281 replies to this topic

#241 JollyT95

• PipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 24 posts
  • LocationSeattle Washington

Posted 14 March 2021 - 11:44 PM

I would like to see a "Season Pass" model similar to the FPS games. 3 month pass that would would have goals that stretch through the season including colors, bolt-ons, GSP, MC, cockpit items, mech paint schemes for the month's Free Mech, etc. At the end of each season if all goals are met, earn an Exclusive item for that season, like a new warhorn or mech variant. I think it should also come with premium time included for the season.

My other idea would be to rework Solaris to be a player based economy with players able to be Sponsors for mech pilots and Mechwarriors limited to one mech per class with options to purchase a new mech (for MC). Changes, maintenance, and resupply would cost cbills. Sponsors would collect a percentage of mechwarriors winnings and could gift weapons and mechs to their pilots. Adding in video posts of battles or a streaming channel of the current class match up could also give Solaris the flavor it is missing. It would also be helpful if players could trade in cbills wink wink.

#242 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 17 March 2021 - 07:41 PM

View PostJollyT95, on 14 March 2021 - 11:44 PM, said:

I would like to see a "Season Pass" model similar to the FPS games. 3 month pass that would would have goals that stretch through the season including colors, bolt-ons, GSP, MC, cockpit items, mech paint schemes for the month's Free Mech, etc. At the end of each season if all goals are met, earn an Exclusive item for that season, like a new warhorn or mech variant. I think it should also come with premium time included for the season.

My other idea would be to rework Solaris to be a player based economy with players able to be Sponsors for mech pilots and Mechwarriors limited to one mech per class with options to purchase a new mech (for MC). Changes, maintenance, and resupply would cost cbills. Sponsors would collect a percentage of mechwarriors winnings and could gift weapons and mechs to their pilots. Adding in video posts of battles or a streaming channel of the current class match up could also give Solaris the flavor it is missing. It would also be helpful if players could trade in cbills wink wink.

Here to many uninteresting Items for it ..a Color ? and for it a Season Pass, the creepy ugly Bolt ons ? and the most warhorns more funny as good (who the Highlander warhorn?) For ist PGI not have the BT inspired and talented Guys...A Nuke Bomb as Bolt on for a BT Game and Chainsaws like Wh40k ...thats so Non-Battletech

Edited by MW Waldorf Statler, 17 March 2021 - 07:42 PM.

#243 JollyT95

• PipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 24 posts
  • LocationSeattle Washington

Posted 18 March 2021 - 03:07 AM

View PostMW Waldorf Statler, on 17 March 2021 - 07:41 PM, said:

Here to many uninteresting Items for it ..a Color ? and for it a Season Pass, the creepy ugly Bolt ons ? and the most warhorns more funny as good (who the Highlander warhorn?) For ist PGI not have the BT inspired and talented Guys...A Nuke Bomb as Bolt on for a BT Game and Chainsaws like Wh40k ...thats so Non-Battletech

I understand where you are coming from, My idea was to give players a reason to log in and play on a more daily basis. As it is right now I am only playing during the events for free stuff and after the 3 or 4 days of play to finish the event I don't have a reason to play until the next event. The only reason I even do that right now is because PGI has started updating the game again. I hope that they will be able to keep up making changes and creating new content. What kind of bolt-ons or items would be more BT inspired to you? That you would even be interested in achieving if it was included as part of an event or "Season Pass"?

#244 moose352

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 1 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 18 March 2021 - 11:25 AM

I dont think the season pass model would work well unless they seriously changed their valuation of mechs. Look at season pass on other grindy games like warthunder. Their season pass contains 4 brand new vehicles which are big ticket items of various levels and rarities with camos and boosters all for about 16$. Warthunder does utilize community made vehicle models and cuts the content creators a slice if the model makes it in game. Maybe they could open up mod tools to let this model become a reality, everyone wins. We get the new mechs we want, pgi doesnt have to spend as much on the resources and members of the community get to benefit for their effort.

