• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,423 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 03 February 2021 - 05:29 PM

1. Thank you MWO/PGI for adding in list of linked timestamps in video, to help speed up information dissemination!

2. Looking forward to further news of Bundle Sales.

3. Please update the MWO splash page (the one *before* MWO game client even asks for login ID/Pass word).

Logging from Steam, the MWO splash page still says: 2012- 2019

Edited by w0qj, 03 February 2021 - 05:30 PM.

#22 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 481 posts

Posted 03 February 2021 - 06:28 PM

I could not find the appropriate topic in the command chair (technical problems), so I decided to write here, I hope the developers will read this, and I will not get banned for a possible offtopic.
Micro freezes occur regularly in the game. And how, according to the law of meanness, this micro freeze manifests itself when you press the shot key. You aim for a while, press the shot key, micro freeze, there was no shot at the right moment, you press the shot again, but the target has already left the line of sight. Bottom line: the target was not damaged, ammunition was spent, a significant part of the thermal capacity of the mech was wasted.
And this, it seems to me, is not a sharp decrease in FPS, according to my feelings, this is exactly the stop of the game in my client. Yes, this freeze is instant, on the march it is almost invisible, but during the battle it occurs regularly at the most inopportune time.

#23 Heavy Money

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 03 February 2021 - 06:46 PM

View PostXaius, on 03 February 2021 - 05:09 PM, said:

I'm really hoping we see ams nerfs or more comprehensive lrm changes.
I like playing Lrms sometimes, and it is incredibly frustrating to get HARD countered by ams.

Personally, I think ams needs a range nerf, and non-lrm missiles need a health increase.
I'm okay with ams being an answer to lrms, but I hate when the enemy team has a single corsair and I can't hurt anyone on their team. I can't tell you how many times I alpha-strike with a missile boat and hardly tickle my target despite having clear line of sight, or how many times my missiles are obliterated before they even exit my mech. Ams should be a soft counter, and skilled lrm players should be able to play around the system.

If AMS is nerfed at all, it'll make it not worth running unless you're a 4 AMS corsair. The problem is the few mechs that can run 3 or 4. An easier solution is to reduce it so they cannot, but then to increase the amount of mechs that can run 2 AMS. This makes it a more distributed choice.

#24 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 481 posts

Posted 03 February 2021 - 07:21 PM

View PostChaotic_Harmony, on 03 February 2021 - 01:23 PM, said:

Sponsored by AMS, the weapon system that still stands no chance against concentrated woosh!

View PostXaius, on 03 February 2021 - 05:09 PM, said:

I'm really hoping we see ams nerfs or more comprehensive lrm changes.
I like playing Lrms sometimes, and it is incredibly frustrating to get HARD countered by ams.

Personally, I think ams needs a range nerf, and non-lrm missiles need a health increase.
I'm okay with ams being an answer to lrms, but I hate when the enemy team has a single corsair and I can't hurt anyone on their team. I can't tell you how many times I alpha-strike with a missile boat and hardly tickle my target despite having clear line of sight, or how many times my missiles are obliterated before they even exit my mech. Ams should be a soft counter, and skilled lrm players should be able to play around the system.

Xaius, and which one of you to believe?
You know, I will probably believe Comrade Chaotic_Harmony.
What do you want? Do you want to stay out of sight of the enemy, and so that all your missiles fall on target?.. Lurm Warriors are such Lurm Warriors ...
1) 4хАМS Corsairs, 3хАМS Novas and Kit Foxes do not appear in every battle.
2) The appearance of the mentioned 'Mechs in battles is caused by the uncontrolled reproduction of Lurm Warriors (and ATM).
3) With the combined of group and solo queues in a quick play, it became possible to form premaded groups consisting only of lurm boats (and the last couple of weeks, one unit has been regularly abusing this). And to them are added those Lurm Warriors who enter the battle on their own.
4) Stop playing on the lurms, and you will no longer see mechs with 3-4 AMS in battles.

#25 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 03 February 2021 - 07:32 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 03 February 2021 - 04:12 PM, said:

Love the time breakdown.

Mackie, Crusader - PLZNO

Gotta be IS omnimechs... by far adds the most "new and interesting"

Yes, this. A thousand times this.

#26 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,423 posts

Posted 03 February 2021 - 07:47 PM

I'm against further nerfing of AMS.
AMS as it is utter garbage, with players regularly seen not even bothering to equip it as a result.
Only when one has both (2) AMS Skill Nodes activated, the AMS (if you only have 1x AMS on your mech) is half decent.

A further nerfing of AMS means many mechs effectively *no*longer*has*any*AMS*protection.

==>On a side note, this proposed AMS nerfing may be a precursor of new/upcoming mach variants with 2x AMS as a de facto standard.

View PostHeavy Money, on 03 February 2021 - 06:46 PM, said:

If AMS is nerfed at all, it'll make it not worth running unless you're a 4 AMS corsair. The problem is the few mechs that can run 3 or 4. An easier solution is to reduce it so they cannot, but then to increase the amount of mechs that can run 2 AMS. This makes it a more distributed choice.

