#81 Mochyn Pupur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 521 posts
  • LocationDerby, England

Posted 25 August 2021 - 08:05 AM

View Postkillkimno, on 24 August 2021 - 05:07 PM, said:

There is a problem that there is no matching because there are few current Solaris users.
The problem is that the queue is distributed by division.
Divisions should be toggled and queues should be united into one

The problem surrounding "no matching" is that virtually nobody wants to play S7. It was a flash in the plan attempt by PGI to get into esports and all it did was burn a pot of money that would have better been spent on FP and making MWO more attractive to new players with story lines, daily/weekly/ monthly tasks (look at the popularity of the new events - finally wp PGI) and making new maps etc. to retain the decent sized player base.

S7 was always going to be a niche mode in a system that didn't need it.

#82 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 25 August 2021 - 01:25 PM

View PostPeppaPig, on 25 August 2021 - 08:05 AM, said:

It was a flash in the plan attempt by PGI to get into esports

Not true whatsoever. Solaris was never done with the intention of ESports.

ESports and MWO was the domain of the World Champs that were run and broadcast each year and ran for a few years before losing traction due to various reasons that serve no purpose being discussed in a thread about Solaris.

#83 SATAN RULES

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 August 2021 - 01:30 PM

What a stupid decision to remove the rewards!Me and friends liked alot getting rewards.
We are not going to play it anymore now that the motivation is gone . Instead of improving this game you are making it even worse. What a disaster, unbelievable PGI

#84 Attercop

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 25 August 2021 - 01:31 PM

One of my posts in this thread has disappeared. What's up with that?

#85 Belorion

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 25 August 2021 - 04:05 PM

Honestly I would play it more if other people played it more. Same with Faction Play.

Perhaps better rewards, custom Solaris 7 skins or whatnot.

Hot Snow.

#86 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 August 2021 - 05:11 PM

Good. Solaris needed to die so that it could be reintroduced at a later date with significant updates. Phoenix style.

Changes Solaris needs in order to be playable:

MOST IMPORTANT
- reduce wasted time (matchup screen, startup animation, connect screen) This is absolutely infuriating.
- only one division open at a time. Have it cycle ever hour, or day, whatever. No more buckets. One queue.

IMPORTANT
- option for Bo3 rematch, or make it always Bo3 (again, to optimise ratio of playing time vs non-playing time)
- more divisions for better balance and more viable mechs to choose from
- don't fully reset Elo every month. It's not a good experience. Do a half-way reset.

LEAST IMPORTANT
- remove 2v2 until Solaris is fixed and actually populated enough to support it. Again: reduce buckets to one queue.
- a couple more maps
- sponsors overhaul. Shіt seems pretty pointless, just tacked on. Put some thought into it. Make it matter.
- if one single mech (like AC2 Anni) continues to dominate the top division, then just BAN the darn thing.

Edited by Tarogato, 25 August 2021 - 05:18 PM.

#87 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 26 August 2021 - 07:31 AM

View PostDregian Bloodwrath, on 25 August 2021 - 06:22 AM, said:

tru but how many of us can take on a ac2 build how many of us play solaris often enough to know what to do me u makenzie and maybe a hand full of others .. but for the guy going in for the 1st time and being obliterated ... its a deterrent doesnt matter how u look at it .. im also guilty of this dev1 i also run a 6x ac2 anny

Solaris divisions are a joke, honestly. They really are. Some mechs should have been outright banned if we were going to have a division system like this, maybe then Div 1 wouldn't be full of AC/2 Spam annihilators.

#88 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • Location"I don't like your loadout...you must have no idea what you're doing." ~This forum

Posted 26 August 2021 - 07:41 AM

View PostScout Derek, on 26 August 2021 - 07:31 AM, said:

Solaris divisions are a joke, honestly. They really are. Some mechs should have been outright banned if we were going to have a division system like this, maybe then Div 1 wouldn't be full of AC/2 Spam annihilators.

the 10/5 ANH and uac builds have been he meta for the last several seasons. There’s still several AC2 boats that pop in but the leaderboards have been mostly 10/5 builds for a long time. But i agree, in general...I know a new meta would pop up ANH dominates everything with little more than turret mobility. I’d like to see what would happen in div 1 without the ANH and Direwolf.

#89 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 26 August 2021 - 08:22 AM

View PostTarogato, on 25 August 2021 - 05:11 PM, said:

- if one single mech (like AC2 Anni) continues to dominate the top division, then just BAN the darn thing.

Arguably making the divisions rotate through banlists might shake up the meta somewhat. This could work with short (1m) seasons, since if your personal favourite is not legal for the current month, it will be again within a month or two.

#90 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • Location"I don't like your loadout...you must have no idea what you're doing." ~This forum

Posted 26 August 2021 - 08:32 AM

View PostHorseman, on 26 August 2021 - 08:22 AM, said:

Arguably making the divisions rotate through banlists might shake up the meta somewhat. This could work with short (1m) seasons, since if your personal favourite is not legal for the current month, it will be again within a month or two.

I was thinking about just this idea couple days ago. I don’t think it would work because it be too expensive. I could do it because I am in playing since the very beginning. My pockets, in the game anyway, are very deep. Buying and skilling out multiple rigs for every division will be pretty difficult for most of the players, if not impossible for a new player.

