132 replies to this topic

#121 chaosshade2638

• PipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 85 posts
  • LocationAround

Posted 19 February 2021 - 11:44 PM

How about setting it to night time on Frozen City (new), Polar Highlands, Alpine Peaks, and Hibernal Rift? The snow's too bright at noon!

#122 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 20 February 2021 - 10:17 AM

View PostFlanking Boy, on 19 February 2021 - 12:42 PM, said:

i actual love all the old maps, because the are small, some of the other are way to larges.
in my book the worse map is polar Posted Image
but i think that should be an options for a players to deactivate a couple of the maps that they don't like.
so if enough deselected a certain map, it would give the developers a hint what people like and dislike.

There is literally none of my 100+ mechs that I like to play on the crappy classic forest colony maps. Zero. I don't even care if we win or lose there, the map alone makes this a bad match from the start.
Polar Highlands on the other hand can be quite interesting, depending a bit on the mech I'm in and the gamemode (Domination on polar isn't that great in my opinion, conquest can be good though). It's a bit too large most of the time, agreed.

I agree we should be able to select 2 maps we don't want to play on. Place a hint that it increases queue time, that's fine. With the current selection available, I'd only remove the 2 classic forest colony maps, leaving enough others to play on.

#123 II Marauder II

• PipPip
  • Nova Commander
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 February 2021 - 05:42 PM

View PostBuenaventura, on 20 February 2021 - 10:17 AM, said:

There is literally none of my 100+ mechs that I like to play on the crappy classic forest colony maps. Zero. I don't even care if we win or lose there, the map alone makes this a bad match from the start.
Polar Highlands on the other hand can be quite interesting, depending a bit on the mech I'm in and the gamemode (Domination on polar isn't that great in my opinion, conquest can be good though). It's a bit too large most of the time, agreed.

I agree we should be able to select 2 maps we don't want to play on. Place a hint that it increases queue time, that's fine. With the current selection available, I'd only remove the 2 classic forest colony maps, leaving enough others to play on.

I also love those 2 maps, i have a bit of nostalgia for them, and since they are not used often, it allows for a different game.

#124 PCHunter

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 54 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 12:22 PM

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but this patch seemed to me like you guys were really picking to lowest hanging fruit or just wanted to lay down a bunt - pick your metaphor. The map day changes were the BEST part of this. Everything else did nothing or little to enhance current game play. Your No. 1 short range goal should be to return balance to the matches. Right now it seems to be getting worse every day. We don't care the reasons - PUG, groups, Alt accounts, whatever. When you see a team of Tier 1's lined up on the other side AND your team has a serious weight disadvantage, one has to question just how the hell your algorithm is putting teams and players together? What series of calculations and comparison tests results in so many chronic mismatches? One can only wonder if there is ANY QC in this regard. I feel this issue alone threatens the future of the game.

The only short-term answer, assuming you cannot quickly and simply fix the match making module, is to handicap/debuff high tier players. If they're so skilled, then they shouldn't worry about having their weapons, damage and armor negatively quirked by 20% or more when they are in a match with lesser skilled players (defined as >1 tier down). Not quite parity, but at least something. This is a temporary short term adjustment until MM gets better, more new players are added and groups leave the solo queue. I discuss the MM issue every day in every match I play and, believe me, EVERYONE has issues with it. As a side point, my best, most fun matches are when I drop to Tier 4 where Tier 1 players are scarce (they still show up periodically). In Tier 3, where I live most of the time, it can be frustrating to the point of leaving the game and community. In fact, I did do this awhile back.

Bolt-ons? Seriously, you guys thought this was a legit fix for a patch in the face of the MM elephant in the room? If all it took was an adjustment to a single line of code, well then, okay. Come on PGI, you got some serious programming HP so use it. Stabilize the current game before you start snooping around for adding features, etc. The Time of Day patch was legit for enhanced game play - stay on that course.

#125 Katamori

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 01:58 PM

View PostPCHunter, on 22 February 2021 - 12:22 PM, said:

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but this patch seemed to me like you guys were really picking to lowest hanging fruit or just wanted to lay down a bunt - pick your metaphor. The map day changes were the BEST part of this. Everything else did nothing or little to enhance current game play. Your No. 1 short range goal should be to return balance to the matches. Right now it seems to be getting worse every day. We don't care the reasons - PUG, groups, Alt accounts, whatever. When you see a team of Tier 1's lined up on the other side AND your team has a serious weight disadvantage, one has to question just how the hell your algorithm is putting teams and players together? What series of calculations and comparison tests results in so many chronic mismatches? One can only wonder if there is ANY QC in this regard. I feel this issue alone threatens the future of the game.

