168 replies to this topic

#121 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 16 August 2020 - 01:26 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 16 August 2020 - 12:57 AM, said:

I could answer you back with your same silly GIF image.......

You could, but the joke doesn´t work that way.

You're lucky, being able to complete all of 'Phase 1' that bloody quick. Either luck as a 1st possibility, you're higher in Tier than I am for a 2nd possibility, or you intentionally tanked your PSR in order to get easy games for yourself as a 3rd possibility... but any which way – as I can't see your current Tier – allowing you to just blow through things. Posted Image

The word you are looking for is skill. Posted Image
Well, no it´s not. Yes i am TIER 1 (whatever that means in a PSR system managed by PGI).
The win depends on your team. If i already got my kill/KMDD i do the best i can with the trial mech.
And for the kill/KMDD. What´s so hard on focusing 1 enemy mech? Either you kill it yourself or someone else kills it and you get the KMDD, challenge complete.
I understand that there is a difference in skill in every game. We had events way more harder to complete. So yes, i don´t understand how someone can complain about these extremely easy challenges.

Edited by Wishmast3r, 16 August 2020 - 01:28 AM.

#122 BrunoSSace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 1,032 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 16 August 2020 - 02:01 AM

Mission were simple, took me 2 days. Struggled with the assaults, since I don't really enjoy them much. Saw people trying to farm people in the trail mechs. So it felt nice to have some fresh challenges.

#123 ERSmurf

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 August 2020 - 02:42 AM

@D V Devnull: Sometimes things just refuse to work out. Since this is a newer account and I only had one match in the Phoenix Hawk before the event began, I could easily check this... It took me TWENTY tries to win... while I had already scored a kill by game three... I really hope my main account is luckier. For comparison, Battlemaster won by game two. Next up is Highlander and then I will swap to my main account to see, if I have enough luck to get the 16 wins I need for the main awards, not even going to try to grind the 32 kills / KMDDs, I am not good / lucky enough for that in the limited time I have available.

#124 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 16 August 2020 - 03:33 AM

View PostTheUltimateGhost, on 16 August 2020 - 01:26 AM, said:

thing is, if I can complete phase 1 in 17 matches, needing only 1 game per mech (2 for the spider xD), you should easily be able to do it in 17 days Posted Image

and if you're not, remember: events aren't necessarily made for everybody to be able to grab everything, just because MWO's events have been like that for a long time, doesn't mean they always will be

those matches were in a group, easiest way to secure wins, if you want to do it that way too DV, hit me up on discord (TheUltimateGhost#1964), I'd be up for some games

View PostWishmast3r, on 16 August 2020 - 01:26 AM, said:

The word you are looking for is skill. Posted Image
Well, no it´s not. Yes i am TIER 1 (whatever that means in a PSR system managed by PGI).
The win depends on your team. If i already got my kill/KMDD i do the best i can with the trial mech.
And for the kill/KMDD. What´s so hard on focusing 1 enemy mech? Either you kill it yourself or someone else kills it and you get the KMDD, challenge complete.
I understand that there is a difference in skill in every game. We had events way more harder to complete. So yes, i don´t understand how someone can complain about these extremely easy challenges.

View PostERSmurf, on 16 August 2020 - 02:42 AM, said:

@D V Devnull: Sometimes things just refuse to work out. Since this is a newer account and I only had one match in the Phoenix Hawk before the event began, I could easily check this... It took me TWENTY tries to win... while I had already scored a kill by game three... I really hope my main account is luckier. For comparison, Battlemaster won by game two. Next up is Highlander and then I will swap to my main account to see, if I have enough luck to get the 16 wins I need for the main awards, not even going to try to grind the 32 kills / KMDDs, I am not good / lucky enough for that in the limited time I have available.