#245 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 21 March 2021 - 07:40 PM

View PostJollyT95, on 18 March 2021 - 03:07 AM, said:

I understand where you are coming from, My idea was to give players a reason to log in and play on a more daily basis. As it is right now I am only playing during the events for free stuff and after the 3 or 4 days of play to finish the event I don't have a reason to play until the next event. The only reason I even do that right now is because PGI has started updating the game again. I hope that they will be able to keep up making changes and creating new content. What kind of bolt-ons or items would be more BT inspired to you? That you would even be interested in achieving if it was included as part of an event or "Season Pass"?

unfortunately the Bolt Ons were designed without any love for Battletech and were, if at all, probably based on third-rate books or novels ?...with the limited tonnage possibilities, hardly anyone will put a junk car or submarine turret on their back and do without half a ton of armour or ammunition for it.if Bolt Ons, then something that looks more like additional heat exchangers, components of modified engines, weapon casings (and no chainsaw dummies, please).
But we had already discussed this topic extensively in the forum before the bolt ons came along. There are also good bolt ons, like the bushes or the back banner.first PGI has to show interest in their game again, which was probably only there for a short time before the sale to EG7 and only to get the sale over the stage better.only good events with a lot of given stuff does not make a good game, but you need coders and programmers, and they are all gone for years and for the Cry 3 none more on the market who want to do the stress with PGIs engine.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

the Love from PGI we seeing by Maps like Hibernal Rift..oh...we cutting the half of the Map away and not looks like ramps and Ways of the new small map or the Last patch and the PPC/Gauss disaster

EDIT:

seeing the command chair Bolt on tread

Edited by MW Waldorf Statler, 22 March 2021 - 06:22 PM.

#246 MarsThunder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 237 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Posted 27 March 2021 - 08:01 AM

It is suggested many times to allow a player to define and save "mech variant - map - camo - colours" combinations.
This will make much more sense to camo and will allow PGI to sell more camos and colours.

Edited by MarsThunder, 27 March 2021 - 08:09 AM.

#247 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 27 March 2021 - 09:07 PM

View PostMarsThunder, on 27 March 2021 - 08:01 AM, said:

It is suggested many times to allow a player to define and save "mech variant - map - camo - colours" combinations.
This will make much more sense to camo and will allow PGI to sell more camos and colours.

Yes ,tahts a wish like all the others here from the first days of MWO ...im not seeing without Dearon and a Handfull People ,thats PGi and his Devs have any further Interest to MWO, its now selling to EG7 and for Russ ist MWO not longer im Theme after MW5

#248 Tranderas

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 74 posts

Posted 28 March 2021 - 10:02 PM

By all accounts the Dropship Deals were a good value and I like the Soulmates Bundles and Bundles of Love in theory, though it could definitely use better mechs. The Street Cleaner simply isn't good, for example, so even though its pairing with the k9 is a reasonable value for two lights, it's not attractive as far as getting two playable mechs to jump in with.

I know this is being beat to death, but I'd get with MagicPainGlove and work out pairs of heroes that have complementary styles in a FP deck and are viable in FP. Things like an assault to bring for a first mech in a fight (Misery, Kaiju, Sleipnir) paired with a 3rd or 4th wave med/light (Grinner, Death's Knell). That would help get players going into the fight right away with quality mechs so they can focus on building mechs rather than building to meta.

#249 Wolverine55

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 March 2021 - 09:49 AM

I am a newer player and enjoy the game and would like to support, but feel the current mech packs are too expensive to risk buying something for several of the same mechs that I might turn around and regret. I like having different mechs, not all of the same one. Being able to buy one or a hero mech is much more interesting.
Being able to unlock some colors and patterns for a few dollars would be great. Fortnite has made millions off small dollar customization options. Keeping the ability to buy mech bays for small amounts would be great. I think you lack more $5 to $10 investments that more players would be willing to do. I know I want to support the game, bought a mech bay pack, but beyond that nothing seems worth the value.
I have noticed ideas like season passes to encourage play. I personally think that if you really want more play you need to add some social features to help group people into units more. I played MCOC for a few years and it was the alliances that really drove the engagement in the game. Things are always more fun with people you like, but MWO doesn’t help someone find people to play with at all. I could write a whole post about the features MCOC built to help people find groups and work together.

