Psr Tier Metrics - Round 1

644 replies to this topic

#481 BTGbullseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 05 August 2020 - 03:13 PM

View PostLockheed_, on 05 August 2020 - 10:33 AM, said:

I got some good stuff in caches, and yes of course I use decals. Actually I spend a good amount of time in the mechlab to make my mechs looks extra fancy. stuff like SRM 2s I usually sell once every 4-5 months for some extra C-bills to buy new mechs/engines etc.

Pretty much how I've operated with them. I've gotten over half my decals from them, and about 1/4 of my armory.

#482 Hiten Bongz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 228 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 05 August 2020 - 04:25 PM

View PostOneTeamPlayer, on 05 August 2020 - 04:27 AM, said:

Supply caches are so useless as to not be worth considering in any discussion of match score.

They give next to nothing approaching value, even to the newest of players.

Decals are nice, but not really necessary and most players never take the time to put any on.

The rest of the items in the boxes are literally junk.

I lost all interest in decals once I saw how they literally float around on your mech armor, lmao.

Like wtf, seriously.

#483 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 05 August 2020 - 04:56 PM

View PostHiten Bongz, on 05 August 2020 - 04:25 PM, said:

I lost all interest in decals once I saw how they literally float around on your mech armor, lmao.

Like wtf, seriously.

That only happens because PGI is trying to fix Bugs with Decals when they're laid on the Mech itself. Re-seat the offending Decals in order to make the problem go away. :)

~D. V. "The re-positioning solution fixed the 'Shifting Decals' issue for me." Devnull

#484 Hiten Bongz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 228 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 05 August 2020 - 06:05 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 05 August 2020 - 04:56 PM, said:

That only happens because PGI is trying to fix Bugs with Decals when they're laid on the Mech itself. Re-seat the offending Decals in order to make the problem go away. Posted Image

~D. V. "The re-positioning solution fixed the 'Shifting Decals' issue for me." Devnull

So just reapply the offending decal?

#485 Hiten Bongz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 228 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 05 August 2020 - 11:10 PM

Nice, seems to work.

#486 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 05 August 2020 - 11:16 PM

(Everything I was originally typing before your post showed up... Click to view...)
Spoiler

View PostHiten Bongz, on 05 August 2020 - 11:10 PM, said:

Nice, seems to work.

Glad to hear your Decal(s) is(/are) back to normal! :D

Your post landed in the midst of me typing mine, so I shrunk up the original inside the above tagging. Feel free to read it, if you desire. I decided to leave it there for others' reference. ;)

~D. V. "happy to hear things worked out as stated" Devnull

#487 morosis

• PipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • 79 posts

Posted 05 August 2020 - 11:49 PM

To whomever from PGI is monitoring this thread: please, for the love of God, fix Tier 2 already. It has been 5 weeks since reset and the matchmaker is still utter trash.

I am Tier 2. In my ~10 games tonight, I think i played with half of the comp 2019 players. Every single game I got was with Tier 1 players. Game after game after game with elite pilots.

When do i get to play against players like me? Ever? I dont think I had a single game without an elite player or elite team in it. And if there was one, I dont remember it. Is this how its going to be forever or when in the hell do i actually get a game where I can fight players of similar skill to myself?

You made PSR zero sum WITH THE PROMISE that we would be evaluated against players of our own caliber. Do you think putting a Tier 2 pilot in nothing but Tier 1 games with World Champions and Competitive players would be fair to that Tier 2 pilot? Do you think the PSR calculation works in the long run if that Tier 2 pilot is being evaluated against Tier 1 pilots in literally every match? Do you think games against pilots orders of magnitude superior would be fun for the Tier 2 pilot? Does what I'm describing in any way sound like a good system?

Right now, this is not a matchmaker. This is feeding me into to T1 games to solve for their wait times.

I am a customer. Your product, at the moment, is horse crap. I am not a customer so that you can use me to solve problems that your other customers have.

F'n fix it already.

Edited by morosis, 06 August 2020 - 12:08 AM.

#488 Biomechtric

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 123 posts

Posted 06 August 2020 - 12:07 AM

View PostOneTeamPlayer, on 05 August 2020 - 04:27 AM, said:

Supply caches are so useless as to not be worth considering in any discussion of match score.

They give next to nothing approaching value, even to the newest of players.

Decals are nice, but not really necessary and most players never take the time to put any on.

The rest of the items in the boxes are literally junk.

