• 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 23 October 2021 - 09:21 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 22 October 2021 - 07:49 PM, said:

Personal attacks.
I'm not seeing any.

Daedaloss and I disagree.

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 22 October 2021 - 07:49 PM, said:

Have you even tried to play a CMD-TDK? 2E in each arm, I can tell you having played it, is a PIA. It loses the arm the second it gets shot at as you try to escape. It needs a buff as do the other variants on the arms. 15pts of armour which is just over one SRM6's worth is hardly over the top.

I leveled up TDK on my alt account last year, and the only complaint I had was that it needed a Medium Laser (standard only) cooldown quirk to compensate for that specific weapon's long cooldown period which was intended to combat boating it on 'mechs such as the Crab. Since the Commando could only carry 4, instead of 6, the long cooldown was very penalizing. With MPL's instead of regular MLas, the 'mech did just fine, and I could regularly clear 400 dmg in a match. I haven't played it since the Cauldron started throwing everything up on end, but as Streaks were the biggest threat to light 'mechs and those got Nerfed, I can't imagine life got any worse.

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 23 October 2021 - 03:48 AM, said:

How many LGauss/ERPPC WHMs do you see in Quick Play currently vs NTGs with ERL/Gauss etc etc?

I see 1-2 WHMs a month. If they were as great as you keep trying to claim they would be everywhere. They simply aren't.

Honestly? I'm not actually sure when's the last time I saw a Night Gyr in QP that wasn't an LRM boat, and that was a teammate of mine. Warhammers I still see periodically (especially following being given away and the subsequent leveling period, but even recently...).

Edited by C337Skymaster, 23 October 2021 - 09:22 PM.

#302 Vercors

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 23 October 2021 - 09:45 PM

Thanks for the masc changes.

#303 Temporary Axis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 116 posts

Posted 23 October 2021 - 10:13 PM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 23 October 2021 - 09:21 PM, said:

Daedaloss and I disagree.

I would invite you and Daedaloss to reread what was posted and have a more rounded view on reality then

#304 TubbyToast

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 October 2021 - 09:28 AM

View PostAivazovsky, on 23 October 2021 - 05:53 AM, said:

Do you know how many IS HGN and AWS I've seen in the current comp? Zero. I've seen BLR a couple of times because high level players prefer Stalker. But I saw very often HGN IIC and SNV. Please stop passing fiction as truth.. Some people are still in 2019 ...

yeah your K/D is still in 2019 haha keep making up stuff btw Stalker mech was always good and didn t really needed any buffs. but i can tell you that why people playing it right now

#305 DAEDALOS513

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 24 October 2021 - 09:30 AM

View PostTubbyToast, on 24 October 2021 - 09:28 AM, said:

yeah your K/D is still in 2019 haha keep making up stuff btw Stalker mech was always good and didn t really needed any buffs. but i can tell you that why people playing it right now

A mech isn't gud until it becomes a crutch.. same with a weapon.

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 24 October 2021 - 09:30 AM.

#306 TubbyToast

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 October 2021 - 10:29 AM

In comp play both teams have access to clan and is so i don t worry about that. I just named a few mechs that make Clanners struggle in fp. if Aviazovsky wants to denie that he can do it

Edited by TubbyToast, 24 October 2021 - 10:30 AM.

#307 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 25 October 2021 - 05:57 AM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 15 October 2021 - 08:29 PM, said:

Honestly, ASH, I can't see you as anything other than a ***** after the Faction Match where your team was mopping up us Pugs, and you felt it necessary to openly mock and belittle myself and another player in All-Chat. I've got a video of that match around here somewhere, but it's been so long that it's buried in a folder somewhere, and I'm having trouble finding it. If I ever do, I'll be able to prove this memory.

I might be the only person openly suggesting the elimination of convergence as a solution to pinpoint damage, but "pinpoint is a problem" has been a complaint with this game since day 1, hence Ghost Heat (whose specific purpose was to limit the amount of damage that could be applied to any one point on any one target at any particular time, and which is suddenly being rapidly eroded with quirks that don't even apply to the stock build of the 'mech, but follow the "flavor of the month" meta).

Also "Invisible walls are a problem" has been another widely repeated complaint, and the elimination of convergence would solve at least half of that issue, as well, by allowing players to use the width of their 'mechs to their advantage and shoot around corners, instead of dumping all their firepower into their invisible cover that they hadn't quite cleared with the crosshair (even though they can see the target, plain as day).

Hes done the same to me in the past.. in Quickplay hes a really poor winner, no modesty at all, very entitled.

That said will the Nightstars be getting more armor quirks, they need it bad.

Edited by MechaGnome, 25 October 2021 - 05:57 AM.