#27 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,423 posts

Posted 03 February 2021 - 07:53 PM

MWO can almost sell this as a new MWO Expansion (promote it on Steam!):

a) IS OmniMechs (this counts as new mech chasis!!)
b ) Possible timeline/weapon update (similar to the Civil War update of years past)
c) New mech variants
d) A few new maps

This can possibly breath new life into MWO, hopefully draw more players into MWO, and/or draw ex-MWO players back into playing MWO again.

(From what I've seen, there's been a significant number of ex-MWO players coming back already, judging by all those WHK-Prime(I), NVA-Prime(I), HBR-Prime(I), BLR-1G(P), HBK-IIC(O), etc.).

View PostGas Guzzler, on 03 February 2021 - 04:12 PM, said:

Love the time breakdown.

Mackie, Crusader - PLZNO

Gotta be IS omnimechs... by far adds the most "new and interesting"

Edited by w0qj, 04 February 2021 - 12:04 AM.

#28 Daeron Katz

Senior Marketing and Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 270 posts

Posted 03 February 2021 - 08:06 PM

View Postw0qj, on 03 February 2021 - 05:29 PM, said:

1. Thank you MWO/PGI for adding in list of linked timestamps in video, to help speed up information dissemination!

2. Looking forward to further news of Bundle Sales.

3. Please update the MWO splash page (the one *before* MWO game client even asks for login ID/Pass word).

Logging from Steam, the MWO splash page still says: 2012- 2019

Thank you for your feedback. Yeah that date will be updated in the February patch.

View PostVoice of Kerensky, on 03 February 2021 - 06:28 PM, said:

I could not find the appropriate topic in the command chair (technical problems), so I decided to write here, I hope the developers will read this, and I will not get banned for a possible offtopic.
Micro freezes occur regularly in the game. And how, according to the law of meanness, this micro freeze manifests itself when you press the shot key. You aim for a while, press the shot key, micro freeze, there was no shot at the right moment, you press the shot again, but the target has already left the line of sight. Bottom line: the target was not damaged, ammunition was spent, a significant part of the thermal capacity of the mech was wasted.
And this, it seems to me, is not a sharp decrease in FPS, according to my feelings, this is exactly the stop of the game in my client. Yes, this freeze is instant, on the march it is almost invisible, but during the battle it occurs regularly at the most inopportune time.

Have you sent this in to support@mwomercs.com?

#29 Rogard

• PipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 31 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 03 February 2021 - 08:09 PM

Love the video and misc was worth the watch. Excited for all the changes and let’s keep the events alive. Hope matchmaker changes moves up in the development and consideration of moving to 1 of each class per Lance to balance the game play and group drops is looked at. Thank you to both of you for starting 2021 off better than 2020.

Edited by Rogard, 03 February 2021 - 08:10 PM.

#30 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 03 February 2021 - 08:12 PM

Thanks for the timestamps.

Edited by VonBruinwald, 03 February 2021 - 08:14 PM.

#31 Sereglach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 03 February 2021 - 08:16 PM

Mention weapon/equipment balancing numerous times and never mention exactly what is being touched. That's frustrating, to say the least.

What's on the table? Flamers (MW5 style please)? Small Laser varieties? Jump Jets? Command Console? Targeting Computers? PPCs? RACs? Pulse Lasers? Anything that's not a sarcastic joke? Something meaningful outside of "we're looking to shake up the meta?"

If you're going to mention something like this, it'd be sincerely appreciated if you'd actually give us an idea of WHAT you're looking to address. It's the kind of low hanging fruit that actually has sizable and meaningful impact on what some of us have wanted from PGI, for years, and haven't gotten. To address it so lightly and flippantly is aggravating and does not stir up any sort of hope. Even if you can't give us specific numbers or changes, to at least be able to say "Here's some weapon and equipment systems on the radar for our first wave(s) of changes: (insert list here) and we're thinking about making (broad scope of desired changes here)" would go a long way.

Edited by Sereglach, 03 February 2021 - 08:17 PM.

#32 Andrzej Lechrenski

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 96 posts

Posted 03 February 2021 - 10:07 PM

The biggest problem this game has is how much people want to complain about this game.

#33 Absaint

• PipPipPip
  • Gunsho-ni
  • 73 posts

Posted 03 February 2021 - 10:09 PM

Regarding the Time of Day Changes, any change at this point is good, but i will miss the variation of the time of day in maps.

So a couple of sugestions for when you revisit this in a future patch:

Level 1:

Make the time of day in each map random, ot at least add some 6 variations (Day, Night, Dawn, Noon, etc), this way we have some variety everytime.

Level 2:

Consolidate some of the normal/winter maps into one and randomize which you get, as well as randomize atmospheric condition like fog, and random time of day as well.
This way you would vote on a map, but the season, the weather and time of day would be random.

Cheers and keep up the good work!

Edited by Absaint, 03 February 2021 - 10:12 PM.

