I Love My Lrm's

66 replies to this topic

#41 Kroete

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 28 February 2021 - 03:00 AM

View PostSamial, on 27 February 2021 - 08:35 PM, said:

Wow gaming has changed a lot since i was a kid.. i remember when gaming was for fun, not to cause others grief..

Mygirl is with him, she says "if your enemy moans and crys, you must have done something right."
And no, she and me, we dont exploit, grief or cheat, we dont even use meta or fotm or overpowered things in every game. Its more fun to do nice with strange builds.
But you are right, gaming changed a lot, in my youth the people dont cried a river about something, they adapted, tryed counters and found a way to overcome.

There are a crapload of pre mades in tier 5&4 and the LRMs are off the charts.. its like 45% of every match is LRMs boats even crazy **** like LRM Javelins.. Posted Image

Use mechs with at least 3 ams and you will be out of that tiers in no time with that much missiles.
But dont be too happy, in the higher tier you will still see missiles but the people using them will be better in using them, then the tier 4-5 people...

#42 Meep Meep

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,757 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 28 February 2021 - 03:40 AM

View PostBoldricKent, on 28 February 2021 - 02:18 AM, said:

Im still scratching my head, Lrms with 1300-1400 range ???? In which game ? Targeting computer does not increase the range of missiles, they dont have extended range (like beam and projectile weapons do ? And spread, travel time beyond 700 m really start to hurt damage output, weather clan, IS or ATMs

Afaik all lrm have a base range of 900 and with the range nodes goes to 1035. I think atm can go a bit farther. As to the rest lrm are best used mid range or even in brawler range if using clan lrm since they do damage at close range just greatly reduced if someone gets closer than 180m.

After putting some skill points into it and getting the hang of its mobility I revised the sunspider fit to this since I was missing the lock speed increase of the tag. The lrm90 fit is still nice but too team reliant on getting locks.

https://mwo.smurfy-n...d0381bf0b4a3ebd

#43 Dozer6

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 139 posts
  • LocationStripping lasers off my Archer to fit 4 more tons of LRM'S

Posted 28 February 2021 - 05:10 AM

Wow gaming has changed a lot since i was a kid.. i remember when gaming was for fun, not to cause others grief..

There are a crapload of pre mades in tier 5&4 and the LRMs are off the charts.. its like 45% of every match is LRMs boats even crazy **** like LRM Javelins.. Posted Image

At my time there are at least two pre mades in nearly every match some times up to 4 (both sides equals 4) seeing a non pre made match is very rare.

I'll have to get on at Australian time to see this, cause it sure doesn't happen here on the east coast U.S.A.

#44 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 28 February 2021 - 07:57 AM

View PostSamial, on 24 February 2021 - 07:50 AM, said:

Yes those fabled good LRM spammers.. Yes yes..

Mmm
They can be good Lrmers

If the enemy cannot cope perhaps its match making

View PostWillard Phule, on 24 February 2021 - 04:10 AM, said:

There's a reason LRMs are the most popular weapon in the new comp group queue.

Yeah Merge que helps
Coordinated vs not

Edited by General Solo, 28 February 2021 - 07:55 AM.

#45 ThreeStooges

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 505 posts
  • Locationamc reruns and youtube

Posted 28 February 2021 - 08:12 AM

View PostBoldricKent, on 28 February 2021 - 02:18 AM, said:

Im still scratching my head, Lrms with 1300-1400 range ???? In which game ? Targeting computer does not increase the range of missiles, they dont have extended range (like beam and projectile weapons do ? And spread, travel time beyond 700 m really start to hurt damage output, weather clan, IS or ATMs

You just need to find a mech with a nice 15-20% generic range quirk then add on the fire power range nodes. For the IS stalkers have the longest lrm range. Don't use clan mechs since they are ez mode. Gets even better when you find that one mech that has both range 20% and missile range 20% then you know it works with all missiles and not just lrm.

#46 BoldricKent

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 251 posts

Posted 28 February 2021 - 10:00 AM

Thats the issue, there are very few Lrm mech that have bigger the 10% range quirk (Huginn, 4J Hunchie ), to get one that have both general and missile specific range increase after the skill tree update... i havent seen single one, and i do have a stash of mech in my machbay. In most cases LRM mech will have cooldowns and velocity quirks, some will have spread but range ones are capped at 10% mostly. Stalkers, only the 5M has 10 % range quirk.
In general, both ballistic and energy weapons can out range LRMs with little difficulty, but firing indirectly with rather sizable yet spread damage unless you are using bunch of LBX2...is LRM domain. And in last few weeks a saw quite a few LRMs completely ignoring range limits (using it beyond and bellow ).