#308 Albert C

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • 28 posts

Posted 27 October 2021 - 12:45 AM

Played WHM-6R a few times recently. Imo WHM-6R is a decent sniper. But its survivability isn't remarkable and nowhere as good as NTGPosted Image . You need other teammates to cover your *** in case any random stealth light decides to ruin your day. During a match few days ago I had to take care of a stealth flea myself and it took me about 5 minutes to murder him(I am not exceptionally good at hitting light at close range and also due to 200+ ping). By the time the game had ended with 170 dmg done.
Given an opportunity this mech can compete with other sniper. Less face time and higher acceleration means you can supress and out trade NTG in theory if you spot it earlier(ecm makes it a challenge), and MAD-4L if it isn't focusing on you.
I rarely touch PPGG so there must be veteran players whose WHM perform much better.

#309 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 27 October 2021 - 12:36 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 15 October 2021 - 03:24 PM, said:

Still missing:
Removed the fing groups from the solo queue - they never belonged there in the first place!

OR

Fixed our so called matchmaker to do its fing job again and properly distribute groups. Yes, this will increase queue times for groups, but lead to more balanced matches instead of the stomps our current implementation massively favours!

#310 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,642 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 27 October 2021 - 04:35 PM

View PostBuenaventura, on 27 October 2021 - 12:36 PM, said:

Still missing:
Removed the fing groups from the solo queue - they never belonged there in the first place!

OR

Fixed our so called matchmaker to do its fing job again and properly distribute groups. Yes, this will increase queue times for groups, but lead to more balanced matches instead of the stomps our current implementation massively favours!

Trying to figure out if it was the beer drinking, lets try this type of groups or the decent groups who actually work together that has pinched you, considering this month and last two months you have a positive W/L ratio and K/D ratio. Unless of course, your perspective is from dropping as part of a group and you hate yourself for it?

#311 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 27 October 2021 - 04:50 PM

Still missing:

OR

Stomps are nothing new to this game and IMO stomps are not the result of the merging of the queues. They have always plagued this game even when mm was somewhat working (the limited population size makes match-making difficult). There are many past threads on this topic. Rather, stomps are more prevalent especially as of late as a side-effect of all the mega buffs being implemented. You can down a mech much more quickly now and as we all know, whichever teams gets the first 2 or 3 kills in the match (usually within the first 2-3 minutes) usually wins, as it snowballs from there. I saw this coming from the first day they buffed most weapons and allowed for giga-sized alpha's without ghost heat.. or relatively high alpha's but with pinpoint accuracy coring a mech in one shot.. instead they should have done the reasonable thing and buffed a handful of underwhelming weapons and nerfed a few of the outlier over-performing ones.

The buffing-spree they went on was all in the name of making the game "fun." Well how's your fun now? This game is border-line unplayable because the fun just isn't there.. I dread any moar buffs they plan on implementing because as we all have learned, the compers are not shy in taking advantage of them.. it's the common player that truly pays the price of all these buffs.

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 27 October 2021 - 05:19 PM.

#312 An6ryMan69

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 455 posts

Posted 27 October 2021 - 06:29 PM

Time for my monthly unsolicited opinion on the patch, after playing the game way too much.

The improvements to the ATM's....well, something needs to be done to this anemic weapon system to encourage people to use it, so this is a good start. Honestly I have about 50 LRM boats in my mech garage and ZERO ATM mechs right now; I'll have to give one a try, I guess. Why no love for the ATM? Direct fire trajectory that makes the weapon system work more like an LBX autocannon than an LRM, bizarre ineffective staged damage that is a total dud at close range, and chincy ammo per ton. Whoever chose to use the work "Advanced" in naming this thing needs to be strapped to a flamer. This improvement will help a little; I still think it will continue to be rarely seen on the battlefield until it is upgraded to something actually "advanced", like a full fledged SRM/LRM combo weapon system with no minimum range, but that's just me. Anyways, I think I see some ATM launchers on my Sun Spider coming up.

The quirk upgrades continuing....great, keep at it. Again I bring up that this helps different mechs actually be different and work owning. My only gripe with quirks overall, is the lack of love some mechs get, compared to others.

The Viridian Bog update. Well, this is a real update, so I'm thankful for that. Nobody totally threw the baby out with the bathwater like Polar or HPG, and I won't even mention Caustic as those wounds are still too fresh...So it's a legit map update. I think it has potential, to be honest, but again, so much clutter was added, in the continuing push to cram players together so they can hug each other to death, that I can't like the new map as much as the old one. At all. Cut out half the mess that gets in the way of everything and I could see this map being a favorite of mine. Now...meh, I vote for it to avoid HPG, Caustic and Rubellite, but only for that reason. I wish I could look forward to map updates instead of fearing them, but...that's just where I'm still at.

At this point I feel morally obligated to thank the PGI team (after bashing them a bit above....) for all the great events going on right now. Totally kick ***! I qualified for all the Loyalty rewards immediately, ate up the Trick or Treat stuff like crazy, did all the Hunter pack stuff with my kick-*** new Hunter mechs, bought the Predator Pack for more loot bags, enjoyed spending way too much on MC and hero mechs on sale, and am just kind of happily flabbergasted by the stuff going on right now! VERY COOL!

