Mechwarrior Online 2021 Roadmap

313 replies to this topic

#281 Patb095

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • LocationQuébec, Canada

Posted 06 May 2021 - 09:31 AM

I'm new to this game...well not really, I played back then on my 80286 PC hehehe.

I'm very please to see how much MWO care about the guy's that has supported them so many year. This is awesome.

I think they should also car about bringing the game up to this current year as far as graphic goes.

I've looked at video about MW5 and they look great. I know it's a game comming from the 90's which make me feel back then heheh but MWO should also care about getting new player and that's not going to happen wihtout 2021 up to date graphics.

#282 Daneel Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Commander
  • Nova Commander
  • 173 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 17 May 2021 - 02:23 AM

Wow, first time back in a long time. Glad to see all this.

#283 TheHurp

• PipPip
  • Master Sergeant
  • Master Sergeant
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 May 2021 - 06:18 PM

do you guys think a mechpack for a faction deck would be good for newer players?

maybe one for each faction.

#284 Kanukki

Rookie

• The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 June 2021 - 02:31 AM

What's up with the Summer Solstice event? Solstice is in two days, and event has started or been announced.

It is listed in the Q2 Roadmap

Edited by Kanukki, 20 June 2021 - 02:44 AM.

#285 Kaptain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 22 June 2021 - 04:54 PM

Can we get an update to the OP please? Some things are still talking about March as though it is the future and other things like "jump jets Q2" are clearly not going to happen in time.

#286 Kaptain

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 05 July 2021 - 12:13 PM

Another question: When is the side torso destruction heat spike "bug" slotted to be addressed?

#287 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 05 July 2021 - 01:52 PM

View PostKaptain, on 05 July 2021 - 12:13 PM, said:

Another question: When is the side torso destruction heat spike "bug" slotted to be addressed?

It's not a bug, PGI did it on purpose because they wanted to try to make people use engines other than CXL and IS LFE.

It didn't really accomplish that goal of course, it just ended up reducing quality of life for users of those engines.

#288 Kaptain

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 05 July 2021 - 02:52 PM

View PostFupDup, on 05 July 2021 - 01:52 PM, said:

It's not a bug, PGI did it on purpose because they wanted to try to make people use engines other than CXL and IS LFE.

It didn't really accomplish that goal of course, it just ended up reducing quality of life for users of those engines.

Right, I am familiar with its history thus me say "bug" in quotes. I am fairly certain that it has been officially stated they are going to get rid of this "feature" but I don't remember where I read it or when it was slotted to be worked on.

Am I remembering correctly?

#289 Lord451

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 July 2021 - 08:06 AM

View PostKaptain, on 05 July 2021 - 02:52 PM, said:

Right, I am familiar with its history thus me say "bug" in quotes. I am fairly certain that it has been officially stated they are going to get rid of this "feature" but I don't remember where I read it or when it was slotted to be worked on.

Am I remembering correctly?

So that's why that happens. Frequently in my warmer mechs I get shut down when my side torso explodes. I guess it's losing heat sinks.

If they wanted to discourage everybody using better stuff, I'd recommend doing what the tabletop does - Balance based on a battle rating value and probably require more internal changes to implement. Unfortunately that would take lots of math and I get the impression they don't have any big math/editor people left. But something like that could be neat.

Edited by Lord451, 10 July 2021 - 11:14 AM.

#290 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 11 July 2021 - 06:19 AM

View PostLord451, on 10 July 2021 - 08:06 AM, said:

So that's why that happens. Frequently in my warmer mechs I get shut down when my side torso explodes. I guess it's losing heat sinks.

If they wanted to discourage everybody using better stuff, I'd recommend doing what the tabletop does - Balance based on a battle rating value and probably require more internal changes to implement. Unfortunately that would take lots of math and I get the impression they don't have any big math/editor people left. But something like that could be neat.

Or implement the rest of the heat penalty scale. What they have now is something that was described anecdotally in the books, but they're missing 90% of what there are actual rules for, which would further discourage getting that close to high heat to begin with.

#291 Kaptain

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 28 July 2021 - 01:43 PM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 11 July 2021 - 06:19 AM, said:

Or implement the rest of the heat penalty scale. What they have now is something that was described anecdotally in the books, but they're missing 90% of what there are actual rules for, which would further discourage getting that close to high heat to begin with.

Yes I completely agree.

#292 technopredator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 04 August 2021 - 07:40 AM

Will be great if you use Google Calendar to post the events in advanced for current and next month at least, if not the next 3 months, that way everyone can get the events and check them on their phone instantly, as easy as that. Or make a similar read-only Calendar on this section, or something else, I really don't care, but having a clear visual reference for the events I think it's necessary, with filters to know the event dates of interest only.

For example I want to know when the next consumable, color, patter and 'mech offers will be, but I can't find that info anywhere really, annoying, specially when this will really help the enthusiasm for players, specially new ones, you can prepare a small budget for MWO and buy stuff

#293 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 04 August 2021 - 10:42 AM

View Posttechnopredator, on 04 August 2021 - 07:40 AM, said:

Will be great if you use Google Calendar to post the events in advanced for current and next month at least, if not the next 3 months, that way everyone can get the events and check them on their phone instantly, as easy as that. Or make a similar read-only Calendar on this section, or something else, I really don't care, but having a clear visual reference for the events I think it's necessary, with filters to know the event dates of interest only.

