MECH DADS WILL PAY.

DONE.

#223 TENTACLE BOSS

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 45 posts

Posted 23 January 2021 - 11:29 PM

I've been waiting five years for this moment; I need to introduce you all to someone:

Posted Image

This is the Lone-Star, a cowboy themed Arctic Cheetah straight shooter. He has a revolver in the cockpit, a revolver warhorn, and a paint job to go with it, I've had him/used him for years, but all this time he's been missing one crucial component..

Posted Image

He can wear a mohawk and a samurai mask, but no hats, of any nature. He needs a cowboy hat. Let me put the cowboy hat on his head please. You are looking for ways to boost your monetization, here it is. I will pay out the *** for it.

I don't care about different laser colors and frankly think that would be silly, I like being able to distinguish what I'm being hit with, but more bolt-ons like this hat, and more warhorns, I'm all for that. Better head bolt-ons and warhorns will always be tempting.

EDIT: For all the people asking for subscriptions, I'd like to be the voice of reason when I say subscriptions are disgusting and I wont support them out of principle. Please don't add a bunch of subscription options, it'd look especially disgusting to newcomers. Focus on one time purchases whatever those purchases may be.

Edited by TENTACLE BOSS, 23 January 2021 - 11:55 PM.

#224 VLADIVOSTOK DV

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 18 posts
  • LocationRUSSIA

Posted 24 January 2021 - 04:40 AM

Голосовые изменения и звук были бы кстати. Ребята, покраска стоит безумно дорого один цвет от 500 до 1000мс, серьезно??? Разнообразить кабину разными вещами тоже хорошо.

Edited by VLADIVOSTOK DV, 24 January 2021 - 04:43 AM.

#225 3RoyalStar1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 121 posts

Posted 24 January 2021 - 09:41 AM

Please make cbill packs like 100 million for 5 bucks?

#226 Uncle Totty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSomewhere in the ARDC (Ark-Royal Defense Cordon)

Posted 26 January 2021 - 03:39 PM

Has anyone suggested the ability to buy things for mechs without needing to equip them first?

#227 Piffle

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 January 2021 - 08:26 PM

I'd like for there to be a way to get more than 91 skill points per mech. This could be something like, each mastered mech lets you add an additional skill point to your mastered mechs. A nice little reward for people who play a lot and have spent the time (and $$ ?) to have the mechs and have mastered them. Still gotta grind out the skills for each mech tho...

I'd also like to be able to set and save multiple different camo patterns for each mech (and bolt-on combo's?) and then be able to switch them in the load screen, especially for faction play. That way my camo might actually match the terrain, and you can charge MC for each pattern and for each mech, which could generate a lot of $$$ for PGI.

#228 InvictusLee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,693 posts
  • LocationStanding atop my MKII's missile pack, having a whisky and a cigar.

Posted 02 February 2021 - 12:24 PM

This one is for you Mr. Katz

View PostNovember11th, on 02 February 2021 - 12:14 PM, said:

Put cadets in wildy powerful trial mechs with niche builds, like the UltraViolent with LBx2 spam, or the Slepneir with 4LBX10 Or even the Splat/masc spirit bear and Madcat MkII's with all the dakka or lasers. Letting people use a hero mechs, say for a limited time until they graduate from cadet school and have enough cbills to buy their first mech. This would give them incentive to buy them with real money.

Also get rid of MC and go straight for dollar Value Per Mech. The extra currency is just dumb, if you want real dollars, not cbills, then put the stuff you want to sell on the website store, and not in game. Such as the TSP packs of the past. Like sell a pack of ten warhorns or cosmetics or boltons for 10 bucks or something, or give people the option to buy individual, specific items, like C-bill booster items for 20/30 bucks and individual warhorns for 2bucks? idk. I'm trying to help. I'm not a game dev. You could also go the route of Runescape; Where they have both cosmetics related microtransactions AND a membership system of 10-30 bucks a month for MWO. This would bring in an influx of ready cash, you can always look at your statistics meanu and know right off the bat whether or not you can afford to develop a new map for us within like a 3 month time period?

