Warhammer 6R - September Free Mech Event

84 replies to this topic

#21 Saved By The Bell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 18 September 2021 - 12:03 PM

40 000? 2 days may be. With 50% win-loss.

#22 Wid1046

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 277 posts

Posted 18 September 2021 - 05:07 PM

View PostDangerousOne, on 18 September 2021 - 11:32 AM, said:

You have a MONTH to grind for a PATTERN for the mech, if you want. The main prize, the mech itself, is fairly easy to obtain. I guess PGI thinks that grinding might keep people playing the game. Posted Image

Do you think most people who only have time to play on weekends play 20 to 25 games a day? Or did you not bother reading before commenting?

I don't think that I will have any problem getting the camo pattern, but - as I stated in my comment - I am concerned that others won't have time to play so many matches and will simply give up. I doubt that many (or possibly even any) of the more casual players would bother to be on the forums, but those are the people that I am concerned about losing. The events are good for us as well, but they should be primarily aimed getting new players and keeping those that are more casual, since they are the ones that are most likely to leave.

#23 Sergeant Destroy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 201 posts

Posted 18 September 2021 - 08:57 PM

Hmmm, I got the Mechbay, but not the Warhammer.
Anyone else?

Edited by Sergeant Destroy, 18 September 2021 - 09:50 PM.

#24 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,368 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 18 September 2021 - 10:52 PM

There's a player who achieved 1,000+ kills with his WHM-6R !!

https://mwomercs.com...-my-boom-hammer

Surely WHM-6R is not that bad :)

#25 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 19 September 2021 - 04:06 AM

View PostSergeant Destroy, on 18 September 2021 - 08:57 PM, said:

Hmmm, I got the Mechbay, but not the Warhammer.
Anyone else?

Through what interface did you try to claim the Mech for yourself? :huh:

~D. V. "Having a sneaking hunch about the missing Mech" Devnull

#26 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 19 September 2021 - 09:39 AM

I thought Warhammer 40.000 had only Orcs in it and no Mechs ?! Posted Image Posted Image

Anyway...

Always nice to have another Warhammer 6R in the collection so let's do this!Posted ImagePosted Image

The 40.000 Match Score should be about 5 to 6 days (evenings actually) of 3 or 4 hours of gaming if all goes well like with the previous Event so I don't see any issue there... Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#27 Rizzi Kell

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Wolf
  • Hero of Wolf
  • 140 posts

Posted 19 September 2021 - 10:56 AM

HAHAHA 40K Matchscore to get the marik pattern.....

#28 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 730 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 19 September 2021 - 04:05 PM

40.000 matchscore??? Yeah I get the reference but holy Emperor not even a tech-Adept would want to stick his nose in front of a PC for THAT much time...

#29 Duck Dodgers of the Quack Clan

• Pip
  • The Raptor
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 September 2021 - 08:15 PM

View Postw0qj, on 17 September 2021 - 09:20 PM, said:

Just to feedback on behalf of new players: 40,000 match score is a little over the top, even factoring in the 30 days to achieve this:
@200 match score/game = 200 games (7 games a day, for 30 days straight)
@100 match score/game = 400 games (14 games a day, for 30 days straight)
@50 match score/game: forget it (but I was in this situation 15 months ago).

Yes, this is going to be a longer and more difficult/ challenge, perhaps impossible for some, but I don't see how anyone could have resisted putting at least one "Warhammer 40,000" challenge in the event. I would have been disappointed if PGI had missed the opportunity for a humorous subtle reference to this other table top war game, also based on dark futuristic lore. The joke made my day . . . and the challenge will probably make a good few weeks. ;>)

#30 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,368 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 19 September 2021 - 09:59 PM

This would be slightly easier, if one must refer to 40,000: just give a frivolous warhorn (one that can be bought with MC) as reward for doing 40,000 damage.

(Warhammer...40,000...warhorn...get it?) Posted Image

[ie: New players might not care about a warhorn, but new players might care about the WHM-6R camo which they [i]will[/i] want]

View PostDuck Dodgers of the Quack Clan, on 19 September 2021 - 08:15 PM, said:

Yes, this is going to be a longer and more difficult/ challenge, perhaps impossible for some, but I don't see how anyone could have resisted putting at least one "Warhammer 40,000" challenge in the event. I would have been disappointed if PGI had missed the opportunity for a humorous subtle reference to this other table top war game, also based on dark futuristic lore. The joke made my day . . . and the challenge will probably make a good few weeks. ;>)

Edited by w0qj, 20 September 2021 - 12:49 PM.

#31 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 473 posts

Posted 19 September 2021 - 10:22 PM

Thx, PGI!

#32 Cyrilis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • 760 posts
  • LocationRas Alhague Insane Asylum, most of the time in the pen where they lock up the Urbie pilots

Posted 20 September 2021 - 05:17 AM

I suppose, there will be Clan mech for the October free 'Mech event (as these seem to come in regularly now.

Cataphract for November please?

#33 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 878 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 20 September 2021 - 11:29 AM

So many WH40k references in this event!
But no Terminator SM bolt-ons?! We must ride into battle without our four armoured friends?! NO, THIS IS HERESY!
No warhorn with the cry: BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!! ... Are you slaaneshi cultist or what?
Also this mech could be win with pure FP playing? I won the SHD (prev lackluster thing) playing only FP. Sold for a free mech bay and were disappointed that could ever happened!
Also the sale is also nice. Thanks for the second Summoner, much appreciated!