For example I want to know when the next consumable, color, patter and 'mech offers will be, but I can't find that info anywhere really, annoying, specially when this will really help the enthusiasm for players, specially new ones, you can prepare a small budget for MWO and buy stuff

Technically, if you go to the event page, you'll see a drop down for "future events". The trouble, you'll find, is that not only do we, the players, not have any idea what or when the next event will be, but Matt Newman has no idea what, or when, the next event will be. :) These are a lot more last-minute than we realize, or would like them to be, and are launched just about as fast as Matt and crew can think up decent requirements and rewards and get everything programmed into their event system.

#294 KnightKnownasNii

• PipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 37 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationAnkeny, IA

Posted 16 October 2021 - 01:38 PM

PGI please for the love of all that is holy bring back 8 and 12 man drops. this is aweful and it almost feels pointless to build clans at all.

#295 Vajhra

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 48 posts
  • LocationFlying your dropship

Posted 29 November 2021 - 02:57 PM

Simple VR support!!!

#296 Sawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 402 posts

Posted 30 November 2021 - 05:24 PM

HMM i only want to add, that scouting missions with a twist, small scale warfare, but allow weight class's, 2 on 2 and 4 on 4, let me go on a scout mission with a ebon jag, and a cheetah, or 2 new viper F, or any IS mechs of weight.

SOMETHING NEW, i ran scouting missions for over a year, it was blast, and then you stopped me, with all the new training coming WOOT, should be good, i'll help : )

SAWK clanner

#297 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 30 November 2021 - 08:58 PM

How hard would it actually be to turn Scouting back on? From a PGI technical point of view.

#298 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,575 posts

Posted 30 November 2021 - 09:20 PM

View PostBowelhacker, on 30 November 2021 - 08:58 PM, said:

How hard would it actually be to turn Scouting back on? From a PGI technical point of view.

Afaik, it is already possible to see scouting as a random game mode in a given conflict.

#299 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 01 December 2021 - 04:39 PM

Wish that I had noticed this sooner... Here we go... :(

View PostPatb095, on 06 May 2021 - 09:31 AM, said:

I'm new to this game...well not really, I played back then on my 80286 PC hehehe.

I'm very please to see how much MWO care about the guy's that has supported them so many year. This is awesome.

I think they should also car about bringing the game up to this current year as far as graphic goes.

I've looked at video about MW5 and they look great. I know it's a game comming from the 90's which make me feel back then heheh but MWO should also care about getting new player and that's not going to happen wihtout 2021 up to date graphics.

Hello there, Patb095... I'm sorry to have to report this, but... PGI is legally blocked from doing the change of Game Engine which would be required to do any desired Graphics Quality that you deem as being fit for consideration as modern in the current 2021 era. To partially quote myself from when I was responding to another user...

View PostD V Devnull, on 28 November 2021 - 06:54 AM, said:

Are you aware that PGI is not allowed to change away from the "CryEngine 3" underlying base code due to CryTek's rather predatory licensing agreement restrictions? You are wrongfully doing PGI a disservice by considering the lack of modular UI resizing as a reason to walk away when they're legally blocked from dealing with part of the core cause. If anything, you could try getting a whole bunch of companies & users together which have all been negatively affected by CryTek's rather predatory licensing agreement restrictions, and either create a petition to file with CryTek to not be so hard-locking with their licensing, or flatly get some lawyers and launch a class-action lawsuit against CryTek for unnecessarily ultimately causing damage against the consumer in this manner because these predatory restrictions created by CryTek can only harm their financial bottom line as a business. Posted Image

...because even though I was addressing them on another matter — in their case "UI Resizing" was the topic at the time — which is affected by this same restriction, most of what I quoted there basically applies to your issue with Graphics Quality as well. Literally speaking, that CryTek company would have to take a severe hit in their financials and legal status before PGI might have any chance of breaking free to switch Game Engine and do what you call 2021-style Graphics Quality for those who play MWO these days. :mellow:

With that said, there is one warning... Not everyone can handle that change in Game Engine on their computers. Some of us are stuck on old systems and unable to upgrade due to the economy in the country where we live making it near-impossible to have any spare IRL $$$ for anything at all, including what little our human bodies must have to survive offline. Doing a change of Game Engine would likely drive a lot of people away from MWO forever simply because we would not be able to afford handling the effects of such a change. Some of us are therefore more than willing to accept not having perfectly epic graphics to view while playing MWO because our computers can not handle them, and because it means a lot more people are able to get into playing MWO as well. Maybe superior graphics are not always the reason that someone plays a particular game? And maybe that should not always be the defining reason that someone starts playing something new? Perhaps gameplay should be considered far more important? :blink:

~D. V. "PGI can not legally do in MWO those 2021 graphics you desire... They would also kill player base size too..." Devnull

#300 Alreech

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,649 posts

Posted 02 December 2021 - 10:10 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 01 December 2021 - 04:39 PM, said:

I'm sorry to have to report this, but... PGI is legally blocked from doing the change of Game Engine which would be required to do any desired Graphics Quality that you deem as being fit for consideration as modern in the current 2021 era. To partially quote myself from when I was responding to another user...

So you know the license agreement between PGI & CryTek?

Or do you just guess from the CryTek/Cloud Imperium Games lawsuit?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users