Patch Notes - 1.4.237.0 - 17-Feb-2021

132 replies to this topic

#21 dario03

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander
  • 3,622 posts

Posted 12 February 2021 - 05:33 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 12 February 2021 - 02:31 PM, said:

The final reason to not spam that thread with an opinion is that we have added a new item to our Road map. That new item added to the road maps is.....*drum roll*... Make the rendering of bolt-ons an option in player preferences. YES, we have heard your feedback and we agree that this is the best way forward. This way players can enjoy the game the way they choose, with or without bolt-ons. We don't have a specific date for this change yet but we will be doing an initial investigation during this month and we hope to give you an update with our next Dev Vlog or the Roadmap update.

OMG YES! Thank you. Hopefully its not difficult so it can happen quickly.

Also, understand that Yoloing and purposely disconnecting from a match results in a negative experience for the rest of the players in the game. If the match isn't going your way, tough it out, it builds character and you always have an opportunity for another kill or to rally the team for a victory. If you are leaving due to unpleasant VOIP spam, muting and blocking the offending party will mute them in future matches, and reporting their behavior is helpful for our customer service department to maintain a positive community or enforce the COC rules.

A mute last speaker button would be helpful for those situations. Also a toggle mute all button would also be helpful for that and for players using ingame comms and discord/ts.

Time of day Speed Set to 0 for 6 Maps + New default times selected

6 maps had Dynamic Time of Day where the lighting would progress from approximately 7:30 am to 7:30 PM over the course of 15 minutes. (Most matches last 8 to 10 minutes) We have set the time of day speed to zero and set a new default time per map.

NOTES:
  • These time of day settings were chosen for this patch based on the existing lighting.
  • Our choices were based on gameplay visibility first and atmosphere second.
  • Please understand that they will likely be further adjusted in Q2-Q3.
  • We hope to be able to offer more variety in the future.
  • Crimson Straight received the most drastic change so let us know what you think. (were calling it Crimson Straight Dusk)
  • We are open to your feedback.
Here are the New settings:

Forest Colony - 10:00 AM
Frozen City - 08:00 AM
River City - 10:00 AM
Polar Highlands - 08:00 AM
Viridian Bog - 02:00 PM
Crimson Straight - 06:45 PM

So its only those times of day? I was thinking you would just turn off the ingame time transitions. So still have maps load in at different times, like every hour or so, but then it just stays that time. But this is still a great improvement.

Edited by dario03, 12 February 2021 - 05:36 PM.

#22 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 12 February 2021 - 05:57 PM

Would those Cadet Bonus be applied to those who already completed the bonus?

EDIT:

You should retroactively add the bonuses to old players.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 12 February 2021 - 11:22 PM.

#23 yrrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 221 posts

Posted 12 February 2021 - 06:00 PM

View Postcrazytimes, on 12 February 2021 - 03:38 PM, said:

Why go to all this effort for bolt ons? Almost no one uses them, and to avoid the tiny chance I actually see one- I will be turning off rendering the moment that becomes an option.

Where was the community demand for permanent bolt ons that made it the absolute top priority after 2 years of zero changes?

"All this effort"? If it is in this patch, it's probably because the level of effort wasn't that high. This patch isn't a "absolute top priority" patch, it's what they could get done currently as they start ramping up a bigger dev team. Like, this change is more or less commenting out code that causes them to fall off from damage, not some complex effort from multiple devs.

#24 Mechdocdie

• PipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 33 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 12 February 2021 - 06:24 PM

Hopefully not a stupid question but will switching off the bolt on rendering switch it off completely, or just for what you can see of the red team? I often enjoy my own teams efforts to tart up their mechs but would prefer to take clean shots of my naked opponents.

Random thought - does any one play MWO naked?

#25 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 12 February 2021 - 06:29 PM

Minor Bug Fix
  • LightGaussRifle minheatpenaltylevel="3" changed to minheatpenaltylevel="4"

Just a note on this.

This change will only allow 2xLGauss + 1xLight PPC to fire without penalty.
Charge limit still is going to be 2, and firing 2 LGauss with any other PPC will cause ghost heat (since PPCs have a limit of 2 GH-free, and they are linked to LGauss).

Honestly, I'd just remove ghost heat from light gauss altogether... since the charge limit of 2 will limit its alpha naturally.

Edited by Navid A1, 12 February 2021 - 06:37 PM.

#26 crazytimes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 12 February 2021 - 06:33 PM

View Postyrrot, on 12 February 2021 - 06:00 PM, said:

"All this effort"? If it is in this patch, it's probably because the level of effort wasn't that high. This patch isn't a "absolute top priority" patch, it's what they could get done currently as they start ramping up a bigger dev team. Like, this change is more or less commenting out code that causes them to fall off from damage, not some complex effort from multiple devs.

It has taken them two years, millions in revenue and a capital injection to make this first actual patch in 2 years from the entire dev team.

How dare you belittle the resources that went into this.

#27 3RoyalStar1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 121 posts

Posted 12 February 2021 - 06:40 PM

What about the people who were playing before the new cadet bonus do we get the cbills?

#28 ScorpioMech

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 February 2021 - 07:04 PM

• Change the Reconnection Time limit from 2 to 4 minutes to rejoin a match
  • Change the Early Leaver punishment threshold from 2 to 4 minutes
We hope this change will allow players to reconnect to matches when they have connection or crash issues. Please note your mech will remain in the game so it could be destroyed by the time you return.</p>

That's actually a good idea cause - as somebody else already mentioned - almost all of the times I got disconnected it's due to a crash of the game and after that it costs me some time to get back into the game. And because I try this every time there is one thing that in my opinion should be changed as well: Of course it's alright for a variety of reasons that a mech "will remain in the game so it could be destroyed" - but that shouldn't be possible in that first four minutes of reconnection time!