Either you have been extremely unlucky or I have been very lucky?? not sure which?
I have, over the life of the supply cache system's life, won 2 mechs, 1000's of MC & XP, millions of cbills, loads of cockpit items, loads of decals & many, many wepaons(which can be sold).
Sorry but I can't see anything bad in that, in any way, they are free & everyone gets given them. Maybe jut because I look at it this way instead of looking at each box by individual value.
Ever heard the saying 'Never look a gift horse in the mouth'? If not, well, you have now.

#489 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 06 August 2020 - 12:36 AM

View Postmorosis, on 05 August 2020 - 11:49 PM, said:

To whomever from PGI is monitoring this thread: please, for the love of God, fix Tier 2 already. It has been 5 weeks since reset and the matchmaker is still trash.

I am Tier 2. In my ~10 games tonight, I think i played with half of the comp 2019 players. Game after game after game with elite pilots.

When do i get to play against players like me? Ever? I dont think I had a single game without an elite player or elite team in it. And if there was one, I dont remember it. Is this how its going to be forever or when in the hell do i actually get a game where I can fight players of similar skill to myself?

This is not a matchmaker. This is feeding me into to T1 games to solve for wait times.

I am a customer. Your product, at the moment, is horse crap. I am not a customer so that you can use me to solve problems that your other customers have.

F'n fix it already.

The person who's supposed to be monitoring this thread is Paul Inouye, but they don't seem to be. Sadly, the one thing that would fix a lot of this is something they have failed to do. All they really need to do is simply just move that pin in the MatchMaking Triangle back towards Weight Class Balancing by just a bit, and it would fix a lot WITHOUT having to work on redesigning it. To give you a rough idea, the last setting we saw him put in for that looks like...

View PostPaul Inouye, on 25 May 2020 - 03:41 PM, said:

...and REALLY needs to move due to the unnecessary stomps that it is causing. Unfortunately, we can't really go around holding our breath in hope that it will change. But yeah, I agree that the player base needs to stop being abused like this, or we're just going to keep losing people. That population loss is something which MWO does NOT need right now. :(

~Mr. D. V. "just as upset as you are about this whole MatchMaking-related mess" Devnull

[Fast Edit by Post's Author to correct a TimeStamp Issue... Ouch!]

Edited by D V Devnull, 06 August 2020 - 12:40 AM.

#490 tingod

• PipPipPip
  • Leutnant-General
  • Leutnant-General
  • 82 posts

Posted 06 August 2020 - 02:10 AM

many stomps happend, when nascar moves starts. we need maps without a center....

#491 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 06 August 2020 - 03:38 AM

How would you create a map without a center? People seam to be very creative when it comes to finding something to rotate around. Damn I bet even if you have an empty map people would still run in a circle in MWO ^_^

#492 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 06 August 2020 - 05:02 AM

The Borreal Map in FW don't have a centre
It looks like a giant......nvm
A S shaped map would be difficult to nascar on as well.

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 06 August 2020 - 05:03 AM.

#493 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 06 August 2020 - 05:14 AM

You can also have non circle maps by haveing a mode with attack and defence where you are only successfull when you go forward, with a little bit of sideways but mostly forward to your target.

#494 Marquis De Lafayette

• CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 06 August 2020 - 06:00 AM

Give them 1/3 - 1/5 as often and make them all ultra-rare (minus the 1k c-bill nonsense “gift”). So, you get a cockpit item every now and again and maybe a bit of MC every now and again as a reward for the grind. Would be much better that getting garbage but getting garbage frequently.

#495 Spare Knight

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationAlso StankDog the damp

Posted 06 August 2020 - 06:51 AM

Just throw a Daytona map out there with each team starting on opposite sides and the infield as out of bounds. Give that to Tier 1 and let them go at it. Posted Image

#496 East Indy

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationPacifica Training School, waiting for BakPhar shares to rise

Posted 06 August 2020 - 08:36 AM

View PostJastreb17, on 02 August 2020 - 10:04 PM, said:

As thing stand, I am penalized for piloting a light just because I can't put up the damage numbers of the assaults and heavies.

Scouting and feigning are helpful but not as easy to quantify.

Part of the problem is team weight. Sometimes matches are so full of assaults, and teams are positioned such, that there's not much room for light(er) 'Mechs with medium-/short-range loadouts to sensibly engage until the tide has turned.

