No Spam In Chat, Recent Controversy Opinion

182 replies to this topic

#121 Rain Dark Sky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 179 posts

Posted 05 October 2021 - 10:20 AM

View Post1453 R, on 05 October 2021 - 07:12 AM, said:

I rephrased what was written to convey the same message in a different tone.

Amazing how often simply flipping the filter on the same message can produce such radical seeming-differences. Also fun to see someone yell "that's not what I meant at all! DX" when it's absolutely what they meant and they're just pissed off someone simply decided to call them on it.

I don't stand for this nonsensical "I'm going to reasonably request deeply unreasonable things" business so many people hide behind these days. I will make sure the request is absolutely every bit as unreasonable as it should be. Asking for people to stop spamming the in-match chat with non game related stuff? Reasonable. And the answer there is also both reasonable and well-known - report for nonconstructive posting, mute the offending players, and move on.

Pulling a SixthMessenger and "reasonably requesting" that LGBTQ+ folk go back to being a silent, beaten, ostracized minority that meekly accepts being harshly punished with everything up to and including being f@#$ing murdered for the crime of wanting to express themselves, their experiences, and their desires? Not quite so reasonable.

Histronics, straw men and red Herrings.

Tell us about the last time somebody here was beat up or murdered for having the gay. I'll wait... the only countries where that takes place are 3rd world Doogie holes with no internet.

I have no need or desire to hear about people's made up gender pronouns and sexual preferences, unless they are interviewing for a job at a brothel that stuff has no place at work or play. I don't care if you cut off you weenie and dress like a girl, keep it to yourself. I don't shove my gender or serial preferences in y'all's face, I'd expect the same respect to be shown to me. I'm not going to brainwash your kids that your lifestyle is a sin, and I'd appreciate my kids not having that stuff shoved in their face and told it's normal and healthy.

It's called respecting other people's beliefs and religions, so keep your darned sexual perversions to yourself and don't force them on me or my kids.

I may not agree with the tranny global **** lifestyle and militant atheist agenda, but I respect the right of people to do what they want unless it harms (real harm, not offended feelings) other people. And it's my belief that pushing it on my little kids is harmful. Does a 5 year old need to learn about sex, hetero or ****? Hell no. Nor a 9 year old, they don't need to be brainwashed into celebrating mental illness either.

I don't get on comms and preach about Jesus, or Corona vaccines, or presidential candidates. Or sexual preferences, I don't list my made up gender pronouns for the same reasons. It's private, and nobody's business but my own.

But for the record I self identify as a Kit Fox Purifier.

#122 pattonesque

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 05 October 2021 - 10:23 AM

View PostCherokeeRose, on 05 October 2021 - 10:20 AM, said:

Tell us about the last time somebody here was beat up or murdered for having the gay. I'll wait... the only countries where that takes place are 3rd world Doogie holes with no internet.

You likely won't care about this beyond being happy it's happening, but: https://www.hrc.org/...nforming-people

#123 Chadoken

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 75 posts

Posted 05 October 2021 - 10:28 AM

I don't get on comms and preach about Jesus

Probably just as well since you clearly don't understand what he stood for.

#124 Rain Dark Sky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 179 posts

Posted 05 October 2021 - 10:31 AM

View PostEscef, on 05 October 2021 - 08:32 AM, said:

You said the original policy was neutral. You said the change was allowing "left wing" rhetoric. What makes human rights "left wing" in your world? You implied a hell of a lot about your outlook. If that's the closest you've got to clarifying your ideas, perhaps you should have not responded at all?

Let's try this... make a unit called "Muslims are right about women"... every match start spamming "women shouldn't drive cars", "women should wear a veil when outside", "women shouldn't go outside without a male family member present". Is it now hate speech to support a religion in game?

You think this should be allowed also? Or should only your own views be allowed...

I see a lot if "you have to agree with me or you are a bigot" talk. What happened to respecting other people's views even if you disagree...? So tolerant... unless I say, do, or think the "wrong" thing?

#125 ChairmanMauzer

Rookie

• The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 October 2021 - 10:33 AM

View PostCherokeeRose, on 05 October 2021 - 10:31 AM, said:

Let's try this... make a unit called "Muslims are right about women"... every match start spamming "women shouldn't drive cars", "women should wear a veil when outside", "women shouldn't go outside without a male family member present". Is it now hate speech to support a religion in game?

You don't see the difference between calls for equality of rights and calls to deny someone's rights?

No wonder you're so confused about this topic when you don't even understand the basic concepts.

#126 Commoners

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 146 posts

Posted 05 October 2021 - 10:33 AM

Go to page six and read the second to last paragraph of my post and it covers this subject pretty clearly.

The suppression of women is also broadly considered a human rights violation, which is why Afghanistan was globally sanctioned into the ground when it was governed by the Taliban in the 1990s-2000s. So no, those phrases would not be allowed. There's not a lot of nuance to this example, dude.