Its not as gloomy and doomy as russ makes it out to be.

#229 Daeron Katz

Senior Marketing and Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 270 posts

Posted 02 February 2021 - 01:57 PM

View PostNovember11th, on 02 February 2021 - 12:24 PM, said:

Thanks for your input! I'll chat with Matt about your ideas.

#230 Mechsniper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 457 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 02 February 2021 - 04:27 PM

The ability to utilize your camo of choice for a given map would sell you much $ in both colors and camo pattern! Why this has not been capitalized on is beyond understanding. There is nothing worse than being in snow camo on the swamp or forest map or in full woodland camo on polar!

#231 rook

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 149 posts

Posted 05 February 2021 - 12:33 PM

I would spend some MC on an item that I can use to reward a player during a match. Such as, if I saw a teammate that did some exceptional work to help the team, or an adversary that would doing well, I could use the "item" to give them a boost to maybe cbills or xp (akin to a premium time bonus).

#232 Crazylegz

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 February 2021 - 07:44 AM

View PostNovember11th, on 02 February 2021 - 12:24 PM, said:

I do think the idea above, of putting new players in super awesome mechs, is a great idea. My first mech was a trial Victor and I have loved Victors ever since. If it were a Dragonslayer I bet I would have bought it.

I still think MWO needs 24 / 7 FACTION ACTION! So exciting to check in on a star map that is constantly evolving..

As for monetizing 24 / 7 FACTION ACTION.. What if you monetize it by unit to ease the burden on individuals? Start off by giving units a way to spend all of the money in their unit coffers. A lot of units got pissed that they gave their cbills to their units and we never were able to do anything with it. If you gave units a way to spend their cbills on Faction play, maybe to 'pay for jumpships' or something, people would come back to the game to check it out. After we drain the unit coffers on jumps, allow the units pay for 24/7 FACTION ACTION. The mech dads and kids with money can 'sponsor' the players with less cash by contributing more to the unit coffers. I'm happy to pay for friends and unit members, especially if they are decent pilots! Posted Image

My unit plays a bunch of other games, we stick together. Give us a reason to come back and hang out together. A new map and camo patterns isn't going to cut it. We need planets to raid and defend.

24 / 7 FACTION ACTION.

Thanks.

#233 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 08 February 2021 - 03:02 AM

Since mechpacks have historically failed to provide a return on investment, how about crowdfunding mechpacks?

PGI would set up a page that has some concept art of potential mechs with the hardpoint specs and what role they envision the mech having in the game (including possible quirk speculation). Then, people pledge to buy a certain level of the pack and a progress bar is shown so we know how close a mech is to being fully-funded (cost estimate based on the cost of creating previous mech packs of similar weight class). If a mech achieves its goal, then PGI actually goes ahead and starts to make it.

#234 KW Driver

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 04:20 AM

the problem with ROI on the mechpacks I'm almost certain is their extreme cost. some of those packs cost more than a complete AAA franchise game, and that is just ridiculous.. Also, pricing by tonnage is stupid.. set the prices evenly, then adjust under-performing chassis prices to give more incentive to buy them.

I, for one, will NEVER spend $70+ dollars for a half dozen mechs (or just as ridiculous, the "a-la-carte" Dire Wolf is 3 mechs for $55, or 3 Kit Fox mechs for $50) .. I'll take that money and go buy a new game instead. If you want people to spend their money, you have to make it worthwhile to do so, the value in just saying, "I have it" doesn't hold up to those prices, except for a very rare few of the "collectors".. If you want to make the hero/champion mechs expensive due to their CB and XP bonuses, then fine, but to charge that kind of money for standard variant mechs that can be bought in game is crazy. The standard mech model prices in the web store need to seriously come down..

#235 TheArisen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 February 2021 - 07:37 PM

Allow us to pay to make our favorite mechs a hero/special variant and also put the cbill & xp boosting cockpit items in the regular store. A membership program that offers does things like permanent premium time and other benefits like maybe one or two free cockpit items a month and discounts on mech packs could also be worthwhile.

