Psr? Im Confused

23 replies to this topic

#1 Johny Rocket

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 08:47 AM

So end of match where it shows your scour and the deal for psr, up and down arrows or equal for no gain or loss. I did 401 damage 8 assists, 1 kill 1 solo kill and 1 kmdd, my team wins 12 vs 5. I died in a 1 vs 3 waiting on my team to catch up.
How do I end up with an equal sign showing no gain?
I'm seriously confused on what your supposed to do.

#2 K O Z A K

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 18 November 2020 - 08:52 AM

View PostJohny Rocket, on 18 November 2020 - 08:47 AM, said:

So end of match where it shows your scour and the deal for psr, up and down arrows or equal for no gain or loss. I did 401 damage 8 assists, 1 kill 1 solo kill and 1 kmdd, my team wins 12 vs 5. I died in a 1 vs 3 waiting on my team to catch up.

that's like the definition of an "average" match, you killed 1 mech and died. Why do you think your PSR should go up?

Edited by Hazeclaw, 18 November 2020 - 08:52 AM.

#3 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,274 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 08:54 AM

Well, that's hard to say. I can only guess that other members of your team had a better Match Score while some enemy pilots did a lot of damage before being killed and thus ended with a solid Match Score too.

Could you post screenshots of the Mission Summary with the Team Stats and Player Stats, please?

#4 Johny Rocket

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 09:01 AM

View Postmartian, on 18 November 2020 - 08:54 AM, said:

Well, that's hard to say. I can only guess that other members of your team had a better Match Score while some enemy pilots did a lot of damage before being killed and thus ended with a solid Match Score too.

Could you post screenshots of the Mission Summary with the Team Stats and Player Stats, please?

No, I didn't take a screen cap of the scores.
I'm just trying to figure out what all of this is based on. They change so much stuff I can't keep up.

#5 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,274 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 09:08 AM

View PostJohny Rocket, on 18 November 2020 - 09:01 AM, said:

No, I didn't take a screen cap of the scores.
I'm just trying to figure out what all of this is based on. They change so much stuff I can't keep up.

Well, without those screnshots it is hard to say with any degree of certainty.

Anyway, check the first post of this thread: Psr Community Version 1.0

Paul Inouye's explanation how PSR movement is supposed to work. Scroll down a bit and you will find the PSR Change equation.

#6 Johny Rocket

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 09:18 AM

View Postmartian, on 18 November 2020 - 09:08 AM, said:

Well, without those screnshots it is hard to say with any degree of certainty.

Anyway, check the first post of this thread: Psr Community Version 1.0

Paul Inouye's explanation how PSR movement is supposed to work. Scroll down a bit and you will find the PSR Change equation.

cool thanks
all I was finding in search was old info or people complaining.

#7 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,274 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 09:23 AM

View PostJohny Rocket, on 18 November 2020 - 09:18 AM, said:

cool thanks
all I was finding in search was old info or people complaining.

If you wish, you can make a screenshot of the Match Scoreboard and then you can compute how much your PSR actually moved.

#8 w0qj

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,571 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 18 November 2020 - 10:26 AM

From personal experience, since I'm still perpetually leveling up unskilled mechs one after another (!),
and by reading this Forum about this new PSR system since July 2020.

In order of importance, I think:

1. First and foremost, it's how you much kill/kill_assist/damage you have contributed towards your team effort.
Even if your team loses the match, a few top match point team members can still have their PSR go up.

2. Kills, Solo Kills, and KMDD (Kill Most Damage Dealt), matters the most.
~Provocative question: So does [Solo_Kill] count as "3 Kills"? ie: [Solo_Kill] + [Kill] + [KMDD] ?
~Unfortunately the leaderboard does not count KMDD. But KMDD does influence your PSR rankings.

3. How much total Damage you have dealt to enemy also matter, almost as important as (2) above.

4. Kill_Assists also matters.
The more the better for your PSR apparently.

5. Damage or even kill (!) against your own team can really knock down your PSR results (up/down) at the end.

This is from a newer player's perspective, ymmv.

Edited by w0qj, 18 November 2020 - 01:21 PM.

#9 crazytimes

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 11:12 AM

Under the old system if your team won, you went up. Under the new system, you stay the same or drop unless you contributed above average to a win.

If you're consistently getting equals, then you're in the right spot. If you're consistently getting ups, then either you're fairly good, or the three tier spread on matchmaker means you end up seal clubbing unfortunate cadets even when you're tier 1.

