142 replies to this topic

#141 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,789 posts

Posted 25 September 2020 - 10:41 PM

View PostAnomalocaris, on 25 September 2020 - 08:10 AM, said:

PGI squandered a huge player base boost from the lockdowns with an ill-conceived queue merge and a poorly executed PSR change (the PSR change was needed, just not done right - the queue merge was not needed, and was the product of a bunch of whiny ***** who aren't even playing now getting Russ' ear because they "wanted to play with their friends and didn't care about winning").

This exactly.

The April and May lock-down was a great opportunity ... and PGI wasted it.

Matt Newman had a great idea with the free Wolverine "Quarantine" Hero 'Mech giveaway and the March Challenge.
That was a pretty good start. Posted Image

Posted Image

After that, everything went downhill as usual in MWO.
Thanks, PGI. Posted Image

#142 crazytimes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 26 September 2020 - 01:44 AM

View PostAnomalocaris, on 25 September 2020 - 08:10 AM, said:

because I hold out some miniscule hope that PGI will get rid of the queue merge.
They admitted there is literally as few as 24 people queuing at times during a normal day. There aren't enough people to form matches outside of QP, or organised groups in FP ocassionally. Solaris is dead. I don't see them splitting queues ever.

I am just enjoying what there is while it lasts, and then I'll move on.

#143 Bulletsponge0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 26 September 2020 - 06:53 PM

View Postcrazytimes, on 26 September 2020 - 01:44 AM, said:

They admitted there is literally as few as 24 people queuing at times during a normal day. There aren't enough people to form matches outside of QP, or organised groups in FP ocassionally. Solaris is dead. I don't see them splitting queues ever.

I am just enjoying what there is while it lasts, and then I'll move on.

Some of the dwindling population can be attributed to the natural life span of a game, but a LOT of the player exodus over the years can be directly attributed to poor decisions by PGI. It seemed that at times, they were intentionally trying to drive players away.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users