most likely next week

#323 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 16 June 2021 - 05:37 AM

Yeah, I always lose track of whether patch day is the "third Tuesday of the month" or if it's the "second-to-last Tuesday of the month". Seems it's the latter, but it's really easy to get used to thinking of the former.

#324 Rizzi Kell

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Wolf
  • Hero of Wolf
  • 140 posts

Posted 16 June 2021 - 06:19 AM

View PostAivazovsky, on 14 June 2021 - 06:45 AM, said:

about FP population:
ongoing tournament: https://www.toorname...9306368/stages/
26 teams, that's ~ 400-500 motivated and active players Yeaaaah, FP u say...Posted Image

I prefer the attacking side, so i play both IS/Clans sides equally well. My damage and KMDD are usually higher when i play for Сlans, because IS mechs are so slow, juicy and deliciousPosted Image

Nobody from the Cauldron said that the Clans are OP, you argue with your own statements. Clans have less variability in weapon systems and chassis, that's true. But they have their own strengths. Why your CW-x mate Leon Ward or Cyberrior almost always do x2 much as you do in FP? You play the same mechs.

Leon ward and cyberrior are better players then me, you will ³outperform me too, what will you say with this? I m Not worthy to Tell my option? There are better players then you, why do you attack me like this? I am over everage that is the only Thing i will say. Once again just feeling that somebody whants to save his own option Not letting some one else saying somthing other.
I m Part of a free World, with a democracy in you Not so sorry for you .All of the 50+ dmg builds are Not able to alpha 3 times in a row. Heavy lange Lasers can't be compared to lrg pulsers.

#325 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 16 June 2021 - 06:56 AM

View PostRizzi Kell, on 16 June 2021 - 06:19 AM, said:

all of the 50+ dmg builds are Not able to alpha 3 times in a row. Heavy lange Lasers can't be compared to lrg pulsers.

I have no idea why you're so fixated on 3 times?

That is just simply not a concern if you are playing/trading correctly.

I'll say it again - what you are describing is a lack of understanding of how to play the mechs in question. It is not a mech issue, it is a player issue - that simple.

#326 Aivazovsky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 16 June 2021 - 08:11 AM

View PostRizzi Kell, on 16 June 2021 - 06:19 AM, said:

Leon ward and cyberrior are better players then me, you will ³outperform me too, what will you say with this? I m Not worthy to Tell my option? There are better players then you, why do you attack me like this? I am over everage that is the only Thing i will say. Once again just feeling that somebody whants to save his own option Not letting some one else saying somthing other.
I m Part of a free World, with a democracy in you Not so sorry for you .All of the 50+ dmg builds are Not able to alpha 3 times in a row. Heavy lange Lasers can't be compared to lrg pulsers.
Rizzi, i respect you and your opinion. And i wish you get better. There will always be players more skillful than you or me. The task of each of us is to focus on ourselves, improve, learn from mistakes. This is not a CLAN vs IS problem, it is a player's personal skill problem.

#327 nopempele

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 199 posts

Posted 16 June 2021 - 05:09 PM

Well, after playing for quite some time after the patch I can say that the balance is definitely not there, as well as the general enjoyability of the game. The power creep is real and the mechs feel as brittle as never before.

The 4 ERPPCs builds are the norm now and this is simply not fun to play against. Campers instantly shooting off components and even insta-killing mechs from 1km range

And don't even get me started about the Clan lasers. The guy with 8 HML build has easily solo killed 3 of our mechs with almost full health. With just two shots, bzzzt - and the full health heavy mech is melted. And then the other one. And the other one. 6 mechs total was his score which he breezed through easily.

Vapor Eagle is still the most popular mech due to the imbalanced combination of agility, jump jets, armor an evasive hit boxes, while other mechs like Javelin are complete trash (thanks both to terrible hit boxes, especially in legs and low armor),

#328 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 16 June 2021 - 08:21 PM

If I may suggest, don't let the mechs get behind you. Also try approaching snipers from cover. The javelin has some decent geometry, it's just a bit big for a light. Just play it like a light, with sneaky manoeuvering, and it'll do fine.