#34 K4I 4LL4RD LI4O

• PipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 78 posts

Posted 03 February 2021 - 10:58 PM

I would like to gift bundles to my friends pls!

#35 GaelicWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 150 posts
  • LocationStuck somewhere between a Fantasy and Reality

Posted 03 February 2021 - 11:44 PM

View PostVoice of Kerensky, on 03 February 2021 - 07:21 PM, said:

Xaius, and which one of you to believe?
You know, I will probably believe Comrade Chaotic_Harmony.
What do you want? Do you want to stay out of sight of the enemy, and so that all your missiles fall on target?.. Lurm Warriors are such Lurm Warriors ...
1) 4хАМS Corsairs, 3хАМS Novas and Kit Foxes do not appear in every battle.
2) The appearance of the mentioned 'Mechs in battles is caused by the uncontrolled reproduction of Lurm Warriors (and ATM).
3) With the combined of group and solo queues in a quick play, it became possible to form premaded groups consisting only of lurm boats (and the last couple of weeks, one unit has been regularly abusing this). And to them are added those Lurm Warriors who enter the battle on their own.
4) Stop playing on the lurms, and you will no longer see mechs with 3-4 AMS in battles.

You must have missed this statement.....

by Daeron Katz in [ Announcements ] on, [color=#2495F3]Jan 30, 2021 8:00 PM UTC[/color]Posted Image19 comments

In light of recent events, let's be clear. Dropping in groups is OK. Using LRMs is OK......

#36 DeadWeight18

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Silent Killer
  • The Silent Killer
  • 263 posts
  • LocationLuxembourg

Posted 04 February 2021 - 12:41 AM

Finally, you guys get more professional with you communication! I would like to see that you take up more ownership on the promised deliverables in time and quality.

#37 Tundra Wolf

• PipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 24 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 04 February 2021 - 12:50 AM

View Postw0qj, on 03 February 2021 - 07:53 PM, said:

MWO can almost sell this as a new MWO Expansion (promote it on Steam!):

a) IS OmniMechs (this counts as new mech chasis!!)
b ) Possible timeline/weapon update (similar to the Civil War update of years past)
c) New mech variants
d) A few new maps

Like many players, I would like to see Inner Sphere OmniMechs added to the game. If PGI decided to move the next era, the Word of Blake's Jihad it would make some interesting maps. Ruined cities and scorched landscapes from orbital bombardments for example.

#38 ZortPointNarf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 261 posts
  • LocationIsle of Man

Posted 04 February 2021 - 01:44 AM

AMS is your friend, it may need a nerf to game score, but it also needs to start paying out for missiles shot down.
Taking it, means a sacrifice to you damage output (one I happily take), and there needs to be more incentive to players to use (coz clearly they have infinite tears) in the form of cold hard C-Bills.

I love the mix of solo and group queues, it has added a lot of variety to the game; yes some matches are completely unbalanced, but I view that as a kobayashi maru learning experience.

City map needs to have rain removed, it doesn't add anything and just kills frame rates. For the rest of the maps, I actually like the changing day-time and weather.

New mechs I am all for Omni-IS mechs, failing that, maybe hybrids (although I think that would be an absolute nightmare to balance)?

Side-note: The flash from ballistics hitting you is insane, complete blindness, the shake is fine and I love it, not being able to even see an atlas (at all) at 300m is just a bad player experience in my personal view.

Thanks for a great update.

Edited by ZortPointNarf, 04 February 2021 - 02:00 AM.

#39 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 04 February 2021 - 02:25 AM

View PostTundra Wolf, on 04 February 2021 - 12:50 AM, said:

Like many players, I would like to see Inner Sphere OmniMechs added to the game. If PGI decided to move the next era, the Word of Blake's Jihad it would make some interesting maps. Ruined cities and scorched landscapes from orbital bombardments for example.

I've been saying for years we need Comstar as a faction...

#40 IanDresarie

• PipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 92 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 February 2021 - 02:34 AM

View PostZortPointNarf, on 04 February 2021 - 01:44 AM, said:

AMS is your friend, it may need a nerf to game score, but it also needs to start paying out for missiles shot down.
Taking it, means a sacrifice to you damage output (one I happily take), and there needs to be more incentive to players to use (coz clearly they have infinite tears) in the form of cold hard C-Bills.

I love the mix of solo and group queues, it has added a lot of variety to the game; yes some matches are completely unbalanced, but I view that as a kobayashi maru learning experience.

(...)

Side-note: The flash from ballistics hitting you is insane, complete blindness, the shake is fine and I love it, not being able to even see an atlas (at all) at 300m is just a bad player experience in my personal view.

Thanks for a great update.

amplifying these points here. AMS is fine, an IS-LRM40 can get through enough to reliably do 600+ damage a game if you position well. At most, Clan-ATM might need a tiny boost to missile health? Obviously I lack the data so I could be completely wrong, but it feels like ATMs (and Clan Missiles in general) get countered by AMS a lot harder than IS-Missiles. Which I know is intentional, I just wonder if the current extent of the difference is intentional.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users