#21 Ghostrider0067

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 397 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationChandler, AZ, USA

Posted 20 August 2021 - 03:26 PM

LRM and sniper fest will definitely be a much bigger concern than before. Disappointing. The cover needs to be more varied in size and height.
Meh. PGI is going to PGI... which means they're not likely to take any feedback or criticism and use it for what it is.

#22 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 20 August 2021 - 03:45 PM

some bug-fixes would be nice. But I appreciate the work you still put in MWO. Keep on the good work.

Some examples:

- On Tourmaline Desert - Conquest some Mechs are being dropped onto the Walls. Then you need to jump down and without jump-jets that means foot damage.

- after each ceasefire the game is crashing for some CW-Players.

- Leaderboards on the Homepage are not working correctly.

- sortable Leaderboads for CW, Like those for quickplay would be nice.

- Mechlab: you can only save one time a mech loadout, after that one time, you need to restart to save another mech-loadout.

- You have a Decal on the arm of a mech. You start walking, Decal is jumping magically.

- Same tonnage for IS and Clans in CW would be nice.

That some stuff that came into my mind. But thats not a complete list.

#23 buckmatic

Rookie

• CS 2023 Top 25 Qualifier
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 August 2021 - 03:50 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 20 August 2021 - 03:23 PM, said:

Your AS7-D actually has +28 CT armor, and the survival nodes you have are responsible for bringing it up to 37. So now you will start at +36 CT armor and your nodes will bring it up to +46 or something.

Alright I feel kinda stupid for not realizing that, thanks for pointing that out, that's still a decent amount added so I will definitely enjoy the extra armor.

#24 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 20 August 2021 - 03:55 PM

View Posttee5, on 20 August 2021 - 03:45 PM, said:

- You have a Decal on the arm of a mech. You start walking, Decal is jumping magically.

This one can be manually mitigated: if you go into the testing grounds, use F5 to activate the external camera, and then the numberpad keys to set a fixed speed, you can see whether the decal is fixed to the correct component or not. If not, try reducing the size of the decal slightly, or finding a flatter contour on which to place it. In my case, I've been noticing that decals placed on the shins (i.e.: Faction ID decals) bounce around. I only just conducted a test with the torso twisted on a 'mech, to realize that in those cases, those decals were being placed on an extended torso, rather than on the leg, and would twist and move in conjunction with the torso. Slightly reducing the size of the decal allowed it to adhere properly to the leg.

#25 Matthew Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 891 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 20 August 2021 - 04:08 PM

It's great to finally see August 2021 patch notes out. Can't wait to try in particular the Marauder 2 and CN9-D (return of the autoshotty). Atlas with internal structure quirk being converted to armor is also much needed. The more generalised weapon quirks is also good for encouraging mixed builds (UAC jam quirks introduced on victors and AC20 Centurions is also cool).

On that note though,
- IMO Awesomes need more durability love on top of the crit receiving quirk. Will the team consider LT/RT/CT armor quirks to round out the chassis in a second quirk pass?
- Will the team also consider converting the UAC wolverine (7D? Cant remember) to have a general UAC jam chance quirk instead of leaving it at UAC5 jam quirk?

#26 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 20 August 2021 - 04:18 PM

Thank you for posting this patch preview, it is much appreciated!

#27 Heavy Money

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 20 August 2021 - 04:22 PM

Looks great overall. Very glad to see that the Marauder II got some attention in the first pass, but I'm guessing it'll need more. Here's my initial reaction:

4A:
PPC HSL+1 means we'll see triple HPPC builds, and possibly some snub brawling builds, and silly 8xPPC meme builds. Hardpoints split between high and low arms really limits things. -5% heat isn't enough to make laser builds attractive. JJs are great and I suppose you can use them to help get your arm mounts clear of cover, but they aren't useful in hill peaking builds using the high mounts.

4HP:
I still have no idea what to do with this. Snub+srm brawl? low arm mounts and limited range, might as well have taken an Atlas or Heavy Gauss fafnir.

