2021 mechs

682 replies to this topic

#141 Brauer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 08:10 AM

View PostVoice of Kerensky, on 24 November 2020 - 12:33 AM, said:

And added.
Currently, lights (piranha, locust, flea, commando, javelin, and many others) are not afraid of anyone and anything but a streak-missiles. Tell me, do you want to make the lights an absolute and ultimate weapon?

You are woefully misinformed here. Lights have to fear ssrms, MPLs, CERPPCs (and actually IS erppcs and HPPCs too), gauss rifles, heavy gauss rifles, IS UACs (and in some cases Clan as well!), LBXs, ATMs, and LRMs at the very least. Laser vomit can also be quite effective against lights when used with anything approaching competency. Basically, lights have to be concerned when facing just about every viable weapon system in the game outside of the spreadiest of them all (RACs and MRMs).

#142 Hydraden

• Pip
  • The Venom
  • The Venom
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 08:59 AM

The Hellhound (Conjurer) please and thank you.

#143 valt901

• PipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 90 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 10:03 AM

One thing i would like to have a review on is armor points. Certain mechs, Cataphract comes to mind, have large armor points but are squishy. The Cataphract can have 120 points of armor in its CT. That is more than some assaults, but it is an easy to kill mech because you guys have, at some point in the past, nerfed the mech. 1 point of armor should equal one hit point, not 1 point of armor -.25. The Cataphract has low slung weapons which requires it to expose itself to shoot effectively so that is the trade off. There are other mechs in the same boat that have been nerfed. Change the armor points and reduce them if need be but quit with the artificial nerfing because you always go too far then forget about it and we end up with a ****** mech that is no longer playable. My .02.

#144 Augustus Ull

• Pip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 12 posts
  • Location@ my PC

Posted 24 November 2020 - 01:34 PM

My mech want list....

Hauptman
Akuma
Argus
Bandersnatch
Crusader
Enfield
Grendel
Grizzly
Hatchetman - even if the Hatchet is just eye candy.
Hollander - and the BFG to go with it.
Lineholder
Longbow
Vulture Mk.II / Mk. II - Go Clan Snow Raven!
Mongoose
Naga - for all the LRM Hero's.
Nightsky
Ostroc
Ostscout
Ostsol
Shootist
Stinger
Templar
Thug
Wasp
Wildcat
Wolf trap
Wraith

#145 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,654 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 24 November 2020 - 01:40 PM

View Postvalt901, on 24 November 2020 - 10:03 AM, said:

One thing i would like to have a review on is armor points. Certain mechs, Cataphract comes to mind, have large armor points but are squishy. The Cataphract can have 120 points of armor in its CT. That is more than some assaults, but it is an easy to kill mech because you guys have, at some point in the past, nerfed the mech. 1 point of armor should equal one hit point, not 1 point of armor -.25. The Cataphract has low slung weapons which requires it to expose itself to shoot effectively so that is the trade off. There are other mechs in the same boat that have been nerfed. Change the armor points and reduce them if need be but quit with the artificial nerfing because you always go too far then forget about it and we end up with a ****** mech that is no longer playable. My .02.

PGI had doubled baseline (lore) armor and structural points in all mechs very early beta, way before quirks and skill tree. With the type of game MWO is (not turned based, ie lore) better location and more hardpoints have eclipsed the cataphract.
  • Rescaling has potential. Locust is likely the bare minimum absolute size while the assaults are too large on the other end of the spectrum, as well as most other mechs in between.
  • Bring isXL inline with other two main engines, LFE/cXL with scaling non-lethal penalties LFE/cXL/isXL when heatbar is at 0%.
  • Ability of mechs, moreso humanoid mechs, to temporarily elevate arm-mounted weapons from the groin position, one arm at a time. Right now mechs with high weapon mounts are the better choice.
  • Ability to crouch/hull down
  • Engine Desync - went too far and a few mechs were then given negative mobility quirks.
  • Mobility itself - a mech should not be stopped by a pebble that it would actually crush, nor be stopped from stepping from the streambed (Canyon)
  • JJ effectiveness. Especially for heavy/assaults.

