• Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 29 June 2021 - 09:48 AM

MECHWARRIOR ONLINE

June 2021 Patch Update Notes

Patch Date and Time - June 29th 2021 @ 12PM PDT

Version Number: 1.4.243.0

Size: 17KB

Please note that due to compression differences the Steam patch size may be larger than the standalone client patch size.

Patch Files (Direct Download) - http://patcher.mwomercs.com/patch/Production/frontend/FrontendPatch_389.zip

Greetings MechWarriors!

Today we have a quick patch update to fix input errors on the following 'Mechs, the RFL-5D, UZL-3P(C), and the SCR-PRIME(I). Downtime should be minimal.

Thank you,

-The MechWarrior Online Team

Patch Files (Direct Download)

To make the patching process easier for players with limited download caps, we'll be providing direct download links for the patch file(s) that comprise this patch. This will allow you to download the patch file(s) elsewhere, for manual injection into the MWO patcher through a Patch Cache folder.

Aside from allowing you to download the patch file(s) elsewhere, on another connection, there are no additional benefits to performing the patch this way; the patching process itself will be the same.

This direct patch download process will only work for players running the standalone client. It does not apply to players running MWO through Steam.

Patch File(s): - http://patcher.mwomercs.com/patch/Production/frontend/FrontendPatch_389.zip

• Download the above file(s)
• For sake of ease, we recommend creating a dedicated folder for the patch file(s), such as 'MWO Patch Cache'
• You do not need to unzip or unpack the patch file(s)
• Launch the MWO Portal
• Select the three horizontal lines in the top left of the Portal Window
• Choose the 'Specify Patch File Cache' option
• In the field that appears, paste or enter the location in which you saved the patch file(s) and hit OK
• For example, C:\Users\<username>\Documents\MWO Patch Cache
• Click the blue Patch button
• The launcher will now check the Patch Cache folder you defined. If it locates the required patch files, it will unpack and use those files to apply the patch.
• Once the patch is complete, launch the game

#2 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,367 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 29 June 2021 - 10:39 AM

There is still demand for Clan Wave I + Clan Wave II, and I still want my MDD-Prime(I), TBR-Prime(I), WHK-Prime(I), DWF-Prime(I), NVA-Prime(I), SCR-Prime(I), HBR-Prime(I), etc for these mega-packages (US$240 + US$120).

http://mwomercs.com/clans
http://mwomercs.com/wavetwo

If only MWO/PGI can slightly relax OmniMech set bonus to Set-of-7 (instead of the full Set-of-8) so that I can equip AMS on my Timber Wolf, I personally would jump at both packages! ie: Allow swapping a maximum of one (1) torso part and still keep the Set Bonuses. Posted Image

As it is right now, the Timber Wolf Warrant Hero mech is much more economical alternative as compared to TBR-Prime(I), since I'm going to lose the Set-of-8 bonuses by swapping in another AMS-equipped left torso anyways.
So why buy TBR-Prime(I) at much dearer prices?

Edited by w0qj, 29 June 2021 - 10:54 AM.

#3 iamredleader

• PipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 55 posts
  • LocationAmstelveen

Posted 29 June 2021 - 11:09 AM

Interestingly, just got thrown out of a game without warning. Servers offline. But the status.mwomercs.com says online? Might want to have that fixed... because that's not the first time that the status-page doesn't reflect current afairs.

#4 ghost1e

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 403 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationReigning World Champion

Posted 29 June 2021 - 11:46 AM

Great to see things like this being fixed :)

#5 byter75

• PipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 50 posts

Posted 29 June 2021 - 12:17 PM

Good to see most (but not all) of these errors being fixed sooner rather than later.

#6 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 29 June 2021 - 12:32 PM

So WHAT was fixed, exactly? "Input errors" is hardly descriptive, and I hadn't heard of anything being wrong until the sudden patch. Just curious. I have the SCR-Prime(I), only, of those three 'mechs, but hadn't played it to notice the error.

#7 Wid1046

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 277 posts

Posted 29 June 2021 - 12:41 PM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 29 June 2021 - 12:32 PM, said:

So WHAT was fixed, exactly? "Input errors" is hardly descriptive, and I hadn't heard of anything being wrong until the sudden patch. Just curious. I have the SCR-Prime(I), only, of those three 'mechs, but hadn't played it to notice the error.

The mechs had either missing or added digits in things like accel and turn rate. The SCR-Prime(I) would turn normally when moving, but spin uncontrollably fast when stopped:

Edit: this isn't my video, 1453 R posted it in another thread.

Edited by Wid1046, 29 June 2021 - 12:44 PM.

#8 Kodan Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 375 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 29 June 2021 - 12:42 PM

Someone had posted a video in another thread with the Stormcrow spinning like the Tasmanian Devil, so I am assuming that is it.

