Mechwarrior Online 2021 Roadmap

313 replies to this topic

#21 Myfriendscallmecoach

• PipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 63 posts

Posted 29 January 2021 - 08:20 PM

So regarding modes, are they just going to be changed or will there be new modes besides the current/ revamped modes in rotation?

#22 Javin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 519 posts

Posted 29 January 2021 - 08:22 PM

Thank you for posting this.

That said, please new maps!

New maps would breath new life into this game!

#23 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 29 January 2021 - 08:23 PM

thats a lot of promises. hope you can make good. now if i could buy a mw5 dlc or a new mech pack that would be great.

wrt solaris, can we get a 4v4 mode and a simple match makers for it and 2v2? 4v4 could replace fp scouting.

Edited by LordNothing, 29 January 2021 - 08:27 PM.

#24 F4CTOR

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 January 2021 - 08:25 PM

Please PLEASE get rid of the idea of laser color customization. Laser sound customization could be cool maybe, but changing the colors is a horrible idea, since laser colors serve as an instant account for threat level and damage received.

#25 Rhialto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 29 January 2021 - 08:27 PM

View PostLockheed_, on 29 January 2021 - 08:20 PM, said:

because the change of daytime when it happens during a match causes a huge lag spike that is super annoying.

On low spec PCs or? I don't remember experiencing this...

#26 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 29 January 2021 - 08:30 PM

No changes to Artillery/Air Strikes?

I always thought the "fire and forget" nature with instant pinpoint precision was off balanced, either it should be some kind of laser pointer you have to hold for a short time or a beacon that you shoot and has flight time.

Edited by CapperDeluxe, 29 January 2021 - 08:31 PM.

#27 Tamerlin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 366 posts

Posted 29 January 2021 - 08:33 PM

Re: Loot Bags - Can we get an "Open All Bags" button? Opening one at a time can take forever.

Bugs - did I miss "investigate and fix heat bug"?

#28 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 29 January 2021 - 08:33 PM

View PostF4CTOR, on 29 January 2021 - 08:25 PM, said:

Please PLEASE get rid of the idea of laser color customization. Laser sound customization could be cool maybe, but changing the colors is a horrible idea, since laser colors serve as an instant account for threat level and damage received.

im ok with different colors for micros, standards, heavies, ers and pulse. no two different lasers should look the same. but for letting players paint their lasers different colors, no.

Edited by LordNothing, 29 January 2021 - 08:35 PM.

#29 Alilua

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 362 posts

Posted 29 January 2021 - 08:35 PM

After a year or more of no real content this is really disapointing.

quarter 1 should be hot fix
quarter 2 needs to be done in a month
quarter 3 and 4 really need to be combined and release at the end of q2 as a massive patch initiative to bring back old players and bring in new players.

Add some twitch item drops integration by then and pay a few big name streamers to check out the game with new changes and all that and you can then have the rest of the year to dissapoint us.

q3 needs to be new maps, mechs, and modes

q4 official mod support and community content initiative to at least start letting the community take charge to fill in the lack of developement.

#30 Daeron Katz

Senior Marketing and Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 270 posts

Posted 29 January 2021 - 08:40 PM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 29 January 2021 - 07:54 PM, said:

Grrrrrr......

All-in-all it looks achievable. I just hope you all stick to it and drop the ball again.

Wondering why I don't see any mention of removing insta-death from the IS-XL and there's no mention of revisting the MM. The MM was due for a revisit back in October, could you add this to the roadmap. Also, also, could we use a full week for sample data rather than a 24hr snapshot this time.

Edit: Might also be worth adding a 2nd, 3rd, 4th pass for quirks as well. Weapons are getting 4 passes because you know it won't be perfect first time, you're not going to get quirks right 1st time either so don't chance it.

We do have MatchMaker improvements down for Q4. If we determine we can do anything before then, we will move it up.

View PostRhialto, on 29 January 2021 - 08:12 PM, said:

Why?

And will classic TT be back soon? I see many classic in rotation but no classic TT. :-(

I will add Classic Terra Therma to the list a bit later tonight.

