• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 13 February 2021 - 02:19 AM

View Post6yxapb, on 13 February 2021 - 12:23 AM, said:

• Change the Early Leaver punishment threshold from 2 to 4 minutes
Facepalm.... Instead of change this ridiculous system you making it more ridiculous....If i have connection problems im gonna be punished for that..GENIUS!!!BRAVO!!!And now punishment time are doubled. So if it problem because of you i still will have 4 minutes ban for disconnection.. I have only one question - what is wrong with you ???

Are you cant see difference between leaving game in purpose and connection problems???? omg...

Is this deep sarcasm?!

#42 Duke78

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16 posts
  • LocationBremen - Germany

Posted 13 February 2021 - 02:29 AM

Totally dig the "bolt-ons stay on the mech" thing!!! I didn´t bother to run them because they fell of at the slightest sneeze, thus not being worth the investment. With them staying on, I can see me using them to customize my mechs.
But I also understand the point that some of them should come off due to the reasons mentioned in the patch notes.
A suggestion from my side, without knowing if that is technically possible, would be:
Why not link the bolt-on fall-off to the grade of damage to the component the bolt-on is attached to. For example: Bolt-on attached to side torso falls of after that side torso suffered 10 damage. Alternatively, it could be linked to armor damage percentage with the bolt-ons falling of when e.g. 25% armor damage is done to the component with the bolt on.

Edited by Duke78, 13 February 2021 - 02:29 AM.

#43 ImperialKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 13 February 2021 - 02:43 AM

So PGI acknowledges that there is going to be GAMEPLAY issues with the whole permanent bolt on nonsense, rolls it out anyway and expects players to beta test the problems for them. And then MAYBE solve the problems

*slow clap*

Disabling render of bolt-on should have come together with this patch.

I recognise that a lot of players seem to be more concern with cosmetics than actual gameplay. But there are also people who don't give a crap about bolt-ons.

In before someone discovers some invincibility glitch on certain bolt-ons on certain mechs and breaks the game and PGI has to roll back this nonsense anyway.

#44 DevinMace

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 42 posts

Posted 13 February 2021 - 04:49 AM

All indications are there is not enough players for both. I think the answer is having the ability to join both queues at the same time, like a opt in or our like the region servers for solo players.

#45 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 13 February 2021 - 04:53 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 12 February 2021 - 02:31 PM, said:

21 days of premium time
5 supply caches
150 MC
4 cockpit items (2 warhorns, 1 hanging, 1 standing)
4 colors (basic are the CB ones, right? orange, blue, purple, red)
75 GSP
1 mech bay

For old accounts like mine, I'd chose the mech bay and/or the GSP.
For new accounts, that should be a welcome bonus that might encourage them to stay longer. :)

Other changes:
I'll be one of those that disables the display of bolt-ons as soon as that is possible. Some are nice, sure, but the rest? There are players who like them, so they can keep enjoying them.

Fixed time of day for some maps I'm ok with. I don't mind having to switch view modes to be able to see stuff, but if there's a performance increase to be gained, go for it.

#46 Wuldain

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 37 posts

Posted 13 February 2021 - 07:32 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 12 February 2021 - 02:31 PM, said:

Reduce Unit Recruitment Costs

Why is this a thing? You still want to punish big units? Why not reduce the cost to 0?

#47 Son of the Flood

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 397 posts
  • LocationTier 3 basement - searching for funyuns and mountain dew

Posted 13 February 2021 - 08:08 AM

Looking forward to the upcoming patch and I appreciate all the effort and feedback solicitation the MWO dev. team is putting in.

Adding some colors, MC, and swag for the new folks is a nice touch!

#48 spannerturner

• PipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 48 posts

Posted 13 February 2021 - 08:10 AM

I am all for the changes and am relieved that PGI is making the effort. I think the Cadet Bonus changes are awesome.

For clarity, if I get LRM'd to death in the first minute or so of the match, am I going to be punished for disconnecting early to try to get into another match?
It would be really boring to have to hang around and "observe" the rest of the match if I am already dead.
Note: if it is a close match towards the end when I die or if there is a really good player on my team that is still alive, then I typically hang around and "observe" until the end of the match (especially if I can learn something while "observing" the better player...)

#49 spannerturner

• PipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 48 posts

Posted 13 February 2021 - 08:30 AM

Also, I would be ok with a few maps being "low-vis", especially if it does not affect resource performance... Adds another element to the game. Foggy Viridian Bog is pretty cool. Besides, what's the point of having night vision and heat vision if there is no need to use them...?

#50 Maahush

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 February 2021 - 08:46 AM

Concerning the cadet boni:
You are telling us, that you reward new players with stuff for free that the old players had to pay much money for.
That sounds like "we already got your money we dont need you anymore".

