• March Patch
  • April May Patch
  • Misc

Dev Vlogs: 01:03 - 02:40
  • March was a unique situation
  • Should be able to get back on track with 2 per month in April, but
  • April/May is going to be especially busy because of upcoming MW5 release

March Patch: 02:41 - 04:20
  • Weapons and Equipment changes did not represent our stated objectives in working with the community
  • The changes to Trial ‘Mechs, Bolt-ons, Intro Movie Audio, and Map lighting were successful and will remain

April/May Patch info 02:41 - 02:40

April Patch 02:41 - 09:50
  • Complete Rollback of the Weapons and Equipment changes from the March Patch, this includes PPCs, Gauss Rifles, Autocannons, MRMs, and MASC
  • Establish Cauldron player group PTS for new Weapon values for April testing and May implementation

Spawn Points, Maps, and Francois 09:50 - 12:57

New Player Packs 12:57 - 15:21
  • UrbanMech UM-K9 "K-9"
  • Griffin GRF-1E "Sparky"
  • Warhammer WHM-BW "Black Widow"
  • Cyclops CP-S "Sleipnir"
  • Combined 4-Pack

Deliver Stryker Pack 15:22 - 17:25
  • Quirks and Bolt-on artwork ETA

Misc. 17:25 - 22:00
  • New Bundles coming in April
  • Roadmap Update
  • Intel Gathering coming in April
    • Booster Pack 2 (Clans)
    • PTS Feedback
    • Spawn Points and Map Fixes

Sign Off 22:00 - 22:49

#2 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 24 March 2021 - 05:04 PM

First.

> PGI has been doing questionable changes that nobody asked since time immemorial. It's unique that they caved and plans to roll back if they roll back.

> Still not buying MW5 and DLC if it's not under 25$ buddy. It's a widely panned game that is 1 year and 5 months old, its ludicrous that the DLC is even paywalled.

> I'm still skeptical that the Cauldron values would get to live without significant butchering from the people who doesn't play the game. Change. My. Mind.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 24 March 2021 - 07:44 PM.

#3 GaelicWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 150 posts
  • LocationStuck somewhere between a Fantasy and Reality

Posted 24 March 2021 - 05:44 PM

March was not a "Unique" situation.
PGI, you've done things like this in the past.
The only thing that was "Unique" was that you caved into consumer pressure.....
for the first time.

I second the sentiment that I am nervous that the "Cauldron's" ideas may not make it Live

Edited by GaelicWolf, 24 March 2021 - 05:47 PM.

#4 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 24 March 2021 - 06:28 PM

idk if the changes were as bad as they were. most of the salt was posted before the patch actually dropped. after the patch it seemed like several people actually liked the new system. i went through the salt -> give it a chance -> play some games -> 'maybe pgi is onto something'. i made a thread about this. everyone in the community has their preferred play style and builds and tend to react harshly at first when the rug is pulled out from under them without bothering to look and see if it was actually time to buy a new rug. stop doing kneejerk reactions to < 0 day comments.

#5 Piffle

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 March 2021 - 06:45 PM

The change in tone from before Daren is hard to believe. I think you've got a winner on your hands! Not ready to jump back in just yet, but... holy $#|^!!!

#6 My Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Major General
  • Major General
  • 475 posts

Posted 24 March 2021 - 07:10 PM

On the PTS will people get c-bill+GSP injections so they can buy, skill and experiment with the changes?

#7 Jack Shayu Walker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 24 March 2021 - 07:29 PM

View PostGaelicWolf, on 24 March 2021 - 05:44 PM, said:

March was not a &quot;Unique&quot; situation.
PGI, you've done things like this in the past.
The only thing that was &quot;Unique&quot; was that you caved into consumer pressure.....
for the first time.

I second the sentiment that I am nervous that the &quot;Cauldron's&quot; ideas may not make it Live

This is the first step towards gaining our forgiveness... there are more steps. But this is good. Let’s see if the Cauldron’s feedback makes it into the may patch mostly in tact. If it does I will be happy to put more faith in PGI again.

#8 Jack Shayu Walker

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 24 March 2021 - 07:40 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 24 March 2021 - 06:28 PM, said:

Stop doing kneejerk reactions to &lt; 0 day comments.

I’d rather they not though. : p

PGI has a history of being stubborn and obstinate when it comes to community feedback on their changes. I’d much rather them make a knee-jerk reaction to day 0 comments from experienced players than continue the PGI tradition of “we know what’s best for you.”

And please spare me any of the adapt-and-overcome rhetoric. I don’t really care to do that. This is a game, not a job, I’m not getting paid. I’m here to have fun, and whats fun to me is to find specific play-styles that I like and stick to them. Im not here for a challenge or to prove myself as a gamer, I’m here for an enjoyable gameplay loop.

In my opinion axing play-styles outright should be avoided whenever possible and should only be done when its necessary for the health of the game. What they did to MASC axed a play-style many of us enjoyed while providing little to no benefit to anyone. Glad to hear it’s getting rolled back.