#250 Asterisk

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 107 posts
  • LocationVandenberg AFB, CA

Posted 29 March 2021 - 12:09 PM

What about mech packs that are themed, rather than chassis-centric? A mobility pack, a support fire pack, a sniper pack, etc. Each pack perhaps coming with one 'Mech from each weight class that fits into a role, if possible, unless it's focusing strictly on something like the flexible medium 'Mechs, or fast light 'Mechs, etc etc. That way, we're getting variety of a theme, rather than, "Sure it's the exact same thing, but it's different."

#251 Soviet Alex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 626 posts

Posted 01 April 2021 - 03:30 AM

Here's an idea which may already have been floated & would require significant coding. So maybe it wouldn't be cost-effective in the short term. But here goes anyway.

In World of Tanks, each vehicle can have up to 3 camo patterns, corresponding to the 3 types of maps (Temperate, Snowy, Desert). This encourages players to buy up to 3 camo patterns per vehicle. With the broader range of map types in MWO, I would suggest a check-list of maps & 2 or 3 camo pattern slots per chassis. So for example a player could put "Snowfall" camo on their 'mechs & tick the boxes for the snow-covered maps for that camo slot. When they dropped on one of those maps, that camo would be applied to the 'mech. On other maps, it wouldn't. The check-list interface could be as simple as the weapon groups selection panel, with each map listed down the side & a tick box column for each camo slot.

The technical side of this would need investigation, but if it encouraged players to buy more camo patterns per chassis, it might provide a steady stream of income moving forward.

#252 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 01 April 2021 - 04:14 AM

View PostSoviet Alex, on 01 April 2021 - 03:30 AM, said:

Here's an idea which may already have been floated & would require significant coding. So maybe it wouldn't be cost-effective in the short term. But here goes anyway.

In World of Tanks, each vehicle can have up to 3 camo patterns, corresponding to the 3 types of maps (Temperate, Snowy, Desert). This encourages players to buy up to 3 camo patterns per vehicle. With the broader range of map types in MWO, I would suggest a check-list of maps & 2 or 3 camo pattern slots per chassis. So for example a player could put "Snowfall" camo on their 'mechs & tick the boxes for the snow-covered maps for that camo slot. When they dropped on one of those maps, that camo would be applied to the 'mech. On other maps, it wouldn't. The check-list interface could be as simple as the weapon groups selection panel, with each map listed down the side & a tick box column for each camo slot.

The technical side of this would need investigation, but if it encouraged players to buy more camo patterns per chassis, it might provide a steady stream of income moving forward.

its a Theme fom the first Days ...yes, and Problem
1:the Camous have a Effect only in Close Range,in the far Range all Mechs black
2:PGI have nothing sense for a Good UI and Settings, seeing the Click Bait for search and Install Warhorns or CP Items,or own Decals...select Decals--select own Decals -select all decals-and with Seconds Waiting Time between the steps.

Edited by MW Waldorf Statler, 01 April 2021 - 04:17 AM.

#253 Kurt the Merc

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 April 2021 - 02:00 PM

Customizable Pilot

#254 Botaine

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationUSA EVERYDAY

Posted 21 June 2021 - 04:23 PM

How about a monthly subscription fee that allows you access to all the mechs as long as the subscription is active? If you can't do all the mechs, exclude mechs that have been recently released for MC only from the subscription. That way people still have a reason to buy the new mechs if the subscription doesn't cover them for the first few months.

If that's too complicated to go back and forth between active and inactive subcriptions (what do you do with c-bills if you have all the mechs already? just save them until subscription expires?), you could have another kind of subscription that automatically gives you all the new MC only mechs, premium time always active as long as subscription is active, and even some MC bonuses to make up for when there aren't new hero mechs available. One way or another I think there is a lot of opportunity with some kind of subscription. I think it would be important though to make sure that the subscriptions don't stop people from buying things while it is active, so the subscription(s) shouldn't cover everything so there is still plenty to buy. Heck you could even have a subscription for all the mechs, another subscription for all the paint and decals, another subscription for all skills being unlocked or anything else in the game. I'm sure there is lots of money to be made with 3 or 4 subscriptions going at once, for about $15 per month each. You would have to see what people are willing to pay but I would start high and come down over time if it doesn't attract enough attention. Increasing it may upset some people.