Okay... THAT'S IT... All three of you have gone and made me headache-level angry. :angry:

Although, I'm going to have to *facepalm* at myself too... It seems my last post missed a vital detail worth telling, even though I thought that I had, and I do apologize for that. :mellow:

To give all of you (particularly , whom I apparently deduced the Tier of correctly) a rough idea, it's much less a matter of Kill/KMDD needed. In this department, it happens that I have 15 of the 16 that are needed done, with the TBR-C(C) Trial (because I don't own that Chassis's Variant myself) being the final. I never thought one lousy 'Iconic Mech' could be such a pain to do anything with. Danged bloody TimberWolf feels weaker than it did back in the "MechWarrior 2&3" games, that's for sure. -_-

That said, it's far more that I need to get the Win/Victory for a total of SIX of the Mechs across both of those Tech Bases, and not the other way around. Worse, most of the Win/Victory that I happen to need is on the Clan side of things. It's a "2 I.S., 4 Clan" remain for me, and anything but easy due to issues that fly well beyond my control. To quote myself from earlier, in order to get the point across, my limitation here is...

Now, topple on that the constant issue of PUGs that would rather function like... well... let's just honestly say they're "Uncommunicative, Untrustable, Unherdable, Uncooperative, Nascaring, Potato-Brained Cats" in terms of behavior during most of the rounds that I've been in... and then add to it that the MatchMaker really seems to enjoy making me suffer.

...and then you understand more in why I would be seeking for an extension to the Event, even if no more than just until "August 28th, 2020 @ 17:00 PDT (August 29th, 2020 @ 00:00 UTC)" for when it would end. Can a measly FOUR (4) Days honestly be too freaking much to ask?!?!? I would like to think not, and I can obviously see that ERSmurf (a.k.a. ERescue, right?) could also use the kindness/blessing/help/assistance/<choose-your-own-phrase> of more time being added! Sadly, being in a Group absolutely will not fix other people being mindless and forcing me to lose the Match along with them. If 7+ PUGs want to drag down a Group, they will... and unfortunately, there's nothing that being in a Group can do about that, directly because there's NO Queue Separation to speak of anymore. :(

Oh, that reminds me... TheUltimateGhost, thanks to my ISP (and who knows what else), my system is currently rendered unable to use Discord at all. The problematic Web Version doesn't work for me, and the Downloadable Client is not accessible to me. So nobody should expect to see me on there, ever. If my name should start showing up on Discord, and I don't confirm that's me via here on MWO somehow, then you'll know it's an impostor who's rudely posing as me. :blink:

ERSmurf (a.k.a. ERescue, right?), I wish you Good Luck on getting those 32 Win/Victory across your Two Accounts. You've got one heck of a difficult slope to mount there. :)

In looking at your situation, I suppose that I should probably consider myself minorly lucky in the regard of only having this singular self-created account, and having made no other. Right now, it might be the only reason I reach 100% Completion, alongside one hellish heaping of luck. :unsure:

~Mr. D. V. "It's not as much personal skill that limits me getting Win/Victory, as it is Uncooperative Teams happen to." Devnull

#125 ERescue

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 203 posts

Posted 16 August 2020 - 03:59 AM

@D V Devnull: Yes, it is me. :D I am not going to stress. I have failed so many dozens of challenges over the years. As for the current ones, ERSmurf account now has the two main rewards, I got super lucky with the Battlemaster and Highlander to finish. Of the smaller ones I think I got something like five total. I am going to play a few games on this main account now and see how things develop.

I wish you luck with your games and hope you manage to keep your blood pressure down. Headache-level angriness does not sound nice... *worries about Devnull's health...*

#126 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 16 August 2020 - 04:50 AM

I haven´t checked, but aren´t the trial mechs useable in Solaris?

