#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 23 March 2021 - 12:18 PM

The Great Dev (and Streamer) Hunt Event 3
THE EXPERIENCE EARNED EDITION!
EARN 100 GSP PER BOUNTY KILL!*
*Earn 100 GSP for every kill you make against any of the participating MWO Streamers listed below! Click on their names for the links to each of their Twitch channels. Earn a Dev Kill Medallion for every kill you make against any of the participating developers.

72 HOURS!
78 TOTAL POSSIBLE BOUNTY TARGETS!
1000's OF GSP BOUNTIES EARNED!

Starts: Friday, March 26th 12AM PST / 3AM EST / 7AM UTC
Ends: Sunday, March 28th 11:59PM PST / 2:59AM EST / Sunday, March 29th 6:59AM UTC

Streamers:
A Friendly Smurf (Krasnopesky's alt)
Ekson Valdez
Ranzsias (H311FR0G's alt)
Hot Shot Henry (dual stick action!)
IL ORSO (bear_cl4w's alt)
John Battletech (The_B33F's alt)
Usil (Moadebe's alt)
nuttyrant (nuttyrat's alt)
Youngbob10025 (Oldbob's alt)
Phurbawls (Phuri's alt)
bummkikin (RQisDEVINE's alt)
Pizza Ripperoni (TTB's alt)
Y O N D U U D O N T A (Yondu Udonta's alt)

Developers:
Daeron "Bombadil" Katz
Mark Nicholson
Matt Newman
Russ Bullock
Chris Lowrey
PGI Nico

Hunt us, find us, kill us and WIN BOUNTY PRIZES! Good Luck, and Happy Hunting MechWarriors!

*Automated account prize injections will take place once per hour.
**If you are a MechWarrior Online content creator and would like a chance to be involved in future events, contact Daeron Katz#9864 on Discord.
***No, team kills DO NOT COUNT!

#2 Heavy Money

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 23 March 2021 - 12:25 PM

Neat. Any word on if new March Bundles are going to happen?

#3 jonomy

• PipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 79 posts

Posted 23 March 2021 - 12:41 PM

Thanks for the dynamic event programming. New event more than monthly! I have seen players return to the game and maybe a bunch of new players join the game. I saw someone mention recently your e-mail outreach efforts - keep it up. If we only hear about events via in game or community threads, we wont keep getting new/returning players (fresh meat).

#4 Bolo Atari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 259 posts
  • LocationGlengarry

Welp, I might get lucky this time :P

Be sure to make alt accounts for us n00bs in Tier 3-

#5 Daeron Katz

Senior Marketing and Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 270 posts

View PostLockheed_, on 23 March 2021 - 12:22 PM, said:

And still no Dev vlog and just silence about that horrible patch. Looks like you are just trying to ignore the problem and your customers as usual. Seems like nothing has changed at PGI after all these years.

I'll go ahead and announce it here until I get a post up, we're rolling back the weapons and MASC changes from the March patch in April, and will be establishing a Public Test Server before the end of the month, which will feature all of the weapons changes proposed by the Gulag player group (now called the Cauldron), and we should be able to run multiple iterations of PTS before the May patch, at which point assuming we have a positive outcome and consensus, those initial changes can be implemented for May.

We haven't done a Dev Vlog yet, because we had to sort this situation out, and establish our path moving forward. Now that we're confident in our plans, we'll get the Dev Vlog out within the next few days with more details about the April and May patches.

#6 IshanDeston

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 74 posts

Posted 23 March 2021 - 12:49 PM

View PostDaeron Katz, on 23 March 2021 - 12:41 PM, said:

we're rolling back the weapons and MASC changes from the March patch in April

That is one hell of an April Fools joke set up. I'll be setting aside a few minutes to laugh, tomorrow, maybe next Friday.

#7 ErinaceusSwe

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 23 March 2021 - 12:54 PM

<3 (provided it actually happens)

I think it's funny how starved MWO players are for stuff to happen that we even start having fun with stuff from the last update.

#8 Brauer

• 1,066 posts

Posted 23 March 2021 - 01:07 PM

I'll go ahead and announce it here until I get a post up, we're rolling back the weapons and MASC changes from the March patch in April, and will be establishing a Public Test Server before the end of the month, which will feature all of the weapons changes proposed by the Gulag player group (now called the Cauldron), and we should be able to run multiple iterations of PTS before the May patch, at which point assuming we have a positive outcome and consensus, those initial changes can be implemented for May.

We haven't done a Dev Vlog yet, because we had to sort this situation out, and establish our path moving forward. Now that we're confident in our plans, we'll get the Dev Vlog out within the next few days with more details about the April and May patches.

