?

#102 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 481 posts

Posted 16 February 2021 - 06:02 PM

View PostZortPointNarf, on 16 February 2021 - 12:17 AM, said:

I fully agree with the AMS mechs effectively costing you money, game score alone is not enough, they need to reward CB.
Now that you mention it, when I need to farm, I jump in my lerm heavy mechs, as they are a lot easier to farm with (just not always as enjoyable)
How often are you encountering (and the community at large) these big lerm groups? (I am not playing as much as I used to, but I have not run into a single group since December)

Comrade Kodan Black has already given you an example of using such a mechanic.
I can only say that I regularly meet premades that use the described principle. About a month ago, one unit 1.5-2 weeks did just that, at the moment they have already stopped doing it, probably tired of it. But the point is not that any one unit or the same people abuse it. The fact is that there are a lot of people/units, each individual uses it not many (and few directly abuse it), but on the whole the picture is depressing - in 40-60% of battles you are faced with the abuse of lurms. This is especially acute when you need to pump a slow mech builded for close range fight. While a medium or long-range mech can, in principle, shoot quickly and leave the line of sight/behind cover, then a slow mech close range cannot do this. And I faced this in full during January/February, because I am actively trying to pump about a one and half dozen close range slow mechs. Thank God, there are only three left. After pumped them up, I will probably never use close range slow mechs in quick play again. And this is partly a consequence of the direct influence on the gameplay of lurms and the combined of solo and group queues. The close range slow mechs, for me, is died.
P.S. An increase in the reward for using an AMS ≠ an increase in the effectiveness of a single AMS. This measure is unlikely to convince anyone to put single/double AMS on the mechs. People (including myself) will still prefer to add additional heat sinks to their mech, increase the ammo load, install a biger engine, add jump jets, install another laser. Simply put, given the efficiency of one AMS, close to zero, people will always find the best use for tonnage and space instead of single/double AMS. No additional c-bills or XPs will provide sufficient motivation.
P.P.S. Sorry for another big text.

Edited by Voice of Kerensky, 16 February 2021 - 06:04 PM.

#103 Katamori

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 February 2021 - 06:24 PM

Dang my account isn't new but I hadn't actually played any matches till last week so only recently got the Cadet 1-25 done. Maybe I should have waited to play since it doesn't look like I will get the new rewards.

#104 GaelicWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 150 posts
  • LocationStuck somewhere between a Fantasy and Reality

Posted 17 February 2021 - 06:27 AM

I thought this thread was for the patch notes......

when did it turn into an Anti-Lurm rant?

#105 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,608 posts

Posted 17 February 2021 - 07:28 AM

View PostGaelicWolf, on 17 February 2021 - 06:27 AM, said:

I thought this thread was for the patch notes......

when did it turn into an Anti-Lurm rant?

Isn't that the supposed course every thread takes where doing so is not totally inappropriate? ;)

#106 Kodan Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 375 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 17 February 2021 - 01:42 PM

View PostLockheed_, on 17 February 2021 - 09:07 AM, said:

So about that patch, feels kinda empty.
I was looking forward to the patch just because finally something is happening.
I thought it would feel a bit better playing after the patch just because things start moving again.
I got to say if anything it felt worse.
Big patch announcement, lots of talk and then there's pretty much nothing the more you look at it. Even maps like Viridian Bog River City and Forest Colony reflect that feeling, they just feel more empty and boring in broad daylight.

Not sure what you were expecting given what they said would be in it:

Time of Day (visual but not huge)
Cadet Bonus (not applicable to most)
Unit Costs (not likely most think about)
Reconnect Timeout (Only comes into play on a DC)
Boltons (I think having them fall off so easily made them less interesting so you see them less)

I mean... basically the one thing that was most easily visually spotted you even admit you spotted. :D

#107 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 17 February 2021 - 06:14 PM

There's a lot of talk, but hardly any staff devoted to MWO right now. Still, they have to start somewhere, so making the experience better for new players is a least a positive step in the right direction. But already we can see a difference in tone from PGI vs. the last two years of virtual silence and neglect. We'll see what happens.

#108 Odin Gunterson

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 62 posts
  • LocationLa Florida

Posted 17 February 2021 - 07:43 PM

To give it awareness, I've updated my Spanish Translation Mod Patch to this Official Patch.

https://mwomercs.com...t-100-finished/

Enjoy!

(P.S., PGI, if you read this, and if you are interested, I could work for you to make the official game translation. Cheers!)

#109 ZortPointNarf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 261 posts
  • LocationIsle of Man

Posted 18 February 2021 - 07:07 AM

View PostVoice of Kerensky, on 16 February 2021 - 06:02 PM, said:

Comrade Kodan Black has already given you an example of using such a mechanic.
I can only say that I regularly meet premades that use the described principle. About a month ago, one unit 1.5-2 weeks did just that, at the moment they have already stopped doing it, probably tired of it. But the point is not that any one unit or the same people abuse it. The fact is that there are a lot of people/units, each individual uses it not many (and few directly abuse it), but on the whole the picture is depressing - in 40-60% of battles you are faced with the abuse of lurms. This is especially acute when you need to pump a slow mech builded for close range fight. While a medium or long-range mech can, in principle, shoot quickly and leave the line of sight/behind cover, then a slow mech close range cannot do this. And I faced this in full during January/February, because I am actively trying to pump about a one and half dozen close range slow mechs. Thank God, there are only three left. After pumped them up, I will probably never use close range slow mechs in quick play again. And this is partly a consequence of the direct influence on the gameplay of lurms and the combined of solo and group queues. The close range slow mechs, for me, is died.
P.S. An increase in the reward for using an AMS ≠ an increase in the effectiveness of a single AMS. This measure is unlikely to convince anyone to put single/double AMS on the mechs. People (including myself) will still prefer to add additional heat sinks to their mech, increase the ammo load, install a biger engine, add jump jets, install another laser. Simply put, given the efficiency of one AMS, close to zero, people will always find the best use for tonnage and space instead of single/double AMS. No additional c-bills or XPs will provide sufficient motivation.
P.P.S. Sorry for another big text.