4L:
More energy heat efficiency doesn't hurt. Gauss+Lgauss+2xERPPC build should move up in usefulness a bit. Perhaps worth trying some HPPC or LPL builds to take advantage of the energy heat. As above, JJs can help get your arm weapons where you can use them, but you're a huge target doing that. If you're going to be a huge target, might as well be in an Anni or Fafnir which will hit harder.

5A:
Heat doesn't hurt, but still can't do much with it loadout wise. Doesn't open up anything new. Will be looking at the same builds already on Grimmechs, but with the same drawbacks, just more durable. Still little reason to take it over other options.

6S:
Will be opened up to the Lgauss+4ERPPC build, which has pretty much the same role as the 4L and same problems, but no ECM and more of the damage in low mounts.

Alpha:
CD and Heat actually looks great. UAC10's + Large Lasers or PPCs will be manageable with that heat quirk. It'll be near Atlas levels of tough, but with more range. (You could probably have given them ALL 10% heat and CD and still might be underwhelming. Other 100 tonners have quirks of this level without the hardpoint issues.)

Is there some hidden niche or strength I've missed here? Is there something they can do better than the Anni, Atlas, or Fafnir other than Jump Jets?

Edited by Heavy Money, 20 August 2021 - 04:32 PM.

#28 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 736 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 20 August 2021 - 04:30 PM

Ohboyohboyohboy I cannot wait to never ever again see the old HPG again!

#29 BROARL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 301 posts
  • Locationcommunity warfare

Posted 20 August 2021 - 04:43 PM

thankyou for putting time and effort into the game.
if new maps means more maps i am sure we are all happy.
if we need to lose an old map every time we gain a new map there are sure to be mixed responses...
thankyou for putting time and effort into the game.

please bring back classic HPG, terra, canyon, polar...

#30 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 736 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 20 August 2021 - 04:44 PM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 20 August 2021 - 12:24 PM, said:

You've got ramps to the top of what are ostensibly defensive walls? And I can't tell, but it kinda looks like the dish has been moved to the edge of the map and quadrupled in size...

Uhm, yes? Because, you know, most of us would really really like to chase those f*cking Spiders Cheetahs and Shadow Cats off their sniping positions... But I'm guessing you fit into one of those three dontcha?

#31 Daeron Katz

Senior Marketing and Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 270 posts

Posted 20 August 2021 - 04:47 PM

View PostGhostrider0067, on 20 August 2021 - 03:26 PM, said:

LRM and sniper fest will definitely be a much bigger concern than before. Disappointing. The cover needs to be more varied in size and height.
Meh. PGI is going to PGI... which means they're not likely to take any feedback or criticism and use it for what it is.

Actually, we've continued with iterations on both Canyon and Polar Highlands based on feedback every patch, and we'll continue doing so with those maps and now HPG as well.

#32 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 20 August 2021 - 05:05 PM

- Mechlab: you can only save one time a mech loadout, after that one time, you need to restart to save another mech-loadout.

Not encountering this issue here. Please run the MWO Repair Tool (or if Steam, then Verify Install there) and certify that your game install is loaded properly. :(

Seen this, but the fix is actually on the user end, all due to some bugs that PGI was correcting. Please re-seat the Decals that are acting up, and you should find things on the Arms to be enjoyable again. :)

View PostDaeron Katz, on 20 August 2021 - 04:47 PM, said:

Actually, we've continued with iterations on both Canyon and Polar Highlands based on feedback every patch, and we'll continue doing so with those maps and now HPG as well.

Speaking of that... Canyon seems virtually perfect now, as the water definitely added the missing nice touch... Francois definitely gets my dual thumbs-up for that one. On the other hand, Polar is a tad over-built with buildings down in the center pit, while the outer areas of the map seem overly sparse... Being able to maneuver should not need 5-point turns, right? And please don't listen at this time to the people saying HPG is going the wrong way, as nobody in the general Community has actually been able to play the new area yet... It seems to me like it does have sufficient cover zones. B)

Also, is it possible we might get a HPG v2 fly-through video from you/Matt/Francois by any chance? :wacko:

~D. V. "catching up on the 2021 August Preview with others' Bugs and some map-related thoughts" Devnull

#33 hypographia

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 43 posts

Posted 20 August 2021 - 05:18 PM

My dusty LPL Locust thanks you so so so very much!!!