Why? First of all it's totally annoying if your game crashes for whatever reasons and you hustle to come back only to find a nice animated sequence of how some red fast-mover shot your mech into the back... Well, being annoying alone might not be bad enough to change something, but additionally there is absolutely no inherent merit in destroying a non-piloted mech. Some might even consider it "unfair", although it's currently possible.

I suggest to make mechs which are disconnected from the beginning of a match (not in the later game!) to be indestructible for the first four minutes of reconnection time. If it helps with the immersion, add a blue ring or shimmer around them to indicate something like a protective force field left from the dropship or whatever that vanishes after that said four minutes.

That's a very little change (at least I guess so...) which is not only a step towards more fairness but also hopefully works as an incentive to get back into a match in time (instead of just taking out another mech and getting into another match).

Just my 2 cents...

#29 Chaotic_Harmony

• PipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 55 posts

Posted 12 February 2021 - 07:44 PM

"If you are leaving early because of groups in quickplay please know we are looking to remove groups from the solo queue. It's on the roadmap and we hope to give you updated criteria for making this happen along with an ETA on when we hope to do the work"

Oh good so we MIGHT actually have a playable solo experience again? Nice. Wellp, time to play almost exclusively groups of 4 until that happens!

I'll believe it when I see it.

Edited by Chaotic_Harmony, 12 February 2021 - 07:47 PM.

#30 Dithmenos

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 February 2021 - 08:10 PM

My 11 teammates are always yoloing, when yoloing means to ignore your team, do your own thing and die stupidly. I'm glad that there are groups to reduce this yoloing.

#31 Nukebirb

• Pip
  • The Blazing
  • 12 posts
  • LocationNorth Osea

Posted 12 February 2021 - 08:14 PM

View Post3RoyalStar1, on 12 February 2021 - 06:40 PM, said:

What about the people who were playing before the new cadet bonus do we get the cbills?

honestly, screw the c-bills, give me the mech bay and the cockpit items.

#32 MayoRe

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 February 2021 - 08:18 PM

Is Crimson Straight a new map? I only know Crimson Strait..

#33 DevinMace

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 42 posts

Posted 12 February 2021 - 08:41 PM

Posted Image

I certainly hope there are more details then getting rid of groups and destroying the growing large group of new units. Cause I have to tell you, Faction play isn't fun and I can't imagine if there is just a group queue that new units will do well within that.

#34 Nukebirb

• Pip
  • The Blazing
  • 12 posts
  • LocationNorth Osea

Posted 12 February 2021 - 10:19 PM

View PostDevinMace, on 12 February 2021 - 08:41 PM, said:

Posted Image

I certainly hope there are more details then getting rid of groups and destroying the growing large group of new units. Cause I have to tell you, Faction play isn't fun and I can't imagine if there is just a group queue that new units will do well within that.

why not give players a choice between mixed and solo-only queue?

#35 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 12 February 2021 - 11:14 PM

View PostNavid A1, on 12 February 2021 - 06:29 PM, said:

Just a note on this.

This change will only allow 2xLGauss + 1xLight PPC to fire without penalty.
Charge limit still is going to be 2, and firing 2 LGauss with any other PPC will cause ghost heat (since PPCs have a limit of 2 GH-free, and they are linked to LGauss).

Honestly, I'd just remove ghost heat from light gauss altogether... since the charge limit of 2 will limit its alpha naturally.

You mean unlinked? Because the GH IIRC uses the lowest maximum weapons with linked groups. So even if without GH, if you use it with an LPPC, it's still 3 before GH.

#36 Coffeeghoul

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 12 February 2021 - 11:48 PM

The new Cadet bonuses are fantastic!
The reconnection time limit too. Old PC + lame internet connection often makes me impossible to reconnect in time. Well, I'm mostly dead anyway, but still. ;)

#37 6yxapb

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 58 posts

Posted 13 February 2021 - 12:23 AM

Facepalm.... Instead of change this ridiculous system you making it more ridiculous....If i have connection problems im gonna be punished for that..GENIUS!!!BRAVO!!!And now punishment time are doubled. So if it problem because of you i still will have 4 minutes ban for disconnection.. I have only one question - what is wrong with you ???

Are you cant see difference between leaving game in purpose and connection problems???? omg...

Edited by 6yxapb, 13 February 2021 - 12:24 AM.

#38 Matthew Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 891 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 13 February 2021 - 12:42 AM

View Post6yxapb, on 13 February 2021 - 12:23 AM, said:

Facepalm.... Instead of change this ridiculous system you making it more ridiculous....If i have connection problems im gonna be punished for that..GENIUS!!!BRAVO!!!And now punishment time are doubled. So if it problem because of you i still will have 4 minutes ban for disconnection.. I have only one question - what is wrong with you ???

Are you cant see difference between leaving game in purpose and connection problems???? omg...

The threshold meant that rejoining within the timeframe does not give penalty, NOT doubling the punishment period.

It took me a double take when they first mentioned it in the roadmap for 2021 as well.

Edited by Matthew Ace, 13 February 2021 - 02:40 AM.

#39 Meppoy

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 48 posts

Posted 13 February 2021 - 12:51 AM

It brings hope for the future development, and I'm glad to see the re-initiation of the process. But let's just say that it's gonna be a small one, and... personally - I'm OK with it. Big things require a lot of time to finish them). Looking forward towards next patch already, and hope that this one gonna affect the game in a positive way. Cheers, everybody).

#40 MarsThunder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 237 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Posted 13 February 2021 - 01:36 AM

View PostNeckWorrier, on 12 February 2021 - 02:41 PM, said:

Second!

PGI, I suggest to delete these posts automatically. And ban posters.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users