313 replies to this topic

#41 Bulletsponge0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,942 posts

Posted 29 January 2021 - 09:41 PM

View PostDaeron Katz, on 29 January 2021 - 09:04 PM, said:

This would be client side only, so you would not see anyone else's color choices. and they would not see yours.

The community has not expressed this to be a concern. It can be added if enough people request it.

I like the button idea, and someone else brought up the heat bug. I will add it to the list.

Wait... the heat bug has been known for a long time and it is just now being added to a list to possibly be fixed sometime in the next year?

#42 Odin Gunterson

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 62 posts
  • LocationLa Florida

Posted 29 January 2021 - 09:48 PM

Localizations!?! Yay!

What are your priorities, what languages are being considered?

I humbly offer my Spanish localization, made last year and located in a post in this forum...

https://mwomercs.com...d/#entry6264368

Do you have a hired Spanish localization team/person?
Would you be so kind to consider me? Thanks anyway...

#43 Odin Gunterson

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 62 posts
  • LocationLa Florida

Posted 29 January 2021 - 09:52 PM

View PostDalko, on 29 January 2021 - 09:09 PM, said:

I really enjoy faction play, but get far to bored sitting in que, can we please be allowed to at least get to the store and mechlab while waiting in que? I can kill a lot of time exploring new builds and mechs while waiting.

Hi Dalko, you should use these in the meantime:
https://mechspecs.com
https://grimmechs.isengrim.org

You're welcome!

#44 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 29 January 2021 - 10:04 PM

I am impressed with the mention of Matchmaking and Faction and Solaris all together
Don't forget Group queue 12v12 8v8 it needs match maker love too
Or history could repeat, wouldn't want dat

#45 Daeron Katz

Senior Marketing and Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 270 posts

Posted 29 January 2021 - 10:08 PM

View PostBulletsponge0, on 29 January 2021 - 09:41 PM, said:

Wait... the heat bug has been known for a long time and it is just now being added to a list to possibly be fixed sometime in the next year?

I have no idea how long it will take. Could be a week, could be a month, could be more. I have to investigate the current status on Monday.

#46 Daeron Katz

Senior Marketing and Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 270 posts

Posted 29 January 2021 - 10:12 PM

View PostDaeron Katz, on 29 January 2021 - 10:08 PM, said:

I have no idea how long it will take. Could be a week, could be a month, could be more. I have to investigate the current status on Monday.

And the region selection bug.

#47 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 29 January 2021 - 10:26 PM

Nice to see attention to the game, but a lot of this is just polish and regular tweaks. Don't get me wrong, the game needs polish and tweaks. If you can find ways to optimize the game to run better overall, that would be stellar. And the sooner PGI can tweak maps and churn out new ones, the happier I think we'll all be.

#48 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 29 January 2021 - 10:40 PM

enough to not uninstall, good job

#49 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 29 January 2021 - 10:54 PM

Alright alright at risk of getting my hopes up I read all the quarter updates.. some good stuff.. but it's still just talk.. also I didn’t see any mention of making mech quirks viewable (and separate from skill tree quirks) in mech lab without having to go to the store. Just make the built-in mech quirks a different colour than the skill tree node quirks and put them at the top of the quirks list box. It’s been requested quite a few times and I would think this qualifies as a ‘low hanging fruit’ item.

Ps. Please put no further resources into Solaris until the core game is running strong (QP with separate solo and group queues and CW). If anything work on getting scout mode running again BEFORE Solaris. Don’t think I saw any mention of scout mode?

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 03 May 2021 - 08:17 AM.

#50 GaelicWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 150 posts
  • LocationStuck somewhere between a Fantasy and Reality

Posted 29 January 2021 - 11:02 PM

I know its been said before, but I'm going to say it again,

THE GAME ENGINE NEEDS TO BE UPDATED!

#51 SPNKRGrenth

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 184 posts

Posted 29 January 2021 - 11:36 PM

Hopefully this means we'll get a full proper tuning of the 2017 Civil War era tech to match up with the heavy tuning that the old tech got earlier that year.

#52 Annihilator

• PipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 36 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 29 January 2021 - 11:46 PM

What about the Scout game mode? Can we get it back?

#53 killkimno

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 107 posts

Posted 29 January 2021 - 11:57 PM

1. I want the bolt-on patch to be applied quickly.
2. The Solaris 7 matching method needs to be changed-Toggle the division groups to allow in the search for players in the desired division, then start.

#54 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 30 January 2021 - 12:06 AM

Ok.

This is good.

I like this.

Apart from the permanent bolt-ons (which I hate with a burning passion), I like every item on the list.