~Leone.

#329 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 17 June 2021 - 01:44 AM

nopempele, why are you complaining about things that were not changed by the cauldron-driven patches? 4 C-ER PPCs were as strong before as they are now. The HMLs were also used before in the 4+4 setup to great effect, the miniscule changes didn't affect this much.

#330 nopempele

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 199 posts

Posted 17 June 2021 - 04:41 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 17 June 2021 - 01:44 AM, said:

nopempele, why are you complaining about things that were not changed by the cauldron-driven patches? 4 C-ER PPCs were as strong before as they are now. The HMLs were also used before in the 4+4 setup to great effect, the miniscule changes didn't affect this much.

Aidan, I believe you are mistaken. I was not referring to C-ERPPCs (which were a scourge before the patches, especially when combined with an imbalanced Vapor Eagle "poptart" mech), but to the IS ones. I will be quoting the patch notes further on.

ER PPC (IS):
  • Heat decreased to 12 (from 13.5)
  • Heat penalty multiplier decreased to x4 (from x7) – Less heat penalty

A great buff to heat penalty is what made the 4xERPPCs builds possible now. Previously, even 3x builds were too hot, as in quoting the devs "Giving them less penalizing heat penalties compared to their Clan counterparts will make shooting 3 IS-ERPPCs a more viable option on larger ‘Mechs with many heatsinks." And now you got this. Who has asked for this buff? Definitely not me, though I have been running some builds with ERPPCs previously.

Heavy Medium Laser (Clan):
  • Cooldown decreased to 5.0 (from 5.5)
  • Laser duration decreased to 1.3 (from 1.45)
Notes: HMLs are intended as a primarily alpha-focused, rather than DPS, weapon. These adjustments hope to rectify the excessive cooldown and duration that preclude its usefulness.

Note how devs themselves position HMLs as a "alpha-focused weapon". Well, they have achieved what they strived for - HMLs can now delete mechs from the game in 2 salvos. Is it fun? I don't think so.

Summarizing, devs and so called "competitive players" have purposefully aimed for high-alpha mechs and that is exactly what has been done. The survivability of the mechs and average match time have suffered because of this, as well as enjoyment from the game and the mech build variety. I am not surprised that the cohort of the top players selected as a "balancing committee" prefer this kind of gameplay which would help show off their skill the best. In every other online game the meta will gravitate towards the most powerful weapon which gives the ability to "insta-kill" the enemy, preferably from the range. Think sniper rifles, railguns, etc...

But I do believe that MWO should be kind of different to a standard reflex-based online shooter as it was before. Otherwise, with people running only "meta-builds" and insta-kills it would become just a worse version of CSGO or something like that.

#331 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 17 June 2021 - 06:53 AM

You must be playing a completely different game to me if you're seeing 4 x IS ERPPC builds as "the norm".

I still barely see any. They are still quite hot and heavily DPS limited due to tonnage and inability to boat DHS like Clan mechs.

#332 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 17 June 2021 - 05:06 PM

The only flavors of IS PPC I am seeing frequently are the Snub Nose and Light PPCs. Even the Heavy PPC seems to have fallen off a lot and the other two haven't been popular for years.

#333 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 18 June 2021 - 06:58 PM

So I don't know about 4x ERPPCs, but I know I've seen 4x PPC on an Awesome 8Q at least once, since that is now a no-ghost-heat build. Even given that, it's still bound by the limitations of standard PPCs...

#334 Mechsniper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 457 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 19 June 2021 - 05:28 PM

Clan streaks were nerfed too far. The damage nerf is too severe .

Edited by Mechsniper, 19 June 2021 - 05:30 PM.

#335 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 19 June 2021 - 07:04 PM

View PostMechsniper, on 19 June 2021 - 05:28 PM, said:

Clan streaks were nerfed too far. The damage nerf is too severe .

They are going to be buffed. Stay tuned!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users