Those phrases also aren't broadly adopted practices by Muslims, so hopefully you know specifically what nations have picked those political stances you're referring to instead of thinking that they all share the same policies across the entire Muslim diaspora.

Throw some fastballs that you legitimately want to pick over and they can be picked over, but this is a softball.

Edited by Commoners, 05 October 2021 - 10:48 AM.

#127 Chadoken

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 75 posts

Posted 05 October 2021 - 10:34 AM

You think this should be allowed also? Or should only your own views be allowed...

I see a lot if "you have to agree with me or you are a bigot" talk. What happened to respecting other people's views even if you disagree...? So tolerant... unless I say, do, or think the "wrong" thing?

No, you're a bigot when you, say, use a broad brush to label an entire religion of 2 billion people as backwards lmao I can't even with this guy.

#128 Rain Dark Sky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 179 posts

Posted 05 October 2021 - 10:38 AM

View PostPaladin22, on 05 October 2021 - 08:41 AM, said:

Freedom is a double-edged sword. Would those who are champion trans rights be OK with those who are championing say right leaning views? How about a team that is "Blue Lives Matter", how about "Men's Rights". How about "Abortion is murder" or "Segregate the Races". See how this goes downhill fast? To be clear I'm not a supporter of any of these as team names, nor am I supporter of a "Trans rights" as a team. I'm a registered independent myself and stay pretty middle ground. You're trans, good for you, and what does your sexual orientation or gender identity have to do with shooting a robot? Nothing, so stop shoving it down my throat, frankly I don't care. Not that I don't care about you as a person, but this isn't a place for your platform, and it isn't for mine. I'm sure I've played with some trans people in this game through the 4 years I've played this game and will continue to do so.

For PGI's part, it's frustrating that they reversed this. I guess next year they will be OK with a team called "{Godwin's Law} Pride" because they don't want to discriminate right?

Lol.

I'm sorry comrade, you are using non approved logic, you sound like one of those evil white right wing racist terrorists...please report immediately for re-education, upon successful completion your chocolate ration will be raised from 4 grams per day to 3 grams per day.

#129 pattonesque

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 05 October 2021 - 10:39 AM

how are these things equivalent to "trans rights"

#130 Chadoken

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 75 posts

Posted 05 October 2021 - 10:46 AM

View PostCherokeeRose, on 05 October 2021 - 10:38 AM, said:

white right wing racist terrorists

Speaking of which, where were you on Jan 6th?

#131 Rain Dark Sky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 179 posts

Posted 05 October 2021 - 10:49 AM

View PostCommoners, on 05 October 2021 - 09:41 AM, said:

The people who really, truly want society stratified and/or segregated by factors like race, gender, sex, religion, and other factors that are considered protected statuses when speaking about human rights rely on disingenuous arguments that allow them to use more moderate participants and their arguments as a smokescreen. An absolute victory for them is achieving that stratification and separation of people based on those factors, a minor victory in a community is maintaining a status quota where those targeted groups are shamed into silence and thus cannot rock the boat away from that shamed status.

It's why the, "Well no one should be allowed to say anything, then," argument is adopted both by the people who legitimately don't want to see allchat in game and also by the people who use the same name on their MWO and reddit accounts where they have histories of openly equivocating lgbtq people with rapists or sex offenders and blame them for imaginary things like 'societal degeneracy.'

A good example in this thread was Cherokee Rose, whose posts swung so far into "oh ****" territory that they got deleted, even when compared to ones that are currently still standing in this thread that could be construed as abrasive by people standing on the opposing side of the fence from each other. He started with that same moderate stance, and eventually blew his top and started posting some really egregious stuff that dropped the mask and revealed his actual, honest intent and opinions on the subjects in this thread. Edit: (Just to be clear, he's not one of those mwo/reddit accounts that I know of. He just blew up in this thread.)

Did you just assume my gender?

Shamed into silence?

Is that not what you are trying to do to me?

Please, tell me where lgbyq people are being harmed on mwo...

As usual... tolerant of other people's beliefs unless you disagree with them.

All I ask is to keep sexuality and politics out of the game. My kids don't need to hear foul language either. Am I violating your human rights if I ask people to not use cuss words on coms?

#132 Commoners

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 146 posts

Posted 05 October 2021 - 10:50 AM

lmao he's going into a full meltdown

#133 1453 R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 05 October 2021 - 10:52 AM

And this, ladies, gentlemen, and everyone in between, is why you get to hear about Trans Rights even when you may not want to.

Look at this. Read it. See a man proclaim that transgender folks are all mentally ill sexual deviants. That they're all leading lives of sin. Watch a man proclaim that it's not only okay, but right and proper to deny children an education on the subject of gender and identity, and that raising each generation in the same hateful, intolerant mold as the last is only fair.

This is why folks don't always listen when they're told "this isn't the time or the place". According to Danichi, we're all supposed to wait quietly for twenty years, then we can ask if it's okay to talk about trans rights again. According to 6th Messenger, we're not ever supposed to talk about trans rights. According to Cherokee, it's never okay to talk about trans rights because trans people don't deserve rights.

