#41 V O L T R O N

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 318 posts
  • LocationThe Flat and Motionless Earth

Posted 21 February 2021 - 04:17 PM

View PostAnomalocaris, on 21 February 2021 - 04:09 PM, said:

I just love how a guy who wonders where the proof is, has now got the MJ12 guys insinuating he's a cheater...because he asked for proof.

Someone explain how that works? Do we burn him if he floats, but he's innocent if he drowns?

Post the proof on HPG Outreach cause this thread will be locked soon.

We gave him proof, and he still wants to troll, much like everyone else.

My name Triggers people. It gets them on their alt FORUM account since they were so toxic on their original one to come make a post about their former unit they got kicked out of .

For the life of me I cant understand why someone would be against any banwave at all. I say have one every week.

Why cant there be a file check when you load the game? How come 1/2 the steam games I play have this feature.... Why cant mwo have this feature?

Edited by V O L T R O N, 21 February 2021 - 04:19 PM.

#42 John Bronco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 966 posts

Posted 21 February 2021 - 04:25 PM

How about some proof from today instead of 5 years ago, I assume someone must have dunked you to generate this post?

#43 DAEDALOS513

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,632 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 21 February 2021 - 04:36 PM

View PostRickySpanish, on 21 February 2021 - 04:14 PM, said:

To be fair, when accusations are thrown the burden of proof is on the accuser. So how come when these sorts of threads come up with outlandish claims, there is never a video of it happening. There's never even a video where someone is displaying suspect behaviour. Not on here, and not on the OutrageHPG subreddit. Every. Single. Time. Someone posts an accusation of foul play, they simply expect to be believed even though PGI appear to have secured their game from cheating a long time ago.

We haven't accused anyone specific here of cheating.. anyone mentioned was already banned..

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 21 February 2021 - 05:49 PM.

#44 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,632 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 21 February 2021 - 04:41 PM

View PostBlaizerP, on 21 February 2021 - 04:25 PM, said:

How about some proof from today instead of 5 years ago, I assume someone must have dunked you to generate this post?

You're repeating.. read posts before posting.. the video was to show those that are in denial of hackers that indeed the game can be hacked.. Although still a problem, my main concern isn't aimbotting per se.. that can be countered with skill.. my main concern is wall-hacking.. totally undetectable ASAIK.. i mean is this just a local hack that can't be detected if you're spectating, unlike aimbot? This is why we just want PGI to do their due diligence... maybe set up a filecheck whenever a player loads up or something.. or another ban wave to show they are on top of things. Not sure why some are so against this..

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 21 February 2021 - 04:42 PM.

#45 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,632 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 21 February 2021 - 04:45 PM

View PostSamial, on 21 February 2021 - 04:15 PM, said:

No hacks exist.. Nothing to see here
https://imgur.com/a/7Jf3RvR

OP just report and move on, too many here will defend them or say they don't exist because they have too much to lose..

Its an old game so obviously hacking will occur no matter what these people say.

Damn.. this is exactly what i'm talking about. Do you know if that's viewable from spectator point of view? or just locally?

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 21 February 2021 - 04:46 PM.

#46 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 21 February 2021 - 04:45 PM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 21 February 2021 - 04:36 PM, said:

We haven't accused anyone of cheating.. anyone mentioned was already banned..

Then what is the intent of the thread? You're calling for another ban wave, but perhaps I am mistaken. Do you want to ban a lot of people for some other reason?

#47 John Bronco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 966 posts

Posted 21 February 2021 - 05:17 PM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 21 February 2021 - 04:41 PM, said:

You're repeating.. read posts before posting.. the video was to show those that are in denial of hackers that indeed the game can be hacked..

Read all the posts, saw exactly zero posters denying hacking exists. It's just odd that everyone else seems to think the issue is immaterial, while you guys are demanding WAVES of bans. If theirs and yours experiences are so incongruent, is it wrong to ask for some proof?

#48 Rustyhammer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationSydney, AU

Posted 21 February 2021 - 05:32 PM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 21 February 2021 - 04:36 PM, said:

We haven't accused anyone of cheating.. anyone mentioned was already banned..

Yet you feel there is a need for another 'ban wave', so you're implying there is abundance of hackers in the game right now.
However when asked, you can't provide a single piece of evidence of suspicious behavior aside of some 6yrs old video.

If you do not accuse anyone of cheating why asking for bans? If you see many cheaters in your games, why not to say that with providing some proofs?

#49 NeirSolon

• PipPip
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • 39 posts

Posted 21 February 2021 - 05:40 PM

Would it be possible to insinuate or describe in some way the hacking taking place recently? For the benefit of those who were not present when the events occurred.

What game mode? What happened? When? Anything?

#50 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,632 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 21 February 2021 - 05:56 PM

View PostRickySpanish, on 21 February 2021 - 04:45 PM, said:

Then what is the intent of the thread? You're calling for another ban wave, but perhaps I am mistaken. Do you want to ban a lot of people for some other reason?

The intent of this post, as mentioned multiple times already, is for PGI to set up some kind of anti-cheat system that perhaps checks your files for abnormalities; and to have regular ban waves.. the last one was years ago.

Also stop asking for proof.. that's pgi's job.. we don't run their servers, we don't have the metrics or whatever other tools they use to detect cheats.

We're not naive enough to believe there are no cheaters in this game like some of you seem to be.. despite the fact that the evidence presented here is a bit dated.. why you think cheating suddenly and magically has stopped (kinda like how common flu death counts are magically at record lows) blows my mind. Hopefully PGI doesn't think it would be a black mark on their game when they detect and ban cheaters.. every game has cheaters. On the contrary.. it would show they are being proactive about this and this in turn will give confidence to the player base that when they drop in a match they won't be wall-hacked or aim-botted.