Thank you for responding to the feedback. I'm looking forward to giving the Cauldron PTS a go and hope to get a bunch of my fellow OOPSbros on to test stuff out. As frustrating as it was to see the March patch implemented I appreciate you all rolling back the negative aspects of it as that shows you all are listening to the community and can recognize the flaws with it. I hope we see positive balance changes to make more builds and weapons viable in time. It's just a shame you all can't roll it back any sooner, but I get if it takes time to make a new build that keeps the good from that patch while ditching the bad.

#9 pacifica812

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 310 posts
  • LocationAt home, at work, or on the stage... mostly

Posted 23 March 2021 - 01:15 PM

AMEN!

#10 GaelicWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 150 posts
  • LocationStuck somewhere between a Fantasy and Reality

Posted 23 March 2021 - 01:40 PM

Here come's LURMaggedon part 2!
https://gph.is/g/Z5nbv2p

#11 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 23 March 2021 - 01:48 PM

Thanks Daeron!

#12 Stonefalcon

• The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 1,372 posts
  • LocationProselytizing in the name of Our Lord and Savior the Annihilator

Posted 23 March 2021 - 01:56 PM

But my CERPPCAC/20s

#13 Big-G

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 338 posts
  • LocationFormerly New Capetown, now Kikuyu - Lyran Alliance

Posted 23 March 2021 - 01:56 PM

Pity, problem is I already un-ppc'd all my PPC builds... so yeah... a lot of C-Bills wasted then for me? O well, I'll keep them PPC-less I guess

It's not like it's easy maintaining a warehouse of over 600 mechs...

Edited by Big-G, 23 March 2021 - 01:57 PM.

#14 morosis

• PipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • 79 posts

Posted 23 March 2021 - 02:11 PM

we should be able to run multiple iterations of PTS before the May patch, at which point assuming we have a positive outcome and consensus, those initial changes can be implemented for May.

thank you for listening to the community and rolling back the march patch. i'm happy to know we're flexible enough to reverse course if something goes awry with decisions that affect gameplay negatively.

the only part of this statement that makes me nervous is "consensus". i'm not sure we'll see consensus across the player population even if the proposals are all incredible. some people just dont like change, dont want change, and aren't going to be willing to test the changes in order to understand how the game will be impacted for better or for worse.

is it possible to do a small event for the PTS? to get people to participate and experience the proposed rebalance for themselves? i think that would greatly improve participation and feedback from the PTS.

thanks again for all the time and effort you're putting into mwo. even if it doesnt always feel like it, it is appreciated.

#15 Absaint

• PipPipPip
  • Gunsho-ni
  • 73 posts

Posted 23 March 2021 - 02:11 PM

Thank you for the heads up daeron.

Edited by Absaint, 23 March 2021 - 02:12 PM.

#16 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,882 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 23 March 2021 - 02:31 PM

I'll go ahead and announce it here until I get a post up, we're rolling back the weapons and MASC changes from the March patch in April...

Excellent! Thanks much!

Now, please request the powers that be to stop doing this. Repeated acts of dev-harm against their own game have never been a good look, but in this era of PGI being so desperate as to have you actively requesting the community for its input on how to revive and improve their game, then acting in a manner contrary to that input, comes off as even more...short sighted, even hostile, to that community.

Thanks again for pulling the patch back, and giving the Gulag's proposals a chance (even if it is only on a PTS).

#17 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 23 March 2021 - 02:35 PM

April when?

#18 AlexSakae

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 23 March 2021 - 02:54 PM

So are LRM still banworthy for this event, or is using 7 years old game mechanic still applicable, i'm getting mixed signal in here...

#19 TheCat aclysm

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 March 2021 - 02:55 PM

View PostBig-G, on 23 March 2021 - 01:56 PM, said:

Pity, problem is I already un-ppc'd all my PPC builds... so yeah... a lot of C-Bills wasted then for me? O well, I'll keep them PPC-less I guess

It's not like it's easy maintaining a warehouse of over 600 mechs...

then theres wierdos like me that shoved heavy ppc on a few things for lols.... i guess ill just sell them again in a month.

#20 Big-G

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 338 posts
  • LocationFormerly New Capetown, now Kikuyu - Lyran Alliance

Posted 23 March 2021 - 03:20 PM

View PostTheCat aclysm, on 23 March 2021 - 02:55 PM, said:

then theres wierdos like me that shoved heavy ppc on a few things for lols.... i guess ill just sell them again in a month.

It's all good, I just don't have the patience for a slower game play ;) :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users