More interested in those weapon changes, mech re-scale, skill tree improvements, and quirk revise.

Edited by Navid A1, 30 January 2021 - 12:07 AM.

#55 Hawk819

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,606 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 30 January 2021 - 12:16 AM

Quarters 2,3, & 4: Possible 2 Mech Variants:

My suggestions on this - Huntsman H, Enforcer ENF-5D for Q2; Dire Wolf (Daishi) C, or H, Atlas AS7-S2 for Q3; Battle Master BLR-4S, Executioner (Gladiator) H for Q4.

As for the possible two new `Mech Chassis:

The Clans need some Light `Mech love, and I hate this part of what I have to say. Give us the UrbanMech IIC. Model is already in the game as it is now. THERE I SAID IT!! Dammit, I want my Fire Moth!

As for the Inner Sphere, well one Chassis I'd like to see is the Penetrator. It has all the necessary variants:

PTR-4D

PTR-4F - The only Missile and energy variant.

PTR-6M

PTR-6S

PTR-6T

PTR-7D2 (this could be the made up variant, keeping the weapons loadout, but not adding the Actuator Enhancement System. It has the 6 medium pulse lasers and two Snub Nose PPCs.)

I mean, we got enough Ballistic Boats as it is, why not an Energy Monster that can pack a wallop. Although, I may live to regret this.

Edited by Hawk819, 30 January 2021 - 12:32 AM.

#56 Garran Tana

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 144 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 30 January 2021 - 12:31 AM

Separate Solo / Group Queues - I hope you will keep the small groups in general quick play as it was impossible to play with one or two friends before (and show them the game or just play for fun) and not get dominated to the point of people not playing groups if they wanted to have fun.

Also if I reed it correctly, there will be no new game modes at all? Posted Image

Edited by Garran Tana, 30 January 2021 - 12:32 AM.

#57 Commander Solivagant

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 January 2021 - 12:56 AM

I had an idea to make games more competitive dependent on the map chosen. The Variants

An example of the issue I am talking about would be:

I have chosen an LRM Warhawk, getting all keen to shoot people from afar. Map selection says Solaris City.

I am now completely ineffective based on luck.

If a variation mechanic/menu was introduced it would give pilots 3 variants to the currently selected mech (so no weight difference for matchmaking).

Being able to assign loadouts to the specific mechs variant menu in the mechlab.
After the map is selected, having something like a drop down menu in the drop preparation screen would be great.

This would ensure that maps would be played more effectively.

Just an idea.

#58 ImperialKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 30 January 2021 - 01:24 AM

Some great things on the list. I hope they come to fruition. IMO, 2 things need work

Maps: spawn points and invisible walls

Equipment/Weapons: Remove weapon bay doors from ALL mechs, it's a mechanic that's no longer relevant. And it confused the hell out of New players. Or at the least, they need to be implemented the way it's done on the King Crab, where it's just cosmetic

#59 Nightnovaa

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 41 posts

Posted 30 January 2021 - 01:37 AM

It's great there's talk about moving forward and adding new things.
I am hopeful from this but I DOUBT it'll be many changes that I actually like for instance clan UAC jam chance reset from that increase way back when ( like 2 or 3 tukayyyids ago now?) IS has their Racs give us back our UACs. (because I DOUBT the IS PGI members will ever agree to giving Clans HAGs)

I will sit and wait to see how things turn out because frankly this hunt the devs event had a serious LACK of devs playing I saw you Mr. Daeron Katz but you were on my team. I saw 3 or 4 streamers and that was it. The other guy in my unit who hopped on for the event said it wasn't even worth playing the event for the one streamer we did go against we didn't even see the whole match till he got killed toward the end.

#60 ghost1e

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 403 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationReigning World Champion

Posted 30 January 2021 - 01:45 AM

This is seriously good, apart from non-removable bolt-ons.

like, why??? what in the world made you think adding extra geometry to mechs would be a good idea. if you add them, PLEASE don't let them tank infinite damage. make it so if you shoot them the component they are attached to takes damage (but even that still enables messing with hitboxes, e.g. helipad arms for more tank).

with how I see this described right now, you're creating a very un-fun meta where you try to cover as much of your mech in bolt-ons and leave only a few spots to be damaged from. not to talk about its insane pay-to-win aspect as bolt-ons cost MC...

bringing back classic terra is insanely awesome, thanks.

if you need help with German localization btw, feel free to hit me up.

anyways, I'll have to see whether this gets actually implemented, even in only 2 years of playing this game I learned not to trust PGI too much.

Edited by TheUltimateGhost, 30 January 2021 - 01:47 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users