July Patch Warden Booster Pack Preview

114 replies to this topic

#61 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,240 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 16 July 2021 - 12:48 PM

View PostMark Nicholson, on 16 July 2021 - 11:54 AM, said:

As much as all of these ideas are beyond scope, and about 2 months too late to do anything about, this is the first one I hadn't thought of already, and I love it.

And for those who are sharing what they wish this stuff could do, I know. And please understand your sharing is valuable, and you should not stop. It might give me a good idea for the future, or find a way to make a popular idea happen.
maybe you can stick it in on an update and add such a feature to other bolt-ons... we can only hope.

#62 Chatty

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 11 posts
  • LocationSaint Paul, MN

Posted 16 July 2021 - 12:51 PM

Love the Elementals. Maybe we can make them a consumable in a later patch?? Drop em in like a strike and let them harass until disposed of, or continue their pain.

#63 Mark Nicholson

3D Artist

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 263 posts

Posted 16 July 2021 - 12:55 PM

#64 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 16 July 2021 - 01:02 PM

View PostMark Nicholson, on 16 July 2021 - 12:55 PM, said:

If this continues to go well, I'll probably do this kind of forum post for the next pack. Part of what makes me comfortable doing this is that I did the large majority of the work on this pack, and was involved in the rest of it, so it's easy to talk about the whole thing because I was there, and I'm not trying to co-ordinate information from several people.

The idea behind the exlusive bolt-ons is to be like exclusive geometry, but also retaining the option to remove them.

Here, you can see it with some other colors on. It's pretty clean and bright overall, but you'll see hints of green through the outline, especially obvious here on the inner forearm. I expect that some darker lighting scenarios will be diminish the diffuse color even more, leaving only green in dim light.
Posted Image
I'll be honest here would have prefered it be red i mean this is the warden pack not the crusader pack or maybe blue since the green was the falcons but hopefully we can just change the colors in game... but either way it looks good. And yes i saw the cartoon there was one episode with wolves and when they engaged EI the wolves were red, Strikers were blue. hmm... wierd i'm gonna have to whatch the cartoon again,but it looks like the EI made the strikers red when there were only two factions fighting... Eh still awesome pack, and i don't mean the assault mech.

Edited by KursedVixen, 16 July 2021 - 01:09 PM.

#65 Mark Nicholson

3D Artist

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 263 posts

Posted 16 July 2021 - 01:08 PM

#66 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 16 July 2021 - 01:11 PM

View PostMark Nicholson, on 16 July 2021 - 01:08 PM, said:

A lot of the cartoon I referenced doing this had the Strikers in red? and the elementals in 'camelot' didn't even have outlines.
And the MW2 enhanced imaging lines are in blue. One of my goals for future skins is to try and do something that has a high spec, but no color in it, so this lingering spec color when you change the diffuse problem isn't there.
yes it appears when the faclons were only facing the strikers and other inner sphere mechs they were in red ,but the one episode in camelot base only had elementals and one mech... Well either way you've done awesome work... IN MW2 i recall that the outline was blue until it got damaged i think the outline changed color as the armor was damaged.... I think it's been years since i've played mw2 so don't take my word for it... but again Awesome job.

yeah found the episode, the wolf elementals didn't have outlines...... but there was also an episode where IS mechs had no outlines either.... I would imagine though that clan wolf's EI would mark their own units with a red outline i don't think the one we saw was a representation of all clans EI. I don't think the wolves want to be seeing Jade falcon green all the time unless the EI system is setup like that..... eh whatever the pack looks great...

Edited by KursedVixen, 16 July 2021 - 01:18 PM.

#67 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,671 posts

Posted 16 July 2021 - 01:17 PM

View PostMark Nicholson, on 16 July 2021 - 12:55 PM, said:

Here, you can see it with some other colors on. It's pretty clean and bright overall, but you'll see hints of green through the outline, especially obvious here on the inner forearm. I expect that some darker lighting scenarios will be diminish the diffuse color even more, leaving only green in dim light.
Posted Image

Thanks for showing us these, I can forgive the lines of green showing as it doesn't look that bad.

#68 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 16 July 2021 - 01:36 PM

Oh look at these cute little elementals. Can we have them as a consumable like the artillerie where they just pop up, shoot for a few seconds than jump of into the distance.