#127 Bolo Atari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 259 posts
  • LocationGlengarry

Posted 16 August 2020 - 04:56 AM

Hey ERescue, I've seen you in many games! You are famous :)

#128 Z Paradox

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 102 posts
  • Locationozz

Posted 16 August 2020 - 05:14 AM

if you use trial mechs just stick with group, stay in middle and shoot what team shoots. try to solo 12 ppl and you will fail (unless you play fast/stealth light). some ppl lack common sense and spit from group to snipe, lrm or some **** like that and don't look at mini map / listen scouts for enemy movement, don't kill uav or just play potato soloist. I play narc rvn and I try to scout enemy for my team and call flankers / back stabbers and mark them with narc, 80% of the time team don't try to help slow movers or group up and then we lose. So... playing with ""PUGs that would rather function like... well... let's just honestly say they're "Uncommunicative, Untrustable, Unherdable, Uncooperative, Nascaring, Potato-Brained Cats"" is just a game you will eventually learn to play...

Marquis De Lafayette, on 07 August 2020 - 06:52 PM, said: This event could easily be sub-titled “The Tank Your PSR Challenge”

PSR is pointless atm. so don't give it any importance, it is not XP bar... and you wont drop too much playing trials...

#129 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 16 August 2020 - 06:29 AM

The reason to count in hours instead of days, is because players don't play the same amount of hours per day.

As for the missing event, it's : The "Clan Missile Challenges".

#130 ERescue

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 203 posts

Posted 16 August 2020 - 09:04 AM

View PostBolo Atari, on 16 August 2020 - 04:56 AM, said:

Hey ERescue, I've seen you in many games! You are famous Posted Image

:D Oh really? Hopefully not in a bad light even though I am not a great pilot and especially lately I have died early a LOT. The trial Mechs and I do not match well, at least on the ERSmurf account. :/ On this main account I actually own some of the champion variants, so they are slightly customized and most importantly can use UAVs, coolant shots and air / artillery strikes...and for some, AMS / ECM. Not having AMS / ECM is at times a big disadvantage unless others in the match offer an "umbrella", which luckily happens at times. :)

#131 Bolo Atari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 259 posts
  • LocationGlengarry

Posted 16 August 2020 - 10:56 AM

View PostERescue, on 16 August 2020 - 09:04 AM, said:

:D Oh really? Hopefully not in a bad light even though I am not a great pilot and especially lately I have died early a LOT. The trial Mechs and I do not match well, at least on the ERSmurf account. :/ On this main account I actually own some of the champion variants, so they are slightly customized and most importantly can use UAVs, coolant shots and air / artillery strikes...and for some, AMS / ECM. Not having AMS / ECM is at times a big disadvantage unless others in the match offer an &quot;umbrella&quot;, which luckily happens at times. :)

Ya all good man. Frankly, I warn the company when you are on red side.

Don't be too humble deadeye ;)

#132 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 17 August 2020 - 09:30 AM

View PostLockheed_, on 17 August 2020 - 09:11 AM, said:

I had no intentions of playing the event, but I was kinda bored last night and decided to go for the MC and GSP rewards. Got my KMDD and more with the 4 IS mechs I played on first attempt (Panther, Phoenix Hawk, Catapult, Highlander), then I went on the the clan mechs and oh boy do unskilled clan mechs SUCK! I am not sure if I will attempt to play them again. I couldn't get a KMDD with the Warhawk in 3 Matches and for contrast with the Panther I finished 2 Kills, 2 KMDD in the first match.

It's weird how different players have different results with the different trial 'mechs. In my case, the Highlander was absolutely atrocious (though to be fair, it was a win I couldn't get. I got a solo kill on my first match, then suffered 10 or so losses in a row. People also seemed to know to focus the right side to neuter the 'mech). The Warhawk, on the other hand, has always been amazing for me: I can usually do 500 dmg and a kill or two in any QP match where I use that trial 'mech. It was the one I got my alt-account started with, because I knew it could perform.

#133 Fat Jack Murphy

• PipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 91 posts
  • LocationEuropa

Posted 17 August 2020 - 02:44 PM

why is it that we get events that basically require us to either buy a mech or dump our rating trying to get things done with unlevelled mechs?

