Patch Notes - 1.4.239.0 - 16-March-2021

801 replies to this topic

#781 Scythe Kagato

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 110 posts

Posted 25 March 2021 - 06:42 PM

I stopped buying packs after the Grid Iron and Huginn were nerfed.

For the life of me, I still don't understand how an uncharged Gauss Rifle explodes and I think the click-release method is clunky (and could use a louder audio cue). I would prefer one click to charge (making rifles vulnerable to explode), one click to fire. Uncharged rifles do not explode.

I'm not thrilled that the timing on my Snub20 Cent or HeavySnub20 Misery are off, but it's not game-breaking. Haven't really hopped in my 4Snub Warhammer much, though, and it was just starting to get fun.

#782 GenJack

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 271 posts

Posted 25 March 2021 - 09:51 PM

The MASC changes are awesome!
Prove me wrong.

#783 amisu

• PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 26 March 2021 - 02:48 PM

-Clan er ppc cooldown from 5 to 7

You people are legit insane.

Edited by amisu, 26 March 2021 - 02:50 PM.

#784 Jack Shayu Walker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 26 March 2021 - 03:50 PM

View PostGenJack, on 25 March 2021 - 09:51 PM, said:

The MASC changes are awesome!
Prove me wrong.

You have an unpopular opinion. How can I prove that wrong? It's your opinion.

#785 BTGbullseye

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 26 March 2021 - 08:48 PM

View PostShooterMcGavin80, on 22 March 2021 - 05:07 PM, said:

IMO Pretty much the only weapons that I believe needed some kind of tuning were LPPC, LGR, Clan standard autocannons, and possibly a couple kinds of clan lasers need a slight tuning.

No gauss currently in the game should have a charge-up mechanic unless it can't explode when not charged. ATMs should never have had a minimum range, (in every other Battletech franchise game, it has no minimum) a nerf to overall damage is a better option than the largest missile deadzone in the game.

There are a lot of changes that need to be made because the base mechanics and "balance" was f*ed years ago.

#786 Isaiah Kell

• PipPipPip
  • Hero of Davion
  • Hero of Davion
  • 68 posts

Posted 26 March 2021 - 10:04 PM

OOO OOO

IDEA

Copy/paste import/export paint jobs/patterns.

#787 DAEDALOS513

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 28 March 2021 - 06:31 AM

View PostLockheed_, on 24 March 2021 - 03:20 PM, said:

For everyone, as there is a lot of misconception going on when the roll back is:

PTS will go live before the patch gets rolled back:

​^ this is when the current patch gets rolled backi!
PTS is going live this month

Gawd.. another month of broken clan peeps.. like they weren't strong enough already..

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 28 March 2021 - 06:32 AM.

#788 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 28 March 2021 - 06:36 AM

View PostIsaiah Kell, on 26 March 2021 - 10:04 PM, said:

OOO OOO

IDEA

Copy/paste import/export paint jobs/patterns.

Hell to the ya!

#789 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,789 posts

Posted 28 March 2021 - 09:27 AM

View PostLockheed_, on 23 March 2021 - 12:54 PM, said:

I feel this belongs here, it's from the Streamer Hunt announcement:

So instead of posting PGI's reaction to the players' patch feedback into the thread where it really belongs, Daeron Katz posted it into a completely different thread?

#790 Scythe Kagato

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 110 posts

Posted 28 March 2021 - 11:28 PM

View PostBTGbullseye, on 26 March 2021 - 08:48 PM, said:

No gauss currently in the game should have a charge-up mechanic unless it can't explode when not charged. ATMs should never have had a minimum range, (in every other Battletech franchise game, it has no minimum) a nerf to overall damage is a better option than the largest missile deadzone in the game.

There are a lot of changes that need to be made because the base mechanics and "balance" was f*ed years ago.

Machine guns will forever plinkplinkplink and do damage, but missiles that clunk into a mech at greater velocity do zero damage. Riddle me that.

#791 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 513 posts

Posted 29 March 2021 - 06:37 AM

Serious question. I still don´t get why the PPC Velocity needed a buff. Was that something the community asked for?
Yesterday i stumbled over a video from TheB33f. Where he is excited about a PPC velocity buff for ER-PPCs to 1200. Now IS ER-PPCs have a velocity of 2200. WTF?

