Breakfast Of Champions Event And Sale

168 replies to this topic

#161 KH Slaine

• PipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Participant
  • CS 2023 Participant
  • 76 posts

Posted 20 August 2020 - 04:57 PM

Really need clarification on how Counter ECM is achieved. I've faced many ECM mechs with mine in counter, disrupt, Flea20 against Flea20 several times, UAV captured ECM enemy, BAP, and so on. Nothing! Hit enemy ECM mechs with PPC, ERPPC. Nothing! Blew ECM off a Cicada 5M. Nothing! I'm talking dozens of ECM vs. ECM encounters here. Nothing! I've played this game long enough for it to be ingrained in my head, gotten Counter reward many times in past. Now? Nothing! Please advise Matt or someone with definite info.

#162 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 21 August 2020 - 12:00 AM

And a grave update on my situation...

View PostD V Devnull, on 20 August 2020 - 02:45 PM, said:

Unfortunately, I'm way behind due to things outside of MWO repeatedly yanking me away with a vengeance. It makes me feel like I got turned into being breakfast for someone else. Is there any chance the Event could run until August 28th (Friday after this one) @ 17:00 PDT (August 29th @ 0:00 UTC) to help those who are late bloomers, currently including myself? Posted Image

...as the above text doesn't show the full impact. :(

As I'm posting this, it happens that I'm running in terrible shape. But worse, I've just been sabotaged even more by someone that I know offline through next Monday because what's happening will more-than-likely wipe out my chance to take further part in the B.O.C. 'Phase 2' Event's stuff. Without an extension to this part of the Event in terms of time, I am completely toasted and blocked out of about 86% of it. I don't even remember at this point with how I'm feeling as to what happened to let me get the first 14% done, but offline life has been hell since. -_-

Pardon me while I scoot again. I barely had time to type this, but not enough to build a Mech for later, and definitely not enough to play a Match either. On top of that, my current environment at this time of night is also dispermitting of my remaining active right now. :unsure:

~D. V. "I feel like this Event's 'Phase 2' should be simple, but I've been dumped in the trash can here." Devnull

#163 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 21 August 2020 - 12:06 AM

Sorry to read that you are in such a dire situation, Dev. You know, you don't have to build mechs extra for the Part 2 challenges? You can just run the trial mechs again. That's what I have done on my Alt, waited for Part 2 to commence and did both parts in one go. Sure, the trials are not ideal, but the requirements are not that high, either. Best of luck!

#164 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 21 August 2020 - 04:22 PM

I like the second part of the even. I have been diggin up some old mechs I haven't played for a long time to find out that they can be fun.

#165 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 21 August 2020 - 06:10 PM

View PostERescue, on 20 August 2020 - 12:02 PM, said:

The weapon challenges are ok with one minor exception. Short range weapons (in the torso especially) suck at shooting down UAVs.

Try using non-short range weapons (in the arms especially).

#166 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 22 August 2020 - 03:49 AM

View PostWarning incoming Humble Dexterer, on 21 August 2020 - 06:10 PM, said:

Try using non-short range weapons (in the arms especially).

Too obvious Posted Image

#167 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 24 August 2020 - 10:56 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 21 August 2020 - 12:06 AM, said:

Sorry to read that you are in such a dire situation, Dev.

Well, I get to bring you a happy update of the "late bloomer"-variety on my situation. After losing my mental calm and making people realize what they had done to me for three solid days, they finally gave me a small chance to blast in and finish off everything I had not finished yet. I now have the whole Event done, but barely with time to spare for reporting back in on these Forums due to how fast things move. The outcome for me on this Event has felt somewhat more like luck than actual usage of my brain, but I don't think it's because of the Challenges themselves. I think it more boiled down to how hard it is to get people to use the things they first were told in the Initial Tutorial (you know, like pressing "R" to use targeting for grabbing the important data which the Team needs for helping take down the Enemy side) along with getting them to also use the Communications Features (particularly the Command Wheel and its' signaling abilities) that are provided to literally everyone. :mellow:

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 21 August 2020 - 12:06 AM, said:

You know, you don't have to build mechs extra for the Part 2 challenges? You can just run the trial mechs again. That's what I have done on my Alt, waited for Part 2 to commence and did both parts in one go. Sure, the trials are not ideal, but the requirements are not that high, either. Best of luck!

Trial Mechs... *shudder* ...After the first roll-through with them, I was not very keen on doing it again. Thanks for the positive wishes however, for they are appreciated. Anyway, I managed to get the designs put together which I wanted to use, and they allowed me to mow through some of the harder-seeming sections on 'Phase 2' and get them done. :)

This said, I spotted one hole in 'Phase 2' for what the greeting text says versus the Challenges below. The item marked "Tech Challenge" is absolutely impossible to do entirely with Trial Mechs due to AMS not being present on any of them. I very much wonder if our ever-friendly Matt Newman is aware of this? :o

~D. V. "managing on the B.O.C. Event to recover in time... but wondering why the oddity" Devnull

#168 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 24 August 2020 - 11:11 AM

Good news! Posted Image Happy to read Fortuna smiled upon ye at last. It was truly hit or miss sometimes, and the luck of the draw failed me several times, too. I think I dealt 2k dmg with A-LRM15s and got 10 kill/kmdd before I was finally blessed with a team that could make a win happen when I did the Catapult Challenge.

#169 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 03 February 2021 - 01:04 PM

View PostMarquis De Lafayette, on 07 August 2020 - 11:50 AM, said:

It’s fun to see you Grus, it’s been a minute....you still active in MWO?

Sorry I missed this.

Just caught wind that MWO might have new owners soon. I might come back for that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users