#34 ghostrider

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 August 2021 - 05:33 PM

View PostGhostrider0067, on 20 August 2021 - 03:26 PM, said:

From one Ghostrider to another, 100% agree with the first part of that statement. Design seems to favor snipers again. I can appreciate defensive quirks for mechs so they have a chance to survive when closing the distance, but weak-a-boo (see what i did there) playstyle is boring to me, let's brawl! More cover, paths/trenches leading to sniper spots which themselves have less cover, etc would be appreciated.

#35 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,413 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 20 August 2021 - 05:42 PM

[Oops... just realized the "official" feedback Forum thread is this one]:

I like what Cauldron is doing, and especially like this Quirk Pass #1 upcoming end-Aug-2021 !

==>I'm personally looking forward to how Cauldron would make the Mauler more usable as compared to the Cyclops. Every since Cyclops had been introduced, the Mauler had been in its shadow (less mobility, and Mauler quirks not enough to offset this performance deficit).

This Quirk Pass #1 and changed maps (Canyon Network, Polar Highlands, and now this HPG Manifold), does indeed make MWO feel like a new game now!

I personally am eyeing the premium mech packs now as these look more interesting in view of the Quirk Passes...
~Clan Wave I
~Clan Wave II
~Resistance II

Perhaps others as well Posted Image

==>Perhaps MWO will consider to give an one-off Flash Sale of 50% Off for a very brief period (say 12 hours), before the Quirk Pass has been applied to the rest of the numerous mech chassis? MWO gets to drum up Premium mech pack sales, while players can speculate/gamble/hope on buying these before the full Quirk Pass has been applied to all chassis? Posted Image [Edit: 50% Off for the bigger priced US$80 or above Premium mech packs only; the rest of the smaller packs US$70 or below 30% off].

Edited by w0qj, 20 August 2021 - 05:50 PM.

#36 Commander James Raynor

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 67 posts
  • LocationChile

Posted 20 August 2021 - 05:42 PM

Yeah, I don't know about this one. I mean, I won't really know until I try it, but HPG is the best map in the game right now, so any change may make it a bit worse. Even if it's good, will it be as good as before? In this case, I would have loved a second, similar map. It's so good that having it come out twice as much would be very welcome.

I guess We'll see.

#37 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 20 August 2021 - 05:43 PM

View Postghostrider, on 20 August 2021 - 05:33 PM, said:

From one Ghostrider to another, 100% agree with the first part of that statement. Design seems to favor snipers again. I can appreciate defensive quirks for mechs so they have a chance to survive when closing the distance, but weak-a-boo (see what i did there) playstyle is boring to me, let's brawl! More cover, paths/trenches leading to sniper spots which themselves have less cover, etc would be appreciated.

Which is what they did it seems like on this map brawl wise, adding ramps to the walls so anyone can access them, and not just jump jet mechs or mechs that waste 2 minutes to climb them; If they really were favoring snipers, the walls would've remained the same, and there would be no ramps to get up them.

#38 ghostrider

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 August 2021 - 05:54 PM

View PostScout Derek, on 20 August 2021 - 05:43 PM, said:

Which is what they did it seems like on this map brawl wise, adding ramps to the walls so anyone can access them, and not just jump jet mechs or mechs that waste 2 minutes to climb them; If they really were favoring snipers, the walls would've remained the same, and there would be no ramps to get up them.

Not disputing this, but i would've appreciated partial cover on these ramps (using 3rd picture bottom left as reference) to get to the top position, from what i can see you'll probably get sniped and shot in the back from the main level a bunch of times trying to get to the top.

#39 Mister Smile

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 48 posts

Posted 20 August 2021 - 06:15 PM

So even more wall-campers on HPG. Exactly what this map needed...

#40 Slapshotwrx

Rookie

• The Deputy
  • The Deputy
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 August 2021 - 06:17 PM

SHD changes are laughable

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users