#792 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 30 March 2021 - 03:43 PM

Just want to say again how silly this patch was.. all these weapon buffs broke the game beyond anything you've done before. I hate to think how many potential players were lost this past month.. cuz you know how fun getting one-shot cored in a light or medium is..

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 30 March 2021 - 03:43 PM.

#793 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 31 March 2021 - 04:01 PM

..just when i thought you couldn't sap any more enjoyment out of the game.. cw is much worse than qp as far as the clan ppc **** fest goes.. if you had any sense of remorse or appreciation for your customers you would hot fix this tomorrow.

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 31 March 2021 - 05:47 PM.

#794 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 513 posts

Posted 31 March 2021 - 10:06 PM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 30 March 2021 - 03:43 PM, said:

cuz you know how fun getting one-shot cored in a light or medium is..

I laughed so hard, when i one shot killed a Flea at 900m with my 3xER-PPC Awesome.

#795 Steve Pryde

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,466 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 31 March 2021 - 11:39 PM

It's good that the masc, ppc&gauss changes are getting reversed but why the hell does it take so long? Something like that should be hotfixed asap. Think about new players that are getting "ppc-ed" to death and they're so annoyed that they're quitting because of that.

#796 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 01 April 2021 - 05:49 AM

What should we call this sad chapter in MWO history? How bout.. "The PPC'ing" or ''The Great Unfunning".

They need to make a standing cockpit item like they did with the island.. with a shc, veagle or direwhale shooting off ppc's.

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 01 April 2021 - 10:06 AM.

#797 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 01 April 2021 - 04:51 PM

Daed, you've ALWAYS been able to be one-shot cored in a light or medium.

That's why you keep moving and use cover.

The only difference right now is what weapons get used to do it.

Frankly, if you're going to stand out in the open like a moron, you deserve to die like that. And you have no business playing ANY kind of shooter either.

You should be reminded that MWO actually massively BUFFED Armor and Structure compared to BattleTech. We should actually be dying even faster to some of these weapons, which is why remaining on the move, and using cover and low visibility to your advantage is central to being a mech pilot.

#798 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 01 April 2021 - 05:25 PM

View PostArkhangel, on 01 April 2021 - 04:51 PM, said:

Daed, you've ALWAYS been able to be one-shot cored in a light or medium.

That's why you keep moving and use cover.

The only difference right now is what weapons get used to do it.

Frankly, if you're going to stand out in the open like a moron, you deserve to die like that. And you have no business playing ANY kind of shooter either.

You should be reminded that MWO actually massively BUFFED Armor and Structure compared to BattleTech. We should actually be dying even faster to some of these weapons, which is why remaining on the move, and using cover and low visibility to your advantage is central to being a mech pilot.

Wow you really schooled me there kid. Don’t stand still in a light.. I better write that one down. Thanks for your wisdom. They should buff clan peeps even more I guess.. I mean why not.. based on your logic..

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 02 April 2021 - 06:02 AM.

#799 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 513 posts

Posted 02 April 2021 - 02:20 AM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 01 April 2021 - 05:25 PM, said:

Wow you really schooled me there kid. Thanks for your wisdom. They should buff clan peeps even more then by your logic..

Oh yes, please!
I made a fun build before the patch. Night Gyr with 4xER-PPCs. 48 pin point and 24 splash damage in the back of a nascaring enemy is hilarious.

#800 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 07 April 2021 - 04:21 AM

Daed, it's more the fact that if PPCs hadn't been buffed, you'd be whining that something else cored you in one shot. Mostly because you've literally done so repeatedly in the past.

I've seen enough of your posts over the years to know that.

In any cause, instead of whinging about it, given Daeron and PGI actual actionable intel on how it could be helped.

As the saying goes, "Don't bring me problems, bring me solutions."

And FYI, if you choose to pilot a medium or light, you really need to take it for granted you're squishy as hell, regardless of the amount of armor you put on it, or the skills invested, and use the cover on the map and your superior mobility.

And there's always going to be stuff that can vomit ridiculous amounts of damage and core even Assaults in a single Salvo. As anyone who's ever been on the recieving end of a Dual HGauss from a Fafnir or MRM40s on an IV-Four can attest.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users