I'd also like to second Fupdup's crowdfunding mech packs idea.

#236 Drake67

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 156 posts
  • LocationEnterprise MS

Posted 02 March 2021 - 08:22 AM

one of the things that has been disappointing to me has been the S/hero variant has not always been a mech that I would want to pilot in the mech packs. Everyone has different play styles and plays different rolls. The dervish is a prime example of making the S/hero variant trash mechs. If there was a way to allow the user to make their favorite mech into a hero mech with the 30% cbill bonus and special camo pattern. like the hanging cbill bonus medallion. maybe make the S/hero camo patterns apply the cbill bonus to the applied mech. currently my favorite mech the catapult c4, would be more special with a unique paint job and 30% cbill bonus.

To piggyback on what someone else said, a 4 mech pack consisting of a light, medium, heavy, and a assault. for new players to be able to jump into faction warfair with out having to do the trial and error of figuring out what works and what doesn.t. one for IS and one for Clan. These could have adjusted weapons and builds voted on by the community.. A included camo pattern and 3 colors 4 warhorns maybe some cbill bonus hanging items. or these could be hero variants.

One of things I have been wanting, is Unit Decals. The unit i am in has a hunched over skeleton walking with a caine as a mascot. something like that to Identify the different units would be nice. Along with the unit Tag. and maybe some rank insignia. to add to the mechs.

it would be nice to have more basic color choices, maybe even some basic cammo patterns for cbills. Maybe a cbill sale of certain patterns from time to time.

#237 Yulri

• PipPip
  • Warrior - Point 3
  • Warrior - Point 3
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 March 2021 - 12:59 PM

I would really like to see the introduction of melee weapons. With bolt-ons now staying attached, and there being a button for activating them, would it be feasible to to introduce melee weapons as a "bolt-on weapon?" This would obviously have to be limited to arms that contain a hand, and it could pave the way for a new "Brawler Pack." This new pack could introduce some much wanted and loved chassis such as the Axeman or Hatchetman. It could also allow for new Heros mechs that would utilize this tech.

Some other Chasis could be: No Dachi, Ti Ts`ang, Gurkha, and Valiant

This could also be coupled with the following tech: Triple-Strength Myomer, Hatchet, Sword, Mace, Lance, Shield, Retractable-Blade, X-pulse lasers, chainsaw, and claw.
To offset this, clan HAGs, Heavy Flamers, and maybe a Harjel system with limited usage could be introduced for clans.

I would also like to see Fluid Gun/Sprayer to be used in sync with Flamers. The Fluid Gun, using fuel to coat the target in a flammable liquid, than ignite with flamers

#238 T e c h 4 9

• PipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Participant
  • CS 2022 Participant
  • 77 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 08 March 2021 - 05:47 PM

How about Unit Warhorns? Units could send in the sound byte and design of the warhorn, and if approved by PGI,it gets implemented in the game. Not sure the best way to implement or monetize this, but it sure would be cool.

#239 Javin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 519 posts

Posted 08 March 2021 - 06:01 PM

More maps to drive enthusiasm to get more players?

#240 AtomicFireMedic

Rookie

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 March 2021 - 05:03 PM

Has anybody been discussing xsolla and the barriers it has introduced to purchasing things in this game?

I came back after a couple years away and wanted to purchase some mechs. After a couple purchases I was unable to buy more until I verified small deposits..... Well they never showed up and I had to reach out to their customer support. This resolved the issue for that purchase. However, I now have to do this every time that I go to buy anything from the store. So I went ahead and setup a PayPal account to make it easier for me to spend money on the game. I figured I was an exception but the same thing also happened to a friend I got playing the game.

Perhaps somebody can look at switching the pay service to something that we can actually spend money thru. How much effort should the customer have to put forth to give you guys money?

I just figured I would bring this up since you guys were talking about monetization.

Thanks for considering the feedback.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users