#9 Laser Kiwi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • 271 posts

Posted 24 March 2021 - 08:11 PM

Hopefully you successfully roll back the mistake on c er ppc, since they were doing 20 damage instead of 18.... Imagine if it got rolled back and left us that smidge more splash damage, glorious. Also, I'm not doing a pts, got the game on steam can't be assed, but query? Why bother, you don't test anything else other than foisting on us live, so why not this. Would it be possible to outsource the next changes so that we end up with the values we are meant to rather than, whatever that is.

idk if the changes were as bad as they were. most of the salt was posted before the patch actually dropped. after the patch it seemed like several people actually liked the new system. i went through the salt -&gt; give it a chance -&gt; play some games -&gt; 'maybe pgi is onto something'. i made a thread about this. everyone in the community has their preferred play style and builds and tend to react harshly at first when the rug is pulled out from under them without bothering to look and see if it was actually time to buy a new rug. stop doing kneejerk reactions to &lt; 0 day comments.

I can adjust to anything, to be fair you play what u get, but really, light gauss, light ppc, can u believe they thought things like heat on a gauss matters...

#10 Gozuri

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 March 2021 - 08:43 PM

idk if the changes were as bad as they were. most of the salt was posted before the patch actually dropped. after the patch it seemed like several people actually liked the new system. i went through the salt -&gt; give it a chance -&gt; play some games -&gt; 'maybe pgi is onto something'. i made a thread about this. everyone in the community has their preferred play style and builds and tend to react harshly at first when the rug is pulled out from under them without bothering to look and see if it was actually time to buy a new rug. stop doing kneejerk reactions to &lt; 0 day comments.

I do agree that a large portion of the complaints were just negative kneejerk reactions or a general resistance to change. That being said, the patch isn't without problems. If what I've been reading is true, it seems the dmg values for ppcs shown are not the same as the actual dmg output ingame. Whatever playtesting done with these wrong values might be moot if this is the case.

#11 JagdpantherX

• PipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 March 2021 - 10:25 PM

So I pretty much just got back on MWO recently....

Isn't a month and a half a really long time to get some real balance changes considering we've already waited this long? They threw the PPC/Gauss stuff on us with 0 warning, would it be too much to throw the Cauldron changes on us live? The vast majority of it isn't exactly drastic stuff.

#12 RoninX62

• Pip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 16 posts
  • LocationOhio, US

Posted 24 March 2021 - 10:38 PM

Some of the trial mechs do contain what I assume to be typos or oversights.

COM-1D(C) is not at max armor but has space. The missing 3 pts should be added to max the CT.

GHR-5H(C) has too much back armor - 15/17/15. This might be purposeful, but I would expect something in the 5-10pt range like the other mechs.

WHK-C(C) should have the right lower arm actuator enabled.

Never the less, good work on the rollback. It gives me hope.

The difference between something good and something great is attention to detail. - Charles R. Swindoll

Edited by RoninX62, 24 March 2021 - 10:40 PM.

#13 flavdyram

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6 posts
  • LocationDunno

Posted 25 March 2021 - 02:39 AM

Saved from 20DMG c-erPPC, yay

Edited by d y r a m, 25 March 2021 - 02:42 AM.

#14 PocketYoda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 25 March 2021 - 04:03 AM

"Largely coming from the Cauldron" born But not all?... These words used like that is what worries customers like me.

Edited by Samial, 25 March 2021 - 04:20 AM.

#15 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 25 March 2021 - 04:38 AM

View PostSamial, on 25 March 2021 - 04:03 AM, said:

"Largely coming from the Cauldron" born But not all?... These words used like that is what worries customers like me.

Classic PGI don't you know?

For all of the efforts of the Gulag Cauldron, we all know that their values are going to get butchered that it loses point.

#16 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 25 March 2021 - 06:07 AM

I actually quite like the PPC changes. I know everyone and their Mum is running them right now because a certain someone made an oopsy with the game configuration, but it does make a nice change to the usual medium pulse laser / ultra autocannon bollockry on display since the inception of soup queue.

#17 Antares102

• Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 25 March 2021 - 06:51 AM

View PostGaelicWolf, on 24 March 2021 - 05:44 PM, said:

The only thing that was "Unique" was that you caved into consumer pressure.....
for the first time.

It still deserves kudos though. First times could change to a trend.
WIthout a first time there cannot be a trend.

#18 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 25 March 2021 - 07:18 AM

View PostSamial, on 25 March 2021 - 04:03 AM, said:

Not all players are a part of the Cauldron. This statement says they'll take their feedback for the most part but might throw in other players' (or their own) ideas. Well, I know from your comment, it's the "their own" part that bothers you (we saw that with this patch), but even if they were to accept other players' feedback and ideas outside the Cauldron, you would say it this same way.

#19 Wormflush

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 42 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 March 2021 - 07:22 AM

Just wanted to say 'thank you' for providing a text log of the session! *thumbs up*

#20 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 25 March 2021 - 07:39 AM

In addition to the rollback of weapon changes, what about implementing the Cauldron's numbers for April's patch for PPC and Gauss (only)? I'm not looking at them right now but they're not all that far off right? Still mixes up the meta for a month before the PTS values have been tweaked. It's not like March's values went through lots of playtesting or anything amirite?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users