#146 Damnedtroll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 676 posts
  • LocationFrog land of Quebec

Posted 24 November 2020 - 01:56 PM

View Posttingod, on 16 November 2020 - 10:35 PM, said:

i want to see the avatar omnimech.
what is about melee? i like the axman and hatchetman.

Yes Axman, Berserker and Hatchetman !!!! do the hatchet like a std weapons, 15m range if physical dynamics are impossible !

Edited by Damnedtroll, 24 November 2020 - 01:57 PM.

#147 Valdarion Silarius

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationWubbing and dakkaing everyone in best jellyfish mech

Posted 24 November 2020 - 02:09 PM

Since we are on this topic and if Daeron is actively listening to suggestions then I would suggest in order (no particular order if it's going to be the classic IS/Clan one mech a month ordeal):

1) Firemoth

This mech is long overdue and I wouldn't think the remaining player base would even care at this point if it was nerfed to accommodate MWO's crytec engine. I think the value would be in the artwork/model itself and if the game would ever get a visual upgrade to a better engine.

2) Grendel

Clan mediums are a rarity and lacking in this department. This is a good solid mech choice for nearly having maximum armor, decent firepower and forfilling many roles that other clan mediums might struggle in.

3) Toyama

If the Word of Blake ever became a thing in MW:O then this is their poster boy mech. Solid mech, but not sure how MW:O would handle the missing tech unless they took it on themselves to add it. If we did enter the Jihad era they would have to compromise anyhow.

4) Crusader

It's iconic enough and many fans were asking for it. Might be a meaningful IS heavy that could bring interest builds to the table. Second choice would be the Longbow.

I'm not knowledgeable enough on IS Omni's to vouch what would be good editions to the game, so I'd leave that to the community to decide what would be solid editions that won't be absolutely trash. As much as I like the Templar, I could live without it.

#148 Lance McRaven

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warrior
  • The Warrior
  • 167 posts
  • LocationMentor, Ohio

Posted 24 November 2020 - 03:02 PM

I would love to see the Raven 4L, and the WolfTrap. Then let's take a look at the Grant Titan and the Sasquatch too. Heck, bring in more Solaris 7 mechs, and more people might play Solaris!

#149 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 477 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 05:57 PM

View PostBrauer, on 24 November 2020 - 08:10 AM, said:

You are woefully misinformed here. Lights have to fear ssrms, MPLs, CERPPCs (and actually IS erppcs and HPPCs too), gauss rifles, heavy gauss rifles, IS UACs (and in some cases Clan as well!), LBXs, ATMs, and LRMs at the very least. Laser vomit can also be quite effective against lights when used with anything approaching competency. Basically, lights have to be concerned when facing just about every viable weapon system in the game outside of the spreadiest of them all (RACs and MRMs).

Does it follow from the words you said that all the weapon systems you mentioned need to be nerfed?
Apparently, you and I are playing different games.
Regularly, literally every day, every game, I see how lights come into a crowd of opponents and lives for a very long time under fire and very often comes out alive. I often see how one 20 ton mech can bind 4-6 heavier enemy mechs in combat.
Of course I'm talking about pilots who have an idea of ​​how to play correctly on lights. Not those people who play on light and think they have the armor of the King Crab and firepower of the Dire Wolf.
I am inclined to believe that under the pretext that streaks are OP, people are simply trying to cover up their incompetence in playing on light mechs.
I hope that the PGI will not break the balance for the sake of the people mentioned above.