#69 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 750 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 16 July 2021 - 02:16 PM

Oh crap, I wasn't gonna buy this because I'm poor and almost unemployed. But you made the green look so bright and vibrant.., I was sure these were going to look nothing like the concept art, but FFS they look exactly the same. Oh crap...

#70 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 750 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 16 July 2021 - 03:10 PM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 15 July 2021 - 11:53 AM, said:

Got partway through the video, and had to stop to point out: "POINT"!!! These 'mechs have a POINT of Elementals bolted to them. Not a Star. That is all. Posted Image

Oh, that's not all. The other thing (which has been said before) is noting the irony of putting elemental boltons on the Bounty Hunter, who was an Inner Sphere pilot who fought AGAINST the Clans, and just happened to salvage a Timber Wolf after he was shot out of his Marauder.

Yup. Good catch. A star would be 25 of these dudes all over the mech LOL.

#71 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 16 July 2021 - 05:14 PM

Water on canyon is great i like to see it even higher

#72 Conner Ward

• PipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 77 posts

Posted 16 July 2021 - 05:52 PM

Looks great, I finally broke down and pre-ordered the pack.

#73 Conner Ward

• PipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 77 posts

Posted 16 July 2021 - 07:40 PM

View PostNesutizale, on 16 July 2021 - 01:36 PM, said:

Oh look at these cute little elementals. Can we have them as a consumable like the artillerie where they just pop up, shoot for a few seconds than jump of into the distance.

I have suggested that numerous times in the past.

#74 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 16 July 2021 - 07:44 PM

View PostPraetorGix, on 16 July 2021 - 03:10 PM, said:

Yup. Good catch. A star would be 25 of these dudes all over the mech LOL.
pretty sure i already pointed that out in this thread and on the youtube vid as well as many other people :P

#75 Arthen00

• Pip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 July 2021 - 08:07 PM

No ideas for the next pack? What about the ANH-1G?

#76 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,138 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 16 July 2021 - 09:05 PM

Looks Amazing and very lore appreciative, my only complaint is bolt ons cannot be recolored so if like me you want clan wolf or some other the bolt ons look a bit odd black and green...

Black and blue would have at least looked Star Adder.. I guess they might fit Jade Falcon i'm not sure...

Please at least consider a Urbanmech IIC pack.. I believe it would make a lot of money.

Edited by MechaGnome, 16 July 2021 - 09:23 PM.

#77 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,936 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 16 July 2021 - 09:26 PM

View PostMechaGnome, on 16 July 2021 - 09:05 PM, said:

Looks Amazing and very lore appreciative, my only complaint is bolt ons cannot be recolored so if like me you want clan wolf or some other the bolt ons look a bit odd black and green...

Black and blue would have at least looked Star Adder.. I guess they might fit Jade Falcon i'm not sure...

Please at least consider a Urbanmech IIC pack.. I believe it would make a lot of money.

You can.
Answered here by Mark:
https://mwomercs.com...ost__p__6417056

Edited by Navid A1, 16 July 2021 - 09:26 PM.

#78 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 17 July 2021 - 02:19 AM

View PostMechaGnome, on 16 July 2021 - 09:05 PM, said:

they'd have to release a bunch of other IIC mechs to make it worth it.

View PostArthen00, on 16 July 2021 - 08:07 PM, said:

No ideas for the next pack? What about the ANH-1G?
ANH-C Clan tech version.. for clanners. Other IIC mechs i'm sure they can find something , i doubt they can top this pack though the work is beautiful.

Edited by KursedVixen, 17 July 2021 - 02:20 AM.

#79 Flanking Boy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 129 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 17 July 2021 - 12:50 PM

Hi Mark
i do understand what you saying and i 100% agree with you but i can't see a problem if you release other packs using the same (type of) skin

View PostMark Nicholson, on 16 July 2021 - 07:24 AM, said:

No, there are no plans to make this skin available for all chassis at some point. Not only does it defeat the limited nature of the pack, it would be a significant undertaking. Probably several months of dedicated work, and no other packs released in the meantime.

#80 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 17 July 2021 - 12:52 PM

View PostFlanking Boy, on 17 July 2021 - 12:50 PM, said:

Hi Mark
i do understand what you saying and i 100% agree with you but i can't see a problem if you release other packs using the same (type of) skin
could care less about having the skin on other mechs i want ELEMENTALS ON ALL MY OMNIMECHS!!

Firemoth/Dasher when?

Edited by KursedVixen, 17 July 2021 - 12:52 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users