Edited by Lehv, 21 June 2021 - 04:39 PM.

#255 Cannon Fodder 83

• PipPip
  • The Raptor
  • The Raptor
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 July 2021 - 12:04 AM

I would personally like the Atlas c variant added to the game to complete the atlas collection aside from the Founders or Loyalty one which i dont have. Why isnt the Atlas C varriant in the game? I as well as other players would love the firemoth added to the game as a pack.

I would personally like the Atlas c variant added to the game to complete the atlas collection aside from the Founders or Loyalty one which i dont have. Why isnt the Atlas C varriant in the game? I as well as other players would love the firemoth added to the game as a pack.

#256 Shivalah

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 July 2021 - 07:29 PM

I’d pay for a better Bitching Betty and better Audio cues.

* Target locking sound
* Target locked sound
* Faster Betty (by the time she finished "incoming missile“ you already got hit)
* Better alert for high heat

and more

there‘s a lot in this video which I agree with: https://youtu.be/5_OnswpCUcA

#257 T e c h 4 9

• PipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Participant
  • CS 2022 Participant
  • 77 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 08 July 2021 - 08:29 PM

With MWOCS (Worlds) coming up soon, how about PGI brings back the Tournament Supporter Packs??? You'll have my $10 for sure, as it was a good deal IMHO.

I mean, the closest I can get in value to that is the $15 Urbie New Player Pack....

C'mon PGI, support the Comp scene and World Championship Series by letting me spend my money to put more money in the hands of the winning MWOCS team (and your hands as well! It's Win-Win)

#258 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 733 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 09 July 2021 - 01:37 PM

View PostLehv, on 21 June 2021 - 04:23 PM, said:

How about a monthly subscription fee that allows you access to all the mechs as long as the subscription is active? If you can't do all the mechs, exclude mechs that have been recently released for MC only from the subscription. That way people still have a reason to buy the new mechs if the subscription doesn't cover them for the first few months.

If that's too complicated to go back and forth between active and inactive subcriptions (what do you do with c-bills if you have all the mechs already? just save them until subscription expires?), you could have another kind of subscription that automatically gives you all the new MC only mechs, premium time always active as long as subscription is active, and even some MC bonuses to make up for when there aren't new hero mechs available. One way or another I think there is a lot of opportunity with some kind of subscription. I think it would be important though to make sure that the subscriptions don't stop people from buying things while it is active, so the subscription(s) shouldn't cover everything so there is still plenty to buy. Heck you could even have a subscription for all the mechs, another subscription for all the paint and decals, another subscription for all skills being unlocked or anything else in the game. I'm sure there is lots of money to be made with 3 or 4 subscriptions going at once, for about $15 per month each. You would have to see what people are willing to pay but I would start high and come down over time if it doesn't attract enough attention. Increasing it may upset some people.

How about no?

View PostShivalah, on 01 July 2021 - 07:29 PM, said:

I’d pay for a better Bitching Betty and better Audio cues.

* Target locking sound
* Target locked sound
* Faster Betty (by the time she finished "incoming missile“ you already got hit)
* Better alert for high heat

and more

there‘s a lot in this video which I agree with: https://youtu.be/5_OnswpCUcA

Yeah, there's a lot in that video many of us agree with.

#259 Claive

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 74 posts

Posted 21 July 2021 - 11:24 AM

I would like to see drop deck packs for faction warfare. Customers could pay one price and get four mechs whose tonnage was close to or equal to the drop deck tonnage limit for the Clans or I.S.

#260 Army000

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 August 2021 - 09:14 AM

CBill Boost upgrade for a mech. This makes standard variant of mechs that are good (or better than hero or champion) give a permanent bonus to cbills/loyalty. Call it "champions buff" for the mechs.. I have plenty of standard mechs I like way better than hero or champion builds that i want to get cbills extra for.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users