This is why threads like this happen, folks. This is why people talk about it. This is why you sometimes have to put up with hearing about it. because if nobody ever talks about it anywhere, the way you're all asking for? Guys like this get to win.

And that's simply unacceptable.

#134 Chadoken

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 75 posts

Posted 05 October 2021 - 10:54 AM

View PostCherokeeRose, on 05 October 2021 - 10:49 AM, said:

Please, tell me where lgbyq people are being harmed on mwo...

cut off you weenie and dress like a girl

your lifestyle is a sin, and I'd appreciate my kids not having that stuff shoved in their face and told it's normal and healthy.

keep your darned sexual perversions to yourself

tranny global **** lifestyle and militant atheist agenda

pushing it on my little kids is harmful.

brainwashed into celebrating mental illness

made up gender pronouns

Yeah

#135 Rain Dark Sky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 179 posts

Posted 05 October 2021 - 10:59 AM

View PostNickiepoo, on 05 October 2021 - 10:46 AM, said:

Speaking of which, where were you on Jan 6th?

I was going to attend but my kui klux Klang uniform was at the dry cleaners.

Lol. What a joke... if you can't attack the idea then attack the person?

How about a unit called "White Pride"?

Racist?

But "Black Pride" is just fine?

#136 Chadoken

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 75 posts

Posted 05 October 2021 - 11:02 AM

View PostCherokeeRose, on 05 October 2021 - 10:59 AM, said:

Attend the gathering of white right wing racist terrorists you mean?

#137 pattonesque

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 05 October 2021 - 11:07 AM

Racist?

you haven't answered any of my question yet. Also you were provided with examples of trans folks being murdered and ignored it.

#138 Commoners

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 146 posts

Posted 05 October 2021 - 11:10 AM

Racist?

So this is an actual question with some nuance.

"White Pride" is a statement that has become completely intertwined with white supremacist groups like the KKK, as you mentioned, and neonazis. It's recognized as a hate slogan by the ADL, which, along with SPLC, are considered two reputable watchdog groups that observe hate groups in the U.S. Here's a fairly brief link about why it's a difficult one, but it would probably be a best practice to not go around shouting that in any community BECAUSE of how deeply intertwined it is with those hate groups.

https://www.adl.org/...rms/white-pride

"Black Pride" is not broadly coopted by recognized hate groups, however, so it'd probably ride. This also requires some nuance because there ARE groups like the NBPP that is a separatist splinter from the BPP that is considered a hate group. If someone was unequivocally supporting the NBPP in allchat it would be similar outcome to someone supporting any other hate group.

I guess the religious equivalent of your first one would be swasitkas. A Buddhist isn't going to be able to come into MWO and paint swastikas, despite it being Buddhist religious symbiology, all over their mech for very obvious reasons. It was a symbol coopted so deeply and inseparably by a hate group that it basically can't be used in an innocent context.

Edited by Commoners, 05 October 2021 - 11:16 AM.

#139 Rain Dark Sky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 179 posts

Posted 05 October 2021 - 11:14 AM

View PostNickiepoo, on 05 October 2021 - 10:54 AM, said:

Yeah

And this post harmed you?

Show us on the doll where it hurts.

I'm still looking for where in the USA constitution it says you have a right to not be offended by somebody else's religious beliefs.

Or do you want to silence and ostracize me, just like you are falsely accusing me of doing?

That's one thing I've learned about the left, always projecting their own bigotry and racism onto others. Just like the Democrats like to claim black people aren't able to get an ID to vote... why?

I just want to be left alone, to live my life, without other people's beliefs being shoved in my face. I'm able to respect your right to live your life in peace as you see fit, but don't you dare try to force it on me or my kids to accept as normal and healthy.

Yet that's what is happening. You literally can't turn on a television (or now apparently a video game) without someone trying to shove their lifestyle in your face.

I don't shove my heterosexualist in your face, in game, I guess asking the same from the alphabet crowd is too much?

#140 pattonesque

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 05 October 2021 - 11:16 AM

View PostCherokeeRose, on 05 October 2021 - 11:14 AM, said:

And this post harmed you?

Show us on the doll where it hurts.

I'm still looking for where in the USA constitution it says you have a right to not be offended by somebody else's religious beliefs.

Or do you want to silence and ostracize me, just like you are falsely accusing me of doing?

That's one thing I've learned about the left, always projecting their own bigotry and racism onto others. Just like the Democrats like to claim black people aren't able to get an ID to vote... why?

I just want to be left alone, to live my life, without other people's beliefs being shoved in my face. I'm able to respect your right to live your life in peace as you see fit, but don't you dare try to force it on me or my kids to accept as normal and healthy.

Yet that's what is happening. You literally can't turn on a television (or now apparently a video game) without someone trying to shove their lifestyle in your face.

I don't shove my heterosexualist in your face, in game, I guess asking the same from the alphabet crowd is too much?

you haven't answered any of my question yet. Also you were provided with examples of trans folks being murdered and ignored it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users