Fairness is something different...

#51 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 13 February 2021 - 10:56 AM

View PostNavid A1, on 12 February 2021 - 06:29 PM, said:

Just a note on this.

This change will only allow 2xLGauss + 1xLight PPC to fire without penalty.
Charge limit still is going to be 2, and firing 2 LGauss with any other PPC will cause ghost heat (since PPCs have a limit of 2 GH-free, and they are linked to LGauss).

Honestly, I'd just remove ghost heat from light gauss altogether... since the charge limit of 2 will limit its alpha naturally.

It means on mechs with ER PPC HSL +1 you can now fire 2 LGauss and 1 ER PPC as well.

#52 HimseIf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Visekorporal
  • 270 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 13 February 2021 - 11:01 AM

"If you are leaving early because of groups in quickplay please know we are looking to remove groups from the solo queue"

Not sure that's a good idea, how will people play with like, one or 2 friends?
I thought the 4 in a group before it sends you to group que was working well.

#53 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,581 posts

Posted 13 February 2021 - 11:11 AM

View PostMaahush, on 13 February 2021 - 08:46 AM, said:

Concerning the cadet boni:
You are telling us, that you reward new players with stuff for free that the old players had to pay much money for.
That sounds like "we already got your money we dont need you anymore".

Fairness is something different...

Given the fact that we older players have had events that throw rewards like this at us on a regular basis for a while now (Loot Bags, Free Mechs, MC, etc) you feel like you are being screwed over? In addition, we have had 3 Holiday Bonus events that gave us free mechs and rewards (2017 - Sun Spider & Roughneck and 1250 MC, 2018 - Corsair & Warhammer IIC and 1250 MC, 2020 - Phoenix Hawk and Urbanmech, 1250 MC). That logic doesn't make any sense and reeks of entitlement. At least new players are given something for actually trying to understand the game.

Edited by Will9761, 14 February 2021 - 11:12 AM.

#54 Billyum

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 13 February 2021 - 12:00 PM

I'd like to echo what a few others have mentioned, that is, that I don't think it's a good idea to isolate groups from solo players. I've introduced a few friends to MWO, this is something I couldn't have done if I had to tell them that their only options for playing together were:

1. Grind to get enough mechs for Faction Play.

2. Sync drop and hope that we end up on the same team. (Or even in the same match)

3. Get stomped in an unbalanced 8v8.

4. Solaris 2v2? Or does Solaris only have 1v1? (I haven't tried it before)

Simply allowing solo players to opt out of playing with groups might be the best way to go about this. When queuing solo, I like having groups in the match because they are often more organized and teamwork focused than the average player. With any luck, the player base will increase by enough to keep wait times reasonable.

#55 Jibfu

Rookie

• CS 2020 Participant
  • CS 2020 Participant
  • 8 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 13 February 2021 - 12:39 PM

View PostYouKnowNothing, on 12 February 2021 - 02:56 PM, said:

Unfortunately, this does not work. At least, not all the time. There's been plenty of occasions when we have to unblock, mute, and then block the person again. And then repeat that the next match, and so on, and so on.

EDIT: Clarification: we had to do that because even blocked, you can still hear the person talking sometimes. Oh, and also, you can still see/hear them spamming the command wheel too. Some people really love doing that.

Just wanted to chime in that it has also been my experience that if I block someone, they are not muted in future matches, but I cannot mute them because they are blocked, so I must unblock, mute, block again.

#56 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 13 February 2021 - 01:00 PM

View PostGold13, on 12 February 2021 - 02:46 PM, said:

# of Members already in Unit - OLD Cost - New Cost 10%
1 (Unit Leader) - $50,000,000 - $5,000,000

^ This a typo? I don't remember it costing 50 mil to start a unit but it's been a few years lol

View PostTercieI, on 12 February 2021 - 03:43 PM, said:

It didn't always. It's changed a few times.

If the PGI Devs have actually set any kind of Cost involved — even in (C-Bills) amounts — for doing a 'Start New Unit' now, that's going to badly hurt fresh-made Small Units (and single-person ones who don't want to get assaulted with invites from Medium/Large Units that already exist) because it will make them think several times about starting and then give up on making their own Unit Name entirely. A completely fresh New Unit Leader who is trying to make their group when they do not happen to be sitting on '500-Million-plus (C-Bills)' is essentially having to make an extremely devastating painful choice as to whether they make a New Unit of any size at all. Nobody is going to want to make a Unit if they end up leaving themselves with no funds for anything else. Pretty much the only people this change really benefits is the Large Units that can keep re-constructing & re-designing themselves, as many of their top trusted people are likely Veteran-Class Players who sit on giant goldmines of '2-Billion-plus (C-Bills)' at the moment, and PGI's Devs imposing a Cost like that is literally unfair and flatly unbalanced against everyone else. <_<

