83 replies to this topic

#81 OmniFail

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 438 posts

Posted 08 November 2020 - 03:58 PM

View PostNightbird, on 25 October 2020 - 08:39 PM, said:

I have more than 300k damage with IS and Clan LRMs, enough to have an opinion I hope?

Posted Image

Lol.

I have forgotten more about LRMs than most of you will ever know.

Posted Image

If the Bearded One ever wants to talk to me about my LRM experience and what I think needs to happen with them he can PM me. We can talk. He can even come see me. I am in his neck of the woods and the beers will be on me.

#82 D U N E

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 131 posts

Posted 08 November 2020 - 04:19 PM

Posted Image
This time only 2 ATM 9's were used due to them being light mechs. Commando was hit harder due to being closer. (Hibernal wouldn't allow a clean side shot from further)

3%/1% differences in the mechs, however they land, there is barely any change.

#83 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 08 November 2020 - 05:06 PM

View PostD U N E, on 08 November 2020 - 04:19 PM, said:

This time only 2 ATM 9's were used due to them being light mechs. Commando was hit harder due to being closer. (Hibernal wouldn't allow a clean side shot from further)

3%/1% differences in the mechs, however they land, there is barely any change.

I'm not sure 1 try is enough to accurately represent the damage, there is some randomness so I would shoot a few times for an average. The commandos big arms and the locust being a box also affect the same profile, the WLF and FS are much smaller from the side. If anyone is willing to test with a Piranha I think you'll see a decisive difference.

Edited by Nightbird, 08 November 2020 - 05:07 PM.

#84 VeeOt Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 12 November 2020 - 09:17 AM

i personally use a good bit of LRM (i'll put them on anything but an Assault mech) and i think they are all right as is though there is some room for improvement. personally i think the base lock on time is a touch to long and the circle you need to have the cross hair in is a bit small. perhaps a 10% decrease in lock time and 10% increase in that lock circle. both would make using locking systems at closer ranges more viable. hell for me at least streaks are almost impossible to use against fast moving lights due to such a small lock circle (then again i have hand tremors so that might be a factor.). other than that i think they are working fine. could use some kind of buff to Narc or tag but since i don't use them myself much i can't really say on that one perhaps decrease the tonnage on them (i don't play light mechs much at all). (i'm also an IS loyalist and find their LRM preform far better than clan especially against AMS and other counters, a good thing since IS needs something thats better than Clan)

i'm Ex-Army Missile Delivery Systems Operator so i have a special love for indirect fire and locking missile systems.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users