#10 Johny Rocket

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 11:21 AM

View Postcrazytimes, on 18 November 2020 - 11:12 AM, said:

Under the old system if your team won, you went up. Under the new system, you stay the same or drop unless you contributed above average to a win.

If you're consistently getting equals, then you're in the right spot. If you're consistently getting ups, then either you're fairly good, or the three tier spread on matchmaker means you end up seal clubbing unfortunate cadets even when you're tier 1.

I knew it wasn't based strictly on the win anymore but thought the win mattered more than it does apparently. The kmdd isn't from the kill. The kill was a flea and he was beat up, I just munched his legs while chasing him.

#11 w0qj

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,571 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 11:37 AM

Did you do significant damage to your team mates?
If you did more than 10 units of damage to your team mates, it can hurt your final PSR ranking up/down.
(OK, I made up that "10 units of damage" part, but you get the general drift).

(Presume you did not accidentally kill your team mate!!)

View PostJohny Rocket, on 18 November 2020 - 11:21 AM, said:

I knew it wasn't based strictly on the win anymore but thought the win mattered more than it does apparently. The kmdd isn't from the kill. The kill was a flea and he was beat up, I just munched his legs while chasing him.

Edited by w0qj, 18 November 2020 - 11:38 AM.

#12 w0qj

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,571 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 12:24 PM

Another way to get your PSR rating up is to pop up an UAV as a consumable, which is similar to scouting bonus.
Especially just before you get killed while surrounded by enemies (IF enemies are not yet on other players' radar).

But I think you were referring how to kill/damage more enemies to get your PSR up.

Edited by w0qj, 18 November 2020 - 01:09 PM.

#13 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,274 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 01:18 PM

View PostJohny Rocket, on 18 November 2020 - 11:21 AM, said:

Being on the winning side helps, but it is not necessary.

The raw damage is usually the most important factor influencing your Match Score and thus your PSR.

#14 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,070 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 05:33 PM

weird things like team damage or just having an ams installed matter a lot.

Edited by LordNothing, 18 November 2020 - 05:33 PM.

#15 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 19 November 2020 - 11:00 PM

Brios made a very good explanation video how the new PSR system works. Take a look!
https://youtu.be/JFqlZXOVtdw

#16 w0qj

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,571 posts

Posted 20 November 2020 - 08:17 PM

Thanks, that's very interesting!

Brios' video says that your PSR is also affected by your total MS (Match Score) is also compared to MS for all 24 players on both sides.

This fits in very well with my anecdotal observation that:
"Even if your team loses the match, a few top match point team members can still have their PSR go up."

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 19 November 2020 - 11:00 PM, said:

Brios made a very good explanation video how the new PSR system works. Take a look!
http://youtu.be/JFqlZXOVtdw

Edited by w0qj, 20 November 2020 - 08:22 PM.

#17 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,274 posts

Posted 20 November 2020 - 10:06 PM

View Postw0qj, on 20 November 2020 - 08:17 PM, said:

"Even if your team loses the match, a few top match point team members can still have their PSR go up."

Yeah, it's quite common.

#18 ShiverMeRivets

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 520 posts

Posted 21 November 2020 - 09:28 AM

If you had a decent game on the winning side and still get equal or lowered psr it is most likely due to team damage that you did - this can lower you MS quite a bit.

In general PSR is mostly about beating your own team mates in MS. Your absolute MS does not matter, it only matters how it differs from your team‘ average and from all 24 players average. If you notice, the “24” include your 11 team mates, so out scoring your team mates helps you with both parts of the psr calculation. If your team does poorly, you can easily end up with positive psr on a lost match.

#19 Johny Rocket

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 22 November 2020 - 03:21 AM

Team damage keeps coming up, that's not it. I rarely rack up any team damage and that match I think was 1 point from bumping around in the drop.

From watching more matches in that mech which is a pretty consistent performer I think its the way they are balancing the psr by match score across all 24 players.
When I first saw they were doing it that way my inner individualist was like "thats some ********" but it does make sense to keep psr from just being a games played meter.

#20 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 22 November 2020 - 07:03 AM

View PostJohny Rocket, on 22 November 2020 - 03:21 AM, said:

From watching more matches in that mech which is a pretty consistent performer I think its the way they are balancing the psr by match score across all 24 players.
When I first saw they were doing it that way my inner individualist was like "thats some ********" but it does make sense to keep psr from just being a games played meter.

I'd rather have a "Games played" meter than be rewarded for screwing over my team-mates.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users