The only short-term answer, assuming you cannot quickly and simply fix the match making module, is to handicap/debuff high tier players. If they're so skilled, then they shouldn't worry about having their weapons, damage and armor negatively quirked by 20% or more when they are in a match with lesser skilled players (defined as >1 tier down). Not quite parity, but at least something. This is a temporary short term adjustment until MM gets better, more new players are added and groups leave the solo queue. I discuss the MM issue every day in every match I play and, believe me, EVERYONE has issues with it. As a side point, my best, most fun matches are when I drop to Tier 4 where Tier 1 players are scarce (they still show up periodically). In Tier 3, where I live most of the time, it can be frustrating to the point of leaving the game and community. In fact, I did do this awhile back.

Bolt-ons? Seriously, you guys thought this was a legit fix for a patch in the face of the MM elephant in the room? If all it took was an adjustment to a single line of code, well then, okay. Come on PGI, you got some serious programming HP so use it. Stabilize the current game before you start snooping around for adding features, etc. The Time of Day patch was legit for enhanced game play - stay on that course.

Seems like you may have missed/didn't read the roadmap post where they said the first quarter is being literally dedicated to low hanging fruit. They even used the words themselves iirc.

#126 So You Say

• PipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • 75 posts

Posted 27 February 2021 - 10:27 AM

Don't remove groups from quick play. Being able to play with friends in quickplay has been great. Group play queue took too long to get a match and was more unbalanced due to larger group sizes.

#127 Son of the Flood

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 397 posts
  • LocationTier 3 basement - searching for funyuns and mountain dew

Posted 27 February 2021 - 12:30 PM

View PostSo You Say, on 27 February 2021 - 10:27 AM, said:

Don't remove groups from quick play. Being able to play with friends in quickplay has been great. Group play queue took too long to get a match and was more unbalanced due to larger group sizes.

Agree w/this 100%.

#128 Cherry Garden full of Blue Roses

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 71 posts

Posted 28 February 2021 - 11:20 AM

8 vs 8 QP comeback maybe?

Edited by Cherry Garden full of Blue Roses, 28 February 2021 - 11:21 AM.

#129 DAEDALOS513

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 28 February 2021 - 05:54 PM

View PostSo You Say, on 27 February 2021 - 10:27 AM, said:

Yep, also agree.. Are there any solo players out there that can say they have upped their game significantly because of group play being merged wtih solo? Like, did you learn what builds work? Maybe learned some strats or found teamwork is more prevalent in merged queue than it was in solo?

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 28 February 2021 - 05:55 PM.

#130 McGosy

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 March 2021 - 03:25 AM

Reconnection Time Limit and Early Leaver punishment threshold change
  • Change the Reconnection Time limit from 2 to 4 minutes to rejoin a match
  • Change the Early Leaver punishment threshold from 2 to 4 minutes

Somehow, there is still a 2 minute punishing if u loose connection in FactionPlay, or at least the text says so. I won`t test this, to find out what`s wrong!::)
°°7

#131 T33bor

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 18 March 2021 - 10:53 AM

Just putting this here so I can easily find this thread and check on the retro-active cadet rewards for new players

#132 Moonlight Grimoire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 941 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 18 March 2021 - 11:23 AM

Light PPC's need a cooldown buff (too long and too much heat for the damage and tonnage, cut the cooldown and it should be about right). Light Gauss cut the cooldown as well and it should be in a good spot. AMS needs a buff because we're seeing a lot of LRM90 Nova Cats, more damage per shot of AMS and Laser AMS, right now it destroys LRM5's fine but 6 LRM15's? Nope. Gauss feels fine, Heavy Gauss needs to remove the screen shake because it is actively worse than just taking two HPPC's, more so with how few shots you get per ton. More thoughts to come.

#133 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 18 March 2021 - 11:53 AM

The following changes are reprehensible:

MASC (All except the fill rate buff)
IS Gauss (Cooldown especially, health increase is ok)
Clan Gauss
Light Gauss (Damage buff welcome, cooldown nerf bad)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users