#91 LittleMik

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 August 2021 - 11:57 AM

As i already suggested here.
https://mwomercs.com...itors-in-queue/

Just think about it. If you can reduce the waiting times, playerbase will increase,...
...hopefully..

#92 MechWarrior5782621

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 117 posts

Posted 31 August 2021 - 06:00 AM

My suggestion is to reduce it to 4 or 5 divisions. Then there would be more variety in each division, and fewer queues, leading to shorter wait times. Apologies if someone already said this.

Also, there should be Solaris-specific nerfs, if a particular mech keeps dominating. There have already been weapon nerfs that are specific to Solaris (ie: flamers), so I don't think this is too much of a stretch.

#93 Mycroft000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 511 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 31 August 2021 - 06:04 AM

Solaris was just another bucket that took away from the actual viable game modes. Its only place is as an annual event where it becomes the focus of the game, either following, or coinciding with the team competitive "championship".

#94 Sawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 402 posts

Posted 31 August 2021 - 03:24 PM

HMM --- then bring back SCOUTING in some form : )

SAWK

#95 Mochyn Pupur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 521 posts
  • LocationDerby, England

Posted 01 September 2021 - 06:56 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 25 August 2021 - 01:25 PM, said:

Not true whatsoever. Solaris was never done with the intention of ESports.

ESports and MWO was the domain of the World Champs that were run and broadcast each year and ran for a few years before losing traction due to various reasons that serve no purpose being discussed in a thread about Solaris.

It was a flash in the pan that wasted huge amounts of resources, programming time and money, creating something that was never asked for; similarly, stripping money out of MWO to produce MW5 and not returning anything of value to the long time supporters of MWO . . . no idea where World Championships came into "my comments" other than the usual pathetic manipulation of posts you are insistent on mangling to hide or dismiss anyone else's input or responses.

#96 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,952 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 01 September 2021 - 10:05 AM

View PostPeppaPig, on 01 September 2021 - 06:56 AM, said:

It was a flash in the pan that wasted huge amounts of resources, programming time and money, creating something that was never asked for; similarly, stripping money out of MWO to produce MW5 and not returning anything of value to the long time supporters of MWO . . . no idea where World Championships came into "my comments" other than the usual pathetic manipulation of posts you are insistent on mangling to hide or dismiss anyone else's input or responses.

I remember hearing past pod cast where Solaris was recommended

like I have said many times you can pick up a ton of information listening to old NGNG pod casts

when I bring up Solaris two things come up
1) MW4
2) PGI did it wrong

maybe a Solaris 7 round table could be done ??

#97 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 01 September 2021 - 10:47 AM

It doesn't matter. Suggestions about how to "fix" Solaris have been around since season 1. More enticing rewards, better events, fewer buckets, group queues, single queues, limitations on mech variants, you name it it's been suggested and PGI chose to address it by reducing rewards, reducing events, removing advertising, and slowing removing all appeal whatsoever. PGI has no interest in making Solaris anything more than what it currently is.

#98 DAEDALOS513

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 01 September 2021 - 11:30 AM

View PostMakenzie71, on 01 September 2021 - 10:47 AM, said:

It doesn't matter. Suggestions about how to "fix" Solaris have been around since season 1. More enticing rewards, better events, fewer buckets, group queues, single queues, limitations on mech variants, you name it it's been suggested and PGI chose to address it by reducing rewards, reducing events, removing advertising, and slowing removing all appeal whatsoever. PGI has no interest in making Solaris anything more than what it currently is.

Bottom line.. without a healthy level of population playing MWO so that the matchmaker in Solaris can do it's job, it will NEVER get off the ground. Making improvements and fine-tuning Solaris to the moon and back will NOT bring more players to this game because Solaris is the side-show.. QP is the main attraction. It was very wise to shelve Solaris for the time being and hopefully put more focus on things that WILL boost pop'n.

One thing that will increase the player base are events. PGI must come up with moar prizes so that it can maintain ongoing, multiple and concurrent events. The new prizes must also be able to be rewarded over the long-term so that it can give new players a real purpose to grind, grind and keep grinding (even vets enjoy the satisfaction of completing events). Utilizing existing prizes, PGI can extend the mileage they get out of them by instead of awarding them out in one shot.. award it in pieces. For example, you have to complete 5 events to earn 5 'camo' pieces so you can trade the pieces in to receive a free camo of your choosing; or 10 colour pieces to earn a colour of your choosing; or 50 mech pieces to earn a mech of your choosing.

Players need a reason to play, give it to us!

PS. Unit based events would be appreciated, this is a team-based game after all. Give units moar purpose.

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 02 September 2021 - 09:40 AM.

#99 Sawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 402 posts

Posted 01 September 2021 - 02:47 PM

hmm its gone, but we can bring back scouting, maybe it could be 1 on 1, if you only would ask for it.

it should be all about building teams, but a 1 on 1 scouting mission, my ebon jag-- challenges your IR counter mech, i do not even play a ebon jag-- build it they will come.

SAWK CLANNER :P

#100 RabidBeagles

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 September 2021 - 07:40 PM

What about a division where players can't bring in custom builds and can only choose among the (dev-made) pre-built mechs? This might help to be a more noob-friendly division where players don't have to worry about whether their builds fit the current 'meta'. Just a thought.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users