If you are using Tag dont forget to get Artimis, thats a must combo.

#47 Meep Meep

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,757 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 28 February 2021 - 01:04 PM

View PostBoldricKent, on 28 February 2021 - 10:00 AM, said:

If you are using Tag dont forget to get Artimis, thats a must combo.

Dunno, thats one less ton of ammo per artemis launcher though. Tag already greatly tightens up the spread and with the missile nodes a clan lrm is already dumping most of its missiles into the ct. IS lrm sure though since they send out a single wall of missiles.

#48 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,819 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 28 February 2021 - 07:38 PM

View PostThreeStooges, on 28 February 2021 - 08:12 AM, said:

You just need to find a mech with a nice 15-20% generic range quirk then add on the fire power range nodes. For the IS stalkers have the longest lrm range. Don't use clan mechs since they are ez mode. Gets even better when you find that one mech that has both range 20% and missile range 20% then you know it works with all missiles and not just lrm.

And you know what I love most about that? The MINIMUM range is also buffed. Adding 30% to your lurm range means upping the minimum range from 180m to 234m. Easier to hunt them...

#49 Dozer6

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 139 posts

Posted 01 March 2021 - 08:08 AM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 28 February 2021 - 07:38 PM, said:

And you know what I love most about that? The MINIMUM range is also buffed. Adding 30% to your lurm range means upping the minimum range from 180m to 234m. Easier to hunt them...

Yup, and then the hunter runs into my 4 mpls and lancemates in my co-ordinated pre made and gets facerolled...

#50 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,819 posts

Posted 01 March 2021 - 08:16 AM

View PostDozer6, on 01 March 2021 - 08:08 AM, said:

Yup, and then the hunter runs into my 4 mpls and lancemates in my co-ordinated pre made and gets facerolled...

Teamwork is soooo OP. Posted Image

#51 Dozer6

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 139 posts

Posted 02 March 2021 - 07:29 AM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 01 March 2021 - 08:16 AM, said:

Teamwork is soooo OP. Posted Image

It brings many tears...

#52 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 03 March 2021 - 03:32 AM

View PostKroete, on 28 February 2021 - 03:00 AM, said:

Mygirl is with him, she says "if your enemy moans and crys, you must have done something right."
And no, she and me, we dont exploit, grief or cheat, we dont even use meta or fotm or overpowered things in every game. Its more fun to do nice with strange builds.
But you are right, gaming changed a lot, in my youth the people dont cried a river about something, they adapted, tryed counters and found a way to overcome.

Use mechs with at least 3 ams and you will be out of that tiers in no time with that much missiles.
But dont be too happy, in the higher tier you will still see missiles but the people using them will be better in using them, then the tier 4-5 people...

I do but multiple AMS mechs are very limited, ECM works somewhat at a distance as long as you can avoid lights etc.. but really even 4 AMS is pitiful again 4 lurm boats, you get caught in the open no amount of AMS will save you.

I usually run my dual ams crab.

View PostGeneral Solo, on 28 February 2021 - 07:57 AM, said:

Mmm
They can be good Lrmers

If the enemy cannot cope perhaps its match making

Yeah Merge que helps
Coordinated vs not

I'm a little confused... How is standing in polar behind a hill throwing missiles at random enemies considered talent or skill, honestly even the slowest poorest customer can do that.. They literally hover a little circle over a square until it goes red and press a mouse button continually.. They game literally plays for them.

Wow congrats top tier skillz..

Edited by Samial, 03 March 2021 - 03:41 AM.

#53 Kroete

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 03 March 2021 - 04:31 AM

View PostSamial, on 03 March 2021 - 03:32 AM, said:

I do but multiple AMS mechs are very limited, ECM works somewhat at a distance as long as you can avoid lights etc.. but really even 4 AMS is pitiful again 4 lurm boats, you get caught in the open no amount of AMS will save you.

Get caught in the open (your failure)
and want to nullify 4 mechs using at least 80 tons of weapons with only 8 tons of equipment?

Do you want any comment about that or should the question speak for its own?

Edited by Kroete, 03 March 2021 - 04:38 AM.