#134 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 17 August 2020 - 03:55 PM

View PostLockheed_, on 17 August 2020 - 10:11 AM, said:

I did not go for the win. I only went for the kill, because I dont care about the other rewards.
I felt the highlander was pretty easy to get a kill with. I liked it so much I consider getting one. That thing is quite nimble for an assault.
I think luck, what map and team you get, also plays a major role with the trial mechs. I got my kills in the Highlander on Mining, by just taking the outer rim of the center platform and shooting everyone in the middle. Racked up almost 600dmg before they finally got me.

Well, the win rewards included MechBays and MC, so I always go for those. It was the CBills and Premium time that I didn't need (at least on my main account). But those were also the most annoying, because you had to get a win with EVERYTHING, which is much more team-dependent. Kill/KMDD is quite a bit easier, if you can position yourself just right. The other trouble I have with skirting the rim of Mining Collective is that there always seems to be somebody on the low ground who's shooting me in the back...

#135 crazytimes

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 17 August 2020 - 10:03 PM

Second stage was good. I only ran one truly potato builds... but a couple of new ones worked out alright.

#136 ERescue

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 203 posts

Posted 17 August 2020 - 11:51 PM

View PostBolo Atari, on 16 August 2020 - 10:56 AM, said:

Ya all good man. Frankly, I warn the company when you are on red side.

Don't be too humble deadeye Posted Image

@Bolo Atari: I am flattered. Posted Image

#137 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 18 August 2020 - 12:05 AM

View PostZ Paradox, on 16 August 2020 - 05:14 AM, said:

if you use trial mechs just stick with group, stay in middle and shoot what team shoots. try to solo 12 ppl and you will fail (unless you play fast/stealth light). some ppl lack common sense and spit from group to snipe, lrm or some **** like that and don't look at mini map / listen scouts for enemy movement, don't kill uav or just play potato soloist. I play narc rvn and I try to scout enemy for my team and call flankers / back stabbers and mark them with narc, 80% of the time team don't try to help slow movers or group up and then we lose. So... playing with ""PUGs that would rather function like... well... let's just honestly say they're "Uncommunicative, Untrustable, Unherdable, Uncooperative, Nascaring, Potato-Brained Cats"" is just a game you will eventually learn to play...

That kind of makes one wish the behavior of the Community was like it used to be around 4.5 years ago, huh? At least back then, everyone understood that they had to work together in order to succeed. :unsure:

View PostZ Paradox, on 16 August 2020 - 05:14 AM, said:

Marquis De Lafayette, on 07 August 2020 - 06:52 PM, said: This event could easily be sub-titled “The Tank Your PSR Challenge”

PSR is pointless atm. so don't give it any importance, it is not XP bar... and you wont drop too much playing trials...

I'm currently not worried about PSR at all, and haven't been since the PSR Reset... At least, until it goes too high and I end up just being cannon fodder... Or it goes way too low and the MatchMaker actively punishes me by not giving a Match to go play in at all and holding me out of the queue completely. :mellow:

View PostLockheed_, on 17 August 2020 - 10:11 AM, said:

I think luck, what map and team you get, also plays a major role with the trial mechs.

Sad, but too true. If you don't have a good Team to work with, then it doesn't matter what kind of Mech Design that you have, because it simply won't have a chance to perform. :(

~Mr. D. V. "constantly being forced to wish for the return of more happy times, even when they know it won't happen" Devnull

#138 Bolo Atari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 259 posts
  • LocationGlengarry

Posted 18 August 2020 - 05:04 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 18 August 2020 - 12:05 AM, said:

Sad, but too true. If you don't have a good Team to work with, then it doesn't matter what kind of Mech Design that you have, because it simply won't have a chance to perform. :(

QFT. Put another way: if the opposing team is better than yours, it doesn't matter what you pilot.

#139 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 18 August 2020 - 11:47 AM

You really could've given these trial mechs some love ... most times the layouts have serious drawbacks, like heat issues or missing tons of armor. Sad event.

#140 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 18 August 2020 - 12:11 PM

Gave it a few more tries, nope, not worth it. Waste of time and energy. Build some actually useful mechs, then, and only then, ever come up with an event enforcing the use of trial mechs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users