#497 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 06 August 2020 - 08:43 AM

View PostMarquis De Lafayette, on 06 August 2020 - 06:00 AM, said:

Give them 1/3 - 1/5 as often and make them all ultra-rare (minus the 1k c-bill nonsense “gift”). So, you get a cockpit item every now and again and maybe a bit of MC every now and again as a reward for the grind. Would be much better that getting garbage but getting garbage frequently.

As has been noted above, slowing them down at all is a bad idea. If anything, their quality does need improvement. But, we need to AVOID harming the New Player Experience in any way/shape/form in order to prevent people just leaving after trying MWO for their first time. :(

~D. V. "doesn't get why people are stupidly skewed to hurting the remaining population and new player intake" Devnull

#498 GARION26

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 301 posts

Posted 06 August 2020 - 09:13 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 06 August 2020 - 12:36 AM, said:

The person who's supposed to be monitoring this thread is Paul Inouye, but they don't seem to be. Sadly, the one thing that would fix a lot of this is something they have failed to do. All they really need to do is simply just move that pin in the MatchMaking Triangle back towards Weight Class Balancing by just a bit, and it would fix a lot WITHOUT having to work on redesigning it. To give you a rough idea, the last setting we saw him put in for that looks like...

...and REALLY needs to move due to the unnecessary stomps that it is causing. Unfortunately, we can't really go around holding our breath in hope that it will change. But yeah, I agree that the player base needs to stop being abused like this, or we're just going to keep losing people. That population loss is something which MWO does NOT need right now. Posted Image

~Mr. D. V. "just as upset as you are about this whole MatchMaking-related mess" Devnull

[Fast Edit by Post's Author to correct a TimeStamp Issue... Ouch!]

Hey man anything to really suggest that reducing focus on tier and putting it on tonnage will produce less stomps then we currently have? This is assuming a peak drop time where there are enough players to actually effectively matchmake, and I'm assuming by moving the needle to value to increase the importance of tonnage balancing you aren't increasing wait times.

My point is it sure looks like to my (experience not data) that PSR seems more important then tonnage. Cadet in a trial assault has less impact on a match then a tier 1 in a fully skilled piranha. My stomps have generally been when we've been out positioned early and lost a few and it steamrolls quickly - not when they outgunned and out armored us over the length of a match. If you are down 3 mechs in the first 3 minutes it's headed for a stomp that's usually because someone who is less skilled over extends or misreads their situation.

#499 morosis

• PipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • 79 posts

Posted 06 August 2020 - 09:41 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 06 August 2020 - 12:36 AM, said:

...and REALLY needs to move due to the unnecessary stomps that it is causing. Unfortunately, we can't really go around holding our breath in hope that it will change. But yeah, I agree that the player base needs to stop being abused like this, or we're just going to keep losing people. That population loss is something which MWO does NOT need right now. Posted Image

Thanks for the support man.

I really do understand that they are trying to create something that works without redesigning the entire matchmaker. I am being patient like they told me to be. I am playing my games, trying to give the PSR system its data that they told me would make everything work better. It just isnt working better, and based on my experience since reset, I am losing hope that it ever will.

I don't think most of the Tier 1 playerbase even understands the issue, since it doesn't affect them. The only players affected are Tier 4 players (who benefit from it by playing more Tier 5 games than they should) and Tier 2 players (who get wrecked by it by playing way more Tier 1 games than they should). For those who are unlucky enough to be stuck in Tier 2, its a never ending parade of playing Tier 1 players and having your PSR measured against the skill level of the players a Tier ahead of you. Which is horribly frustrating at best.

PGI, what do I need to do to get you to fix your game? Write you letters every day? Email Russ? Show up at the office with a sign?

FIX YOUR GAME. IT IS NOT WORKING PROPERLY.

Edited by morosis, 06 August 2020 - 10:31 AM.

#500 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,695 posts

Posted 06 August 2020 - 10:31 AM

View Postmorosis, on 06 August 2020 - 09:41 AM, said:

PGI, what do I need to do to get you to fix your game?

PGI is not interested in your opinion.

Actually, PGI does not care about the MWO players' opinion so much that they have not even bothered to find a new Community Manager after Tina Benoit left.

Write you letters every day?

Futile.

Email Russ?

This is not going to work.

Show up at the office with a sign?

I am not quite sure if PGI still has a physical office.

FIX YOUR GAME. IT IS NOT WORKING PROPERLY.

Why bother? You are playing the game even in the current state, aren't you? MInimally viable product, remember?

The only thing that you can do is to use Twitter to contact Russ Bullock.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users