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 21 February 2021 - 06:14 PM.

#51 Stormpaw

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 66 posts

Posted 21 February 2021 - 06:45 PM

I agree! Anyone that kills voltron or daedalos should be banned immediately!

Whether we need to ban anyone that kills lockheed remains to be seen...

#52 denAirwalkerrr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 21 February 2021 - 07:16 PM

View PostAnomalocaris, on 21 February 2021 - 04:09 PM, said:

I just love how a guy who wonders where the proof is, has now got the MJ12 guys insinuating he's a cheater...because he asked for proof.

Someone explain how that works? Do we burn him if he floats, but he's innocent if he drowns?

Post the proof on HPG Outreach cause this thread will be locked soon.

I am getting burn if I say earth is round. *dab*

Edited by denAirwalkerrr, 21 February 2021 - 07:17 PM.

#53 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,632 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 21 February 2021 - 07:19 PM

Just found this gem where laser fire isn't 'attached' to the reticle.. instead laser unaturaly locks onto leg component as leg is moving, just like aimbots do... all while reticle moves off leg. Some say it's cuz of lag.. but it happens multiple times and i've had lag before, bad lag.. and never had this happen to me.. what you guys think?

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 21 February 2021 - 07:25 PM.

#54 denAirwalkerrr

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 21 February 2021 - 07:21 PM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 21 February 2021 - 07:19 PM, said:

Just found this gem where laser fire isn't 'attached' to the reticle.. they say it's cuz of lag.. but it happens multiple times and i've had lag before and never had this happen to me..

4 years old video, we're getting closer

Oh nevermind learn to scroll for comments:

Posted Image

Edited by denAirwalkerrr, 21 February 2021 - 07:31 PM.

#55 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,514 posts

Posted 21 February 2021 - 07:22 PM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 21 February 2021 - 05:56 PM, said:

The intent of this post, as mentioned multiple times already, is for PGI to set up some kind of anti-cheat system that perhaps checks your files for abnormalities; and to have regular ban waves.. the last one was years ago.

Also stop asking for proof.. that's pgi's job.. we don't run their servers, we don't have the metrics or whatever other tools they use to detect cheats.

We're not naive enough to believe there are no cheaters in this game like some of you seem to be.. despite the fact that the evidence presented here is a bit dated.. why you think cheating suddenly and magically has stopped (kinda like how common flu death counts are magically at record lows) blows my mind. Hopefully PGI doesn't think it would be a black mark on their game when they detect and ban cheaters.. every game has cheaters. On the contrary.. it would show they are being proactive about this and this in turn will give confidence to the player base that when they drop in a match they won't be wall-hacked or aim-botted.

How do you know PGI don't already ban cheaters when they are found? They're not going to publically announce each time they investigate something and act upon it. What you're asking for is some kind of public display of authority. That's... Probably not going to happen, unless you have seen something suspicious happening for a long time.

#56 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,632 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 21 February 2021 - 07:26 PM

View PostRickySpanish, on 21 February 2021 - 07:22 PM, said:

How do you know PGI don't already ban cheaters when they are found? They're not going to publically announce each time they investigate something and act upon it. What you're asking for is some kind of public display of authority. That's... Probably not going to happen, unless you have seen something suspicious happening for a long time.
'
They've done it at least twice before.. why wouldn't they want to show its' paying player base that they are dealing with cheats?

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 21 February 2021 - 07:27 PM.

#57 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,514 posts

Posted 21 February 2021 - 07:30 PM

View PostLockheed_, on 21 February 2021 - 06:17 PM, said:

I never really though anyone would bother to create a cheat for MWO, but I guess it explains that just a few weeks ago I had an encounter where I immediately thought that pilot must have used a wall hack + aimbot, otherwise it would have been and impossible shot, but I immediately discounted the thought because I was not aware that there are any cheats existing.
And it was not one of those lucky shots where you accidentally cockpit kill a piranha at 450m by just flinging some gauss at it, it was way too intentional. I've been playing for 3 years now and that one incident felt different then any other lucky or skill shot.

I once got nailed in the head with heavy gauss on Solaris City. Felt really weird. I mean, for someone to be right there near the middle to shoot my perfectly stationary Hellbringer while I was taking aim at someone else. Man. The nerve. I think the pilot's name was something like Magic Power Fist? What a jerk, he was clearly a cheat.

#58 denAirwalkerrr

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 21 February 2021 - 07:31 PM

Not like it wasn't obvious to me from the start but to quote one of my FP regulars friend: "He continuously gets wasted in FP with his Sad Cat and goes Karen on forums"

Edited by denAirwalkerrr, 21 February 2021 - 07:31 PM.

#59 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,632 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 21 February 2021 - 07:32 PM

View PostdenAirwalkerrr, on 21 February 2021 - 07:21 PM, said:

4 years old video, we're getting closer

Op nevermind learn to scroll for comments:

Posted Image

? Someone saying they replicated it doesn't mean much.. show me the video where they did so .. replicate it yourself..

#60 denAirwalkerrr

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 21 February 2021 - 07:36 PM

I'll go sleep now and hope to see at least less then 3 years old video of actual MWO aimbotter perspective. Wish you guys luck finding it.

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 21 February 2021 - 07:32 PM, said:

? Someone saying they replicated it doesn't mean much.. show me the video where they did so .. replicate it yourself..

It's not my job to proof he's not cheater it's your job to proof he is. After reading comments that's not happening tho.

Edited by denAirwalkerrr, 21 February 2021 - 07:36 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users