Worse, if this Starting Cost is really present, single players who are using the Unit Function as a way to protect themselves against being harassed by Unit Invites at all (or got into these functions during a period of time where it was necessary to use them, simply to have control over how they would get into battles) will take one look at this situation, and then they will leave MWO entirely because they specifically do NOT want to be harassed from people trying to force them into joining a Unit that someone else made. Has no one out there heard of those "you join our Unit or we will make you suffer" threats from Units that do not take "No" for an answer, and have the people-power to ruin the Community of online games entirely for their own benefit? Has no one around here ever been harassed repeatedly by Units that will deluge anyone they can get their hands on with Unit Invites until they either acquiesce or quit the game? There is no question here that having a Unit Starting Cost of any kind is something which should never be present! :angry:

Heck, where is the Career and Contracts functions that should be accessible? I have not seen them in some time now, and I find that Faction-based stuff is now a complete turnoff to anyone that is skittish about getting into it. :(

~D. V. "Possibly seeing a dangerous problem with Unit Starting Costs in MWO and the resulting effects" Devnull

#57 spannerturner

• PipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 48 posts

Posted 13 February 2021 - 01:31 PM

View PostLockheed_, on 13 February 2021 - 01:18 PM, said:

I have been playing online games since 2000 and I have never ever been harassed to join any sort of unit or clan or even heard about that concept.

Agreed. I haven't even seen this on Discord threads I have been invited onto. My stepson, who plays way more MPOFPS than I ever will has not heard of this either. If it is an actual problem, then you should be able to report them in game or through the main menu page...
I'm sure if you screenshot'd the threats and sent them to PGI, they would take care of the issue post haste.

#58 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 13 February 2021 - 01:45 PM

View PostLockheed_, on 13 February 2021 - 01:18 PM, said:

I have been playing online games since 2000 and I have never ever been harassed to join any sort of unit or clan or even heard about that concept.

View Postspannerturner, on 13 February 2021 - 01:31 PM, said:

Agreed. I haven't even seen this on Discord threads I have been invited onto. My stepson, who plays way more MPOFPS than I ever will has not heard of this either. If it is an actual problem, then you should be able to report them in game or through the main menu page...
I'm sure if you screenshot'd the threats and sent them to PGI, they would take care of the issue post haste.

Then the three of you are damned lucky. I have been the victim of that kind of behavior before, both here on MWO and out on other online games, including ones which have died and gone. Sadly, I also know that there are other victims of this kind of behavior out there from other games, not all of which have heard of MWO either. At this point, I simply and seriously do not want that kind of behavior to have an easy angle anymore in MWO upon players, and not having a Unit Starting Cost made that part of blocking bad behavior from other people perfect. Such madness as a Unit Starting Cost is one thing PGI simply should never implement, and New Units should not be a massively paywall-bound thing. :angry:

As for reporting it, that happened back in my early days around 2016, so there really is no way I can properly tell PGI at this point. Again, as far along as things are, I do not want this type of harassment to become a thing again. So if there is a Unit Starting Cost at all, then it needs to be removed immediately from the MWO game. -_-

~D. V. "has seen the generally darker side of the gaming world" Devnull

#59 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 13 February 2021 - 02:09 PM

View PostHimseIf, on 13 February 2021 - 11:01 AM, said:

"If you are leaving early because of groups in quickplay please know we are looking to remove groups from the solo queue"

Not sure that's a good idea, how will people play with like, one or 2 friends?
I thought the 4 in a group before it sends you to group que was working well.

There is no group queue currently. Groups of any size can drop in QP. There was never a hybrid system as you described of having small groups in QP of up to 4, or they'd drop in group queue. The comment here in the Patch Notes is not that they want to eliminate groups but they hope to have a group queue again (they didn't word it very well in these notes, but have said as much in podcasts).

#60 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 13 February 2021 - 02:13 PM

View Postspannerturner, on 13 February 2021 - 08:10 AM, said:

I am all for the changes and am relieved that PGI is making the effort. I think the Cadet Bonus changes are awesome.

For clarity, if I get LRM'd to death in the first minute or so of the match, am I going to be punished for disconnecting early to try to get into another match?
It would be really boring to have to hang around and "observe" the rest of the match if I am already dead.
Note: if it is a close match towards the end when I die or if there is a really good player on my team that is still alive, then I typically hang around and "observe" until the end of the match (especially if I can learn something while "observing" the better player...)

iirc, the penalty only applied if you didn't contribute to the match. I can't remember how that was determined though. The system was implemented in part because of people who hated a map so much they'd just disconnect rather than play it. There were also people yoloing because some event called for x number of matches. Events have been structured much better for years though reducing the need for this draconian penalty system which was never reassessed after implemented. Until now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users