Thanks,

Edited by An6ryMan69, 27 October 2021 - 06:41 PM.

#313 ambosen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Aggressor
  • The Aggressor
  • 120 posts

Posted 27 October 2021 - 07:03 PM

So, for the most part, I like how the patch turned out. However there is one weird thing that's occurred that I'm assuming has to be some sort of bug.

Ever since this patch any time I put a RAC-2 or RAC-5 on a number of mechs it seems I get a ludicrously large amount of ammo per ton for them in comparison to what you'd get with or without skill perks or any quirks I know of for literally any other ballistic weapon, even those machine guns that received a flat amount of ammo increase as part of the recent balance changes. I'm talking 1 ton of RAC-5 ammo giving you a bonus ammo count of between twice to three times the stock ammo amount that as far as I can tell, isn't rreally affected by mech quirks or skill perks, to clarify except that it incrreases the already ludicrous ammo amount a fairly marginal amount more in line with ammo counts and upgrades under previous patches.

That's gotta be a bug right? If not, it's a decidedly confusing decision, given it basically gives RAC's a very substantial advantage over other autocannon types in terms of hypothetical damage done over time as well as potential staying power. Especially since vulnerability to damage from ammo explosions with or without CASE of RAC equipped mechs doesn't seem to have changed much at all from previous patches from what I can see.

#314 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 27 October 2021 - 07:25 PM

Still missing:

OR

The MM issue is not so much the groups.

A number of friends & myself have been doing some testing of late and have noted down what we see happening.

This is across all Tiers and multi-timezones for the last 2-3 months.

Read about it HERE

Simply put - Stomps are a thing, have always been a thing and will always be a thing. They can be reduced albeit it, slightly. However the perception they can be massively reduced/removed is utterly impossible.

Even in very balanced matches you can still have 12-0s.

People need to be realistic.

#315 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 27 October 2021 - 07:30 PM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 27 October 2021 - 04:50 PM, said:

Stomps are nothing new to this game and IMO stomps are not the result of the merging of the queues. They have always plagued this game even when mm was somewhat working (the limited population size makes match-making difficult). There are many past threads on this topic.

100%. I can agree where it is fair regardless and that is spot on.

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 27 October 2021 - 04:50 PM, said:

Rather, stomps are more prevalent especially as of late as a side-effect of all the mega buffs being implemented. You can down a mech much more quickly now and as we all know, whichever teams gets the first 2 or 3 kills in the match (usually within the first 2-3 minutes) usually wins, as it snowballs from there.

This however is not accurate. Back in 2018/2017 when it was Solo only and old-balance. Stomps well and truly existed there too - I streamed them all night long.

Whoever gets the early picks has a huge advantage and this is not balance related. That is player skill related and often an element of luck. Comms also play a part. If I make a call and get the team to hold strong areas as I did back then as I do now - The NASCAR effect would lead to the first 1-2 guys coming around the corner and get deleted... Win mostly secured.

It is why then I could maintain a 2.5-3.0 WLR Solo. Same as I do now with a 2.5-3.0 WLR solo. While balance has changed the end result is the same.

#316 P H O T O N

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wild Dog
  • Wild Dog
  • 119 posts

Posted 01 November 2021 - 07:05 AM

I am getting constant game crashes now. Perhaps 1 in 5 games even. Something has gone wrong with a recent patch.

#317 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 01 November 2021 - 07:23 AM

View PostTitan Prometheus, on 01 November 2021 - 07:05 AM, said:

I am getting constant game crashes now. Perhaps 1 in 5 games even. Something has gone wrong with a recent patch.

And you are sure it's not your PC or Laptop having issues ?!

I haven't experienced any crashes with this game for many years now...

Edited by Roodkapje, 01 November 2021 - 07:23 AM.

#318 pattonesque

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 01 November 2021 - 07:47 AM

View PostTitan Prometheus, on 01 November 2021 - 07:05 AM, said:

try setting to borderless windowed, that fixed it for me

#319 Kodan Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 375 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 01 November 2021 - 07:56 AM

While it hasn't been that often for me, it has seemed to increase in frequency for a while now. Will give borderless windowed a try tonight to see if it matters. I've even started crashing at odd times like while spectating.

#320 P H O T O N

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wild Dog
  • Wild Dog
  • 119 posts

Posted 01 November 2021 - 10:14 AM

View PostRoodkapje, on 01 November 2021 - 07:23 AM, said:

And you are sure it's not your PC or Laptop having issues ?!

I haven't experienced any crashes with this game for many years now...

As sure as I can be. PC solid as a rock. I have now spoken with a few others in-game and many are finding similar issues. One thought it might be related to comms via VOIP at inopportune moments e.g. when the game goes from the lobby to the battlefield. I have a suspicion it might be related to alt-tabbing out, which I do often.

Be good to have someone else corroborate that they are experiencing issues.

View Postpattonesque, on 01 November 2021 - 07:47 AM, said:

try setting to borderless windowed, that fixed it for me

Thanks, will try this and report back in a few days.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users