs. Atlas.
Why? It's tall and packs a huge punch. Refitted with lasers only it would just shoot all in sight.
And it's a intimidating for looters and it has hands! :huh:

#35 Karn Evil

• PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 06:47 PM

Considering that no amount of zombies is sufficient to take down a mech, it's Nova all the way. The lasers will pretty much vaporize any zombies that decide they want a piece of me, and it doesn't really need hands, since, with that kind of firepower, you could protect a group of mech-less people who could scrounge for a few vehicles to haul everything you need. Additionally, if you're a good pilot, you have enough power in that little Nova to take on rather larger mechs (I'll admit, I was tempted to take the S-Cat), though, really, it would be best for the uninfected to band together. I know if I ran across an Atlas in my little Nova, my first move would be to see if the pilot wants to join us.

Failing that, my second move would be to burn his rear armor off and drop him like a skull-faced brick.

#36 Original ArchAngel

• PipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 73 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 30 December 2011 - 07:16 PM

Supernova, filled with large pulse lasers.. i think that'd do fine.. :huh:

#37 Serpentine

• PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationA station near the planet Rochester, former site of O'Shaugnessy Base for Armageddon Unlimited.

Posted 30 December 2011 - 07:33 PM

Well... since it's most likely the fast moving, climbing, infectious zombies that spread their virus from the air, water, and contact; i'd choose an Firefly with Lasers, Jump Jets, and a large bottle of hand sanitizer mounted to the dashboard.

I'd jump from building to building in urban environments, stopping at any shelters for food/supplies, and demolish a few buildings if necessary; taking out hordes of zombies, and shooting distant explosives/noise making objects to attract their attention instead.

#38 Connor Macleod

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationGlenfinnan, Scotland near the shores of Lock Shiel

Posted 30 December 2011 - 07:41 PM

Firestarter all the way. To address a previous comment about how a flamethrower would not incinerate a zombie immediately, yes you are right. your average flamethrower doesn't burn hot enough to incinerate, so if you were to use said flamethrower, then yes instead of zombies attacking you, you now have flaming zombies attacking you. However, we're not talking about flamethrowers, we're talking about flamers mounted on huge multi-ton battlemechs and are powered by the mech's Nuclear Fusion Reactor... Yeah those zombies aren't on fire, they're sheer ash with maybe a little skeletal structure in a mere instant. Now if they were armored zombies, then yes, flamers wouldn't pose as much of a threat, if any at all, but anything unarmored would virtually cease to exist under the sheer heat of that particular flamer.

#39 WMC Gomez

• PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationPuyallup, WA

Posted 30 December 2011 - 07:52 PM

I would have to say a Kodiak. 8 ER Med lasers and has hands. Not only that, but the hands also have claws to wipe out massive amounts of zombies in your wake. I would get rid of the ac 20 and srm6 and give it jump jets so now I can jump on zombies as well. 100 ton of fun!

#40 Ilithi Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 475 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationWazan

Posted 30 December 2011 - 08:47 PM

Orion. If you can't get out right away on a dropship (and most won't be able to - there's just not going to be that many ships sitting around in port), you're going to be stuck in for the long haul. For the long haul, more than ammo (which is generally going to be pretty plentiful on most BT worlds), you will want reliability. Something that is easy to maintain, and can keep running with minimal maintenance. That's the Orion, hands-down. Solid Heavy mech, with a good mix of firepower, and VERY easy to maintain, or reconfigure as needed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users