#150 thievingmagpi

• 1,577 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 06:06 PM

View PostVoice of Kerensky, on 24 November 2020 - 05:57 PM, said:

Does it follow from the words you said that all the weapon systems you mentioned need to be nerfed?
Apparently, you and I are playing different games.
Regularly, literally every day, every game, I see how lights come into a crowd of opponents and lives for a very long time under fire and very often comes out alive. I often see how one 20 ton mech can bind 4-6 heavier enemy mechs in combat.
Of course I'm talking about pilots who have an idea of ​​how to play correctly on lights. Not those people who play on light and think they have the armor of the King Crab and firepower of the Dire Wolf.
I am inclined to believe that under the pretext that streaks are OP, people are simply trying to cover up their incompetence in playing on light mechs.
I hope that the PGI will not break the balance for the sake of the people mentioned above.

That's because most of the people you see doing that can't even hit an assault mech with PPCs, let alone a light mech.

That's a them problem, not a light problem.

Edited by thievingmagpi, 24 November 2020 - 06:09 PM.

#151 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 477 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 07:30 PM

View Postthievingmagpi, on 24 November 2020 - 06:06 PM, said:

That's because most of the people you see doing that can't even hit an assault mech with PPCs, let alone a light mech.

That's a them problem, not a light problem.

Perhaps I will agree.
But I apply the same logic to the bad pilots light mechs. This is because they are unable to avoid streak mechs. They do not know which mechs can carry streaks and pose a threat, do not know how to use the "R" button, in order to look at the enemy's weapons, do not know how to maneuver. It's all not a streak problem.

#152 thievingmagpi

• 1,577 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 07:41 PM

View PostVoice of Kerensky, on 24 November 2020 - 07:30 PM, said:

Perhaps I will agree.
But I apply the same logic to the bad pilots light mechs. This is because they are unable to avoid streak mechs. They do not know which mechs can carry streaks and pose a threat, do not know how to use the "R" button, in order to look at the enemy's weapons, do not know how to maneuver. It's all not a streak problem.

No one ever said that "bad lights" are a streaks problem.

Streaks being auto aim is a streaks problem.

#153 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 477 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 07:48 PM

View Postthievingmagpi, on 24 November 2020 - 07:41 PM, said:

No one ever said that "bad lights" are a streaks problem.

Streaks being auto aim is a streaks problem.

But i've heard many timesthat bad lights are the problem for assaults.
Are we going to nerf the lights along with the streaks?

Edited by Voice of Kerensky, 24 November 2020 - 07:51 PM.

#154 thievingmagpi

• 1,577 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 07:50 PM

View PostVoice of Kerensky, on 24 November 2020 - 07:48 PM, said:

But I heard that bad lights are the problem for assaults.
Are we going to nerf the lights along with the streaks?

Bad lights are a problem for assaults? Huh?

#155 Vanguard319

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,436 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 24 November 2020 - 08:35 PM

Hey, once more unto the breach:

For starters, give us the 1st gen IS Omnimechs, The Black Hawk KU should be easy enough to fast track, seeing as it's just a 60 ton Nova. Hell, if you add the Sunder and Templar, you may very well sucker me to come back.

Also, while this isn't a weapons discussion, I would ask you to consider adding the Plasma rifle and cannon to the roster, if for no other reason than we can get this monster.

Posted Image

Edit: Since someone mentioned WoB mechs, Celestial series Omnimechs, though that means adding tech such as compact engines and gyros

Edited by Vanguard319, 24 November 2020 - 08:48 PM.

#156 Raging Owlbear

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 59 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 24 November 2020 - 09:05 PM

How about... oh, I dunno... maps?

#157 Thunder Fist

• Pip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 10:27 PM

I would love to see the Grand titan , Atlas iic , Atlas 2 , Atlas 3 , and the sasquatch.

#158 TheStranger

• PipPipPip
  • Deadset Legend
  • Deadset Legend
  • 69 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 11:24 PM

Limit the amount of LRM ammo Mechs can carry. Sick of the 'I can't play good so I'll Lurm' boys.

#159 TheStranger

• PipPipPip
  • Deadset Legend
  • Deadset Legend
  • 69 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 11:30 PM

Bring in proper omni-pods for IS and Clan

#160 thievingmagpi

• 1,577 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 01:27 AM

Honestly what weapon/hard point combo is missing from the game?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users