#9 byter75

• PipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 50 posts

Posted 29 June 2021 - 12:48 PM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 29 June 2021 - 12:32 PM, said:

The SCR-Prime(I) got an insane turn rate when it was moving at lower speeds
Rifleman 5D had abnormally high acceleration at lower speeds
The Uziel champion had abnormally low acceleration at low speeds
The Arctic Wolf 2 still has better acceleration near max speeds

#10 SgtKinCaiD

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,095 posts
  • LocationBordeaux

Posted 29 June 2021 - 01:21 PM

Great patch :
  • launched 3 games,
  • choose Alpine twice and Frost City,
  • got disconnected every time before drop,
  • can't reconnect and penalty triggered,
  • quit game and switch to another ...

#11 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 29 June 2021 - 01:48 PM

View PostSgtKinCaiD, on 29 June 2021 - 01:21 PM, said:

Great patch :
  • launched 3 games,
  • choose Alpine twice and Frost City,
  • got disconnected every time before drop,
  • can't reconnect and penalty triggered,
  • quit game and switch to another ...

Try the repair tool? sounds like corrupt textures/models

#12 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 29 June 2021 - 01:51 PM

View PostWid1046, on 29 June 2021 - 12:41 PM, said:

The mechs had either missing or added digits in things like accel and turn rate. The SCR-Prime(I) would turn normally when moving, but spin uncontrollably fast when stopped:

Edit: this isn't my video, 1453 R posted it in another thread.

HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!! Okay, "input errors" in the code values. :D Nice. I was picturing certain builds not working, or something, but that's just downright hilarious, and the patch is 100% understandable, now. Thank you!!!

Talk about "spreading damage" though :D

#13 Queen of England

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 288 posts

Posted 29 June 2021 - 02:19 PM

ACW-2 still has a data entry issue - AccelLerpHighRate is "228.05". Other variants have either "28.05" or "30.76" - it looks like there's an extra "2" in there.

Posted Image

Edited by Queen of England, 29 June 2021 - 02:24 PM.

#14 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 29 June 2021 - 03:29 PM

Alright... error-correcting Patch received and loaded... Thank you for posting the Link a lot more quickly (as compared to the previous one) this time! ^_^

~D. V. "happy to have the Mech Agility put to rights, and the needed 1.4.243.0 Patch easier to reach" Devnull

#15 K19

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 355 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 29 June 2021 - 06:47 PM

NO bad ... fix fast. like see more fix smll make :P more work more players. Plz turn back old Polar Helleder plz :D

#16 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,367 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 29 June 2021 - 08:44 PM

They should have kept the spinning-top SCR-Prime(I) as it was, as a new "feature", to entice others to buy this expensive mech Posted Image

But seriously, I'm glad that the Quality Assurance for Weapons/Equipment pass was of higher quality, otherwise there would have been chaos during the April 2021 (Cauldron Weapons/Equipment Pass 1) patch.

And here's to hoping that the upcoming Quirk Pass 1 would avoid similar data input issues!
Otherwise we might end up with -100% Energy Heat Gen (rather than -10% Energy Heat Gen).

Come to think of it, if we have -100% Energy Beam Heat Gen (ie: only Lasers get this buff, and PPC does not get this buff) might be the answer to the current state of PPFLD weapon proliferation issues?

Edited by w0qj, 29 June 2021 - 10:34 PM.

#17 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 29 June 2021 - 09:56 PM

View Postw0qj, on 29 June 2021 - 08:44 PM, said:

They should have kept the spinning-top SCR-Prime(I) as it was as a new "feature", to entice others to buy this expensive mech Posted Image

But seriously, I'm glad that the Quality Assurance for Weapons/Equipment pass was of higher quality, otherwise there would have been chaos during the April 2021 (Cauldron Weapons/Equipment Pass 1) patch.

And here's to hoping that the upcoming Quirk Pass 1 would avoid similar data input issues!
Otherwise we might end up with -100% Energy Heat Gen (rather than -10% Energy Heat Gen).

Come to think of it, if we have -100% Energy Beam Heat Gen (ie: only Lasers get this buff, and PPC does not get this buff) might be the answer to the current state of PPFLD weapon proliferation issues?

The recent mobility pass has been said to be quite a lot of work. With so many singular value inputs, I'm actually happy we ended with so few hickups and got a hotfix so quickly.
With regards to the quirk pass, I would hope this is a lot easier to input. Anyone remember

Posted Image

Edited by Aidan Crenshaw, 29 June 2021 - 09:59 PM.

#18 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 30 June 2021 - 05:35 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 29 June 2021 - 09:56 PM, said:

The recent mobility pass has been said to be quite a lot of work. With so many singular value inputs, I'm actually happy we ended with so few hickups and got a hotfix so quickly.
With regards to the quirk pass, I would hope this is a lot easier to input. Anyone remember

Posted Image

HAHAHAHAHAA!!!! I've never seen that before!! That's freaking hilarious! Definitely glad it got fixed. :D

#19 Kodan Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 375 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 30 June 2021 - 05:39 AM

I have to say the crashes are getting rather ... too much. I had one match with 7 players DC'ed. SEVEN. It used to be roughly every 2-3 matches there would be a DC, now it is almost guaranteed one and most often several. I dunno what you guys have done but something is wrong. There should not be such a high prevalence of crashes.

#20 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 30 June 2021 - 12:21 PM

Was it on Hibernal? I've a friend who crashes whenever we get that map.

~Leone.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users