#54 Faithsfall

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 363 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 03 March 2021 - 05:21 AM

View PostSamial, on 03 March 2021 - 03:32 AM, said:

I usually run my dual ams crab.

I'm a little confused... How is standing in polar behind a hill throwing missiles at random enemies considered talent or skill, honestly even the slowest poorest customer can do that.. They literally hover a little circle over a square until it goes red and press a mouse button continually.. They game literally plays for them.

Wow congrats top tier skillz..

Trouble is the same can be said for ballistic boating (not including Gauss) where ppl don't pay any attention to what's going on around them and just march forward with the firing button depressed. Or those ac/2 boating riflemen that stay at a distance and don't move and get overrun by lights.

Most of the issue isn't with the weapon systems but the ppl behind them.

#55 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,070 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 03 March 2021 - 08:36 AM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 28 February 2021 - 07:38 PM, said:

Except it doesn't. Perhaps play the game using the weapon before being dumb talking about the weapon. Tested with both skill nodes and without in case you can't watch the video. 180m minimal does damage for lrm 5,10,15 and 20. Or did you mean one of those other missiles such as ssrm or mrm?

#56 VeeOt Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,092 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 03 March 2021 - 09:42 PM

actually watching the SafetySummoner vid they seem to getting their own locks when able (the use of narc is an interesting build there nice use of the extra tonnage from the lighter clan equipment). they seem to be targeting them themselves, firing a NARC and then ducking to get out of the line of fire while raining on the NARCed target. i see nothing wrong with that. they are also right up in the midst of their team. so nothing wrong with that there. the other is using the same tactics. right up with the team and firing whenever they have the opportunity.

Edited by VeeOt Dragon, 03 March 2021 - 09:42 PM.

#57 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,819 posts

Posted 04 March 2021 - 06:56 PM

View PostJediPanther, on 03 March 2021 - 08:36 AM, said:

Except it doesn't. Perhaps play the game using the weapon before being dumb talking about the weapon. Tested with both skill nodes and without in case you can't watch the video. 180m minimal does damage for lrm 5,10,15 and 20. Or did you mean one of those other missiles such as ssrm or mrm?

Interesting. Because PPC's do work that way.

And I did just confirm that on testing grounds, yes. Panther trial mech can damage targets at 91m with PPC, but my Marauder 3R with the 5% range boost needs 96m before it can hurt anything.

So apologies for generalizing, and i stand corrected. My recent experience that caused me to make the statement about LRM's must have been hit registration and I made an assumption from there based on PPC mechanics.

#58 Vlad Ward

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 05 March 2021 - 10:38 AM

View PostFaithsfall, on 03 March 2021 - 05:21 AM, said:

Trouble is the same can be said for ballistic boating (not including Gauss) where ppl don't pay any attention to what's going on around them and just march forward with the firing button depressed. Or those ac/2 boating riflemen that stay at a distance and don't move and get overrun by lights.

Most of the issue isn't with the weapon systems but the ppl behind them.

Wait what? Ballistics still require aiming at the target. If you're shooting AC/2s at range, you're probably having to lead them.

That's not the same as red circle go whoosh.

#59 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,819 posts

Posted 05 March 2021 - 10:42 AM

Vlad Ward said:

1614969521[/url]' post='6380456']

Wait what? Ballistics still require aiming at the target. If you're shooting AC/2s at range, you're probably having to lead them.

That's not the same as red circle go whoosh.

No, I think he’s referring to picking a spot on the horizon and playing like you’re a turret instead of marching with the team and sharing armor. It’s a common malady for beginners who stop maneuvering as soon as they have something to fire at. Yes, LRMs are the worst for encouraging this poor play style, but other weapons can do it too.

Edited by ScrapIron Prime, 05 March 2021 - 10:42 AM.

#60 Omniseed

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Kashira
  • Kashira
  • 255 posts

Posted 05 March 2021 - 12:24 PM

View Postaccount redo v1, on 23 February 2021 - 01:49 PM, said:

I'm saving PSR, GXP, and Cbills for my LRM 100 Marauder II.

PSR: So I don't lose rank (but I keep fluctuating between tier 3 and 4 anyways at the moment)
GXP: Because it needs a lot of heat skill nodes to fire without shutting down from ghost heat of 2 lrm 20 and 4 lrm 15
Cbills: Because I have the mech, but it will cost almost 8m cbills to outfit it.

I like that with SRM.50

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users