Guide

499 replies to this topic

#1 Cybermech

Tool

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,097 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:23 PM

Welcome to MWO cadets,

Our goal here as part of the MWO community is to provide new and vet players a neutral place were pilots can learn and ask questions.
Pilots also use this as a place to join on random groups or even find house/merc corps.
Here is a link to guides written by the community Thread

Any Time Zone

(Comstar EU) Address: eu1.mech-connect.net
Password: hG5!4Dg*

(Comstar NA) Address: na1.mech-connect.net (Higher Population)
Password: WordofBlake

Please join the Education Center if you need help or just new to the game/ts, don't be afraid to speak up
If you don't have a mic don't worry. You can type in the education channel tab once you joined the channel.
Please note that if you not using a mic that all we here is a little ping. If in game or people talking you may be ignored by mistake
All channels on TS welcome new pilots, just remember there is 8 and 4 man groups in MWO.
Also people helping out might go afk, be patient with them as they might have wife/husband/kids agro.
As always be nice..... but not too nice Posted Image

When asking questions or looking for help in the TS education channel please state.

If you want group training. (played a few games just need to start group work)

If you want to talk about a few aspects of the game. (any questions at all but you generally know what going on)

If you are new to the mechwarrior franchise and need some extended help. (for those who need a 1v1)

This is a new concept to this game so please understand that it might not be what it needs to be.
You will be helping us and the community by joining in as this will be a standard service provided to new players for a long time to come.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

How to install Teamspeak3
Teamspeak 3 Client (ts) download link Install the Client version either 64bit or 32bit depending on your windows operating system (OS), win7,vista...
Launch TS and go to Connections-Connect, In the box put your MWO name, server address, password.
This will put you onto the server were you can double click to join any channel.

Public TS channel structure
Please note that when joining the TS it will put you in the first room and auto mute your mic.
When you join any other room by double clicking on the channel you will be move there and your mic activated.

First few channels are for people to rant with one another.
Next is the Education Center with a few channels under it.
Then its the dropship waiting room, were you can wait there till someone is looking for 1 more to join a group.
In the dropship bays 1-35, anyone can join in. There will be 8 man and 4 man groups, so look out for channels with 7/4.
After that its player created channels for people in Merc/Groups.
Houses are below it for those with more RP in mind (in theory) but just people who want to pew pew.
Then we have different channels for those from different countries... germany, russian, Aus......
After that its Mods/server admin channels with AFK room last.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Posted Image

Edited by Cybermech, 25 March 2013 - 09:55 AM.

#2 5h3p4rd

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:34 PM

I'd like to sign up. I'm having issues with actually inflicting damage on a regular bases despite seldom missing.

#3 Shivus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:35 PM

This is a good idea.

#4 ronin

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 20 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:41 PM

Planning on having this again sometime next week? Tuesday or Thursday night would be great.

#5 Scav3ng3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,055 posts
  • LocationFree Worlds League

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:42 PM

I'll help ya out Cyber

#6 Cybermech

Tool

• 2,097 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:42 PM

This will be an on going project for a long time (hopefully).

#7 Arbalister

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 254 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:45 PM

If you need someone to act as a trainer, I'm available most evenings after about 5:30 pm, and almost anytime on weekends.

#8 Sloejack

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:46 PM

I would like to participate as a new pilot. I've been playing the game for the past 3 days and while I think I have a handle on driving my mech, I'd like to get a sense of team comms and tactics since most of my past experience comes from single player MW or B-Tech pods with no comms.

#9 Cybermech

Tool

• 2,097 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:48 PM

updated with a link for helping out

#10 ronin

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 20 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:53 PM

I'd like to sign up for next Tuesday . What time and please indicate time zone. After 5:30 pm cst is what I'd be interested in.

#11 Rattlehead NZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts
  • LocationAuckland New Zealand

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:20 PM

I don't need the training, but i think this is a great idea and kudos to you Cybermech for doing this.
From watching spectator mode i've noticed alot of mistakes made by new players.

Three main mistakes

1) Not keeping an eye on the arm reticle and end up firing at the ground or far right
2) Not watching heat levels. For eg: Using dual large lasers at 80% heat level instead of their medium lasers and shutdown.
3) To many groups or weapon systems. When they panic they end up using LRM's at close range etc. Get them to start with builds with no more than 3 groups.

Of course there are tactical errors as well which you are already covering.

It's things like this that make the MWO community the most welcoming and helpful of all games :rolleyes:

#12 Cybermech

Tool

• 2,097 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:27 PM

right now tomorrow is the only day.
next one could be everyday or next weekend or next tuesday. I have no idea

#13 Merrik Stryfe

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationAt my computer

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:00 PM

I've got D&D tomorrow or I would totally sign up (assuming I'm done patching by then). I would REALLY like if this was a recurring thing. In any case, thank you for putting it on! :rolleyes:

#14 Cybermech

Tool

• 2,097 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:37 PM

well hopefully this will have a few more added to the list by the time I log back on.

#15 Derick Cruisaire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 247 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:57 PM

This is a fantastic idea. Thank you Cybermech for setting this up.

I would really like to get some training. The vast majority of my experience is with TT and single player. I am having difficulty getting used to the much faster pace of PVP.

Unfortunately, I have a gig to play this evening. If this does turn out to be an ongoing project, I would definitely like to participate at a latter date. I have bookmarked this page, and will check on it often.

Thanks again for doing this. You, and the rest of this community rock.

#16 Cybermech

Tool

• 2,097 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:19 PM

best option is too bookmark the reference link.
this topic should be done with past 24h

#17 Tavarish

• PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:37 PM

I will be around for sure. Not in need of training, so to say, but up for filling up spots in groups and even giving feedback when able to. That said I wont disturb training sessions so no worry :rolleyes:

#18 Sloejack

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:59 AM

Did see any additional sign-ups for this. Given that it's scheduled for about 3 hrs from now, I just want to make sure its still going to happen.

#19 Gnume

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 279 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationPrattville, AL

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:17 AM

View PostSloejack, on 27 July 2012 - 06:59 AM, said:

Did see any additional sign-ups for this. Given that it's scheduled for about 3 hrs from now, I just want to make sure its still going to happen.

I am sure Cybermech will be in TeamSpeak doing this regardless of how many show up...he is just that committed and willing to help.

#20 Skinflowers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:24 AM

I've heard of Agony Unleashed/Eve University style piloting schools in Eve. If this follows the same principle then you can do far worse than giving it a go.

Get a +1 from me. Good Job. ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users