#31 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 29 January 2021 - 08:47 PM

View PostAlilua, on 29 January 2021 - 08:35 PM, said:

After a year or more of no real content this is really disapointing.

quarter 1 should be hot fix
quarter 2 needs to be done in a month
quarter 3 and 4 really need to be combined and release at the end of q2 as a massive patch initiative to bring back old players and bring in new players.

Add some twitch item drops integration by then and pay a few big name streamers to check out the game with new changes and all that and you can then have the rest of the year to dissapoint us.

q3 needs to be new maps, mechs, and modes

q4 official mod support and community content initiative to at least start letting the community take charge to fill in the lack of developement.

I get the distinct impression you're overestimating the resources PGI has available, and/or underestimating the amount of work involved... Not that I have ANY frame of reference to make more accurate estimates, but I figure Daeron probably does...

Edited by C337Skymaster, 29 January 2021 - 08:48 PM.

#32 Rhialto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 29 January 2021 - 08:48 PM

View PostDaeron Katz, on 29 January 2021 - 08:40 PM, said:

I will add Classic Terra Therma to the list a bit later tonight.

Oh great I already feel the nostalgia vibe in me... Posted Image

#33 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 29 January 2021 - 08:51 PM

View PostCapperDeluxe, on 29 January 2021 - 08:30 PM, said:

I always thought the "fire and forget" nature with instant pinpoint precision was off balanced, either it should be some kind of laser pointer you have to hold for a short time or a beacon that you shoot and has flight time.

I wish Long Tom and Arrow IV were playable equipment, rather than consumable off-map assets. You should be able to shoot down aircraft and dropships before they can attack, and TAG lasers were supposed to be for guided artillery munitions, not for LRMs...

#34 John Otis

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 January 2021 - 08:52 PM

As I expected. Cosmetic changes only. The developers do not intend to get deeply into the game engine. For me, MWO is primarily a 'Mech simulator, and therefore I would like the simulation component in the game to become more significant. But alas, it looks like it won't. I am saddened.

#35 Daeron Katz

Senior Marketing and Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 270 posts

Posted 29 January 2021 - 09:04 PM

View PostF4CTOR, on 29 January 2021 - 08:25 PM, said:

This would be client side only, so you would not see anyone else's color choices. and they would not see yours.

View PostCapperDeluxe, on 29 January 2021 - 08:30 PM, said:

The community has not expressed this to be a concern. It can be added if enough people request it.

View PostTamerlin, on 29 January 2021 - 08:33 PM, said:

Re: Loot Bags - Can we get an "Open All Bags" button? Opening one at a time can take forever.

Bugs - did I miss "investigate and fix heat bug"?

I like the button idea, and someone else brought up the heat bug. I will add it to the list.

#36 Dalko

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 January 2021 - 09:09 PM

I really enjoy faction play, but get far to bored sitting in que, can we please be allowed to at least get to the store and mechlab while waiting in que? I can kill a lot of time exploring new builds and mechs while waiting.

#37 crazytimes

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 29 January 2021 - 09:20 PM

In summary, in 6 months there might be a new map, and in 9 months there might be some hardpoints changed to make.a.couple of new variants.

Well I'm excited!

#38 Rexxxxxxxxx

• PipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 69 posts

Posted 29 January 2021 - 09:32 PM

There are little things in the interface that need to be fixed.

The Mech Store:
Sort mechs by IS or Clan
Very confusing for people who don't know which mech is which.

Tonnage displayed in too small a font.
When trying to get a mech to fit in your drop deck, you want the tonnage displayed in a bigger font.
Also want to sort mechs by tonnage in ascending or descending order.

Be able to display mechs loadout when its in your drop deck.
Currently you have to remove it from your drop deck just to see what the loadout is.

Edited by Rexxxxxxxxx, 29 January 2021 - 09:33 PM.

#39 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 29 January 2021 - 09:38 PM

If you guys can pull something to close to this off, I see good things coming.

I only met Daeron for a few minutes in Vancouver, but my perception was that he was a genuine good-hearted guy. If anyone can make this happen its him!

#40 VLADIVOSTOK DV

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 18 posts
  • LocationRUSSIA

Posted 29 January 2021 - 09:41 PM

Очень много вероятностей, нужна конкретика. Мы готовы играть, мы готовы платить, мы готовы поддерживать проект, но готовы ли поддерживать нас (игроков)???

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users