#34 Iron Boucanier

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 28 posts
  • LocationWarrensburg, Missouri USA

Posted 20 September 2021 - 03:25 PM

Epic Trolling!

#35 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 20 September 2021 - 11:43 PM

View PostIron Boucanier, on 20 September 2021 - 03:25 PM, said:

Epic Trolling!

Pardon me, but... WHAT IN THE WHM-6R EVENT THREAD'S HECK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!?!?!? :blink:

~D. V. "stupidly confused by your rather tiny post in the WHM-6R Event's thread" Devnull

#36 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 20 September 2021 - 11:54 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 20 September 2021 - 11:43 PM, said:

Pardon me, but... WHAT IN THE WHM-6R EVENT THREAD'S HECK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!?!?!? :blink:

~D. V. "stupidly confused by your rather tiny post in the WHM-6R Event's thread" Devnull

Most likely they meant PGI's stab at the whole GW and Warhammer Exodus situation.

#37 Iron Boucanier

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 28 posts
  • LocationWarrensburg, Missouri USA

Posted 21 September 2021 - 07:42 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 20 September 2021 - 11:43 PM, said:

Pardon me, but... WHAT IN THE WHM-6R EVENT THREAD'S HECK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!?!?!? Posted Image

Everything from the challenges to the prizes are trolling Games Workshop. Games Workshop has been issuing strikes against e-bay sellers and content creators as well as digital artist based on some valid but mostly invalid intellectual copywrite claims. They have gone so far as to make claims against content that has the word "Warhammer" in the title as well as making several other claims. Games Workshop's two major titles are "Warhammer 40,000" often called just 40K and "Warhammer age of Sigmar". They are science fiction and fantasy titles respectively that are insanely derivative of other intellectual properties and cultural myths from around the world. Most fantasy and science fiction is. This has caused a backlash among their fan base because of the zealous nature of the companies pursuit of their so called intellectual property claims. Battletech/Mechwarrior has become something of a fan alternative that has been seeing a massive surge in popularity because of it.

#38 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 21 September 2021 - 11:14 AM

View PostIron Boucanier, on 21 September 2021 - 07:42 AM, said:

<<< snip >>>

Everything from the challenges to the prizes are trolling Games Workshop. Games Workshop has been issuing strikes against e-bay sellers and content creators as well as digital artist based on some valid but mostly invalid intellectual copywrite claims. They have gone so far as to make claims against content that has the word "Warhammer" in the title as well as making several other claims. Games Workshop's two major titles are "Warhammer 40,000" often called just 40K and "Warhammer age of Sigmar". They are science fiction and fantasy titles respectively that are insanely derivative of other intellectual properties and cultural myths from around the world. Most fantasy and science fiction is. This has caused a backlash among their fan base because of the zealous nature of the companies pursuit of their so called intellectual property claims. Battletech/Mechwarrior has become something of a fan alternative that has been seeing a massive surge in popularity because of it.

Understood, Iron Boucanier... Thank You for the fill-in on the matter. I had been wondering if something was up, given some video headers that I saw in passing on YouTube previously. Unfortunately, before I could look at them, it happened that YouTube swept them out of my view, and I could never find my way back. Both of your posts revolving around my query will be getting a 'Like' because of your helpful information, along with Aidan Crenshaw's pointer too. :)

EDIT :: By the way, did anyone notice that if you take the "40" out of the "WH40K" shorthand, then you end up with "WHK" instead which happens to be the WarHawk Mech identifier? :P

~D. V. "Thankful for the fill-in on the G.W. & WH40K situation..." Devnull

Edited by D V Devnull, 21 September 2021 - 11:18 AM.

#39 JOATMON Incorporated

• PipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 90 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 21 September 2021 - 12:30 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 21 September 2021 - 11:14 AM, said:

Understood, Iron Boucanier... Thank You for the fill-in on the matter. I had been wondering if something was up, given some video headers that I saw in passing on YouTube previously. Unfortunately, before I could look at them, it happened that YouTube swept them out of my view, and I could never find my way back. Both of your posts revolving around my query will be getting a 'Like' because of your helpful information, along with Aidan Crenshaw's pointer too. Posted Image

EDIT :: By the way, did anyone notice that if you take the "40" out of the "WH40K" shorthand, then you end up with "WHK" instead which happens to be the WarHawk Mech identifier? Posted Image

~D. V. "Thankful for the fill-in on the G.W. & WH40K situation..." Devnull

Sooooo Free Warhawk then for October?

#40 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 21 September 2021 - 03:01 PM

View PostJOATMON Incorporated, on 21 September 2021 - 12:30 PM, said:

<<< snip >>>

Sooooo Free Warhawk then for October?

I do not know, as I am not "someone in the loop" about the matter. That next Free Mech Prize is up to Matt/Daeron/etc. @ PGI to decide. It's also unlikely that I would ever get a 'Like' from them for this post, and I would be surprised if they happened to do that. :unsure:

~D. V. "has no idea about the next Free Mech Prize to be earned" Devnull

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users