Our mileage definitely has differed, sounds like you got the lerm end of the stick :/

I would be in favour of a doubling of spread for LRM when you are not holding your own locks ( I would still like to see a boost from NARC). It won't stop lerm swarming but it will make them more effective when you actively maintain line of sight, thus giving other mechs the opportunity to retaliate. Incidentally, I like loading my slow mechs with LRM, as I can then at least lob missiles as I vainly try to chase the nascar, before I get swarmed :D

I've found over time, that the ability to stay alive yields better results than getting off one more shot before I overheat; but that is one of the really great things about this game, you can tweak your mech quite a bit to fit your playstyle.

#110 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 18 February 2021 - 12:35 PM

Anyone else noticing you aren't getting audio warning of incoming missiles since the patch.. I thought it was just me but 2 others have mentioned it.. could be something there..

#111 Flanking Boy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 129 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 18 February 2021 - 01:32 PM

View PostMcGosy, on 16 February 2021 - 05:13 PM, said:

anyone else massive FPS drop since patch on maps
?

no mine seem fine

#112 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 18 February 2021 - 02:58 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 12 February 2021 - 02:31 PM, said:

I see you forgot one of the more important and really easy fixes: Cut both Forest Colony (Classic) and Forest Colony Snow (Classic) from the map rotation. These maps are so bad it isn't even funny. The few players actually wanting to play on this crap can use a private lobby. Posted Image

#113 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 481 posts

Posted 18 February 2021 - 05:28 PM

By the way, I would like to bring up one more topic to fix in the game.
I have already talked about the insufficient volume of sound when loading a Gauss rifle.
There is another problem with Gauss. The destroyed Gauss continues to emit a charging sound, as if it is still operational. And it seems even the indicator of the charge of the destroyed Gauss in the groups of weapons also shows that the rifle is being charged.
This is very confusing. For example, yesterday I played on the HGR Victor, they shot my left halftorso. Continuing attempts to shoot from the remaining Gauss, I was repeatedly misled: the destroyed Gauss made a sound of full charge (ready to fire), I (thinking that it was the remaining Gauss charged) released the button, but there was no shot, because the sound of the charge came from the already destroyed Gauss, while the remaining gauss had not yet been charged. As a result, I release the button (thinking that the remaining Gauss is charged), but the shot does not occur, I have to repeat the procedure for charging the Gauss = the target leaves the scope, I stand and take absolutely unnecessary damage in this case.
Am I the only one with this problem?

Edited by Voice of Kerensky, 18 February 2021 - 05:44 PM.

#114 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 481 posts

Posted 18 February 2021 - 09:12 PM

View PostZortPointNarf, on 18 February 2021 - 07:07 AM, said:

when you actively maintain line of sight, thus giving other mechs the opportunity to retaliate.

This.
You know, in general, I treat lurm warriors with contempt. But meeting in battle (it does not matter whether on my team or on the enemy team) a person who plays as you described, I have the deepest respect for him.

#115 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,608 posts

Posted 18 February 2021 - 09:16 PM

View PostVoice of Kerensky, on 18 February 2021 - 05:28 PM, said:

Am I the only one with this problem?

Yeah, VoK, I would think most people use one button to fire both hgauss.

#116 Exhall

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 February 2021 - 09:39 PM

Lots of people against removing groups from the queue again and not many in favour. I guess that's because most of us who have had our experience wrecked by groups have left the game.

#117 Astherisk

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 02:19 AM

What happened to the updated cadet bonuses? Did anyone receive them? I didnt. I did start playing the game over a week before the update though. Still seems like it would be fair to hand it out to anyone that started at least month in advance.

#118 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,608 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 03:11 AM

No retroactive reward injections as of yet.

#119 Kurt the Merc

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 09:30 AM

Excellent work. Glad to see something being done to add and retain a playerbase. battletech in general is a great franchise and I would love for it to continue to grow. Can't wait to see the influx from mech 5 release on Xbox. I hope you guys keep improving.

BTW love the crimson straight lighting change

#120 Flanking Boy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 129 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 19 February 2021 - 12:42 PM

View PostBuenaventura, on 18 February 2021 - 02:58 PM, said:

I see you forgot one of the more important and really easy fixes: Cut both Forest Colony (Classic) and Forest Colony Snow (Classic) from the map rotation. These maps are so bad it isn't even funny. The few players actually wanting to play on this crap can use a private lobby. Posted Image

i actual love all the old maps, because the are small, some of the other are way to larges.
in my book the worse map is polar Posted Image
but i think that should be an options for a players to deactivate a couple of the maps that they don't like.
so if enough deselected a certain map, it would give the developers a hint what people like and dislike.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users